Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

David Beckham Retires From Football - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / David Beckham Retires From Football (10729 Views)

Paul Scholes Retires From Football / John Terry Retires From International Football / Fabrice Muamba Retires From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On May 16, 2013
Good Riddance...In my mind, he retired when he left Real Madrid. This guy just loves publicity. To think that he's one of the worst footballers ever.

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 16, 2013
Who be 38yrs? Beckam that started playing football and i used to hear abt him and watch him playing on television when i was just 6. Twenty one yrs later now and he is 38? How many yrs was he that time?
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by chucky234(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2013
Beck doing his thing,well done Beck.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Desdola(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2013
That's nice. Love players who retire when d ovation is still high. We miss ur free kicks becky. What a glorious end.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by timecop28: 6:31pm On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Good Riddance...In my mind, he retired when he left Real Madrid. This guy just loves publicity. To think that he's one of the worst footballers ever.
Yeaa in ur mind..Kindly pass the mic sire.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 16, 2013
maxwello.yg:
lampard is next to announce his retirement....hahaha..chelsh1t fans, nor die woooh
hey dude, Lampard is still 34. Got about 3 to 4 years more to play

1 Like

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 16, 2013
young-dude:

Lampard will retire in 2015.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by AbuMikey(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2013
Was expecting this! Good for him tho
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 16, 2013
[quote
author=Afam4eva]Good Riddance...In my mind, he retired when he left
Real Madrid. This guy just loves publicity. To think that he's one of
the worst footballers ever.
[/quote]

hahaha..he loves publicity, something Toto Decayy loves so much as well..haha
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 16, 2013
maxwello.yg:

son? isn't he old enough to be your father?

grin grin
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by timecop28: 6:53pm On May 16, 2013
maxwello.yg:
lampard is next to announce his retirement....hahaha..chelsh1t fans, nor die woooh
FYI, Lampard just signed a year contract extension this morning. So he isn't considering retiring any time soon i guess.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 16, 2013
young-dude:

every player has the right to retire at whatever age and for whatever excuse.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 16, 2013
timecop28:
FYI, Lampard just signed a year contract extension this morning. So he isn't considering retiring any time soon i guess.

i won't buy that story until i see a source, i am not gullible like most Nigerians.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by shadrach77: 7:00pm On May 16, 2013
RedBenson: Who be 38yrs? Beckam that started playing football and i used to hear abt him and watch him playing on television when i was just 6. Twenty one yrs later now and he is 38? How many yrs was he that time?

Simple maths show that you are 27 now. He was 17 when you started to hear his name. It all adds up smiley smiley smiley
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 16, 2013
maxwello.yg:

i won't buy that story until i see a source, i am not gullible like most Nigerians.

Its on the BBC Sport website.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by matoyeh(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2013
CFCfan: What a great servant he was, to the English. I wish him well in his future endeavours.
which futur again? He wan become God
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by hamsky: 7:04pm On May 16, 2013
I guess he's been waiting for his Oga at the top (Fergie) to retire before following suit.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
matoyeh: which future again? He wan become God

He has several endorsement deals, and he could venture into the business world.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
CFCfan:

Its on the BBC Sport website.

iHope you are right.....
#dashes off to check it out#
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by tefund(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
dammybravo: BREAKING NEWS: It's just been announced by the english Football Association that former England captain David Beckham has announced his retirement from football.
David Beckham won 6 Premier Leagues 2 FA Cups 1 La Liga 1 Champions League 1 Ligue....
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05/16/13/david-beckham-announces-retirement
bend it like beckam
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 16, 2013
matoyeh: which futur again? He wan become God

retiring from football does not necessarily mean he does not have further personal goals to achieve.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 16, 2013
CFCfan:

He has several endorsement deals, and he could venture into the business world.

badooo.....'could'? David Bechkam is already in the business world.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Good Riddance...In my mind, he retired when he left Real Madrid. This guy just loves publicity. To think that he's one of the worst footballers ever.

I, who usually like your posts, think you are waaaay off the mark here...Beckham loving publicity? Beckham a bad footballer...I seriously could slap you for this, in my book, worst comment ever to come from you...yes you Afam

Publicity finds him, not the other way round..he has come second/third on the FIFA world best more than once...during Ronaldinho's era, so no easy feat....other than that, his deadly crosses/passes and beautiful free kicks have ensured he would always be remembered in football as a very good (great) footballer

He, with my best ever, Gerrard made me start watching and loving football in '99

I think I will bear a grudge cos of this comment, and will not like your posts for a loong time!!!
HOW DARE YOU

From, a totally outraged lady!

4 Likes

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 16, 2013
OMG, someone liked Afam4ever"s post!!!!?
Doubly outraged
shocked angry
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Evestar200(f): 7:41pm On May 16, 2013
Wow!! My legend has retired,,,i love beckham,,,,he is one of my best footballer after ronaldo,,,i fink Victoria told him to retire so dat they can continue their shopping
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by timecop28: 7:42pm On May 16, 2013
milychocs:

I, who usually like your posts, think you are waaaay off the mark here...Beckham loving publicity? Beckham a bad footballer...I seriously could slap you for this, in my book, worst comment ever to come from you...yes you Afam

Publicity finds him, not the other way round..he has come second/third on the FIFA world best more than once...during Ronaldinho's era, so no easy feat....other than that, his deadly crosses/passes and beautiful free kicks have ensured he would always be remembered in football as a very good (great) footballer

He, with my best ever, Gerrard made me start watching and loving football in '99

I think I will bear a grudge cos of this comment, and will not like your posts for a loong time!!!
HOW DARE YOU

From, a totally outraged lady!

grin *Beckam's GF

1 Like

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by okolichibuzor(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2013
he is a hero. And he must be a hero. Happy retirement to one of england's hero.
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Iaz93: 7:46pm On May 16, 2013
RedBenson: Who be 38yrs? Beckam that started playing football and i used to hear abt him and watch him playing on television when i was just 6. Twenty one yrs later now and he is 38? How many yrs was he that time?
LMAOO!!!
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 16, 2013
[quote
author=Evestar200]Wow!! My legend has retired,,,i love beckham,,,,he is
one of my best footballer after ronaldo,,,i fink Victoria told him to
retire so dat they can continue their shopping[/quote]

hehehe
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by AlyricistLaura: 7:49pm On May 16, 2013
Old Man Becks...tru legend.

Fashion Game was always on point..as well as his sublime crosses and free kicks.

Legend with the Ladies as Well.....

If I were a betting man. Which I am....I would bet old man Becks scored with more women than Crissy or Messi put together.

Classy Footballer. Enjoy your retirement mate.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Iaz93: 7:50pm On May 16, 2013
Bend it like Beckham! I soo love this guy. I thought he was going to play in the world cup next year. #sad#
Giggs, J. Zanetti, Quaresma, Carragher next!
Re: David Beckham Retires From Football by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 16, 2013
cheesy
timecop28:

grin *Beckam's GF

cheesy, no, just a football lover

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Wigan Athletic (1 - 2) On April 16 2012 / Manchester United Vs Sheffield United (4 - 2) On 24th April 2024 / Liverpool Vs Ludogorets : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.