Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency (7989 Views)

FLASHBACK 2007: You Stabbed Me In The Back, Buhari Accuses ANPP Leaders / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 17, 2013
gboss4sure: The best ACN/CPC can do now is to use the APC name to support the president

grin grin grin grin, this has actually killed the merger.... Jonathan is bad Politician!

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 17, 2013
lacasa: At the call of Buhari, every PDP dog shall bow grin

#... Sai General cool

Lacasara, the ppl you meet determines your smooth run to the top , unfortunately Buhari is a good soldier but a bad politician.... Liar muhammed has finally nailed his political career.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2013
the beginning of the end for their so called darling APC , hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by vanstanzy(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2013
apala911: ANPP Opposes ACN, CPC; Declares Support For State Of Emergency

The opposition party said the president acted rightly.
Two days after President Goodluck Jonathan declared a State of Emergency in two of its three states, the All Nigeria Peoples Party has declared support for the declaration.
The party’s position was made known by its National Chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday.
Mr. Onu said his party and its governors will support the Federal Government to bring peace to Borno and Yobe, currently under emergency rule.
President Goodluck Jonathan declared a State of Emergency in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa on Tuesday evening to curb the violence and insurgency in the area. Of the three states, only Adamawa is controlled by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, with the other two controlled by the ANPP.
The ANPP’s reactions contrasts sharply with that of its other two allies, the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC; with the other two outrightly condemning the declaration. The three parties, alongside a faction of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, are currently concluding their merger to form the All Progressives Congress.
“We have been working very hard as a party and our governors are mature. They will continue to work hard for peace. That has been the position of our party,” Mr. Onu said. “But we believe that with the declaration of the state of emergency, the rights of the citizens must be respected because we are in democracy,’’ M. Onu said.
He lauded President Goodluck Jonathan for ensuring that the political leadership of the affected states was not taken away from the governors.
“The insecurity was not caused by the governors and they were elected by the people; so the emergency should not and I am happy it has not affected them,” he said. “They have been putting in their best and we know that they will continue to do so until we have peace.”
The ACN, probably sensing the view of one of its allies warned on Thursday that retaining the political leadership during such emergency declaration was inconsequential.
“Truly, leaving the Governors and the state legislatures in place has made it easier for Nigerians to accept the imposition. But the truth is that the state chief executives and the legislatures have no role to play under the new system in place in the states,” the party added,” the ACN spokesman, Lai Mohammed, said.
Premium Times had made repeated efforts to reach the spokesperson of the ANPP on Wednesday and Thursday on the party’s reaction.
“We’re not speaking now,” Emma Eneukwu, the party spokesperson had said.
With the statement of the party’s chairman, it appears the ANPP’s initial silence was not want to antagonize its allies, the ACN and CPC, who would then appear to be crying more than the bereaved.
Mr. Onu expressed optimism that the issue of insecurity in the country would soon be resolved, saying, “Whatever has a beginning must have an end.’’
Climate change
Earlier at a public lecture, organised by the Nigerian Academy of Sciences, Mr. Onu urged government at all levels to embrace research to address the challenges posed by climate change.
Mr. Onu, who chaired the lecture, warned that climate change would have adverse effects on food security.
“Before now Nigeria was self-sufficient in food production but now the country is the largest importer of rice and other commodities, this is not acceptable,’’ he said.
The ANPP Chairman said that “government must continue to carry out research to see how climate change has impacted on us as well as the necessary measures needed to ameliorate its effects on our economy.
“Everybody, not just the government, even the private sector must emphasis research.
“Research is very important because without it, we would not know what will happen,’’ he said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134702-anpp-opposes-acn-cpc-declares-support-for-state-of-emergency.html

I SMELL A RAT! undecided undecided undecided
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by thelastPope(m): 3:34pm On May 17, 2013
lacasa: At the call of Buhari, every PDP dog shall bow grin

#... Sai General cool

JTF will soon get you. Terrorist informant!
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Lilimax(f): 3:36pm On May 17, 2013
don buchi: ACN, CPC you are alone on this. I am yet to here from APC Chief - Buhari.

Like he is confused
No he is currently sitting on the fence watching events as it is unfolding
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by OneDemola: 3:44pm On May 17, 2013
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Ahasco(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2013
Symphony007: Which party won't support the state of emergency after the shambolic statement by the ACN..they just prove how utterly myopic and amatuer they are. The would'nt even be able to govern a farm..can u imagine! Terrorist are raising flags on your territory and you're saying it's unemployment that's causing it!! They better start walking back this embarrasment.

I agree with you o jare. You can imagine, telling the president to step down if that was his only option.
Hours later, the pronouncement was made and I believe they are in shame now.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by kaeto(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2013
GEJ in his calmness, non-vindictiveness, truely democratic and sincerity has rubished the likes of buhari, tinubu and many of the opposition. Imagine how they are dumbfounded at one GEJ's move, i'm just hell impressed by GEJ's administration's tactfulness and 'CLUE'.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by TechyGuy: 4:22pm On May 17, 2013
A few weeks back, opposition supporters and their leaders in ACN/CPC and Northern caucus said Boko Haram is PDP. I wonder if they can now apologize for their childishness.

By the way, I am not a PDP supporter. I just believe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 4:29pm On May 17, 2013
kaeto: GEJ in his calmness, non-vindictiveness, truely democratic and sincerity has rubished the likes of buhari, tinubu and many of the opposition. Imagine how they are dumbfounded at one GEJ's move, i'm just hell impressed by GEJ's administration's tactfulness and 'CLUE'.
i thought they were calling him clueless and retardeen?now that the real game has begun they are beginning to think twice ,i always said it never underestimate or underrate MR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by decrox199(m): 4:46pm On May 17, 2013
vanstanzy:

I SMELL A RAT! undecided undecided undecided
and u are the wretched rat..Idiot!

2 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by searay(m): 4:49pm On May 17, 2013
I don't have anything to say. So I keep quiet
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Inik(m): 4:53pm On May 17, 2013
searay: I don't have anything to say. So I keep quiet
Abi o, cos anything you say will be used against you in the court of law cheesy
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:03pm On May 17, 2013
apala911: ANPP Opposes ACN, CPC; Declares Support For State Of Emergency

The ANPP’s reactions contrasts sharply with that of its other two allies, the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, and the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC; with the other two outrightly condemning the declaration.

When did this happen? I thought only ACN condemned it, while Buhari and CPC praised it?

These Illiterate Nigerian Journalists sef.

SMH
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:05pm On May 17, 2013
onatisi: the beginning of the end for their so called darling APC , hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin

While youre there grinning like Cheshire cat ask yourself what benefit PDP has been in your life.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

While youre there grinning like Cheshire cat ask yourself what benefit PDP has been in your life.
thanks for the compliment , just try and live with pdp , you have got no choice grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:09pm On May 17, 2013
onatisi:
thanks for the compliment , just try and live with pdp , you have got no choice grin grin grin grin grin

LMMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See why some of you will suffer till you die?!

You really think I could spend more than 15mins in that shiyyt hole you call home?

smh ROFLMAO
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 5:12pm On May 17, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

LMMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See why some of you will suffer till you die?!

You really think I could spend more than 15mins in that shiyyt hole you call home?

smh ROFLMAO
thanks , pls keep smiling ,life is too short

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by vanstanzy(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2013
decrox199: and u are the wretched rat..Idiot!

decrox199, always hasty to jump into conclusions. Since when did ur name become rat?? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Na wa o, una no go kill person.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:19pm On May 17, 2013
onatisi:
thanks , pls keep smiling ,life is too short

I should be telling you that: YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY IS 47YRS OLD!
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

I should be telling you that: YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY IS 47YRS OLD!
it is funny how childish u have suddenly become ,is it because you have just realized that ur party wont win the 2015 elections?don't worry tinubu will still find a job for u ,ok , i really do understand how it feels to be a loser and how wonderful it is to belong to the wining party , why don't u just join the winning group?

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2013
SOE ON THOSE STATES IS D BEST DECISION, ANY ONE OPPOSING SUCH DECISION IS THE ENEMY OF THE STATE

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Daatlaw11(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2013
I thought ACN, ANPP and CPC are now inside APC How can they be making statements, when they no longer exist??
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by onatisi(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2013
Daatlaw11: I thought ACN, ANPP and CPC are now inside APC How can they be making statements, when they no longer exist??
they are now clueless , they need to take some boost energy drink to ginger their swagga grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by sammyzacks(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2013
APC may not crystallize after all!
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by dustydee: 7:17pm On May 17, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

When did this happen? I thought only ACN condemned it, while Buhari and CPC praised it?

These Illiterate Nigerian Journalists sef.

SMH
Silly Journalism. CPC through Fashakin was the first to commend the move but pointed out that it was belated. As usual the PDP press did not report it. Only Channels TV did as far as I am aware.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by denniman: 9:15pm On May 17, 2013
why must the opposition criticize every policy made by the the govt.? it's no healthy for our young democracy. Criticizing every single policy wont bring them into power.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by nglazauro: 9:24pm On May 17, 2013
My fellow good citizens, when we are dealing with security issues, we should not blame our leaders, coz when the calamity comes it will not differentiate from Mr A and Mr B. Let the presdo think the way out on his own way, history will record our actions. cool
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by teoo: 10:00pm On May 17, 2013
6direct: ANPP are daft to support the rubbish refurblished State of emergency
Gosh!!! where do you put your sanity?
[color=#000099][/color]so u expect dem to av gone d way of ACN ?
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by clint77ng: 10:49pm On May 17, 2013
Division already. Exactly why the smart dude in Imo state made a statement, 'imo is still an Apga state'. Aggrieved Politicians congress (APC) has a slim chance of surviving.
Re: ANPP Declares Support For State Of Emergency by Afroconnect: 6:13am On May 18, 2013
ANPP and co if you want to still be rendered credible in the eyes of Nigerians-distance yourself from ACN.ACN committed political suicide when it aligned with enemies of the state.ACN sympathizes with boko haram- terrorists who are killing Nigerians-they are traitors.
90% of Nigerians hate Acn now.Lar has led them to political disaster.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Traveling And Saw These Fulani Women / We Don't Meddle In Internal Affairs Of Other Parties - APC Replies Iyorchia Ayu / $15M Presidential Alleged Largesse: House Of Reps Debunked Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.