Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,985 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno (38601 Views)

Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2013
NOW I UNDERSTAND THE REASON WHY I SAW MORE THAN TWO THOUSAND SOLDIER PASSED US AT LOKOJA WHEN WE WAITED TO FIX SOME PROBLEM WITH OUR CAR 4 DAYS AGO WITH WEAPONS..... MAY GOD HELP THEM TO SUCCEED AND BRING PEACE TO OUR COUNTRY.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Rooneyboy(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2013
Prof Corruption: Ultimately, BH can't be defeated without good intelligence and even deploying 100,000 troops without required intelligence is zero. What we are dealing with sounds more of an intelligence war than a conventional one.

If I were the presido I would order the JTF to shoot @ sight any moving object.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Foodconsumer(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2013
Gboliwe: Go! Go! Go!
Lets tackle this together.
Lock up our borders, seal up everywhere lets purge this country.
What nonsense!
damn right bro, seal every phucking borders and exits,
ransack and comb every f#kin resident,

I'M A MUSLIM and i say give them H€LL !!!

Sponsored scumbags hidin under the guise of islam!

Peace y'allii !!

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Foodconsumer(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

includin civilians?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 11:53am On May 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

grin grin
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 11:53am On May 15, 2013
firetrap:
who told you such rifles are affordable and cheap. one of such cost close to 13k dollars for the standard version without any other accessories. please don't be quick to trash the weapons we use. the US still issues its soldiers with m16s and m14s and not every AK you see is an Ak 47. we have different variants of the AK in our inventory

the boy is a fantasist......
if our military is as advanced as the US army then our political, social and economic climate would be like the US as well. these things work proportionally. we are a developing country - anyone expecting our soldiers to be as advanced as the ones in developed countries must be high on amphetamines!

personally, i like the AK-47. the only firearm that does not jam!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2013
ebgbest: TIME TO ACT DECISIVELY

At last it looks like PresiDUNCE JoNOTHING is turning into PRAISEident JonACTION. A State of Emergency in BURNo and neighbouring States. He has now turned amNASTY into ARMYnesty. NO holds barred. Blast the BOKO Harassers back to the Stone Age together with all those harbouring them. Let us see whether the blabbing Northern MUZZLEims will keep trying to muzzle free speech and free action and keep blaming JTF for collateral damage, rather than blaming the bastards causing violent action to be taken. Let them keep blaming OGA AT THE TOP for what their Greedy EMIRS, SHEHUS, SULTANS, MADllams, SINators, RAPEresentatives and GoVAINors heaped on them with poor education and a twisted religious doctrine. Abi Dubai and Malaysia no get Islam? Mcheeew!

It will seem for once that senseless ranting from a senseless man makes sense ... Dokubo knows what he is saying when he says we in the South will accept no more Northern threats and determination to rule. If they dont want to be grateful for Niger Delta, Igbo and Youruba Oil and keep demanding it as of right and demanding to rule, as a right, then the answer must be NO and if they wish they can go create a separate country and find their own Oil. The Oil in the ground belongs to the Ethnic groups in which the Oil is found, and if we must share it as a Nation, then those that dont have must show some gratitude and grace - not hector and demand.

The CiroMADS, I Be Beasts, BOOharis and all those HOWLsa and Fulani MUZZLEims drunk on Southern Oil, and who threatened to make this country ungovernable, must be told in no certain terms that we are a Democracy not DEMONcrazy. No more ARMYtwisting for Northern Candidates and Military Coups. We will tolerate it NO LONGER. We will follow whoever we decide will bring progress whether Fashola (A Yoruba AGAIN? Who Cares), Okorocha, Oshiomole, Amaechi (PDP), Ribadu or even the self-serving El Rufai - whoever is good - let them come forward to rule in the NAME of our Nation - and our votes must decide.

It is high time Nigeria was pursued with the vision, energy and innovation of our Film and Music Industry, where we celebrate Genevieve, Omosexy, Tuface, P-Square, D'Banj, Wizkid, Bracket, Timaya, Duncan Mighty, Jeremy Gayang - without knowing their tribes or religion - young people making international waves for us; while a group of young, crazy, mad mullahs are messing our names internationally, and damaging our opportunities, with mass murder and mayhem in the name of the twisted ideologies of Arab Imperialism.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
SENSIBLE POST....
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 15, 2013
grafikii:
Nigeria has 60,000 troops, why deploy 2000.
its a pity that d most populous black nation wit ova 170m pple has only 62,000 troops.Whr a country like egypt,ethiopia,drc congo n angolo av about 350,000,200,000,150,000 and 101,000 troops respectively,n non of dis countries has a treble million pple like nigeria...But number of troops is not realy d case,sum of our equipment is poor n outdated,al d money govt av stolen 4rm dis country is enough to provide our military with quality armour n equipment,technology(n change wit stil remain)-do nigeria even av a SAS(special air service,like in the britian)...?Not to talk of well trained military personel...A country like 9ja wil neva risk 10m naira just to train 1 army man.....I watched 1 american military movie,1st of its kind to feature MEND in an international movie...Whr an arab militancy group leader told his gangs that d britain govt spent about 60b pounds to train just 2 army men they wanted to attack.He said dose two guys are not humans but MACHINES...Imagine.Look at the risk,60b pounds to train just 2 army personel,even if it was a movie i stil beleive country like us or britian can spend dat amount on soldiers....God help nigeria.Any way i wish dem success,bring down bh 4 us.Bless
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 12:04pm On May 15, 2013
Prof Corruption: Ultimately, BH can't be defeated without good intelligence and even deploying 100,000 troops without required intelligence is zero. What we are dealing with sounds more of an intelligence war than a conventional one.

[b]I agree with what you have said as it is the ultimate truth.Without advanced intelligence gathering techniques in place ,our boys will just be shooting innocent people at will and will even fall into ambush on the regular.It may however be too late for them to get good intelligence at this stage as this should have been done at least a few months before this SOE.

The DSS or DMI should have planted moles inside Boko Haram sect at least a year ago who would have been giving them info on what BK planns to do next.I however doubt that this has happened as over the past 3 years Boko haram has carried out numerous attacks successfully and caught the security forces napping.

The Nigeria factor always messes things up in the end.Our Military and security services needs a shake up at the top. Competent and well knowledgable men like me should be hired to restore some discipline to these sectors. Our Military is anything but competent ,we should be glad that we have never faced a formidable force otherwise we will realize how indiscipline,lack of foresight,lack of of commitment and planning has weakened our armed forces.Did we not get our asses kicked in Bakassi by Cameroon's army?[/b]
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

the boy is a fantasist......
if our military is as advanced as the US army then our political, social and economic climate would be like the US as well. these things work proportionally. we are a developing country - anyone expecting our soldiers to be as advanced as the ones in developed countries must be high on amphetamines!

personally, i like the AK-47. the only firearm that does not jam!

Oga my comment was made as a rely to what someone posted. I will never bash the Nigerian armed forces cos I support them 100%
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by collins011(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2013
liberty300: About 2,000 security operatives and military hardware, including fighter jets have been deployed to Maiduguri ahead of yesterday’s declaration of State of Emergency.
In neighboring Yobe State, it is not clear how many soldiers were deployed but residents said shortly after the declaration of state of emergency, stop and search operations have been intensified in the state capital while movement have been restricted in other places.
Residents said the deployment of the federal troops, including the army, navy, air force and operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) began at the weekend.
“We started sensing danger on Saturday when we saw military trucks conveying soldiers to the Joint Task Force (JTF) headquarters along Pompomari area,” Usman Jika, a resident of Maiduguri said.
“By Sunday morning, so many roadblocks have sprung up in the state capital and there was noticeable cordon and search of houses by new faces (soldiers),” he said.
A resident of Kumshe, one of the red spots in Maiduguri said his neighbour was beaten to pulp on Sunday when soldiers besieged the areas and forced all the people out of their houses.
“All the soldiers that came to the neighborhood appeared new in the town, some of them said it is now time for ‘fire for fire” he said.
Another resident said he saw military aircrafts landing at the Maiduguri International Airport and the air strip at the Air Force base in the state capital.
“A lot of fighting equipment have been deployed to Maiduguri,” Hajja Maimuna, a resident of Gomari, whose house is close to the Air Force base said.
“We are really terrified because the military operatives coming to Maiduguri in the last two days far outnumbered those that came during the previous emergency rule,” she said.
“Even though the state governor has not been removed, which is good, the truth is that Maiduguri is now a garrison town, full of angry soldiers who are ready to kill at the slightest provocation. The deployment will definitely hamper social and economic life of the people,” she said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/54578-2-000-soldiers-fighter-jets-deployed-to-borno

Heavy military hardware including firefighter jets deployed. Please i want to ask, when will nigerian army will stop using this 19th century gun. this was the same type of gun Adolph Hitler used during the world war. Honestly i doubt the level of sophistication those military hardware equipment can handle, ofcourse who said there is no outdated firefighter jet. Pls tell the government to face out those guns pls
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Uziehot(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2013

wen u talk of intelligence,d sss wil partner wit d nigerian army intelligent corp 2 gather info.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:
actually, 70% desert makes their job easier.....
there are no caves or rocks like afghanistan. you forget the troops would be aided with air support. boko haram should have been extinguished long before they developed wings. now that jonathan has shown some cojones, expect this war to finish by august!

naija troops have the intelligence. they know the enclaves and the clans responsible for this. it's the bureaucracy at the top level that has prevented an all out war since. the hindrance is gone now, just watch!

I like your optimism... However, 70% desert is what makes the job more difficult bordering impossible. Desert warfare is the most difficult especially when it has to with counter-insurgency.. Even the best military strategists in the world would tell you that. Heck, NATO had to cut a deal with the Tuareg fighters supporting Gaddafi in southern Libya to avoid desert confrontation.

What air support? You mean those obsolete alpha jets than even small manipads would shoot down with ease? The 3 states combined is like 140 times the size of Lagos and I doubt the whole 75,000 men and women of the Nigerian armed forces can bring peace to that place without good intelligence gathering. And that's something they have already shown that they're clueless about.

If GEJ is serious about ending BH - he needs to come out clean and tell us who the sponsors are!

Anyway, I'll be back here in August to remind you about your assertion. grin

it would take approximately 2 weeks for the nigerian army to crush boko haram in borno state. this is the nigerian army we are talking about. their pedigree in peace keeping all over war-torn african states are legendary. speak to a liberian or someone from sierra leone about our army - the nigerian army is the best in africa on land!

The rebels in Sierra Leone stopped fighting after Foday Sankoh was arrested. Even with Sierra Leone - the intelligence gathering of the British and Indian Special Forces helped a lot. And that's one area where Nigeria is deficient.

Everything will always go back to the head of the snake.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ckkris: 12:20pm On May 15, 2013
maclatunji: The military have to be strategic and effective. I hope the country's borders are well marshalled to curb insurgents crossing the borders.
Mac the Jihadist weighs in.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

I agree with what you have said as it is the ultimate truth.Without advanced intelligence gathering techniques in place ,our boys will just be shooting innocent people at will and will even fall into ambush on the regular.It may however be too late for them to get good intelligence at this stage as this should have been done at least a few months before this SOE.

The DSS or DMI should have planted moles inside Boko Haram sect at least a year ago who would have been giving them info on what BK planns to do next.I however doubt that this has happened as over the past 3 years Boko haram has carried out numerous attacks successfully and caught the security forces napping.

The Nigeria factor always messes things up in the end.Our Military and security services needs a shake up at the top. Competent and well knowledgable men like me should be hired to restore some discipline to these sectors. Our Military is anything but competent ,we should be glad that we have never faced a formidable force otherwise we will realize how indiscipline,lack of foresight,lack of of commitment and planning has weakened our armed forces.Did we not get our asses kicked in Bakassi by Cameroon's army?

1.Infiltration should have been the right tool. With that you get valuable info on operational capability, training camps, leadership structure and level of sophistication of gadgets, sponsors etc

2.You need religious leaders to be campaigning against BH interpretation of Quoran! In other words, a counter narrative should be mounted by prominent and respected sheiks and Islamic scholars in the North. It's not sufficient to have mere condemnation after each attack or commiserate with victims, effective counter narrative through National Orientation Agency must be mounted with jingles here and there.

3.You need special forces that can act on actionable intelligence, go there, take out the bad guys when needed.

In other words, we need a strategy not a fire brigade approach to a serious and complex insurgency that BH is waging against Nigerian state.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 12:21pm On May 15, 2013
collins011:

Heavy military hardware including firefighter jets deployed. Please i want to ask, when will nigerian army will stop using this 19th century gun. this was the same type of gun Adolph Hitler used during the world war. Honestly i doubt the level of sophistication those military hardware equipment can handle, ofcourse who said there is no outdated firefighter jet. Pls tell the government to face out those guns pls

the Nigerian army has modern heavy weapons that were purchased in the last 10 years so please do not say what you do not know. these comments are the effects of watching to many movies and international news station like CNN and BBC who make it their agenda to always show Nigeria in has light at the behest of their pay masters. Nigeria is a very secretive nation when it comes to her military acquisition. just you wait and see the pictures of the type of equipment that would be deployed into those theatres of conflict then you'll know if they're modern or not
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ismail012(m): 12:22pm On May 15, 2013
coogar: finally, jonathan found his tësticles!

very good move albeit belated. this should have been done in 2009. mr jonathan, you don't need 2000 soldiers in borno. do a deal with obama, let him bring 100 drones and this war would be over within 2 weeks.

kill them all!!!!!
You are not even ashamed of your self
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 12:24pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:
Oga my comment was made as a reply to what someone posted. I will never bash the Nigerian armed forces cos I support them 100%

i know - i am saying yeboyes is a fantasist!

shymexx:
I like your optimism... However, 70% desert is what makes the job more difficult bordering impossible. Desert warfare is the most difficult especially when it has to with counter-insurgency.. Even the best military strategists in the world would tell you that. Heck, NATO had to cut a deal with the Tuareg fighters supporting Gaddafi in southern Libya to avoid desert confrontation.

NATO forces? abeg, OAU students with ammo would kick NATO's arsës. their rules of engagement is retardëd. this is why america rarely win their wars. "don't shoot until you are shot at" - you expect the nigerian army to follow such nonsense? how do you win a war against such rules of engagement against ghost enemies?

What air support? You mean those obsolete alpha jets than even small manipads would shoot down with ease? The 3 states combined is like 140 times the size of Lagos and I doubt the whole 75,000 men and women of the Nigerian armed forces can bring peace to that place without good intelligence gathering. And that's something they have already shown that they're clueless about.

and you were told the nigerian forces going there don't have good intelligence? you woke up from the comfort of your flat and just presumed the troops are going to borno without clues? come on - get real!

If GEJ is serious about ending BH - he needs to come out clean and tell us who the sponsors are!
Anyway, I'll be back here in August to remind you about your assertion. grin

he doesn't need to ask who the sponsors are? when the foot soldiers are captured and tortured, they would confess who the sponsors are. it's obvious they have the backing of some powerful individuals.

The rebels in Sierra Leone stopped fighting after Foday Sankoh was arrested. Even with Sierra Leone - the intelligence gathering of the British and Indian Special Forces helped a lot. And that's one area where Nigeria is deficient.
Everything will always go back to the head of the snake.

hahahaha - shymexx and his tunnel vision!
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by FoxyVista(m): 12:24pm On May 15, 2013
grin grin grin

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 12:25pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: its a pity that d most populous black nation wit ova 170m pple has only 62,000 troops.Whr a country like egypt,ethiopia,drc congo n angolo av about 350,000,200,000,150,000 and 101,000 troops respectively,n non of dis countries has a treble million pple like nigeria...But number of troops is not realy d case,sum of our equipment is poor n outdated,al d money govt av stolen 4rm dis country is enough to provide our military with quality armour n equipment,technology(n change wit stil remain)-do nigeria even av a SAS(special air service,like in the britian)...?Not to talk of well trained military personel...A country like 9ja wil neva risk 10m naira just to train 1 army man.....I watched 1 american military movie,1st of its kind to feature MEND in an international movie...Whr an arab militancy group leader told his gangs that d britain govt spent about 60b pounds to train just 2 army men they wanted to attack.He said dose two guys are not humans but MACHINES...Imagine.Look at the risk,60b pounds to train just 2 army personel,even if it was a movie i stil beleive country like us or britian can spend dat amount on soldiers....God help nigeria.Any way i wish dem success,bring down bh 4 us.Bless

[b]Your information is flawed ,i am of the misunderstanding that Nigeria has over 98,000 active troops.Secondly it is not the number of troops you have that really matters but the fire power you have.A small island country with just 10 F-22 Raptors will defeat Nigeria in less than a day.That is the bitter truth.We don't have the fire power at the moment to fight serious wars.

Our Army tanks are old ,Our navy ships are ancient ,our fighter jets are flying coffins ,what more can i say.Nigeria is regarded as being more powerful than Algeria who is to our our North but as a man who is involved in the world of military arms ,i know for a bonafide fact that Algeria will give Nigeria a tough time in a head to head war.

Not only does algeria have over mordern 1000s tanks but they also have 4th generation fight jets like the Su 27 and su 35 fulcrum.Their Navy has over 12 destroyer vessels that are faster and more deadlier than Nigeria's ancient NSS flag ship.They also have over 260 attack helicopters and their soldier are trained in jijustu.To make matters worse they also have submarine which could come into our waters and shell our cities with missiles.[/b]

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Algeria

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=nigeria
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by ismail012(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2013
dayo23: Killed them all, no mercy even if it requires erasing the whole of borno state no wahala, all those mosques,islamic schools should all be flush out! Killed them all! Enough is enough! Fire 4 fire.
Have you ever ask ur self why there is a mosque even in VATICAN city but there is no a single Church in d whole ARABIA?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 15, 2013
Capnd143: wrong, nigeria has slightly less than 130,000(army alone ,to be increased to 150,000 ) acording to cheif of army staff! You can google that to confirm!

And the 2000 soldiers are deployed along side Mopol,SSS,NIA and Police! Plus troops already on ground
are u sure?Cos the last time i googled it,in 2012 it was 62,000 i saw.If its realy upto 130,000 by now it wil b great....
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 15, 2013
Rooneyboy:

hahahahahaha RODFLMFAO.Include al d insect to,they can spread deadly virus.Lol.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by chunbarca(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2013
They've not seeing anything yet, this is just the sign to show the so called BH that the country is ready for war....
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by unyimecc(f): 12:36pm On May 15, 2013
Oh my God am loving this, person wey say him mama ₪☺ go sleep y him too go sleep.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: are u sure?Cos the last time i googled it,in 2012 it was 62,000 i saw.If its realy upto 130,000 by now it wil b great....

we have above 150k troops. but for the sake of national security its pegged at 130k. even china does not give information concerning the total number of her active troops
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by FoxyVista(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2013
angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by vizboy(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2013
Kill them all bH BOYS we have had enough of their madness.

We kept quiet for a long time even with all the killings but now it payback time.

But wait oh. Has anyone seen eko ilee or eko atlantic
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:
NATO forces? abeg, OAU students with ammo would kick NATO's arsës. their rules of engagement is retardëd. this is why america rarely win their wars. "don't shoot until you are shot at" - you expect the nigerian army to follow such nonsense? how do you win a war against such rules of engagement against ghost enemies?

This is just laughable bordering ridiculous. Who told you the American doctrine is "don't shoot until you are shot at?" Perhaps, you're oblivious to what happened in Fallujah. grin NATO don't two Fs about rules of engagement - they shoot and bomb everything moving or stationery. They will bomb you back to the stone age with napalms and white phosporous just for not liking your darn face - that's how brutal they're.

and you were told the nigerian forces going there don't have good intelligence? you woke up from the comfort of your flat and just presumed the troops are going to borno without clues? come on - get real!

They have got good intelligence, yet BH controls 27 out of the 28 LGAs area in Bornu, no? Also, how come their good intelligence hasn't stopped their barracks from being bombed and attacked by BH? And the good intelligence also allowed BH to go from being a rag-tag group with sticks and stones - to the sophisticated version with IEDs, no?

If that's what the standard for good intelligence is in the Nigeria army, then they might as well stop wasting tax payers money to fund that crap, to be honest.

he doesn't need to ask who the sponsors are? when the foot soldiers are captured and tortured, they would confess who the sponsors are. it's obvious they have the backing of some powerful individuals.

However, they have captured tons of their alleged foot soldiers(including one Kabiru Sokoto and Al qaqa) yet BH has continued to grow by leaps and bounds.. So, who's fooling who?

He knows who the sponsors are and he needs to stop wasting everyone's time. Arrest the mofos and blow their brains out - se fini!!

hahahaha - shymexx and his tunnel vision!

So, did the Nigerian army win the Sierra Leone civil war by itself? The tides turned when the British and Indian special forces got there... The Nigerian army only won the battle for Freetown - the rest of the war was won by a combination of many countries and the locals.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]Your information is flawed ,i am of the misunderstanding that Nigeria has over 98,000 active troops.Secondly it is not the number of troops you have that really matters but the fire power you have.A small island country with just 10 F-22 Raptors will defeat Nigeria in less than a day.That is the bitter truth.We don't have the fire power at the moment to fight serious wars.

Our Army tanks are old ,Our navy ships are ancient ,our fighter jets are flying coffins ,what more can i say.Nigeria is regarded as being more powerful than Algeria who is to our our North but as a man who is involved in the world of military arms ,i know for a bonafide fact that Algeria will give Nigeria a tough time in a head to head war.

Not only does algeria have over mordern 1000s tanks but they also have 4th generation fight jets like the Su 27 and su 35 fulcrum.Their Navy has over 12 destroyer vessels that are faster and more deadlier than Nigeria's ancient NSS flag ship.They also have over 260 attack helicopters and their soldier are trained in jijustu.To make matters worse they also have submarine which could come into our waters and shell our cities with missiles.[/b]

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Algeria

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=nigeria

yesman or whatever you call yourself, I believe that your a matured adult with pubic hairs. please stop comparing the Nigerian military structure with that of other nations. our so called ancient navy flagship which was hitherto listed as inoperable and grounded on Wikipedia showed up during the centenary celebration in Brazil and won an award even in the presence of aircraft carriers. Battles are won not by the amount of equipment a nation has but by how they are used

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by AtheistD(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2013
KnowAll: Where there are plenty troops, business opportunities follow suits. I think it is high time some of u un-employed Nigerians relocate to Maiduguri and make some money. Pepper-Soup joints and beer parlours are business opportunities that follows in tadem with troops deployment, so would be the asewo buisiness too. cool

And risk being killed by a suicide bomber? People should be going in the opposite direction.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 15, 2013
KnowAll: Where there are plenty troops, business opportunities follow suits. I think it is high time some of u un-employed Nigerians relocate to Maiduguri and make some money. Pepper-Soup joints and beer parlours are business opportunities that follows in tadem with troops deployment, so would be the asewo buisiness too. cool

Which ashawo business
Soldier go pay?
I Pity the Young women in those towns
Solders are first class rap.ists

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bokoharam Kidnaps Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister's Wife / Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Witches Association Backs Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War -vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.