Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

GEJ Divides Newly Formed Opposition Party A.P.C.....Me I dey Laugh!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Divides Newly Formed Opposition Party A.P.C.....Me I dey Laugh!!! (2135 Views)

Dino Malaye: “Na Laugh We Go Dey Laugh Enemies Take Note” / President Goodluck Jonathan I Dey Laugh O / Obasanjo Comments About Atiku; 'I Dey Laugh' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: GEJ Divides Newly Formed Opposition Party A.P.C.....Me I dey Laugh!!! by talktimi(m): 1:05pm On May 16, 2013
bloggernaija:

Is that an opinion or a clear case of misrepresenting the facts?more intelligent people actually read the declaration of the state of emergency as a knee jerk reaction of a president who want to be seen as tough , hand-on and doing something ,considering the sheer amount of bad news coming out of nigeria. From the killing of police officers in nassarawa and bayelsa to the continuous mayhem in borno ,yobe etc. It is obvious to any casual observer that there has been a power vacuum and dereliction of duty by the commander in chief.also include ,an almost total institutional collapse.
The only thing keeping the southwest and southeast peaceful are traditional institutions , not the federal or state institutions.
Have you seen the police stations ,army barracks,police vehicles etc in these areas? Have you seen the equipment they have to fight with?have you heard of anything being done for the people of those communities?you would have expected to see blast walls and sand bag protecting federal and state institution ,armoured personnel carriers as a means of transportation .
However I am very sure that northern elites actually encouraged the president to declare the SOE. The terrorists were already decimating their power base . In public, they will disagree , in private,they will support.IT IS CALLED PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY.
What would I do?
1 intelligence and surveillance - spies,analysts,database etc
2rapid response swat units
3flexible and highly mobile special forces who can remain in the field for weeks on end
4proper equipment for the security forces
5protection and security for moderate imams
6counter propaganda by giving voices to moderate imam ,victims of boko haram
7setting up a radio station/tv station for 6 above.
8 arrest/confiscation of violent sermons in cd/cassette format made by violent militant imams and which are openly distributed in the north.
9 identification of boko haram's command structure.
10wanted dead or alive poster,bill boards etc of the core boko haram command structure.
11nothing beats this,Good governance

nice points although there are some grey areas there where I could raise argument but I was actually emphasizing on the part where mr osunoriginal insults the people of the SE, I mean such black hatred of another persons tribe shouldn't exist in this century talk less of coming from an adult.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo State Oil Producing? / Israel's 11 Main Myths About Gaza, Hamas And War Crimes / Crisis In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.