Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (16115 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by theozobby(m): 7:14pm On May 17, 2013
Yes!!!
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by creativemusic: 7:15pm On May 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin why high rating, tell me what i am enjoying? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, no light no water, no road, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Reyspin(m): 7:15pm On May 17, 2013
KnowAll: One of the ways American Presidents get the sympathies of their country's men and women is by going to wars, or better still invading lesser nations. The invasion of Granada, a small island in the Atlantic Ocean boosted Ronald Regan's Approval ratings into the stratosphere making him secure a second term with such an ease. so was George Bush senior's invasion of and eventual apprehension of the Panama strong man(Noriega), if the elections were held within the year of the invasion he would have secured re-election easily.

His approval ratings also hit the stratosphere just after the apprehension and eventual jailing of General Noriga. George Bush Snr could easily have secured a second term if not for Ross Perot who ran as an independent splitting and decimating the Republican votes hence his eventual loss of the election.

Noriega was Apprehended in Dec 1989, but the elections was not held for another 3.5 years in 1993. So from this little lesson of history, all Jonathan have to do going forward is to pursue a populist program before 2015.

The President has the momentum at the moment, and many ACN voters were not only embarrass by Mr Lai Mohammed's thoughtless criticism of the declaration of the State of Emergency, but are readily happy to dissociate themselves from such childish, amateurish and ill-time criticism and to make matters worse, one of the associating parties planning to form the APC mega party, and I am talking of ANPP here, has come out openly to support Mr President's stance, obviously the Governor's of those states feels the pain of the pinch, unlike the ACN Governors who are more or less at the moment immune from the travails of what the citizenry of those states in the NE are going through.

So Mr President more grease to your elbow. cool

So declaring State Of Emergency can Boost one's approval Rating If I check you are a Literate and well informed one at that.. SHAME!!!

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by tspun(m): 7:16pm On May 17, 2013
abeg make una leave bros jona for me o. I m begining to fall inlove with my president, must especially as people continue to critisize him.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:17pm On May 17, 2013
GEJ's rating has definitely soared in my books. But not high enough yet to want him back in 2015 cos I am still fully 100% behing ACN.
I will advice you guys not to get too excited yet until we see the end results of this later in the year. It is very true that this State of emergency rule is coming quite late after so much damage has already been caused and after boko haram has been able to get too much sympathizers.
However, we should give our full support now that oga Jona has suddenly woken up from his slumber. By the grace of God it will work so that GEJ's apologists can stop giving the annoying excuse that oga is not working well because his enemies are making it hard for him.

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 17, 2013
His ratings are high? Those making the ratings must be HIGH!!!

6 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by eagleeye2: 7:20pm On May 17, 2013
I support GEJ for declaring SoE in those states. But those saying that his score marks has always been high with real Nigerians are being deluded.
Yes, if this were to be an election year GEJ will likely coast home to a second term, because even the opposition are just a confused set of people without any clear road map.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 17, 2013
Mtchewww! Dream on!!!

2 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville: Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

He has shown how confused he really is by first of all declaring amnesty and a month later a state of emergency. Does this man called GEJ really know what he is doing? The State of Emergency is Long overdue.
you must be high my friend. cry

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by lacasa: 7:27pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 17, 2013
While his corruption rating is also going higher. . .Most Nigerians are just use to this stutus quo from the pdp-led administartion.

4 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by luvinhubby(m): 7:35pm On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Maybe you'r the one "counting chicken". Check my previous posts, even before SOE, you'll see the glaring consistency and even more detailed catalogue of achievements of the govt.
Guy i can't just stop liking you for the way you decimate this Asiwaju cyber warriors on NL with facts, wetin u wan contest make i follow you do campaign, at your service anytime. grin grin
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Adanyebe(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2013
ITbomb: .
and what's the meaning of "." grin
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by vizboy(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2013
otokx: Straight 5 working days and there is no NEPA in University of Port Harcourt.
you no know where phcn office dey.

Phcn dey use light spoil us for auchi.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by kabba7(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=hopy68]yeah mk jona carry go we dey follow him 4 bck haters go to hell...

I hair very strong feelings boko haram or not Jonathan is ending in prison after first term!
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by salt1: 7:43pm On May 17, 2013
solopumpy227:

I surely see your previous posts but the only thing is that I never see them in real life. The achievements seem to only occur in your mind.

I have asked you to give me pictures but you will keep posting rurbish. My likes dont just believe potentially duibious xters like you we investigate and deduce.

The Fashola you are trying to smear can daze you with pictures of achievements that will paralyze you ditto the Akwa-Ibom and River's Govt. But with like 60% of the cake going to your Oga at the top you should be able to back all your achievement stories with verifiable pictures.

Fashola's achievements paralyse Akpabio's and Amaechi's? I don't think you have travelled to Akwa Ibom nor seen the primary schools,secondary schOols and primary health centres in Rivers State.
Please travel and see!
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 17, 2013
I am a GEJ supporter. Ve always been and will always be. But anytime sincere_Nigerian comes to a thread, he just spoils everything wit de way he goes abt d GEJ led administration like it were flawless. angry angry angry angry

BTW, I tink he has too many incompetent aides. That's why he makes some mistakes. Those guys just don't do their homework well. E.G presidential pardon being offered to someone who has already been pardoned. For chrisssakes cudnt dose dumb-assss aides run d list against d list of those already pardoned to ensure such an embarrassing mistake don't come up?
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by mrakin(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2013
Is it true that more opposition parties got good/right judgements
during GEJ's regime?
Does it mean that GEJ is a better president?
Personally ruling Nigeria is not a small job o.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by RedLight1: 7:47pm On May 17, 2013
yep its true the rating got really high after ACN's criticism of SOE.. i really hated the fact that lai mohammed really dont know when to criticize government policies.. bring pdp or gej down should be different from bring nigeria down... everyone suppose to work together to find lasting solution to boko haram menace rather than play cheap politics with something that is destroying the lives of Nigerians.. it makes me wonder if these acn people has the love of nigerians at heart or just wanna use nigerians to get to power at all cost

anyway GEJ rating is not high enough in my book to vote for him in 2015 ...so am still very much with the oppositions at the moment ..
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by tolex34(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2013
Execute the executable

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by dukesmith(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville:

Boko Haram has killed over three thousand people in that same country and they are threathening to kill more .... so tell me what the commander in chief was waiting for? Make the number reach fifty thousand?
See this bush man o, na oversabi go kill you... Abeg go sleep.SMH
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by CVHP: 7:53pm On May 17, 2013
My problem with all these critics(ACN, ACF, NEF et al) is that they've refused to proffer a concrete solution. Cos all their so-called proposed solutions have all FAILED! Mr LIE Muhammed, Tinuboot, Shehu Sani, should shut up.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by musiwa26: 7:53pm On May 17, 2013
that is not true. jonathan approval rating as just drop. the reason is the north is majority muslim.

Nairaland is run by a PDP member, seun osewa is a PDP member.

He just endanger the lifes of 200 million people. the reason is boko haram is in sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, katsina, bauchi, gombe etc.. so even if you have state of emergency in the BAY states( Bornu, Adamawa and Yobe) you will only make Boko haram spread to others state. Which is will be seen as attack on the north..

Like i said from the start the solution is to remove the western Niger of Nigeria. that is the solution from the start.

When Ban kin mooon listen to wrong advise and went to shack Jonathan in abuja.. here is the timeline of attack. you can see I was right and they were wrong. i am been honest with you. on the situation in nigeria. i dont trick people.

Let me help you out Jonathan can not count a census that will be accepted by northerners, or even the western niger . so the solution is to divide the country. so that this people can count it themself.

18 Jan 2012: A key suspect in the 2011 Christmas Day bombing in Abuja, which killed more than 40 people, escapes police custody.

17 Jan 2012: Two soldiers and four BH gunmen are killed in an attack on a military checkpoint in Maiduguri, Borno State. Soldiers arrest six high-profile BH members in a raid on a sect hideout in the city.

13 Jan 2012: BH kills four and injures two others, including a policeman, in two separate attacks on pubs in Yola (Adawama State) and Gombe city in neighbouring Gombe State.

11 Jan 2012: Four Christians killed by BH gunmen in Potiskum, Yobe State, when gunmen open fire on their car as they stop for fuel. The victims had been fleeing Maiduguri to their home town in eastern Nigeria.

10 Jan 2012: A BH attack on a beer garden kills eight, including five policemen and a teenage girl, in Damaturu, capital of Yobe State.

9 Jan 2012: BH gunmen shoot dead a secret police operative along with his civilian friend as they leave a mosque in Biu, Borno State, 200km south of the state capital, Maiduguri. The president says BH has infiltrated the executive, parliamentary and judicial wings of government.

7 Jan 2012: Three Christian poker players are killed and seven others wounded by BH gunmen in the town of Biu.

6 Jan 2012: Eight worshippers are killed in a shooting attack on a church in Yola. BH gunmen shoot dead 17 Christian mourners in the town of Mubi in the northeastern state of Adamawa. The victims are friends and relations of one of five people killed in a BH attack on a hotel the previous day.

5 Jan 2012: Six worshippers are killed and 10 others wounded when BH gunmen attack a church in Gombe city.

3 Jan 2012: BH gunmen attack a police station in the town of Birniwa in Jigawa State killing a teenage girl and wounding a police officer.

1 Jan 2012: President Goodluck Jonathan imposes a state of emergency on 15 local government areas hardest-hit by BH attacks, in Borno, Yobe and Plateau states. He orders the closure of Nigerian borders in the north.

30 Dec 2011: Four Muslim worshippers are killed in a BH bomb and shooting attack targeting a military checkpoint in Maiduguri as worshippers leave a mosque after attending Friday prayers.

28 Dec 2011: A bombing and shooting attack by BH on a beer parlour in the town of Mubi, Adamawa State, wounds 15.

25 Dec 2011: A Christmas Day BH bomb attack on Saint Theresa Catholic Church in Madalla town near Abuja kills 42 worshippers. Three secret police (SSS) operatives and a BH bomber are killed in a suicide attack when the bomber rams his bomb-laden car into a military convoy at the gates of SSS headquarters in Damaturu. A policeman is killed in a botched BH bomb attack on a church in the Ray Field area of Jos, capital of Plateau State.

22 Dec 2011: BH bombs in parts of Maiduguri kill 20. Four policemen and a civilian are killed in gun and bomb attacks on a police building in Potiskum, Yobe State. Around 100 are killed following multiple bomb and shooting attacks by BH gunmen and ensuing gun battles with troops in the Pompomari outskirts of Damaturu.

19 Dec 2011: One suspected BH member dies and two others wounded in an accidental explosion while assembling a home-made bomb in a hideout in Damaturu.

17 Dec 2011: A shootout between sect members and policemen following a raid on the hideout of a BH sect leader in the Darmanawa area of Kano State kills seven, including three police officers. Police arrest 14 BH suspects and seize large amount of arms and bombs. Three BH members die in an accidental explosion while assembling home-made bombs in a hideout on the outskirts of Maiduguri.

13 Dec 2011: A bomb attack on a military checkpoint by BH and resulting shooting by soldiers in Maiduguri leaves 10 dead and 30 injured.

7 Dec 2011: An explosion linked to BH kills eight in the Oriyapata district of Kaduna city.

4 Dec 2011: A soldier, a policeman and a civilian are killed in bomb and gun attacks on police buildings and two banks in Azare, Bauchi State. BH open fire at a wedding in Maiduguri, killing the groom and a guest.

27 Nov 2011: A Borno State protocol officer in the office of the governor is shot dead by motorcycle-riding sect members while driving home.

26 Nov 2011: Three policemen and a civilian are wounded in BH bomb and shooting attacks in Geidam, Yobe State. Six churches, a police station, a beer parlour, a shopping complex, a high court, a local council building and 11 cars are burnt in the attacks.

9 Nov 2011: BH members bomb a police station and the office of Nigeria’s road safety agency in Maina village, Borno State. No one is hurt.

4 Nov 2011: The motorcade of Borno State governor Kashim Shettima comes under BH bomb attack in Maiduguri on its way from the airport to the governor’s residence as he returns from a trip to Abuja. Around 150 are killed in coordinated BH bombing and shooting attacks on police facilities in Damaturu and Potiskum in Yobe State. Two BH suicide-bombers blow themselves up outside the military Joint Task Force headquarters in Maiduguri in a botched suicide attack.

2 Nov 2011: A soldier on duty is shot dead by sect members outside Maiduguri’s main market.

November 2011: BH says it will not dialogue with the government until all of its members who have been arrested are released.

29 Oct 2011: BH gunmen shoot dead Muslim cleric Sheikh Ali Jana’a outside his home in the Bulabulin Ngarnam neighbourhood of Maiduguri. Jana’a is known to have provided information to security forces regarding the sect.

25 Oct 2011: A policeman is shot dead in his house in a targeted attack by BH gunmen in Damaturu.

23 Oct 2011: Sect members open fire on a market in the town of Katari in Kaduna State, killing two.

23 Oct 2011: BH members kill a policeman and a bank security guard in bombing and shooting attacks on a police station and two banks in Saminaka, Kaduna State.

3 October 2011: Three killed in BH attacks on Baga market in Maiduguri, Borno State. The victims included a tea-seller, a drug store owner and a passer-by.

1 October 2011: A butcher and his assistant are killed by BH gunmen at Baga market in Maiduguri in a targeted killing. In a separate incident, three people are killed in a shoot-out following BH bomb and shooting attacks on a military patrol vehicle delivering food to soldiers at a checkpoint in Maiduguri. All three victims are civilians.

17 September 2011: Babakura Fugu, brother-in-law to slain BH leader Mohammed Yusuf, is shot dead outside his house in Maiduguri two days after attending a peace meeting with Nigeria’s ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo in the city. BH denies any involvement in the incident.

13 September 2011: Four soldiers shot and wounded in an ambush by BH members in Maiduguri shortly after the arrest of 15 sect members in military raids on BH hideouts in the city.

12 September 2011: Seven men, including four policemen, are killed by BH gunmen in bomb and shooting attacks on a police station and a bank in Misau, Bauchi State. The attackers rob the bank.

4 September 2011: Muslim cleric Malam Dala shot dead by two BH members outside his home in the Zinnari area of Maiduguri.

1 September 2011: A shootout between BH gunmen and soldiers in Song, Adamawa State, kills one sect members while another is injured and captured.

26 August 2011: BH claims responsibility for a suicide bomb blast on the UN compound in Abuja, killing 23 people.

25 August 2011: Gun and bomb attacks by BH on two police stations and two banks in Gombi, Adamawa State, kill at least 16 people, including seven policemen.

3 August 2011: The government rejects negotiations with BH.

July 2011: Government says it will open a negotiation panel to initiate negotiations with BH.

27 June 2011: BH’s gun and bomb attack on a beer garden in Maiduguri leaves at least 25 dead and dozens injured.

20 June 2011: Seven people including five policemen killed in gun and bomb attacks on a police station and a bank in Kankara, Katsina State.

16 June 2011: BH targets national police headquarters in Abuja, killing two.

7 June 2011: Attacks on a church and two police posts in Maiduguri, blamed on the sect, leave at least 14 dead.

6 June 2011: Muslim cleric Ibrahim Birkuti, critical of BH, shot dead by two motorcycle-riding BH gunmen outside his house in Biu, 200km from Maiduguri.

29 May 2011: Three bombs rip through a beer garden in a military barracks in the northern city of Bauchi, killing 13 and wounding 33. BH claims responsibility.

27 May 2011: A group of around 70 suspected BH gunmen kill eight people including four policemen in simultaneous gun and bomb attacks on a police station, a police barracks and a bank in Damboa, Borno State, near the border with Chad.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ochukoccna: 7:57pm On May 17, 2013
otokx: Straight 5 working days and there is no NEPA in University of Port Harcourt.
Just endure a little more
Oga @ the top is about setting a commitee to look into your complaint ,another to produce a recommendation white paper and another to implement their recommendations. cool

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by almajiri101: 7:58pm On May 17, 2013
If jonathan and his blind followers think they can wipe off boko haram then think again.

The battle line has been drawn, let's wait and see who surrenders.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by akandea(m): 8:04pm On May 17, 2013
Surprised and disappointed at Lai Mohammed comment. On this Jonathan has my vote . ACN better be careful and respect the peoples opinion. I'm becoming skeptical of ACN o!

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 17, 2013
almajiri101: If jonathan and his blind followers think they can wipe off boko haram then think again.

The battle line has been drawn, let's wait and see who surrenders.
smh undecided
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Afam4eva(m): 8:06pm On May 17, 2013
I think we all have to rise above our clanish disposition and give Jonathan the benefit of the doubt by supporting him. Recent calls by him are commendable.

3 Likes

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Melancholy(m): 8:08pm On May 17, 2013
@op how do u want me state my view when you are confused to know where u stand on this issue?state of emergency is the best method for now.Amnesty to boko aram was a big mistake that should not repeat itself.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 17, 2013

How is that Jonathan's fault? I know some people have had light for the past 5 days also including myself. Go to the Nepa Station in your area and find out whats wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyegun, O’tega Forged Death Certificate To Disqualify Me: Reps Candidate / Women Delegates Visit Aisha Buhari In Her Home (Photos) / US Blames Killings In Nigeria On Reign Of Impunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.