Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu (2709 Views)

Bayelsa Oil Belong To Jigawa- Farouk Aliyu / Buhari Ministerial Nominee, Farouk Aliyu Threatened War If GEJ Won Reelection / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by chichi234(f): 9:29am On May 15, 2013
The face-off between the North and Niger Delta campaigners for Jonathan’s re_election in 2015, deepened yesterday with a former member of the House of Representatives, Farouk Adamu Aliyu, boasting that the north would remove the President through their enormous voting strength and not through the barrels of the gun.

There has been a wide gulf between ex-militants and northern groups over the re_election of President Jonathan in 2015 although he has not yet declared interest in the said election, claiming to be engrossed in the development of the country for now.

While the former fighters have threatened to make the country ungovernable if Jonathan is not returned in 2015, the north has stated that they will not support him for jettisoning the zoning arrangement, which would have retained power in the region after he might have served out the remaining term of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Addressing a news conference in Abuja, Aliyu, a former minority leader in the House of Representatives, expressed regret that Jonathan had allowed his kinsmen to insult and intimidate the rest of Nigerians because of his re_election bid.

Describing himself as one of those who fought for Jonathan’s Presidency with the Save Nigeria Group, the Jigawa State politician wondered where the likes Asari Dokubo and his cohorts were when opposition mounted against the President’s inauguration as acting president.

In the conference text entitled, “Ungrateful President and his people”, Aliyu chronicled the different selfish actions and utterances by Jonathan since taking over the mantle of Nigeria’s leadership to show that he was more interested in the welfare of the Ijaw than other Nigerians.

Angered by the actions of the President, the northern politician pointed out that unlike in 2011 when the people of the area rejected their own and voted massively for Jonathan, they would reject him at the poll in 2015 to teach him a lesson that a Nigerian leader should not be sectional or tribalistic in the administration of the nation.

“We in the north will take over from Jonathan through the ballot box and not through the barrels of the gun as some elements threatened recently. By the grace of God, we shall take over from him,” Aliyu boasted.

“We call on President Jonathan to dissociate himself from those who are beating the drums of war and to call them to order so as not to truncate the democratic governance in Nigeria, which all Nigerians fought for.

“We know that it is only the President of a country that can boast that nobody can arrest him and nothing happens. But now, some people are threatening the law enforcement agencies and the National Assembly to dare arrest them and see what they will do without the President saying anything.

“As at today, we are all Nigerians and the President has the responsibility to treat us as Nigerians. But we are worried that he has kept mute over those planning genocide, hatred and destruction of lives and property because of their selfish interest.

Reminded that Chief Edwin Clark had corrected the impression created by Dokubo’s statement that there would be war if Jonathan loses in 2015, Aliyu flayed up, describing the Ijaw leader as one of the problems of Nigeria.

According to him, Clark has not done as much as he has been doing to bring about peace and unity in Nigeria.

Turning to the threat by militants that they would stop their oil resources from flowing to all parts of Nigeria in the event that Jonathan loses out in 2015, Aliyu stated that the oil resources of Nigeria belonged to all Nigerians and not an exclusive preserve of the Ijaw or any ethnic group.

He said, “We in the north believe that the oil in Bayelsa or Delta belong to us in Jigawa or any other state in the north. We shall therefore do anything humanly possible to defend that our oil in Bayelsa or anywhere else in this country.

“As long as we remain as Nigerians, we shall stake claim to the oil resources just as other Nigerians are benefitting from the mineral resources found in Jigawa or Sokoto State.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by badmrkt(m): 10:11am On May 15, 2013
“We in the north believe that the oil in Bayelsa or Delta belong to us in Jigawa or any other state in the north. We shall therefore do anything humanly possible to defend that our oil in Bayelsa or anywhere else in this country.

“As long as we remain as Nigerians, we shall stake claim to the oil resources just as other Nigerians are benefitting from the mineral resources found in Jigawa or Sokoto State.[/b][/quote]hahaha, geez! Wake up man it's 2013 already and not 19....we up south south are even more prepared for war than any zone.we've declared war already in your zone via SOE.as for the oil thing, forget it man there is nothing any almajiri dropout can do about it.It's ours man.
God bless Niger Delta
God bless South South

2 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Nobody: 10:45am On May 15, 2013
I see dead people

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Evestar200(f): 10:47am On May 15, 2013
Let them try it na,,let them come and take south-south oil,,weda they knw go knw difference between oil nd water

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by lacasa: 11:27am On May 15, 2013
i luv my northern brothers in such cases grin

Where was asari wen the opposition were against the Retardeen's bid angry

#.. Farouk u get mouth jare!! grin

2 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Nobody: 11:28am On May 15, 2013
I see blood, blood, blood everywhere.
Pls my fellow Biafrans,let us return home to Biafra.The center is about to be torn apart.

3 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by pomporiking: 12:00pm On May 15, 2013
Niger delta dey dull..imagine Hausa man dey talk our oil

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by gramci: 12:12pm On May 15, 2013
lacasa: i luv my northern brothers in such cases grin

They failed before they will still fail again, if you doubt me ask ciroma and his gang
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by mikoyo200(m): 12:14pm On May 15, 2013
Things fall apart

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by DICKtator: 12:29pm On May 15, 2013
Is Niger Delta Oil an oil company in the North?
Have they discovered oil in commercial quantity in the North?
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by DerideGull(m): 12:30pm On May 15, 2013
I never thought one day I had to agree with a northerner.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2013
What sort of rubbish is this? I think Gej should start making preparation for a UN monitored referendum. nIGEria MUST be divided.

2 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by AtheistD(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2013
So what if GEJ does not win a second term?

It is possible, he has not done enough to feel that a second term is guaranteed. 2015 is still a very close call.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by truth4meal(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2013
Their is something about Nigeria and precedence - something mutual about the two nouns. Dokubo and co lay precedence to the fact that Buhari and Atiku once threatened to make the country ungovernable if GEJ emerges and dat nothing happened to them. Now the president has declared a state of emergency in 3 northern states - if by 2015 a northern wins and militants down south decide to tranga - gbam! Your guess is as good as mine. Nigeria and everything therein belongs to Nigeria including the oil.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by DerideGull(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2013
Trut: This Facrook of a guy is funny. The Aboki is claiming what does not belong to them.

The crude oil in Nigeria is commonwealth.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by slimghost(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2013
DerideGull:

Sure it is as long as the money gotten from it is distributed equally. care to explain why the North controls 85% of the oil blocks?
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 15, 2013
DerideGull:

I thought we practised Federalism. Nigeria can only exist as a country if we practiced Federalism. Nigeria's foundation was on the premise of federalism and that is what can restore peace. That was the agreement between the founding fathers.

I believe states and regions should control 60% of their resources and send only 40% to the Federal government. It will force each region to become hard working and not depend on Oil money. You can imagine this man who has done nothing to develop his own state laying claim to Niger Delta Oil. Just sad.

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by ckkris: 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
lacasa: i luv my northern brothers in such cases grin

Opposition against Pres Jonathan was from Hausa-Fulani cabal, supported by Minister of Injustice Michael Aaondoaka. Only Mrs Akunyili presented a memo to question them. The rest is history. . .

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by ptolomes: 1:37pm On May 15, 2013
sometime i wounder the kind of policy that our dear courty practices, that one will openly make statements like this and one will not see them as drums of war, the oil blocks are owned by northners so the issue of wether they belong to the niger delta does not even arise, but we hope to God that our brothers down south will open their intelect and understand the game better, so we can play dirty with these caliphates!
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 15, 2013
chichi234:
He said, “We in the north believe that the oil in Bayelsa or Delta belong to us in Jigawa or any other state in the north. We shall therefore do anything humanly possible to defend that our oil in Bayelsa or anywhere else in this country.

“As long as we remain as Nigerians, we shall stake claim to the oil resources just as other Nigerians are benefitting from the mineral resources found in Jigawa or Sokoto State.

Sai Nigeria is all ruse..it's all about the oil and access to sea.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by pleep(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2013
This is unbearable... split this damn country

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by raphead: 3:22pm On May 15, 2013
the way the Northerners and the niger deltans are threatening themselves.I think it is high time we let the two of them show their powers and stop mouthing and giving the rest of the country unnecessary apprehension.

3 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by auwal87(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2013
Nashville:

I thought we practised Federalism. Nigeria can only exist as a country if we practiced Federalism. Nigeria's foundation was on the premise of federalism and that is what can restore peace. That was the agreement between the founding fathers.

I believe states and regions should country 60% of their resources and send only 40% to the Federal government. It will force each region to become hard working and not depend on Oil money. You can imagine this man who has done nothing to develop his own state laying claim to Niger Delta Oil. Just sad.

I actually think 25% should go to the Federal Government while the remaining 75% to the state/region. This is fair. After all, the Federal institutions are bunch of useless buildings full of useless people doing useless things.

I am actually supporting the scrapping of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Les: 4:08pm On May 15, 2013
raphead: the way the Northerners and the niger deltans are threatening themselves.I think it is high time we let the two of them show their powers and stop mouthing and giving the rest of the country unnecessary apprehension.
I love this, if they wanna fight, they are free..... Just that Biafra will be kind and forgiven enough not to fight against them as they did to them in the past........... It's a pity they are seeing wat 2dead men saw decades ago.......

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Afam4evaIsASlut: 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
Can Nigerians just be smart for once and vote Buhari so he can lock up all these corrupt self serving so-called Politicians?

1 Like

Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by Reptyle(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2013
slimghost:

Sure it is as long as the money gotten from it is distributed equally. care to explain why the North controls 85% of the oil blocks?

85% of Nigeria's oil is not controlled by the North! 100% of Nigerian oil is controlled by the federal government of Nigeria with a man from the South as the current helmsman! States in the South-South or oil-producing States as they are called, get the lion share of resources derived by the federal government from the sale of Nigerian oil!

Bayelsa State gets one of the highest share of these funds from "our oyel" and is still one of the least developed States in Nigeria. Would you blame the Northerners for that too?
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by mekaboy(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut: Can Nigerians just be smart for once and vote Buhari so he can lock up all these corrupt self serving so-called Politicians?

He has to lock himself up first and explain to nigerians how he spent the ptf funds behind bars.
Re: 2015:Nigerdelta Oil Belong To The North, We Will fight for it -- Farouk Aliyu by mekaboy(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2013
Reptyle:

85% of Nigeria's oil is not controlled by the North! 100% of Nigerian oil is controlled by the federal government of Nigeria with a man from the South as the current helmsman! States in the South-South or oil-producing States as they are called, get the lion share of resources derived by the federal government from the sale of Nigerian oil!

Bayelsa State gets one of the highest share of these funds from "our oyel" and is still one of the least developed States in Nigeria. Would you blame the Northerners for that too?

Who owns the oil blocks?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al-mustapha Arrives Kano / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Crime Rate In 2014 / Papa Oritsejafor: The Spoilt Child Of A Religious Nation.by Imoh David.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.