Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 (27992 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid Copa Del Rey (2 - 2) On 15th January 2015 / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Copa Del Rey Final : Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona (0 - 3) On 25th May 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Phikom(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2013
what a gloomy for Mou and Real Mardrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Phikom(m): 7:38am On May 18, 2013
what a gloomy season for Real Madrid and Mou
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by dvcol: 7:46am On May 18, 2013
Limaoscar:

Dayo you don't mean what you just typed, did you?

Where in the world do you have the most monotonous two-horse race other than the spanish league.

And all those sissy, passing and falling/play-acting games they plan. There's definitely some skills in spain but the EPL is just electric with some drama to look forward to, week-in, week-out

You better becareful o, blood dey hot say my coach lose his final game before returning "home" so no let me vex
Electric ko Electric ni as far as am concern...EPL is wack in 20 MAN U has 14..EPL one team league..its only in Epl that top 4 finish is a trophy..
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by DMerciful(m): 7:47am On May 18, 2013
Barca fans are just naughty. ......after heavy trashing by Bayern home and away.....they are here making unnecessary noise. .SMH[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by fredoooooo: 8:15am On May 18, 2013
pmc01:
Get it straight nah! Is it the Zaragoza of now or then that beat Madrid by 6-1?
You brought in this particular angle to it nah! C'mon!

BTW, keeping Kaka on the bench is one area I will NEVER agree with Mou. I am not a blind follower.

reason why i hate mou and real madrid . how can you treat such a cool headed guy in that manner

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Tee831: 8:27am On May 18, 2013
Truth be told.... Mourinho has turned Madrid into a sorry club. They fight when they lose, The gossip amongst themselves, They envy each other, and worst of all if a Madrid says his opinion that there is a better player or a better coach than Mou and CR7 then that player becomes an enemy within the club. lets not forget that Casillas is suffering what he is suffering now just because he did not vote for Mourinho as the best coach (Voted for Del Bosque), because he has refused to become enemies with Barcelona players (Spanish footballer relate like brothers and are always together, something Mourinho is against because he prefers his team go play every match like a war). For those of us who knew and watched Madrid before Mou, we know what we are talking about and we can boldly say it that Madrid win matches easily and flawlessly without controversy (not that there 's not bound to be a fight, but not this aggressive team we are seeing)
For those of you who think Casillas is finished, you should really go ask someone who knows football how goalkeepers are rated and judged. You can still hear and read from great coaches and players calling Casillas the best and the simple reason is "a goal keeper does not have to be in form to play, reflexes is what matters because once a goal keeper has good reflexes then you can count on him to perform. Mourinho has fallen out with Casillas from last season and benching him is something he has had in mind before now.
The main reason why Mourinho is falling out with Madrid players is because unlike in Chelsea and Inter where he managed players who look up to him and he controls them but in this Madrid team, he has players with ego's as his because some of them have seen it all and those that dont seem to want to worship him and follow his every word become enemies. We dont expect him tell Ronaldo, Pepe, Casillas, Ramos, Alonso and a few already made footballers just what he feels they should do, these are footballers who have won much already and already worked with some of the great coaches. We cannot dispute the fact that Mourinho is good but fact be told, he has to change his management of players. He met some of these players there and there is no need to get into their heads. Just do your job and go and besides the players are the ones that play and not the coach. If everyone plays against instructions, does he think he can win a dime?

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by ambrosini593(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2013
Mou called himself the special one or only one. Now I can see that there's noting special about him. You can't go a season without winning a trophy if you are really special. To me he's the ordinary one who goes about making mouth. One thing about Mou is that he's going down now. Clubs and players don't fear him anymore. If am Chelsea's owner I won't go for Mou again. For christ sake how can Mou go back to his vomit? John Terry is there to drag the coaching role with him. Unlike the last time he came to the premier league there were only top 4 teams, but now there area almost top 8 teams in the premier league. So I see noting special in Mou anymore.
As for Ronaldo, I think he cannot win the world football of the year again with that type of character he exhibited last night. He is full of himself. Pride is written all over him. He feels he 's everything to football. When he scores he would want the whole world to notice. Am not disputing the fact that he's a good player, but he gets carried away all the time by his ego
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by vowiski(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2013
CFCfan: I can't wait for Mourinho's press-conference as the new CFC manager! It's gonna be pure box-office.

Lol, Like the clown won't get sacked in Chelsea..

I pity Mourinho if he goes to Chelsea, Pep Guardiola is simply intelligent and smart, Bayern would dominate Europe for a couple of years to come
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Tee831: 8:43am On May 18, 2013
ambrosini593: Mou called himself the special one or only one. Now I can see that there's noting special about him. You can't go a season without winning a trophy if you are really special. To me he's the ordinary one who goes about making mouth. One thing about Mou is that he's going down now. Clubs and players don't fear him anymore. If am Chelsea's owner I won't go for Mou again. For christ sake how can Mou go back to his vomit? John Terry is there to drag the coaching role with him. Unlike the last time he came to the premier league there were only top 4 teams, but now there area almost top 8 teams in the premier league. So I see noting special in Mou anymore.
As for Ronaldo, I think he cannot win the world football of the year again with that type of character he exhibited last night. He is full of himself. Pride is written all over him. He feels he 's everything to football. When he scores he would want the whole world to notice. Am not disputing the fact that he's a good player, but he gets carried away all the time by his ego

True talk.. The premier league is now more competitive and Mou will never get an easy ride there. Lets wait for next season and see what happens..

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Wahala90: 8:51am On May 18, 2013
Before Mou's arrival, Madrid went four seasons (between 2003 and 2007) without winning the league. It has not won the Copa del Rey since 1993 and had not been past the first knock-out stage of the Champions League in six years. When he came, he won the league, won the Copa del Rey and was in the UCL semi throughout. He also defeated Barca to lift the supercup.

In these, the Special One did not fail to show the world that he is one of the world's best soccer tacticians: he won the league with the highest points (100) ever and thought the world how to play effective attacking football by scoring the highest goals (121) in the history of the LaLiga. This is the least of Mou's achievements in any club but certainly his Madrid stay was not bad.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2013
CFCfan: So Real Madrid only ended up with the Spanish Super Cup. cry

Spanish Small Cup.....
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Did Juande Ramos win La Liga?

Carlos Quieroz who was highly rated from the EPL failed miserably in La Liga
Mourinho could only win 1 League in 3 yrs while in EPL he won the first 2 league titles

Tell them o....
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:03am On May 18, 2013
boron10:
The only special thing he failed to achieve is the CL. He defeated the so called Barca in Copa del rey final in his first season. He proceeded to win the la liga in his second season. But for the disunity in his squad, he could have easily won this final.

But he didnt, did he? This same Atletico Madrid team were beaten by a dis-jointed Barca FC (1-2) with a man less i.e. (Messi) just 5days earlier with 35mins left in that contest....

So FC Barca with such problems, still boast of a better play rating than Madridista. My submission.....
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by obidonshow: 9:05am On May 18, 2013
This is one of the hottest final
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by lernah: 9:06am On May 18, 2013
Madrid don already loose in 1 of d most controversial matches im copa history <bt i enjoyed it> cheesy
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by dvcol: 9:06am On May 18, 2013
Wahala90: Before Mou's arrival, Madrid went four seasons (between 2003 and 2007) without winning the league. It had not won the Copa del Rey since 1993 and had not been past the first knock-out stage of the Champions League in six years. When he came, he won the league, won the Copa del Rey and was in the UCL semi throughout. He also defeated Barca to lift the supercup.

In these, the Special One did not fail to show the world that he is one of the world's best soccer tacticians: he won the league with the highest points (100) ever and thought the world how to play effective attacking football by scoring the highest goals (121) in the history of the LaLiga. This is the least of Mou's achievements in any club but certainly his Madrid stay was not bad.
remember he has d most expensive squad in world football let me ask Was Mancini's stay at city bad?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2013
boron10:
Benitez could win two La liga with Valencia but could not win a single premier league with liverpool.

But won the Champions League with Liverpool FC. A task Mourinho never could, i say never could achieve with Chelsea FC......grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by rozayx5(m): 9:12am On May 18, 2013
Hmmmm, So Madrid are trophyless, i hope mama g can see here c-boy smiling grin grin grin grin

i lost 7-0, Real madrid celebrated, now i wonder what they will be happy about, maybe UCL qualification undecided undecided
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On May 18, 2013
boron10:
Benitez could win two La liga with Valencia but could not win a single premier league with liverpool.
But he won the UCL with them. What's your point exactly?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On May 18, 2013
Limaoscar: yet another dry leaf.....this falling annoying thing will go on till last whistle. I am begginig to hate all this and one silly afam will come and tell me spanish teams this, spanish teams that.
When Barca and Madrid win, you say the La liga is a two-horse race and now that Athletico has won, what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:22am On May 18, 2013
Wahala90:

[size=14pt]If you called that "trashing of his life". Then what do you call what bayern did to barca in UCL semi finals? That must be the "trashing of Barca's destiny" If Mou is a loser then a coach like Wenger must be a disgrace to football.[/size]

FC Barcelona...!
''Mes que un club''.....(More than a club)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Krasid(m): 9:22am On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

But he didnt, did he? This same Atletico Madrid team were beaten by a dis-jointed Barca FC (1-2) with a man less i.e. (Messi) just 5days earlier with 35mins left in that contest....

So FC Barca with such problems, still boast of a better play rating than Madridista. My submission.....
How can you compare the game atletico played with barca and the one played yesterday.In the game against barca they played for nothing since they already secured champions league qualification and couldn't possibly win the league.Moreover after sometime in that match they witdrew some of their key players,but against madrid they were playing for something and also had a stroke of luck.My point is both games were different.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
When Barca and Madrid win, you say the La liga is a two-horse race and now that Athletico has won, what are you saying?

He now said there was ojoro last nite....grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2013
Krasid: How can you compare the game atletico played with barca and the one played yesterday.In the game against barca they played for nothing since they already secured champions league qualification and couldn't possibly win the league.Moreover after sometime in that match they witdrew some of their key players,but against madrid they were playing for something and also had a stroke of luck.My point is both games were different.

Yes, but FC Barca still won. Remember pride also was at stake...
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Tee831: 9:39am On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

Yes, but FC Barca still won. Remember pride also was at stake...

Relax, Madrid still beat the same Ath.Madrid some weeks back.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by tzetzefly(m): 9:42am On May 18, 2013
Tee831:

Relax, Madrid still beat the same Ath.Madrid some weeks back.

What wouldnt Madrid CF give to reverse that win in favour of this cup loss.....
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:59am On May 18, 2013
Only two clubs in the world that live up to expectation: ManU and Barcelona..
Poor MOURNrinho.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by boron10(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
But he won the UCL with them. What's your point exactly?

dayokanu:

Premier league is weak , Mourinho would win something with Chelsea if he goes there

If a pathetic sod like Mancini can win FA cup and EPL
My point is to clearly debunk the above assertion
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by usbcable(m): 11:03am On May 18, 2013
fredoooooo:

reason why i hate mou and real madrid . how can you treat such a cool headed guy in that manner

Football is not won by just being "cool headed". In the many games played by Kaka. How many of it was he outstanding?

no crime in loving kaka, but he is simply not thesame kaka that won the BDO. with AC Milan.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by usbcable(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2013
dvcol: remember he has d most expensive squad in world football let me ask Was Mancini's stay at city bad?
Mancini's stay at city was successful considering where the club was before he arrived.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by usbcable(m): 11:17am On May 18, 2013
Rexxie: Only two clubs in the world that live up to expectation: ManU and Barcelona..
Poor MOURNrinho.

So the 7-nil drubbing was an expectation for barcelona.
that grossly shameful.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 17th May 2013 by boron10(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

Going by your logic, QPR defeated chelsea early this year, and Chelsea on the other hand defeated Man Utd, so QPR could as well win Man Utd cos they defeated a team that defeated them? Football is not mathematics.

Moreover, the game between Barca and Athletico was just a mere formality. You wouldn't expect athletico players to risk getting themselves injured for such game while they have a crucial final ahead of them

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Meet English Premier League Nike Merlin / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 2) On 1st April 2017 / Brighton Vs Arsenal (2 - 4) On 31st December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.