Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Massob Members Protest In Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Members Protest In Onitsha (10204 Views)

One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / Police Arrest 68 MASSOB Members In Imo / Mystery Corpses On Ezu River Were MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 15, 2013
Hmmmmm. I wonder where they were when Biafra lost the war.

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy: Just incase these pple get in trouble, they should know they are on their own.

My brother,this is very irritating! Do they think Biafra will be achieved by hoisting Israli flag. With the way things are going,I don't see Nigeria breaking up. Uwazulike need to free these guys and advice them to go find something to do with their lives.
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:14pm On May 15, 2013
If I hear
Abi una wan join emergency state list? undecidedIf I hear
Abi una wan join emergency state list?
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by emmabest2000(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy: And the governor allowed these jobless entities to disrupt business activities in the state?

They dare not try it in enugu.
Enugu ke ? Nonentity
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by ebamma(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
Lolz
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by malc619(m): 1:22pm On May 15, 2013
Wetin we nor go hear from these people??

Do sensible people rehearse a "sit-at-home"...??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by confusion247(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy:

Which tiding? They better go and become useful to the state.
Useful to the state like being victims of boko haram bombings and boko haram members getting amnesty and money for killing them in hundreds?

2 Likes

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by confusion247(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2013
Land_of_M&H:
The President made a national broadcast tonight. One of the highlights of his message related to flag
s and rebellion.

In this action by MASSOB, bringing out the flag of a secessionist/rebel group in a public protest will not go unnoticed by Northerners who view the State of Emergency in their region as a one-sided attack on them. They now have a Southern rebel group to use to excuse the rebel flag bearers in the North, just as Kaita and Buhari statements have been recalled in the South to excuse Asari's aggression. It's getting hot!

Oh by the way, this is your boy from the Land of Milk and Honey....your one and only Negro_Nations. grin
And how many churches or mosque have they bombed so far?

2 Likes

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by confusion247(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

My brother,this is very irritating! Do they think Biafra will be achieved by hoisting Israli flag. With the way things are going,I don't see Nigeria breaking up. Uwazulike need to free these guys and advice them to go find something to do with their lives.
The people involved will be free any day you tell them what is better than freedom. There is nothing wrong from people seeking their freedom from an unholy marriage. I still prefer their peaceful demonstrations to boko haram bombings. You are free to remain in One Nigeria but allow them to have their freedom.

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by JuniorSali: 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
This is where APGA should step up there political game. help build NIGERIA
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by successcertain: 1:42pm On May 15, 2013
Biafra4tharmy: Commercial activities and vehicular movements were paralyzed for hours, Tuesday, in the commercial city of Onitsha, Anambra State following a peaceful demonstration by over 1000 members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Brafia, MASSOB, to rehearse their proposed June 8 sit-at-home order.

Apparently to ensure the success and active participation of all Igbo citizens at home and in diaspora during the exercise, the MASSOB members, led by their Onitsha Region 4 Administrator, Chief Arinze Igbani, stormed the commercial city at about noon to carry out the exercise which took place simultaneously in five major local government areas of Anambra State, including Idemili North, Idemili South, Onitsha North, Onitsha South and Ogbaru.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/onitsha-stands-still-as-massob-members-protest/

The brothers are waken up from their sleep, welcome back brothers. African liberated souls are ready to destroy all forms of neocoloniaslm . We will rebel till we devide and reclaim each of our culture from the imperialist and their thieving folk, for the goodness and the future of our children.

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2013
emma_best2000: Enugu ke ? Nonentity

Dey decieve yourself, they would have been arrested in enugu. I am from anambra and I will tell any igbo man that these people are touts and jobless. I will not be a part of biafra with these jobless touts.

They should find something meaningful to do. The army and police are recruiting, if they have so much energy to roam the streets they can join police or army.

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Oshiite: 1:43pm On May 15, 2013
Tolexander: Why not making the protest in Enugu?

Some people and laziness sha!
Just wake up anyday to declare a sit at home.

Tsunami distaster in far away Japan is enough to declare a sit at home like the kano bomb blast.

Only God knows the amount of sit at home declared in the 1st half of this year not minding the business paralysis for hours!

I know yesterday's state of emergency declaration is enough to declare a sit at home if they aren't checked!
how can they try it in enugu?they dare not,enugu is governed by a real man who is not given to too much talk but knows his job and the rule of law not some idiotic wimp.i love sully
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 15, 2013
Is better to protest peaceful than start throwing bombs around.... Biafra is still in the mind and heart of every igbo man and woman and one day we shall actualize it..

2 Likes

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by AnanseK(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2013
django1:

Please what are they protesting about?

Good question.
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by LandofMH: 1:52pm On May 15, 2013
noblezone: The idea, the very idea that someone will march on the streets with Biafran flag in the 2013 (43 years after the war to crush Biafra), simply tells me that it is a matter of time, Biafra will stand tall.

It does not matter the names you can cook up to call them. The Biafran consciousness is gaining momentum. It was not like this 30 year, 20 years or even 10 years ago.

Memoirs to Ojukwu:

Dear Sir,

The movement is still on.
The people are getting more and more bold to state it clearly that they are Biafrans and not Nigerians.
The flag is yet to fly in mast but it is still flying.

Emm, Sir, Nigeria is burning! Nigeria is burning down.
The Jiharists are burning Nigeria down but from the Northern pole.

The President has made the usual broadcast, declaring state of emergency in some states but we know that he is wasting his time.

The killings will continue! The Jihardists are working hard to kill for "Allah" and they hope to be killed in the process so that they could "enjoy paradise as promised to them by the Prophet".

The year 2015 promises to be grand, as the people of the Northern city want the power to control and rule Nigeria at all cost. They have promised us blood if we don't comply.

However, our neighbours (the water people) have replied them in no small terms that it will be blood for blood!

Please, inform Gideon Orkar that his people are waking up at last as they are have been fallen in their numbers to swords and guns of the invaders. They are seriously seeking a handshake with us even as they want to disengage permanently from their task masters.

I know you will want to know the position our neigbours from the western districts: well Sir, they are sitting on the fence for now. We are not sure of what they are thinking yet.

i will keep you posted.

In regard to the Westerners, I hope in his reply he will admonish you to read and interprete the bearings on your map correctly, in addition to arming yourself with a gps compass calibrated to TRUE NORTH.
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2013
gboss4sure: Is better to protest peaceful than start throwing bombs around.... Biafra is still in the mind and heart of every igbo man and woman and one day we shall actualize it..

By jobless touts running the streets with posters ?
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by ZUBY77(m): 2:04pm On May 15, 2013
Bigots! How did the Israeli flag become the talking point?
A group of people are having a peaceful demo and a flag is the point here. I dont remember them hoisting Israeli flag in any part of the Country as their national flag.
Are you people already scared of what will remain of your old Lagos when the Biafrans leave your lands?

Dont worry, we will still require your cocoa so that you will continue your free education
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by virus2010(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2013
REDs house: pls declare state of emergency in anambra for displaying another countrys flag in nigeria
calm down young man quitely witout bragin cos u ar makin mockrey of urslf
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy:

By jobless touts running the streets with posters ?
dear mr mekaboy, what they are doing is called: peaceful demonstration and it is allowed, or would you prefer if they go about killing innocent non-igbos to show they want freedom

I wonder why south-westerners hate south-easterners. You don't like them, you want them to leave your lands (lagos, etc) and yet when they make move to go and live on their own, you still cry fowl, doesn't that show hypocrisy

Why not accept the truth that you love Igbos and you really can't do without them and show them some true love

Honestly, any day south-westerners or northerners wake up and say they want to go and become their own country, I am certain Igbos would celebrate it and even give them aids to fasten their departure, but when igbo people make attempt to stay on their own, yorubas and hausas will start cursing them, and still you don't like them.

For instance, if I don't like you, I wouldn't want to live under the same roof with you, but hausas and yorubas clearly don't like Igbos but they still don't want igbos to go, why Crude oil Pls the crude oil is no longer in the hands of the Igbos....

You guys should either accept the Igbos, stop killing them at any slightest national disagreement or let them go and be on their own, is it too much to do pls

And to those shouting: they lost the war, pls go and read history well. Biafra may have lost the war because Britain and America and other super powers were in support of Nigeria because they saw that Biafra had the great capacity to become an industrialised nation with powerful technology and economy if it did survived, so there was a secret arrangement to ensure Biafra lost the war.

Only Israel supported Biafra. Russia wanted Ojukwu to sign a doc to warrant them mine our crude oil for decades in order to help Biafra win the war but Ojukwu refused because to him, it was enslavement of Biafrans and betrayal, and again, he saw victory, and of course Biafra almost won the war- they were close to Shagamu to take over Lagos the seat of government, so as to end the war fast...but, but...

And who said Biafra doesn't deserve some respect- a small region waged 2 year plus bloody war against the entire Nigerian nation with foreign power supports

Biafra single-handedly built their own armored tanks, rocket propelled bombs and missiles, local guns and other smart technologies that posed a big threat to the national forces and their foreign allies to the extent a BBC reporter came to Aba and shouted: Gracias!!!! Biafrans have built their own armored tank mounted by women!!! British people couldn't believe a black man could have such amazing sense.

Go to Awka and Nnewi and see pure technology. Pls let's let the sleeping dog lie...people should respect themselves even though I know that most people that shout and curse Biafra here are teenage boys who know nothing about war and life in general.

And again for your own exclusive info, OPC had been having their secret meetings here in Lagos....the other day, they almost smashed my car in their usual garagara after one of their usual meetings, and some of them were even shooting in the air, so why the noise that MASSOB had a peaceful demonstration

4 Likes

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2013
gboss4sure: Is better to protest peaceful than start throwing bombs around.... Biafra is still in the mind and heart of every igbo man and woman and one day we shall actualize it..

I support peaceful demonstration as well, and YES, the Land of the Rising Sun lives amongst us - in our hearts. However, I think the way they go about this is very poor. When you want to secede, at least in modern 2013, you need influence, power and resources. Chief Uwazurike is wasting this people's time, the dude has absolutely no clue on how leadership works.

I have been expecting Uwazurike to start plans on how to consolidate SE economy, SE cannot secede with poor infrastructures in place, you won't be taken seriously. Like someone rightly pointed out, until we start rejecting allocations, then we're not serious. Though I won't reject it, however, economic independence, local support + foreign influence will set us on that path. Protest will do nothing really other than raise meager awareness. Awareness is good but without strong backing is futile. More so, he's putting the cart in front of the horse, I better hope he knows what he's doing.

My point, protest is good but that is not what SE needs now. SE needs to be 200 % economic independent, seek support + initiative + alliance in local and international front (but you need resources to do that), and then, everything piece of the puzzle will fall into place.
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Iykopee(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2013
I discovered sometin very fascinating on NL. Just mention south east or south south secession and watchout for NL scum.bags trooping in their numbers to spew trash all over... It seems biafra or south south is their greatest nightmare. One day, beforehand,the egyptians we see 2day we shall see them no more.grin

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2013
manny4life:

I support peaceful demonstration as well, and YES, the Land of the Rising Sun lives amongst us - in our hearts. However, I think the way they go about this is very poor. When you want to secede, at least in modern 2013, you need influence, power and resources. Chief Uwazurike is wasting this people's time, the dude has absolutely no clue on how leadership works.

I have been expecting Uwazurike to start plans on how to consolidate SE economy, SE cannot secede with poor infrastructures in place, you won't be taken seriously. Like someone rightly pointed out, until we start rejecting allocations, then we're not serious. Though I won't reject it, however, economic independence, local support + foreign influence will set us on that path. Protest will do nothing really other than raise meager awareness. Awareness is good but without strong backing is futile. More so, he's putting the cart in front of the horse, I better hope he knows what he's doing.

My point, protest is good but that is not what SE needs now. SE needs to be 200 % economic independent, seek support + initiative + alliance in local and international front (but you need resources to do that), and then, everything piece of the puzzle will fall into place.

DALU!

1 Like

Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by OSTA(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy: And the governor allowed these jobless entities to disrupt business activities in the state?

They dare not try it in enugu.
i dnt knw wat to say to u bt jst taki it dat ur brain z shaking.i mean shakin very bad...infact ur tym to leav 042 is almost up...rubbishh
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2013
OSTA: i dnt knw wat to say to u bt jst taki it dat ur brain z shaking.i mean shakin very bad...infact ur tym to leav 042 is almost up...rubbishh

I am sure ur one of the jobless touts .
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Fathai(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2013
DailyNews: dear mr mekaboy, what they are doing is called: peaceful demonstration and it is allowed, or would you prefer if they go about killing innocent non-igbos to show they want freedom

I wonder why south-westerners hate south-easterners. You don't like them, you want them to leave your lands (lagos, etc) and yet when they make move to go and live on their own, you still cry fowl, doesn't that show hypocrisy

Why not accept the truth that you love Igbos and you really can't do without them and show them some true love

Honestly, any day south-westerners or northerners wake up and say they want to go and become their own country, I am certain Igbos would celebrate it and even give them aids to fasten their departure, but when igbo people make attempt to stay on their own, yorubas and hausas will start cursing them, and still you don't like them.

For instance, if I don't like you, I wouldn't want to live under the same roof with you, but hausas and yorubas clearly don't like Igbos but they still don't want igbos to go, why Crude oil Pls the crude oil is no longer in the hands of the Igbos....

You guys should either accept the Igbos, stop killing them at any slightest national disagreement or let them go and be on their own, is it too much to do pls

And to those shouting: they lost the war, pls go and read history well. Biafra may have lost the war because Britain and America and other super powers were in support of Nigeria because they saw that Biafra had the great capacity to become an industrialised nation with powerful technology and economy if it did survived, so there was a secret arrangement to ensure Biafra lost the war.

Only Israel supported Biafra. Russia wanted Ojukwu to sign a doc to warrant them mine our crude oil for decades in order to help Biafra win the war but Ojukwu refused because to him, it was enslavement of Biafrans and betrayal, and again, he saw victory, and of course Biafra almost won the war- they were close to Shagamu to take over Lagos the seat of government, so as to end the war fast...but, but...

And who said Biafra doesn't deserve some respect- a small region waged 2 year plus bloody war against the entire Nigerian nation with foreign power supports

Biafra single-handedly built their own armored tanks, rocket propelled bombs and missiles, local guns and other smart technologies that posed a big threat to the national forces and their foreign allies to the extent a BBC reporter came to Aba and shouted: Gracias!!!! Biafrans have built their own armored tank mounted by women!!! British people couldn't believe a black man could have such amazing sense.

Go to Awka and Nnewi and see pure technology. Pls let's let the sleeping dog lie...people should respect themselves even though I know that most people that shout and curse Biafra here are teenage boys who know nothing about war and life in general.

And again for your own exclusive info, OPC had been having their secret meetings here in Lagos....the other day, they almost smashed my car in their usual garagara after one of their usual meetings, and some of them were even shooting in the air, so why the noise that MASSOB had a peaceful demonstration
biafra will always come close...but they wil do notin...were u der when dey wer creating all wht u counted...countinue dreaming.
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by REVOLUTNIS: 4:13pm On May 15, 2013
This boys are bcoming more serious on their campaign for a new nation. God help them
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Ufeolorun(m): 4:16pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy: Just incase these pple get in trouble, they should know they are on their own.
Except Asari dokubo is invovled. You would have hailed it with the usual, laughable acronym SS/SE alliance.Amjavascript:void(0); trying to imagine your reaction if you had any of the oil-hugging loud-mouths present at the rally.
cheesy grin
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by Ufeolorun(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2013
The headline would have been SS/SE HAVE TAKEN THEIR ALLIANCE TO A NEW LEVEL;ASARI DOKUBO PROTESTS FOR BIAFRA. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Massob Members Protest In Onitsha by jmoore(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2013

Excluding me and many other Igbos. Biafra is a failed dream!!

MASSOB should go and find jobs for its men and burn this ambition of theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra State Government Begins Demolition Of Illegal Structures / Herdsmen Kill Five, Injure Others In Fresh Attack In Ondo Community / Ex-Deputy Speaker, Wase Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Abbas, Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.