Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? (6750 Views)

Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) / How Genuine Is Etisalat Easybiz Universal Network Marketing? / Etisalat Now Browsing Free On Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by jechona(m): 11:40pm On May 13, 2013
Please help me by telling me if you are experiencing the same thing am experiencing.
Its becoming a hobby for etisalat now, when i load my etisalat line, I will recieve a confirmation text that my subscribtion for either sport news or something else was successful and money will be deducted from my account even when I did not subscribe for such service, I will call the customer care and they will keep me waiting for more than an hour then terminate the call without answering me unlike etisalat customer care that will not keep one for up to 20 minutes before answering the person.
Please I need confirmations, because this thing is becoming unbearable.
Thanks pals.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 14, 2013
Type n send "STOP" to d code number dat sent de sms, mine is 30047, u will receive a text message within 5mins, 10mins or thereabouts, follow up de sms dat states " please confirm your unsubcription. for FOOTBALL NEWS reply with 1". .....Stop must be in capital letters pls.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 14, 2013
Actually, they deducted de sum of 40naira from my credit without my consent, after sending a football subscription sms which I never requested. Send STOP to the code number dat sent the sms n follow up the reply text message dat comes with it. wait for the reply, it will take up to 20mins.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Nobody: 1:02am On May 14, 2013
customer~send STOP to de code number dat sent d message.
Etisalat sms~ please confirm your unsubcription. For FOOTBALL NEWS reply with 1.
Customer~ send 1 to the code number dat sent de sms reply.
Etisalat sms~your subscription to the FOOTBALL NEWS service has been deactivated successfully. To resubscribe, sms cf to the code number.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by DTalented(m): 2:51am On May 14, 2013
I think you subscribed to that sports stuff. They can not just start deducting your money. Abi dem don turn to mtn?
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by jechona(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2013
DTalented: I think you subscribed to that sports stuff. They can not just start deducting your money. Abi dem don turn to mtn?
brother, I did not, besides I don-t fancy football.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by jechona(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2013
Hackin: customer~send STOP to de code number dat sent d message.
Etisalat sms~ please confirm your unsubcription. For FOOTBALL NEWS reply with 1.
Customer~ send 1 to the code number dat sent de sms reply.
Etisalat sms~your subscription to the FOOTBALL NEWS service has been deactivated successfully. To resubscribe, sms cf to the code number.
thanks. But what happens to the money they have dwducted without my concent? Abi that one don enta voicemail?
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by KeyA1: 8:51am On May 14, 2013
DTalented: I think you subscribed to that sports stuff. They can not just start deducting your money. Abi dem don turn to mtn?

Yes they can, and in fact they did it to me also. Thanks to their customer care that resolved the issue when I called, if not, I would have discarded the line. There are numerous network providers these days, so anyone that decides to misbehave goes down the trash can.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by kolamilan(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2013
i taught is only me witnessing this, they remove my money
without my concert with this message ''fun news pack has
been renewed at N75 for 7 days'' now i cannot recharge
because they will automatically remove it.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by iykepromotions: 10:07am On May 14, 2013
kolamilan: i taught is only me witnessing this, they remove my money
without my concert with this message ''fun news pack has
been renewed at N75 for 7 days'' now i cannot recharge
because they will automatically remove it.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by aglomar: 10:33am On May 14, 2013
Later they will return with a dating scheme. How do l port away?
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by aglomar: 10:33am On May 14, 2013
Later they will return with a dating scheme. How do l port away?
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 14, 2013
jechona:
thanks. But what happens to the money they have dwducted without my concent? Abi that one don enta voicemail?
The money is gone though they hv bn trying, giving out free credits n other free benefits. Just request to end the subscriptions
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Wisdomfemi: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
Etisalat removed 150 naira, for what i dnt knw about. They removed 100 naira d oda time, i complained nd they apologised . Nw na 150 o, i cant take dis any more.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Priceworth123: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
I think u can make your complain straight to the company
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by okechukwu3: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Etisalat deducted my #1000, when i complained they said it was for a data plan i registered i told them to deactivate the plan and return my money though i can't remember ever registering any plan, they agreed and said that the money will be returned in 12hrs, after 48hrs they credited my account with #961.After some months thesame issue of debiting my account to the sum of #1000 occured. Again i complained to the customer service and they said it was the same issue of a plan i registered , i told them it has been deactivated, since than till date i have not reeceived my money and it takes ages for them to pick calls.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Ogarnairaland: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2013
Etisalat worst!
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by mariong(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
Etisalat is now even worst than MTN. They keep deducting money from my account ranging from 0.15 to 2.50, whenever i have a low account balance, it will continue reducing till it gets to 0.00.
It's just annoying, their charges for call exorbitant, browsing when you've exausted their 15mb is something else.
I pity those that are (thinking of) porting to the network. Instead of them to improve their tarriff with the increase in their customer base they are doing the opposite.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Etisalat, has the most outrageous call rates ever.
They're simply running me down. Worse off, i'm using one of their Android phones which is locked and cannot switched to other networks. Their data rates for Android devices is even beyond my comprehension.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Deiok(m): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Etisalat are also deducing airtime from my account, smetimes N20 N10 N40. Their customer care line isnt going through.
And i tried subscribing for their nairaland social plan, they deduce the subscription fee, but it doesnt work if i try to open Nairaland.
Re: Is Etisalat Now Stealing Form It Subscribers? by Ushalle: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
I have problem with etisalat, this number 02348097996581 use to call me twice daily, either received or rejected, etisalat will deduct twenty naira from my account. Please how could I stop it?

(1) (Reply)

Bizness Challenge Most Difficult Task, 90items, 8days, N110000K - Live Update / How Much Is Dollar To Nairaland Today (diamond Bank Exchange). Urgently Please!! / Do You Need Any Thing From Usa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.