Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency (7990 Views)

FLASHBACK 2007: You Stabbed Me In The Back, Buhari Accuses ANPP Leaders / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by apala911: 1:07pm On May 17, 2013
ANPP Opposes ACN, CPC; Declares Support For State Of Emergency

The opposition party said the president acted rightly.
Two days after President Goodluck Jonathan declared a State of Emergency in two of its three states, the All Nigeria Peoples Party has declared support for the declaration.
The party’s position was made known by its National Chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday.
Mr. Onu said his party and its governors will support the Federal Government to bring peace to Borno and Yobe, currently under emergency rule.
President Goodluck Jonathan declared a State of Emergency in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa on Tuesday evening to curb the violence and insurgency in the area. Of the three states, only Adamawa is controlled by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, with the other two controlled by the ANPP.
The ANPP’s reactions contrasts sharply with that of its other two allies, the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC; with the other two outrightly condemning the declaration. The three parties, alongside a faction of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, are currently concluding their merger to form the All Progressives Congress.
“We have been working very hard as a party and our governors are mature. They will continue to work hard for peace. That has been the position of our party,” Mr. Onu said. “But we believe that with the declaration of the state of emergency, the rights of the citizens must be respected because we are in democracy,’’ M. Onu said.
He lauded President Goodluck Jonathan for ensuring that the political leadership of the affected states was not taken away from the governors.
“The insecurity was not caused by the governors and they were elected by the people; so the emergency should not and I am happy it has not affected them,” he said. “They have been putting in their best and we know that they will continue to do so until we have peace.”
The ACN, probably sensing the view of one of its allies warned on Thursday that retaining the political leadership during such emergency declaration was inconsequential.
“Truly, leaving the Governors and the state legislatures in place has made it easier for Nigerians to accept the imposition. But the truth is that the state chief executives and the legislatures have no role to play under the new system in place in the states,” the party added,” the ACN spokesman, Lai Mohammed, said.
Premium Times had made repeated efforts to reach the spokesperson of the ANPP on Wednesday and Thursday on the party’s reaction.
“We’re not speaking now,” Emma Eneukwu, the party spokesperson had said.
With the statement of the party’s chairman, it appears the ANPP’s initial silence was not want to antagonize its allies, the ACN and CPC, who would then appear to be crying more than the bereaved.
Mr. Onu expressed optimism that the issue of insecurity in the country would soon be resolved, saying, “Whatever has a beginning must have an end.’’
Climate change
Earlier at a public lecture, organised by the Nigerian Academy of Sciences, Mr. Onu urged government at all levels to embrace research to address the challenges posed by climate change.
Mr. Onu, who chaired the lecture, warned that climate change would have adverse effects on food security.
“Before now Nigeria was self-sufficient in food production but now the country is the largest importer of rice and other commodities, this is not acceptable,’’ he said.
The ANPP Chairman said that “government must continue to carry out research to see how climate change has impacted on us as well as the necessary measures needed to ameliorate its effects on our economy.
“Everybody, not just the government, even the private sector must emphasis research.
“Research is very important because without it, we would not know what will happen,’’ he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134702-anpp-opposes-acn-cpc-declares-support-for-state-of-emergency.html

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 17, 2013
only acn dey do like goat grin carry go jare jtf kill them bombaclat arab wanabes for us to live in peace like u people did at odi

yippee am the first to comment for the first time. Wow it feels good

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by babseg(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2013
Money is talking
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afrocatalyst: 2:05pm On May 17, 2013
Now this is weird.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by donbuchi1(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2013
ACN, CPC you are alone on this. I am yet to hear from APC Chief - Buhari.

Like he is confused

7 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by pboiskinpy(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2013
nna,make i talk true...dat tin too long abeqqq bt since its abt d 'kolo haram' boys...KILL THEM ALL is all i have to say...........long live Nigeria,long life IGBO,long live Enugu state!!!
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by ninja4life(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2013
Now lets see wat those pdp bigots and ethnical idiots will say now since dey support anybody who supports jonathan's action even if in d opposition
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by samuel900(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2013
Good to hear
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by vizboy(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2013
don buchi: ACN, CPC you are alone on this. I am yet to here from APC Chief - Buhari.

Like he is confused
he is thinking of a way to score cheap point that why he has been silent
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Symphony007: 2:12pm On May 17, 2013
Which party won't support the state of emergency after the shambolic statement by the ACN..they just prove how utterly myopic and amatuer they are. The would'nt even be able to govern a farm..can u imagine! Terrorist are raising flags on your territory and you're saying it's unemployment that's causing it!! They better start walking back this embarrasment.

10 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by mike404(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2013
Its official, ACN+ CPC= APC are the real sponsors of boko boys.. The picture is getting clearer cheesy O MA SE O

2 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Enkaynwa(f): 2:13pm On May 17, 2013
U dont have a choice
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 17, 2013
As the popular proverb goes, the morning indicates how the rest of the day would turn out. If, so early in the morning, the so-called "mega party" is already divided against itself and dancing discordant steps to discordant tunes, it remains to be seen whether it would survive until 2015, let alone contest the elections as one party.

6 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by GoodSamaritan: 2:16pm On May 17, 2013
don buchi: ACN, CPC you are alone on this. I am yet to here from APC Chief - Buhari.

Like he is confused

@Don Buchi, honestly you must be a prophet. How you take know say Buhari and Tinubu are confused? I thought as much.

I'll be disappointed if they don't say anything stupid as usual. Let's see if they'll talk before night falls

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by 6direct: 2:19pm On May 17, 2013
ANPP are daft to support the rubbish refurblished State of emergency
Gosh!!! where do you put your sanity?
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by sparkwil(m): 2:21pm On May 17, 2013
I think ANPP is a party to trust. I've always felt any party that can make nig's two biggest ethnic rivals look in the same direction will be one to trust. With this we can see wt it means to be sensibly critical of a govt.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Libkid(m): 2:21pm On May 17, 2013
I love dis party.no sentiment wen it cums to saying d truth
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 17, 2013

Like he is confused

confused ke? Persin wer don reach saudi. Abi u neva hear say gej declare MoE 4 he nd him boys?
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Annie2gud(f): 2:23pm On May 17, 2013
When did they wake up from their coma?anpp,cpc and Apc?.some moments ago Apc kicked against the State of emergency.they hav suddenly turned around.is it that the Heat is really on them.maybe there is fire on their ass*s.dummies.Mr asiwaju Tinubu over to you.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afammic(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2013
i like board step of ANPP by decrealing there stand on the security issues, not like ACN and CPC that always opposing and causing havork on every security make by Mr. Presido.. Cudos to ANPP. Am i the 3rd to comment? Is like i am. Azonto dance.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by sparkwil(m): 2:29pm On May 17, 2013
Afammic: i like board step of ANPP by decrealing there on the security issues, not like ACN and CPC that always opposing and causing havork on every security make by Mr. Presido.. Cudos to ANPP. Am i the 3rd to comment? Is like i am. Azonto dance.
too many kids on nairalandsad

5 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by curtain: 2:31pm On May 17, 2013
I have always known this ANPP of maintaining their integrity despite being drag into the mud of political hypocrisy in the name of opposition,they had sacked buhari from Anpp b4 because of his insincerity nd self aggrandisement for the interest of 'WE'(ANPP) as against 'ME'(buhari), am afraid that Okupe may be soon made a political prophet by APC.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 17, 2013

Like he is confused

BUHARI-phobia.....@ d mention of BUHARI, every pdp dogs shall shiver.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 17, 2013
i heard some head of jonathan govt visit nairaland.....guys could this be true
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afammic(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2013
spark@wil:
Guy u better park well oooo[b]
spark@wil:
Guy u better park well oooo[/b]
spark@wil:
Guy u better park well oooo
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by oloriooko(m): 2:40pm On May 17, 2013
can the northern elders please read this and learn?
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by gerald09(m): 2:43pm On May 17, 2013
Obviously Buhari has nuffin to say, they wanted GEJ to take action, he took action n he took it beautifully by allowing the elected officials to still be in office GEJ has show Nigerian n the opposition the ryt way to practice democracy. Only God knows what wuld have happened if the military was completely in control. The problem with the opposition is they really don't know how to play politics in a real democratic environment which GEJ has be trying to establish since 2011. No offence, but if Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ still want to enjoy a full blown democracy in Nigeria Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ must say NO to a Northern rule in Nigeria until they know how to rule without taking us back 20yrs. This is not Tribalism, its common sense.

6 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by GentleNaaz(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2013
Wat of APC? Buhari nko?
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by dbride: 2:46pm On May 17, 2013
I am free to speak on behalf of Fashola. This man I know in his quiet conner knows GEJ did the right thing but you know this party things. My brother, it is well. You are a man with a good conscience. Stay well. You will be free one day. Politics in 9ja is like being in a coven. Thumbs up for El Rufai who does not see anything wrong with SOE. Opposition can and should be magnanimous.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 17, 2013
The best ACN/CPC can do now is to use the APC name to support the president

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by lacasa: 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
At the call of Buhari, every PDP dog shall bow grin

#... Sai General cool
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Alamen001: 3:12pm On May 17, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Debate On Mrs. Aisha Ahmad's Choice Of Dressing ( Deputy Governor Of CBN,) / Court Rejects Metuh’s Bid To Call Dasuki As Witness / Buhari's Picture Surfaces Online - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.