Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality (478 Views)

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality by EMMABC1(m): 11:10pm On May 16, 2013
I have keenly followed ACN and her programs, aspirations and press releases. It has always been all about sweeping PDP out of Aso rock without convincing issues- based and people- oriented manifestos or programs to concretely back their aspiration. They have always talked about GEJ and PDP all day and nothing else. Their allies CPC and ANPP have also joined in this frenzy. Just recently, ACN through its leadership condemned d declaration of state of emergency in some states without proffering any alternative solutions to the crisis. It rather was concerned about how d declaration will jeopardize its political aspiration. One then begins to doubt if ACN and her allies are the cure to Nigerian headache. Definitely No for me. ACN is nothing but a small party with a small mentality. U can prove me wrong on this. Ur comments are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality by madamoringo(f): 12:44am On May 17, 2013
Wasted life! What has apga or any ibo party achieved since time immemorial? Funny how ibos keep running around like headless chickens over ACN. All una life na follow follow! LWKMD!
Re: Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality by Xfactoria: 3:06am On May 17, 2013
EMMA BC: I have keenly followed ACN and her programs, aspirations and press releases. It has always been all about sweeping PDP out of Aso rock without convincing issues- based and people- oriented manifestos or programs to concretely back their aspiration. They have always talked about GEJ and PDP all day and nothing else. Their allies CPC and ANPP have also joined in this frenzy. Just recently, ACN through its leadership condemned d declaration of state of emergency in some states without proffering any alternative solutions to the crisis. It rather was concerned about how d declaration will jeopardize its political aspiration. One then begins to doubt if ACN and her allies are the cure to Nigerian headache. Definitely No for me. ACN is nothing but a small party with a small mentality. U can prove me wrong on this. Ur comments are welcome.

Great points!

To me they are a bigger devil than PDP. Many people think otherwise for the following reasons:

1. Our appraisal of governance in Nigeria has been militiarized such that we focus our attention on the Presidency and the government at the center just as we did on the Head of State who has the power of life and death in a military regime. Just take a look at who the people blame for the poor state of things in the country - the Presidency! Whereas we have other tiers of government who are allowed to free-ride and are under-reported principally because the press who shape people's opinion lazily skewed their reports. So since PDP is the party at the center they carry the larger blame.

2. ACN has control of the press so they get their issues under-reported. For example, the ACN was at the center of massive rigging in the recently conducted LG polls in Edo State. Only a section of the media reported it and those who did, didn't make a big deal of it. Another example is the ACN's loss of LG Chairmanship position to PDP in Obalende area of Lagos. Tinubu allegedly asked that the ACN candidate be announced as the winner. PDP got judgment at the tribunal which took almost 6 months after the election to set up but ACN failed to implement the judgment of the tribunal because it filed an appeal. It was glaring to everyone that ACN lost the election but since the LCDA houses Tinubu's ward in Burdillon, he is doing everything possible to subvert justice. Again, only a section of the media reported it. There has been many allegations against ACN on land deals in Lagos but no newspaper is covering it.

3. Another reason is that ACN is so small as you mentioned and their ills, in terms of numbers, are not as much as that of PDP which covers as much as 25 states.

4. ACN is yet to manage multi-ethnic interests like PDP
Re: Acn Is A Small Party With A Small Mentality by EMMABC1(m): 6:46am On May 17, 2013
madam_oringo: Wasted life! What has apga or any ibo party achieved since time immemorial? Funny how ibos keep running around like headless chickens over ACN. All una life na follow follow! LWKMD!
U are one of the reasons I said ur party is a small one with a small mentality. Re- read ur statement and see how ridiculous and small-minded u are.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nigerian Senate To Debate State Of Emergency In Secret / PDP Crisis Deepens As Party’s National Working Committee Suspends Gov Amaechi / Okorocha: I Didn’t Borrow N100bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.