Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital (8563 Views)

6 Lions Escape From Nairobi National Park, One Caught (Photo) / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by BOSS6: 2:52pm On May 14, 2013
OP. You sure must be one of them.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by inosend: 2:53pm On May 14, 2013
Look out for newcomers to nairaland. *picks up magnifying glass and binoculars and start going through list of nairaland members*

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by jadina(f): 2:55pm On May 14, 2013
Since it seems they had it all figured out about escape route and how to carry out the operation, i think they are all cured. They should get discharge certificates and be released grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by olapluto(m): 2:56pm On May 14, 2013
wellmax:
“I just followed one of the patients … then made my way home. At home I realised the environment was different. I felt like I was being disturbed by snakes and decided to go back. It is the place I need to be,” he said before breaking down into tears.

Nna nawa!
Very funny!

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Policewoman(f): 3:03pm On May 14, 2013
wellmax: 40 mentally ill patients have escaped from a psychiatric hospital in the Kenyan capital Nairobi with only 10 of them returned to the facility, officials said Monday.

“We are now talking of 30 mental patients who are not back. Some have come back on their own volition while some were captured and brought back by their relatives,” police chief Samuel Anampiu said.

Anampiu said two of the escapees went back to the hospital voluntarily while eight others were returned by their families.

The patients overpowered guards and forced open the door of their ward in the Mathari Mental Hospital on Sunday morning.

“Many scaled over the wall and went through Mathare area and a few confident ones used the main gate. When they are traced they should be brought back for their medication,” Anampiu said, adding that all those who escaped were men.

The police chief said that the breakout must have been well planned for it to have had that level of success.

“They must have strategised. It is not possible that without proper planning 75 people can break two doors and more than half of them run away,” he explained.

Kevin Kemboi, an escapee who was returned to the facility by family members, said he escaped after another patient told him that the hospital nurses were on strike.

“I just followed one of the patients … then made my way home. At home I realised the environment was different. I felt like I was being disturbed by snakes and decided to go back. It is the place I need to be,” he said before breaking down into tears.

Anampiu earlier announced that the police had all the details of the escapees which “will make it easy for us to identify them”.

At least 35 others were stopped by guards from leaving after the initial breakout.

The hospital lies close to the sprawling Mathare slum district of Nairobi.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/40-psychiatric-patients-escape-from-kenya-hospital/

Nna nawa!
O DIKWA RISKY O! smiley smiley smiley
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Truckpusher(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2013
Wahala dey be that....
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 14, 2013
hmmmm....
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Boyoorisha: 3:20pm On May 14, 2013
DICKtator: No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin

Truly, here is one of them!

2 Likes

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Originalsly: 3:22pm On May 14, 2013
"The Police Chief said that the breakout must have been well planned to have this level of success"....now tell me why should this chief not get a mental check up? How can mad men plan anything?...let alone a massive breakout? This is madness.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
Lolz
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by since1914(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2013
On a lighter note...I just imagined for a second that if this happened in Nigeria: the Police will return back more than forty inmates, they will simply launch a manhunt and arrest every shabbily dressed artisan on the street and railroad them to the Asylum. Or they could even use it to threaten bus drivers whom refuse to 'settle' them.

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by toprealman: 3:37pm On May 14, 2013
aspabay: Very funny incidence, saw it on bbc too

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22509446

Because say them no give them medicine on time.
grin grin
What is funny about it?
Why did BBC not state the reason why the one of them returned? These people and their over sabi....na another real wa oh!
A probe into why the patients fled from hospital should be carried out. They are mentally ill and should be respected rather than ridiculed.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Willy7(m): 3:38pm On May 14, 2013
They are already in nairaland,posing as nigerians.By their comments ye shall know them.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Ifecoded(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2013
bigtt76: Hmmm hooe they don't near the stadium during Nigeria/Kenya match o!
Na dat 1 go tough pass o.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by yuzedo: 3:41pm On May 14, 2013
Zungiwe, Ungatatu, Lilongo, brodas, I have ranned to Nigeria. Is safe contry. Mad mens are allow to rome free and even becom govnor. Plis try and make it hear. Am waity u.

Sent from my eye pad in Banana Ice land
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Capnd143(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2013
Lol@ "the break out was well planned! This guys are high level madmen" and
@nurses were on strike! Hahahahahahaha!

this is a cordinated terrorist psycho attack! I hope seun start blocking kenyan ip before then start flogging into nairaland other better stil replace #21 with "keyan pyschos are not allowed"
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 14, 2013
aspabay: ^^^^
please ask him.. grin
grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by maxisfield(f): 3:58pm On May 14, 2013
Chim oooo! shocked enuf ndiara hav bin released grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Capnd143(m): 3:59pm On May 14, 2013
yuzedo: Zungiwe, Ungatatu, Lilongo, brodas, I have ranned to Nigeria.[b] Is safe contry. Mad mens are allow to rome free and even becom govnor. Plis try and make it hear. Am waity u.

Sent from my eye pad in Banana Ice land[/b]
dear psycho bros! It depends on your definition of free, becos i wud advice you to try roaming free at Baga,bama and nasarawa!! Am sure you will be welcomed with open [s]arms[/b] armed men.

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by kwajahafiz(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2013
If that happened in Nigeria no one will notice them in the streets as they mingle with an equally lunatic society.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Ochek: 4:32pm On May 14, 2013
DICKtator: No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin

Ok! I think this is what is called word salad in psychiatary. This guy don go o! Where them kenyan police dey?

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Ochek: 4:35pm On May 14, 2013
kwajahafiz: If that happened in Nigeria no one will notice them in the streets as they mingle with an equally lunatic society.

Show me your village and i guess i would be convinced with ur statement.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by 190: 4:52pm On May 14, 2013
no doubt the moderator sexkillz is among those pysco's whos escaped grin grin grin
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by 190: 4:54pm On May 14, 2013
yuzedo: Zungiwe, Ungatatu, Lilongo, brodas, I have ranned to Nigeria. Is safe contry. Mad mens are allow to rome free and even becom govnor. Plis try and make it hear. Am waity u.

you forgot to include sexkillz among your brother's list grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by adaptor4all: 4:55pm On May 14, 2013
MADMAN: Hello,is dis d psych hosp in Nairobi
PSYCHIATRIST: Yes sir..hw cud I b of help?
MADMAN: Is it true dt 40persons escaped 2day
PSYCHIATRIST: U r very correct..any info on dia whereabouts
MADMAN: Am nt so sure dt dis is true cos I b 1 of dem...abeg hep me check my room for B109..my mind dey tell me se I still dey dia

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Odunharry(m): 5:09pm On May 14, 2013
make them block our borders..those pipu go do marathon enta 9ja o
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 14, 2013
yuzedo: Zungiwe, Ungatatu, Lilongo, brodas, I have ranned to Nigeria. Is safe contry. Mad mens are allow to rome free and even becom govnor. Plis try and make it hear. Am waity u.

U must be high on sumtn,cnt quite place my finger on it,bet I kno its something very cheap.let brother seun catsh u.nobody wee beg for u lipsrsealed
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by abduldope(m): 5:26pm On May 14, 2013
kponke denge: Please how can I contact them. Thanks angry angry angry
lwkm guy u no well cheesy
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by costan306(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2013
the must hv watched prison break
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by beeman80: 5:43pm On May 14, 2013
wellmax: 40 mentally ill patients have escaped from a psychiatric hospital in the Kenyan capital Nairobi with only 10 of them returned to the facility, officials said Monday.

“We are now talking of 30 mental patients who are not back. Some have come back on their own volition while some were captured and brought back by their relatives,” police chief Samuel Anampiu said.

Anampiu said two of the escapees went back to the hospital voluntarily while eight others were returned by their families.

The patients overpowered guards and forced open the door of their ward in the Mathari Mental Hospital on Sunday morning.

“Many scaled over the wall and went through Mathare area and a few confident ones used the main gate. When they are traced they should be brought back for their medication,” Anampiu said, adding that all those who escaped were men.

The police chief said that the breakout must have been well planned for it to have had that level of success.

“They must have strategised. It is not possible that without proper planning 75 people can break two doors and more than half of them run away,” he explained.

Kevin Kemboi, an escapee who was returned to the facility by family members, said he escaped after another patient told him that the hospital nurses were on strike.

Anampiu earlier announced that the police had all the details of the escapees which “will make it easy for us to identify them”.

At least 35 others were stopped by guards from leaving after the initial breakout.

The hospital lies close to the sprawling Mathare slum district of Nairobi.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/40-psychiatric-patients-escape-from-kenya-hospital/

Nna nawa!

ON THEIR WAY TO NAIJA.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by filcast(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2013
@all,pls note that 'madness' is a relative term and by its definition,we all are actually 'mad' to varying degrees! How many of you here have voluntarily presented yourselves for the recommended biannual psychiatric evaluation at yaba-left?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa / US Navy Seals, The Special Force Having The Most Brutal And Deadly Training. / African Military Commanders[both Positive And Negative Forces].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.