Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor (9817 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 14, 2013
Its the responsibility of the people to choose who will lead them. Mr Governor you should clean your buttocks and walk away
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:01pm On May 14, 2013
modextus: undecided Like seriously? Governors are now monarchs?

Nigerians are used to being beat down 99.9% of them dont even know that the Government Officials are there to serve them and not the other way around.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by katordidi(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2013
its not in your place to find a successor, i cant believe dis nigerian brand of democracy
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nonybb: 9:27pm On May 14, 2013
idumuose: Ifeanyi Uba as an oil magnate is more than
Qualified to be the next Governor of Anambra
State.And I have my reasons.
its a shame!!!. U should be ashamed of ur self
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nonybb: 9:29pm On May 14, 2013
Peter Obi a failure like himself is looking for whom to succeed him
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 14, 2013
what happened to the old fashioned "allowing the will of Anambra prevail?"
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by madamoringo(f): 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
How disappointing that in 8 years, Obi has not found anyone to groom to take over the leadership of Anambra state, subject to the elections? Leadership and team work is not a known trait of the people in that part of Nigeria anyway!
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Ogojohn(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

In the name of God oooooo!
Whoever Obi anoints will lead Omanbala.
Omanbala indeed. Just be getting ready for the biggest fraud of your life time. He will take you all for a ride. He will nominate a fellow from his local government.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by mbulela: 9:58pm On May 14, 2013
These religious leaders make me ashamed to be a Christian.
The governor himself is no better. It is not his bloody business who the people choose as his successor. if he finds anyone who he thinks is worthy, he should encourage same to buy a form and present himself before the people. In addition he should deep his hands into his pocket to support such a person. We do not care whether he has seen a worthy successor or not, the people will decide that.
As for the charlatans calling themselves religious leaders, may God have mercy on your miserable souls.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Tonionyeka(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2013
Can't He support anybody? We are searching for better and God fearing person.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Obiagu1(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2013
Geomac:

The signs are on the wall that Charles is contesting not too sure of Dora.

If he is contesting, he should contest under APGA.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Chillypelly(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Keep dreaming; Ngige wets his shorts,anytime he hears the name OKWUTE!
Obi is the most powerful man not only in Anambra but AnaIgbo,as a whole.
THE MAN IS A CULT FIGURE but still as gentle as a child.
He is a blessed man.

I see nicotin running through your veins and damaging the remains of your already damaged brain cells. Did I hear you call a woman the most powerful in Igboland I urge you to visit a hospital for mental redemption.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by FreeGlobe(f): 11:02pm On May 14, 2013
Chillypelly:

I see nicotin running through your veins and damaging the remains of your already damaged brain cells. Did I hear you call a woman the most powerful in Igboland I urge you to visit a hospital for mental redemption.
hehehehe. That could be the fraud called Peter obi himself. The same man that could not deliver a senatorial seat to himself and party. The same man ngige disgraced outrightly? As a matter of fact, anyone Peter obi endorses is the first to lose the election

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
hehehehe. That could be the fraud called Peter obi himself. The same man that could not deliver a senatorial seat to himself and party. The same man ngige disgraced outrightly? As a matter of fact, anyone Peter obi endorses is the first to lose the election

Why didn't Ngige beat Obi at the last gubernatorial election,if Ngige was such a bada.ss ?
No need responding you;Onye ka nmadu ka chi ye.

1 Like

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2013
Chillypelly:

How would you reason properly when your head is far up ya a..sss
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Sealeddeal(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2013
Hahahha...He cant even find any.He will at last chose an unsuitable person who he will hope to suceed him.Well,its left for Anambrarians to decide who lead them
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by FreeGlobe(f): 11:24pm On May 14, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Why didn't Ngige beat Obi at the last gubernatorial election,if Ngige was such a bada.ss ?
No need responding you;Onye ka nmadu ka chi ye.
Every body knows Peter obi did not win the said election and the role Ojukwu played in him coming even close. What happened in the senatorial When ojukwu was not available?
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by unikchyka(f): 11:25pm On May 14, 2013
yuzedo: piter bro, hola at me year grate succcesor. I make anabra to look like Jamny in 1-years bro, truss me! wink

Vote Jnr. Chief Dr. Sir YUZEDO Pollycap SweeTUs for govnor anabra 2014. cool free PuNnY for first 10 vote! wink wink wink

Seun, Mods, bro, suppoth my campain and I do advat on NL! wink plis be nice and don hide dis campain post dammit! angry angry angry
Boring!
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:32pm On May 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Every body knows Peter obi did not win the said election and the role Ojukwu played in him coming even close. What happened in the senatorial When was not available?

Wasn't it Akunyili and Ngige that contested for the senate seat ? Everybody knows that Ngige was more popular than Akunyili in Anambra central. As for Obi rigging the election; Why couldn't Ngige present proof ? I don't have time for all these back and forth. Your hatred for Obi is immesurable.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by FreeGlobe(f): 11:43pm On May 14, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Wasn't it Akunyili and Ngige that contested for the senate seat ? Everybody knows that Ngige was more popular than Akunyili in Anambra central. As for Obi rigging the election; Why couldn't Ngige present proof ? I don't have time for all these back and forth. Your hatred for Obi is immesurable.
you are talking jargons. The election was Ngige vs Peter Obi/Akunyili. Peter Obi is unpopular in Anambra State. No single remarkable project in 8 years. Let him continue flying around the world aimlessly
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by fallingsky(m): 12:27am On May 15, 2013
Wait oh..... Na U dey chose who go b Governor??
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by cfours: 1:09am On May 15, 2013
what an insult. is it his job to search for successor? See as he is talking as if he's running a royal palace.
Anambra people need to impeach him and show him who is boss.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by jay2k(m): 7:04am On May 15, 2013
idumuose: Ifeanyi Uba as an oil magnate is more than
Qualified to be the next Governor of Anambra
State.And I have my reasons.
how ??, y not go ahead nd make ur reasons clear..
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by lordnammy(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2013
Please I want to plainly say that Obi not better than the so called Ifeanyi Uba. Do guy not reason? A man without best formal education bt ve the ingenuity to come top in the nations energy sector n beyond we do need professors they r nt good leader we need able hands. Who cee opportunity where prof cee analytical problems. Ngige is a good candidate as well as anyi Uba. Obi was nt not a professor leaderrship position is not best suited for prof n scholars they should be for class room. Leader is a. ge wc require ur radicality, ur foresight courage stubborn humility insight n outspoken u must be ready to do good as well as bad if need be so far it pleases God. I cee that in Ngige n Anyi Uba
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Erotex(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2013
Nigeria!!!!!
Is he the one to find or the masses?
Just dont Understand Nigeria political pattern.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Syncan(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2013
c.fours:
what an insult. is it his job to search for successor? See as he is talking as if he's running a royal palace.
Anambra people need to impeach him and show him who is boss.

Abeg pour ice water for your temper biko, no vex too much.The man was in his lodge when a group of those he governs visited him with a request:"...and urged him not to let the people alone decide who his successor would be". He responded that he has not seen any suitable candidate yet(probably waiting for all interested to declare, so as not to dissuade any one), yet he still reminded them that it is their duty "the people of Anambra State needed to be vigilant to ensure that a man of character and integrity becomes the next governor of the state". I really do not see why the bashing of the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Malawian(m): 10:16am On May 15, 2013
adaobi must be an 1d10t. who told him he is to decide for us who should succeed him?
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by Geomac: 10:35am On May 15, 2013
Obiagu1:

If he is contesting, he should contest under APGA.

APGA! I doubt it.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by ifebosco: 10:58am On May 15, 2013
slimghost:

Tufiakwa!!! That dumb illiterate money miss road? God Forbid.

I will go for:
Oseloka Obaze
Dora Akunyili
Chuma Soludo
and ngige
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by slimghost(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2013
Syncan:

Abeg pour ice water for your temper biko, no vex too much.The man was in his lodge when a group of those he governs visited him with a request:"...and urged him not to let the people alone decide who his successor would be". He responded that he has not seen any suitable candidate yet(probably waiting for all interested to declare, so as not to dissuade any one), yet he still reminded them that it is their duty "the people of Anambra State needed to be vigilant to ensure that a man of character and integrity becomes the next governor of the state". I really do not see why the bashing of the governor.

Don't mind these illiterates.
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by addicted268(f): 11:45am On May 15, 2013
Agbalanze: The masses should have the final say and not Mr Obi...
exactly.peter obi should realize that its the citizens that should choose their leader.his opinions shouldn't count(if only nigeria is what it should be)
Re: Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor by iheneme(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2013
Geomac: I Am Yet To See A Suitable Successor - Gov Peter Obi

Anambra State Governor Peter Obi on Monday said he was searching for the right person to succeed him in 2014.

The governor said this when a group of religious leaders visited him at his lodge in Amawbia and urged him not to let the people alone decide who his successor would be.

He said though he was yet to find anyone a suitable successor, the people of Anambra State needed to be vigilant to ensure that a man of character and integrity becomes the next governor of the state.

He said he would continue to pray to God to give the state somebody better than himself and not a person without character, who might jeopardise the future of the state.

“He must not be a professional politician that sees politics not as a vocation to advance the progress of civilisation, but an avenue to steal the people’s money,” he said.

He said the person to come after him should be humble enough to realise that everybody is a human being that is entitled to respect as the image of God.

The leader and the President of the group, Rev. Innocent Obumneme, said they had come to the governor to express concern over the quality of the people aspiring to be governor.

He said some of the aspirant were merely thinking that running for public office had to do with the amount of money they had.

Obumneme urged the governor not to leave the choice of his successor to the people alone.

“You have a part to play and that posterity would not forgive you if after eight years, you allow a “fool” to take over the state because of his ability to buy everybody,” he said

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-still-searching-for-a-successor-obi/
If you could read between the lines, you'd realise that Obi is tactfully re-iterating that it is the people of Anambra that will choose for themselves, not him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obanikoro Remains In EFCC Custody As He Fails To Refund First N100m- SR / Why Nigerian Economy Will Not Improve Under Buhari - Vanguard's Dele Sobowale / Akan Okon: Ibom Deep Seaport To Be Built In Phases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.