Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? (1511 Views)

Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 2:22pm On May 15, 2013
I don't mean to insult anybody's religion or choice of God, but I have often wondered why the biblical God is so fascinated with blood sacrifices and sex,

If you read some accounts of the old testament you would think that the God yahweh, was a "juju" cos of his insistence on animal sacrifices, he even instructs the levites on how to kill the animals and where to sprinkle their blood and how to do all sorts of barbaric ritual rites, the animals used for these sacrifices ranged from the innocent dove to the mighty bull,

the biblical God is painted as a bloodthirsty angry God, who loves killing, he kills for very absurd reasons, in the old testament he could kill your child for laughing at a bald headed man or he could even kill you for trying to prevent the ark of covenant from falling, but the biblical God's fascination with blood, entered the next level when he had to kill his own son to satisfy his blood lust, anytime I think of the biblical God's blood lust, it sends shivers down my spine, there are numerous scriptures in the "holy" bible that buttress my point, but I wouldn't want to go into that,

And the biblical God has this hatred for sex, he wants masturbators to be killed, he hates uncircumsized men, he was happy when david went to kill over two hundred philistines so that he could bring their foreskins to saul as bride price, (very disgusting), and numerous other examples of his fascination with sex, if he hates sex so much, why didn't he create an alternative form of procreation for mankind, there are lots of things to be said but I rest my case for now,
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2013
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 15, 2013
ALL SYMBOLISM MY FRIEND. ALL SYMBOLISM
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: ALL SYMBOLISM MY FRIEND. ALL SYMBOLISM
would u care to elaborate pls,
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:55am On May 16, 2013
What you got there does not seem to be theological. They are culturally for the jew. Not your problem bro.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 2:50am On May 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE: What you got there does not seem to be theological. They are culturally for the jew. Not your problem bro.
Seconded.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by okeyxyz(m): 3:22am On May 16, 2013
The OP is the typical green snake under the green grass. He comes with venom under the guise of peace. Why don't ypu make your intentions clear from the beginning. Nobody is going to kill you for attacking christianity(@logicboy & co does it with his every life breath and they are still alive..), rather than coming with pretense of political correctness and false peace-flags like:

bolaino:
[size=13pt]I don't mean to insult anybody's religion or choice of God[/size], but I have often wondered why the biblical God is so fascinated with blood sacrifices and sex,...

mtchewww!!!
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 8:06am On May 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE: What you got there does not seem to be theological. They are culturally for the jew. Not your problem bro.
yeah, I agree these things are jewish culture, but the modern day christians believe that they are the new covenant jews, and as such these issues also concern them and inadvertently concern those of us who still have christian family and friends, and this blood lust can be seen in the prayers of christians, they are always pleading the blood of jesus on everything, ranging from pleading the blood on their food to pleading the blood on their cars or clothes,

this blood lust is something that should be checkmated before it gets to the next level.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2013
okeyxyz: The OP is the typical green snake under the green grass. He comes with venom under the guise of peace. Why don't ypu make your intentions clear from the beginning. Nobody is going to kill you for attacking christianity(@logicboy & co does it with his every life breath and they are still alive..), rather than coming with pretense of political correctness and false peace-flags like:

mtchewww!!!
this ploy u are using is an old one, you're trying to kill the reputation of the messenger so that the message would not be regarded as true, but still, you would agree wit me that what I'm saying is true.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by enilove(m): 8:19am On May 16, 2013
bolaino: yeah, I agree these things are jewish culture, but the modern day christians believe that they are the new covenant jews, and as such these issues also concern them and inadvertently concern those of us who still have christian family and friends, and this blood lust can be seen in the prayers of christians, they are always pleading the blood of jesus on everything, ranging from pleading the blood on their food to pleading the blood on their cars or clothes,

this blood lust is something that should be checkmated before it gets to the next level.

Don't you realise that life is in the blood?

The blood of Jesus is life unto every christian.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2013
enilove:

I know that blood is the life force of humans and most animals, but when u guys talk about blood and flesh all the time, it likens u to the people u guys claim are worshiping idols,

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2013
bolaino: yeah, I agree these things are jewish culture, but the modern day christians believe that they are the new covenant jews, and as such these issues also concern them and inadvertently concern those of us who still have christian family and friends, and this blood lust can be seen in the prayers of christians, they are always pleading the blood of jesus on everything, ranging from pleading the blood on their food to pleading the blood on their cars or clothes,

Bro, christians in Africa are slaves. They are lost in this same world. Leave them to suck their imaginary saviour's blood. It will be better we discuss something tangible than this.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2013
[quote author=enilove]

And the bible didn't say that blood carries oxygen.

How many litres of blood does a grown man has? You people have been drinking blood of Jesus more than a thousand years, how many litres are left?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by ninja4life(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2013
[quote author=FOLYKAZE][/quote]
lol cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy kai roflmao well dont u know dat d blood of jesus is flowing infinitely so u also need it.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Bro, christians in Africa are slaves. They are lost in this same world. Leave them to suck their imaginary saviour's blood. It will be better we discuss something tangible than this.
aye aye mate, you're right.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 16, 2013
ninja4life:
lol cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy kai roflmao well dont u know dat d blood of jesus is flowing infinitely so u also need it.

Yeah, it flows infinitely just like his flesh. That's why holy communion is agege bread and zobo with a secret ingredient - "faith"...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by amanda2013(f): 10:34am On May 16, 2013
mtchweeeeee

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 11:08am On May 16, 2013
amanda2013: mtchweeeeee
mtchweeeee, to u too,
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 11:28am On May 16, 2013
bolaino: would u care to elaborate pls,
BLOOD MEANS TO OVERTAKE. LIKE SAY IF I AM A RIGHTEOUS MAN AND I PLOT A COUP AND TAKE OVER A TOWN, AND YET ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE TOWN ARE WICKED AND HEDONISTIC. MY FIRST CALL OF DUTY WILL TO BE KILL EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? MEANS I NEED TO BEHEAD EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? IT MEANS TO TAKE OVER THEIR WAY OF THINKING AND KILL IT AND TURN THEM OVER TO MY RIGHTEOUS WAY OF THINKING. KILL THEIR OLD SELF. SPRINKLE THE BLOOD OF MY WAY OF THINKING ON THEM.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 16, 2013
obadiah777: BLOOD MEANS TO OVERTAKE. LIKE SAY IF I AM A RIGHTEOUS MAN AND I PLOT A COUP AND TAKE OVER A TOWN, AND YET ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE TOWN ARE WICKED AND HEDONISTIC. MY FIRST CALL OF DUTY WILL TO BE KILL EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? MEANS I NEED TO BEHEAD EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? IT MEANS TO TAKE OVER THEIR WAY OF THINKING AND KILL IT AND TURN THEM OVER TO MY RIGHTEOUS WAY OF THINKING. KILL THEIR OLD SELF. SPRINKLE THE BLOOD OF MY WAY OF THINKING ON THEM.
that's genocide bro! Why did the world stood against hitler or hutus against killing tutsis? He is god and he created the so called "unrighteous ones" and since he can do all thing he could have magically turn them and make them righteous instead of killing of them. Besides of all those killed by the loving god cannot all be unrighteous.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Mudley313: 1:27pm On May 16, 2013
Bible god is one heck of a character

[img]http://i1.kwejk.pl/site_media/obrazki/2012/08/f03e4e3a2cb32a1aae41cf01cf39f16b.jpg[/img]

Remember...god works in mysterious ways

1 Like

Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Rossikk(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2013
Rap.e of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again The bible 'God' approves of forcible rap.e.

Rap.e and the Spoils of War (Judges 5:30 NAB)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

'God' Assists Rap.e and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

OBVIOUSLY THE BIBLE 'GOD' [size=15pt]IS NOT[/size] GOD, but rather, a manufactured impostor, or perhaps a Jewish tribal deity elevated to a position ('God') which he does not merit.

No reasonably intelligent person should accept that the Creator of life in this universe actively encouraged abduction, rap.e and murder of women at ANY point in human history.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2013
obadiah777: BLOOD MEANS TO OVERTAKE. LIKE SAY IF I AM A RIGHTEOUS MAN AND I PLOT A COUP AND TAKE OVER A TOWN, AND YET ALL THE INHABITANTS OF THE TOWN ARE WICKED AND HEDONISTIC. MY FIRST CALL OF DUTY WILL TO BE KILL EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? MEANS I NEED TO BEHEAD EVERYONE IN THE TOWN. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ? IT MEANS TO TAKE OVER THEIR WAY OF THINKING AND KILL IT AND TURN THEM OVER TO MY RIGHTEOUS WAY OF THINKING. KILL THEIR OLD SELF. SPRINKLE THE BLOOD OF MY WAY OF THINKING ON THEM.
mann, that sounds disgusting mann, that's pure evil.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2013
Rossikk: Rap.e of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again The bible 'God' approves of forcible rap.e.

Rap.e and the Spoils of War (Judges 5:30 NAB)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

'God' Assists Rap.e and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
seriously maNn, the bible's one scary book, it's not something somebody in his/her right mind should read before sleeping, especially the old testament, the bible has more kills than most action movies and books combined. Why would someone call that book holy,
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by kambo(m): 4:37am On May 17, 2013
y does d christian God interest u atheists sooooooooooo much?
U ask to mock not to learn.
All d explanation u get will do u no gud except u bcom born again.
Islam,hindu,eck etc gets no attention it seems atheism is not really a rejection of dieties but a rejection , with future intent to discredit, the God of d Bible.
U shd b askg y i need Jesus-Jesus is linked wt those animal sacrifces in d OT wch u cnt understand.
Besides isnt it apparent tht ths verse is true? "ever learng but never able to come to the knowledge of d truth".
Cuz so many atheists here read d bible of a God,they dnt blve in- y go to all the trouble? Beats me - yet u bunch still cant "get" it! ? So u come here wth tonnes of questions and blinders on 4 som poster to enlighten u (or entertain u)
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by bolaino(m): 8:31am On May 17, 2013
kambo: y does d christian God interest u atheists sooooooooooo much?
U ask to mock not to learn.
All d explanation u get will do u no gud except u bcom born again.
Islam,hindu,eck etc gets no attention it seems atheism is not really a rejection of dieties but a rejection , with future intent to discredit, the God of d Bible.
U shd b askg y i need Jesus-Jesus is linked wt those animal sacrifces in d OT wch u cnt understand.
Besides isnt it apparent tht ths verse is true? "ever learng but never able to come to the knowledge of d truth".
Cuz so many atheists here read d bible of a God,they dnt blve in- y go to all the trouble? Beats me - yet u bunch still cant "get" it! ? So u come here wth tonnes of questions and blinders on 4 som poster to enlighten u (or entertain u)
the funny thing is (I'm sure most atheists did the same) when I was gradually delving into freethinking I studied the bible ernestly and with an open mind, I was really hoping to see something intelligent about the biblical God,

but as I delved into reading more scriptures I found the opposite about the biblical God, he is the opposite of intelligence, and I even found more wisdom in the ifa deity than in the jewish God,
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by AtheistD(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2013

These pentecostal Christians have taken ribena from the red and solidly into the black. I bet it sells better than coke now.
Re: What Is The Biblical's God Fascination With Blood And Sex? by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 17, 2013
The bible was horribly translated to begin with by socalled puritans.

In order to control ppl via missionary work, they did what they could to eradicate paganistic and old ways by scaring the masses into believing that certain views about sex, gender, and roles were wrong and sinful.

Our ancestors were not ashamed of their sexuality and most had multiple partners...but with the emergence of middle eastern religions, mixed with puritan european values things changed.

Thats why the bible is full of contradictions. It tells the story about pagans but from the perspective of so called puritans (imperialistic cultists) grin.

What a mess!

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy For August - Prophet Olaye George / Christianity Not A Religion But A Lifestyle: Your Opinion / BERNIMORE, Truthislight ,canticles, Loveroftruth, BIBLESPEAKS Re The Same Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.