Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Running For Senate (22938 Views)

Peter Obi Is A 'roadside Politician Without Vision' - Ngige / Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by DailyPost: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Former Anambra State Governor, Mr Peter Obi, has confirmed that he is indeed running for the Anambra Central senatorial seat on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

Admitting his candidacy publicly for the first time, Obi gave reasons behind his decision to join the race to the senate in Anambra State.

He said that he is in the race because various prominent people of Anambra State, including Senator Uche Ekwunife, had piled pressure on him to run and convinced him beyond doubt that he is needed there at the Red Chamber of the National Assembly to assist his constituency and the state.

He insisted that he did not agree initially hence he went back to school, trying to figure out how to help his people but yielded when critical stakeholders explained the implications of a General abandoning his troops when they needed him most.

Speaking in an interview with Odenigbo FM at Obosi yesterday, the former governor said that notable people across the southeast geopolitical zone put it to him that his experience and exposure with wide connections would make him a good senator and he succumbed to the pressure they mounted after due consultations.

He said that he decided to run the race after putting certain factors into consideration among which include the fact that he has a good relationship with a good number of current senators who were his colleagues as governors like the Senate President Bukola Saraki, Sen Aliyu Magatarda Wamakko from Sokoto, Sen Sam Egwu from Ebonyi, Sen Ahmed Sani Yerima from Zamfara, Sen Danjuma Goje from Gombe, Sen Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso from Kano, Sen Godswill Akpabio from Akwa Ibom, and Sen Theodore Orji from Abia among others.

“Senator Saraki was the Chairman of the Governors Forum and I was his deputy for three years and we moved together, did a lot of things together, so I am sure that Saraki would like to welcome me in the Senate,” he said adding that if elected, he would use his relationship with top senators to attract dividends of democracy to the good people of Anambra central in particular and the southeast zone in general.

Maintaining that good relationship pays, he noted that he was able to record great achievements in Anambra as governor because he had good relationship with people that matters.

“Through a good relationship, a senator facilitated the construction of a flyover bridge at the New Parts junction along Onitsha – Enugu expressway at Nkpor, through a senator I attracted N3 billion to a University in Anambra, through good relationship I brought MDG, World Bank, European Union, DFID and other foreign agencies to Anambra.”

The former governor who is called Okwute (stone) because of his doggedness and competence in doing things also recalled that through his relationship with the Federal Government during late president Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan, he was able to save Onitsha Drug Market from permanent closure by the federal government, facilitated the state burial for the late Ikemba of Nnewi and Eze Igbo Gburugburu Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, helped to facilitate the establishment of Innoson Vehicle plant and validated the upgrading of Enugu Airport into an international Airport.

He explained that the federal government wanted to permanently close Onitsha Drug Market following a report presented by an international organisation convincing the ministry of health that the market is the den of fake drugs in Nigeria noting that it took his decision to storm Abuja with other southeast governors to save the market from permanent closure.

Reassuring that he will fulfil his promise if elected into the senate, he echoed that he fulfilled all he promised Ndi Anambra as governor from 2006 – 2014 noting that he promised that he won’t loot and share public fund with friends and relations and he did not loot and share money to anybody, promised to pay pensioners and he did, promised to tar 60 kilometres of road annually and exceeded it, promised to revamp education and health sector and ended up carrying out a massive revolution in the sectors among other things numerous to mention.

“As governor, I fulfilled every promise I made during campaign, the records are there and I will do same if I go to the senate,” he repeated

Source http://www.viviangist.com/anambra-central-rerun-i-m-running-for-senate-says-ex-gov-peter-obi

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by evy1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by PRXPERT: 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
I will never support peter obi in this his new journey!!! I detest hypocrisy

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Ahmed0336(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Obi versus Umeh Anambarians over to you grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Umeh would defeat and disgrace you. Nonsense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Noneroone(m): 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Obi and Umeh are two criminals

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by playahata: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
If na by good relationships, naija for done better tey tey. Who you wan deceive!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by winniz: 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
You are already the winner!

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Sunofgod(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
Judas - you will loose!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Integrityfarms(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
A project dead on arrival!

Obi won't understand that an oil well is been drilled on his head till the money he has how's done to a reasonable level!

He better remain an elder statesman!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Pennyways: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
alright Mr. Obi you are welcome, with PDP you are good to go. I wish you the best of luck.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by justicejay(m): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
They are birds of a feather.
Naija politician are all Judas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Sweetcollins: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Run and also run for ur life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by NobleAngell(f): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Fine man. Nice smile, I hope you're as nice as your smile. Good luck to you anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Exxit(m): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Politics in Naija is a joke. Someone will just decide to rum for senate and you people instead of waiting to hear what he has to offer you'll just start making it look like a vs game. Obi vs omeh.. Same as that old goat we have as president. He just mentioned what he'll do when he enters the office and those dullards voted him in without making him tell us in details during his campaign how he will accomplish it. Go watch u.s.a politicians debate and talk about their plans in details of how they'll accomplish their goals. I feel sorry for Nigeria. Such a good place.

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
okwute ndi igbo aputago n'ogbo.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
They are both welcome as long as they are not in APC

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by donholy28(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
dix man wants to further his looting skills
Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by gwmlogistic: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
PRXPERT:
I will never support peter obi in this his new journey!!! I detest hypocrisy
Sad thing is that he doesn't need your support

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
I think Obi should be supported but...

It is at the prerogative of his constituents

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by tinsel: 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
His downfall. Umeh/Apga will disgrace him. I just hope the federal government will allow a free election.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by neolboy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Safe trip to the red chamber

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by write2obi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Well i'm not surprised he decided to contest for another public office, i mean they always come back for more, they are all the same, no exceptions, not a single one of them. I just wonder why a sane man will come online and defend/standby a Nigerian politician.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
May the best candidate win

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by drizzymadbet(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Na the gullible idiots that would believe this trash, hahaha na force em force u contest.

Politicians are all the same, changing with changing times .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by tinsel: 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
It is a good thing he is coming out for this election. He will finally retire. We don't need his kind of politics in Anambra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Qmerit(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Who would Anambra central vote here?
Pdp which is their party Partially or Apga which is the state party? Former Apga gov and Apga chairman.. did Obi decamped after being a gov for 8yrs under Apga to get a national cake or he did so cause he was not longer of happy with apga party! Many questions to ask any way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Badgers14: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Backstabber..hypocrite angry angry sold Anambrarians to PDP after they supported him under APGA for 8 years. i thought they gave him DG of something grin grin wetin dey pursue am nah grin grin Umeh go disagrace am

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Congratulations in Advance..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by tino22(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
I will risk what it takes to vote Peter Obi for senate..that man gave anambra the lift face we are seeing today by placing obiano there to govern us..I can remember back then in secondary skul we got a desktop computer and he modernised our school not just our school, all the schools in onitsha to standard..infact Peter obi is good for president.

25 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Running For Senate by Ptoocool(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
Qmerit:
Who would Anambra central vote here?
Pdp which is their party Partially or Apga which is the state part? Formal Apga gov and Apga chairman.. did Obi decamped after being a gov for 8yrs under Apga to get a national cake or he did so cause he was not longer of happy with apga party! Many questions to ask any way.
what do u expect of a politician b4? Na d same tin dem be,,

make hin run well,, na hin knw wetin dey pursue am,,anofia

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Floors Atiku In Saraki, Kwara Governor’s Local Govts - Premium Times / APC Corrects Error On Bola Tinubu's Membership Slip / Senator Adeola Wins Ogun West Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.