Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English (3943 Views)

Learn Android App Development For FREE Here / Pictures Of My First Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) / Translate Automatically Some Pages From English To Other Languages Like German (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English by sirsaula: 4:21am On May 14, 2013
I got tired of there not being a translator for English to Yoruba so I made one for all my akata, oyinbos, and naijas that may lack the beloved Yoruba.

Now you can search a word before Texting that Yoruba gehl or guy you like "Wa ni bi"

You can download it here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yoruba.main

It supports voice to text
English to Yoruba
Pidgin-English to English

For android phones/tablets. I will be adding from Yoruba to english soon.

Feel free to rate, comment, suggestions on the app page.

1 Like

Re: Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English by tonym1(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2013
IMPRESSIVE MORE NIGERIANS SHOULD SUPPORT THE APP
Re: Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English by tonym1(m): 8:12pm On May 20, 2013
MAKE THE APP ACCESSIBLE ON IPAD ALSO, SO MANY NIGERIANS ABROAD WHO DO UNDERSTAND YORUBA WILL FIND IT USEFUL
Re: Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English by sirsaula: 1:59pm On May 21, 2013
I changed the name of the app to "Nigerian Dictionary"

I added Pidgin-english to english e.g abeg, shakara, sabi etc

I will soon add Igbo and Hausa to the app.

Also plan on releasing an app on the iphone/ipad soon

Remember to spread the app.
Re: Android App: English To Yoruba & Pidgin-English to English by Tpfkakambo(m): 11:20pm On May 27, 2013
nice one sir.
I had an idea like this but discarded it as childish!! only to see some1 implement it!!
. but then there was no android it was j2me that was the rave..
well.. i think i'll take my ideas seriously from now on.
seen some of them already implemented on this site..
mor grease to your pinkie joints..

(1) (Reply)

Lessons In How Not To Implement Application Security / Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here / Let's Set Up a Non-Profit Developer Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.