Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,149 members, 7,863,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

"Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" (675 Views)

Why White Men Will Forever Be Ahead Of Black Men. / Boobs: Why Men Will Continue To Be Babies In The Hands Of Women! / What Most Women Want From Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" by Nobody: 4:20am On May 15, 2013
I get asked by women all the time “why men lie to women often”.

I can’t find a better way to explain this but rather I’ll use a scenario to explain.

Imagine this scenario;

You're on a first or second date with a man and it's going really well.

You're laughing, you're having a great conversation and you seem to have a lot in common. It's almost scary how similar your attitudes are about certain things.

You feel an intense "chemistry" between you. He's staring at you with that "look” that tells you he is very attracted to you. He even talks about places he'd like to take you to someday. You are almost positive that this is the beginning of something meaningful with this guy.

But a day or two goes by after the date, and you don't hear from him. A week went by, then two weeks. You send him a message, "Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?" But he doesn't respond. You never hear from him again.

You beat yourself up, analyzing everything you did and said on the dates to see if maybe you accidentally put him off.

Months later, you find out the truth from someone else. During the time he was dating you, he was also dating another woman, and was now getting more "serious" with her.

You feel confused, disappointed, and a bit annoyed that he didn't just tell you the TRUTH about what was going on.

The truth would have been okay, Right? Of course it would.

So why does he avoid telling you the truth about a situation?

The answer is simple:

A man will lie to you because he hates confrontation. He FEARS your emotional response. He fears your rejection of him. He fears that HE won't be able to "handle" your response. He's imagining that you're going to cry, scream, be disappointed, argue, or complain. He fears being put on the spot or "attacked."

Understand - I'm not saying you would do any of those things. I'm just telling you what that guy who maybe doesn't know you all that well yet - is thinking.

www.flaubertajiero.com
Re: "Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" by Nobody: 4:47am On May 15, 2013
Interesting read....but almost completely wrong..chalay
Re: "Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" by Nobody: 10:12am On May 15, 2013
NONSENSE!
men lie to women because A) most women dont like to hear the hard truth and rather people will sugarcoat shiit instead, B) because these men's "real life" is boring, so they invent some phoney lifestyle to entice easily fooled women who fantasize about such lifestyle and C) most people would do or say just about anything to get some cootie cat.
Re: "Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" by jennyching(f): 10:20am On May 15, 2013
Flaubert Ajiero: I get asked by women all the time “why men lie to women often”.

I can’t find a better way to explain this but rather I’ll use a scenario to explain.

Imagine this scenario;

You're on a first or second date with a man and it's going really well.

You're laughing, you're having a great conversation and you seem to have a lot in common. It's almost scary how similar your attitudes are about certain things.

You feel an intense "chemistry" between you. He's staring at you with that "look” that tells you he is very attracted to you. He even talks about places he'd like to take you to someday. You are almost positive that this is the beginning of something meaningful with this guy.

But a day or two goes by after the date, and you don't hear from him. A week went by, then two weeks. You send him a message, "Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you?" But he doesn't respond. You never hear from him again.

You beat yourself up, analyzing everything you did and said on the dates to see if maybe you accidentally put him off.

Months later, you find out the truth from someone else. During the time he was dating you, he was also dating another woman, and was now getting more "serious" with her.

You feel confused, disappointed, and a bit annoyed that he didn't just tell you the TRUTH about what was going on.

The truth would have been okay, Right? Of course it would.

So why does he avoid telling you the truth about a situation?

The answer is simple:

A man will lie to you because he hates confrontation. He FEARS your emotional response. He fears your rejection of him. He fears that HE won't be able to "handle" your response. He's imagining that you're going to cry, scream, be disappointed, argue, or complain. He fears being put on the spot or "attacked."

Understand - I'm not saying you would do any of those things. I'm just telling you what that guy who maybe doesn't know you all that well yet - is thinking.

www.flaubertajiero.com
Re: "Why Men Will Lie To Most Women" by jennyching(f): 10:28am On May 15, 2013
Sometimes in certain situation men lie or hide things to avoid confrontations. Just the look of discouragement and pain from women, they tend to just not to say anything at all. It only means that men are more sensitive deep inside. Specially when it comes to their close ones. Its the opposite of how women thinks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dated A Married Man: Not Sure Breaking It Off Was A Great Idea. / Nigerian Men Vs. African American Men / Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.