Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital (8560 Views)

6 Lions Escape From Nairobi National Park, One Caught (Photo) / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by wellmax(m): 8:35pm On May 13, 2013
40 mentally ill patients have escaped from a psychiatric hospital in the Kenyan capital Nairobi with only 10 of them returned to the facility, officials said Monday.

“We are now talking of 30 mental patients who are not back. Some have come back on their own volition while some were captured and brought back by their relatives,” police chief Samuel Anampiu said.

Anampiu said two of the escapees went back to the hospital voluntarily while eight others were returned by their families.

The patients overpowered guards and forced open the door of their ward in the Mathari Mental Hospital on Sunday morning.

“Many scaled over the wall and went through Mathare area and a few confident ones used the main gate. When they are traced they should be brought back for their medication,” Anampiu said, adding that all those who escaped were men.

The police chief said that the breakout must have been well planned for it to have had that level of success.

“They must have strategised. It is not possible that without proper planning 75 people can break two doors and more than half of them run away,” he explained.

Kevin Kemboi, an escapee who was returned to the facility by family members, said he escaped after another patient told him that the hospital nurses were on strike.

“I just followed one of the patients … then made my way home. At home I realised the environment was different. I felt like I was being disturbed by snakes and decided to go back. It is the place I need to be,” he said before breaking down into tears.

Anampiu earlier announced that the police had all the details of the escapees which “will make it easy for us to identify them”.

At least 35 others were stopped by guards from leaving after the initial breakout.

The hospital lies close to the sprawling Mathare slum district of Nairobi.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/40-psychiatric-patients-escape-from-kenya-hospital/

Nna nawa!
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by bigtt76(f): 8:37pm On May 13, 2013
Hmmm hope they don't near the stadium during Nigeria/Kenya match o!

3 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by aspabay(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2013
Very funny incidence, saw it on bbc too

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22509446

Because say them no give them medicine on time.
grin grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by donPhill(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2013
area!!! Koboko go treat dem well oo.....e for be 9ja now de for say na insecurity....
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 13, 2013
They might join Nairaland soon and you know what that means, more psychos to deal with. embarassed undecided

12 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Gboliwe: 9:30pm On May 13, 2013
Serious national wahala
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by dasparrow: 10:48pm On May 13, 2013
hornipipe: They might join Nairaland soon and you know what that means, more psychos to deal with. embarassed undecided

LOL, so true.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 13, 2013
dasparrow:

LOL, so true.
yea grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by kponkedenge(m): 11:33pm On May 13, 2013
Please how can I contact them. Thanks angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 12:42am On May 14, 2013
kponke denge: Please how can I contact them. Thanks angry angry angry
contact who?? The psychos??
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by aspabay(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2013
^^^^
please ask him.. grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Omen100(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2013
Interesting
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 14, 2013
WELL DAYUMMM. 40 ZOMBIES ON THE LOOSE. TIME FOR THRILLER

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 14, 2013
I hope none will escape from Yaba Left too. undecided
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 14, 2013
bigtt76: Hmmm hooe they don't near the stadium during Nigeria/Kenya match o!

grin grin lipsrsealed

@topic: na real wa!
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 14, 2013
CFCfan: I hope none will escape from Yaba Left too. undecided

one already did dear.
his name is 190. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin lipsrsealed

@topic: na real wa!
KAILS ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE FROM KENYA ? undecided
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by DICKtator: 2:40pm On May 14, 2013
No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by sammyyoung2(m): 2:40pm On May 14, 2013
Lolz
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Freiburger(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2013
What' s next? 10 normal police officers should chase them and bring them to order.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by 190: 2:41pm On May 14, 2013
FINAL DESTINATION --------------------------------------------------> NIGERIA

BE WARNED!! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2013
Saw it in the news yesternight.
Omo na craze mental!
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by postulate321(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2013
lols, this is like a joke you know. How on earth could madmen plan to escape for christ sake? That police man must be very funny!

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Chanchit: 2:45pm On May 14, 2013
Maybe some of them should start acting action films. E no easy to break away from prison/psycho home o. Their leader should even be given an award.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by 190: 2:45pm On May 14, 2013
obadiah777: KAILS ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE FROM KENYA ? undecided

Dont you know

shes from nairobi general hospital -
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by sylve11: 2:45pm On May 14, 2013
Lol, e don red. grin grin grin cool
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by 190: 2:46pm On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:

one already did dear.
his name is 190. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Chanchit: 2:48pm On May 14, 2013
DICKtator: No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin

Bros' is this Malay english..?

2 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 14, 2013
God help super eagle if these dudes invade the pitch during Nigeria Vs. Kenya world cup qualifier.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 14, 2013
190:

Dont you know

shes from nairobi general hospital -

SHE NEED TO CHECK HERSELF INTO YABA LEFT. THAT WHAT SHE NEED TO DO, SEEING AS SHE ALREADY IN NIGERIA. WE NEED TIGHTER BORDER CONTROL embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Navy Seals, The Special Force Having The Most Brutal And Deadly Training. / African Military Commanders[both Positive And Negative Forces]. / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.