Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' (4409 Views)

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread / NISSIAN INFINTY QX4 IS OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP / Toyota 4runner 2000 Vs Infiniti QX4 2002 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2013
Please, i need good advise, i guess i've got some problems with my Infinity QX4 02'. The gear does not select normally sometimes, but if i allow it steam/warm for a longtime in the morning it moves normally, short of that, it behaves as if it jumps of gear and after sometime it will jump into the next gear after getting the RMP too high. Please what kind be the problems my people?
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2013
Please, i need response
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by BTT(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2013
Well, same issue I had with my wifey's 97 model until we replaced the transmission box.

Uninteresting as it may sound, pls start saving btw 65 & 80k for a (tokunbo) replacement transmission. But you know, you may never be 2 sure until you have it scanned. For all the cares, it may be faulty electricals.

Infiniti QX4, such a great ride. Keep wondering why Nissan discontinued its production.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 4:33am On May 17, 2013
BTT: Well, same issue I had with my wifey's 97 model until we replaced the transmission box.

Uninteresting as it may sound, pls start saving btw 65 & 80k for a (tokunbo) replacement transmission. But you know, you may never be 2 sure until you have it scanned. For all the cares, it may be faulty electricals.

Infiniti QX4, such a great ride. Keep wondering why Nissan discontinued its production.

Thanks a lot BTT. But i've got my own private OBDII scanner and i can't get anything concerning the transmission as no indication on the dash, i mean the normal service engine soon stuff.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2013
Turn your ignition on without starting the car. Does the service engine soon light come on
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:37am On May 17, 2013
ib4babes: Please, i need good advise, i guess i've got some problems with my Infinity QX4 02'. The gear does not select normally sometimes, but if i allow it steam/warm for a longtime in the morning it moves normally, short of that, it behaves as if it jumps of gear and after sometime it will jump into the next gear after getting the RMP too high. Please what kind be the problems my people?

Try the simple solulation of changing the gearbox oil aka ATF automatic
Transimisson fluid/oil

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2013
There is nothing on the dash and like i said i have my own private OBDII that i use for my cars.
I change the ATF oil less than five months ago.
nissparts: Turn your ignition on without starting the car. Does the service engine soon light come on
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 2:35pm On May 17, 2013
Ib4, carry out the simple test I asked you to.
Confirm your SES light comes on with key to ignition ON without starting the car.
Symptoms you have described cannot occur without an error code except there's a mechanical anomaly like a temperature related issue, or trans shift cable problems for example.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 3:32pm On May 17, 2013
nissparts: Ib4, carry out the simple test I asked you to.
Confirm your SES light comes on with key to ignition ON without starting the car.
Symptoms you have described cannot occur without an error code except there's a mechanical anomaly like a temperature related issue, or trans shift cable problems for example.
Thanks nisspart, the SES light comes up normally and goes off as the engine runs. Please what can possibly be the mechanical problems, note the car runs normally most times it left steaming in the morning for a@leat 8mins b4 taking off. It comes dragging @ interval and not always. Please i really need help
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2013
Okay, this can only mean one thing if your SES light is fine. You'll be having transmission issues in the near future and may eventually need a re-build or replacement.
One remedy I have observed in my experience in similar cases is to change the ATF to a Type F fluid.
You will see a remarkable difference
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2013
nissparts: Okay, this can only mean one thing if your SES light is fine. You'll be having transmission issues in the near future and may eventually need a re-build or replacement.
One remedy I have observed in my experience in similar cases is to change the ATF to a Type F fluid.
You will see a remarkable difference
Are you in Lagos?
I stay in portharcourt, please whats this Type F fluid like and can one get it around? Rebiulding the transmission, can it really work, i mean can i get a good workshop for this?
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2013
Type F fluid is used my some car models like Ford.
The ATF will have Type F as one of its specifications.
I can only guarantee a rebuild here in Lagos as I am not familiar with any technicians in PH.
Try the fluid change first, Im sure you'll see some difference
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2013
If you dont find the fluid in PH you can let me know and I'll arrange for it from here if you want
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2013
please, i don't mind if this can really help me out. I really appreciate but let me just check around within this weekend then i'll get back to you. Meanwhile, is there anything like 'transmission brain box', a mechanic once told me that my transmission brain box is bad, this sounded strange to me. Thanks a lot.
nissparts: If you dont find the fluid in PH you can let me know and I'll arrange for it from here if you want
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 7:11pm On May 17, 2013
If i have an idea of how much this might cost and duration, i don't mind i can drive it down to Lagos for the rebuild.
nissparts: Type F fluid is used my some car models like Ford.
The ATF will have Type F as one of its specifications.
I can only guarantee a rebuild here in Lagos as I am not familiar with any technicians in PH.
Try the fluid change first, Im sure you'll see some difference
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2013
ib4babes: please, i don't mind if this can really help me out. I really appreciate but let me just check around within this weekend then i'll get back to you. Meanwhile, is there anything like 'transmission brain box', a mechanic once told me that my transmission brain box is bad, this sounded strange to me. Thanks a lot.

Forget the TCM. Thats not the cause of your issue.
Send me an email, I have to log out of here in a bit.
I'll have some steps for you to try as well this weekend which may solve your issue
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 7:35pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks a million times, can i have you email mind is okoib@yahoo.com, thanks
nissparts:

Forget the TCM. Thats not the cause of your issue.
Send me an email, I have to log out of here in a bit.
I'll have some steps for you to try as well this weekend which may solve your issue
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 17, 2013
ib4babes: There is nothing on the dash and like i said i have my own private OBDII that i use for my cars.
I change the ATF oil less than five months ago.
Op sorry about the not too good experience ur goin thru with ur infiniti QX4. U said u changed ur ATF oil some months ago, why did u change it, what type and specification/rating of ATF oil did u use in the replacement? U might need to flush out the ATF and get a nissan recommnded ATF for ur transmission and observe if there is a change. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks Lomonike, i flushed the ATF den after using the car for a yr n about 7 months and last month was 2 yrs since i started using the car, i noticed the oil was becoming too dark and the acceleration was dropping especially @ cold weather but when it gets heated up it pick up well n the gear shifting will be normal. After that it was performing normally. i used Holts ATF but i don't really know about the rating.
lomomike:
Op sorry about the not too good experience ur goin thru with ur infiniti QX4. U said u changed ur ATF oil some months ago, why did u change it, what type and specification/rating of ATF oil did u use in the replacement? U might need to flush out the ATF and get a nissan recommnded ATF for ur transmission and observe if there is a change. Thanks
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 8:18pm On May 17, 2013
Holts ATF?
Thats already problem 1.
The QX4 uses dextron III atf which Holts is not.
Let's start with the simple things first though.
nisspartsng@gmail.com
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 8:23pm On May 17, 2013
Waoohh you are getting me scared now, well i'll send you a mail right a way now
nissparts: Holts ATF?
Thats already problem 1.
nisspartsng@gmail.com
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 17, 2013
Thats already problem 1.
nisspartsng@gmail.com
Niss, how come you took it for granted that the OP could have used a wrong atf?
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by nissparts(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2013
I don't know o. Sometimes I just assume folks know the right thing
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by Nobody: 12:02am On May 18, 2013
Thats already problem 1.
nisspartsng@gmail.com
thanks nisspart 4 giving him one possible cause of his transmission's palava. @ op do u regularly check d transmission oil dipstick? If YES, are there dregs or particles mixed with the oil? If there are particles then I'm gonna get afraid. But drain d holt oil and get recommended dextron 111 ATF. Do u regularly go thru ur owners manual? I have a pdf format of QX4 manual if u want it lemme know. My guy abeg next time read the instruction and warning labels/booklets they are guide to help u bring the best in ur car. That QX4 na machine plus, d VQ35DE engine plus electronic controlled 4speed auto with overdrive na witchcraft. I use a QX4 2001 model.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2013
Thanks alot bros. I really agree that the ride is a machine @least for 2yrs now i've had no major problems with mine and is '02, VQ35DE too and for the dipstick the oil is clean and clear without particles. Honestly i do go through the manual ones in a while bt never took much care of the ATF, i really apreciate your ideas especially nisspart, i believe these will save me alot of stress and dou too. Thanks ones again and i hope to get back to you guys soonest with a good news.
lomomike: thanks nisspart 4 giving him one possible cause of his transmission's palava. @ op do u regularly check d transmission oil dipstick? If YES, are there dregs or particles mixed with the oil? If there are particles then I'm gonna get afraid. But drain d holt oil and get recommended dextron 111 ATF. Do u regularly go thru ur owners manual? I have a pdf format of QX4 manual if u want it lemme know. My guy abeg next time read the instruction and warning labels/booklets they are guide to help u bring the best in ur car. That QX4 na machine plus, d VQ35DE engine plus electronic controlled 4speed auto with overdrive na witchcraft. I use a QX4 2001 model.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by Nobody: 11:30am On May 18, 2013
ib4babes: the dipstick the oil is clean and clear without particles. Honestly i do go through the manual ones in a while bt never took much care of the ATF,.
since u said there isn't any visible particles in d ATF dipstick, just drain d Holt n replace it with nissan's recommended dextron III ATF and observe its behaviour. Thanks
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2013
thanks alot, i'll do just that first.
lomomike: since u said there isn't any visible particles in d ATF dipstick, just drain d Holt n replace it with nissan's recommended dextron III ATF and observe its behaviour. Thanks
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 18, 2013
ib4babes: thanks alot, i'll do just that first.
Good. It would even be better should you find Nissan Matic D ATF available to use. I'd also suggested you drain twice. Drive the car around for some ten minutes or thereabout after the first drain/refill. Then drain/refill again. This would enable large amounts of the wrong fluid to be evacuated from the system. To avoid under-fill or overfill refill with the same amounts originally drained. Good luck.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 11:12pm On May 29, 2013
Yeah! thanks to all that gave me suggestions towards my QX4 transmission wahala, i've flushed the oil with dexron III and there's been some inprovement though still having some problems especially when on D, the 1st gear but the ride performance is good again. I don't know if there's any other i should do.
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by donkene(m): 6:35am On May 30, 2013
whats the present situation of your car now
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by sultaan(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2013
Not sure ifit has a filter, but you can try change it at next service the filter in there might be the one from factory 12 yrs ago
Re: Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' by ib4babes(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2013
donkene: whats the present situation of your car now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valid Driver's License And Valid Vehicle Particulars (ABUJA Only) / Am Scared Of Driving / Vw Touareg!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.