Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (16114 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ekoilee: 11:36pm On May 17, 2013
lol@ hit the roof.

Thank God not my roof cos my roof is intact....
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by deletrue: 11:37pm On May 17, 2013
kaeto: and so what? You witch! Don't you have a governor in rivers state? Amaechi is the biggest fool in nigeria. Don't you see how fashola runs lagos state? Fash even works on FG roads then present a bill of cost later. Your state generates almost same revenue as lagos state but the achievement in rivers state since 1999 till date CANNOT be compared to lagos under fashola for 1 year, keep trying to smear GEJ, while the touts in charge in PH keep stealing you blind, cretin...
That guy you are talking to does know the meaning of two fighting! When Ameachi is engaging jona in a full blast war, i expect him to realise that there are different ways to fight in order to win. Refer him also to Akwa Ibom were Akpabio etc. repairs federal roads and later discuss with FG. Just wait for jona, while Ameachi will empty you completely.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by HezronLorraine(m): 12:05am On May 18, 2013
slinkky: mismanagement of the state of emergency could also, turn public opinion against him.
my thoughts exactly,how many days already after the declaration we cannot rest an hour withouth emergency rule.lets wait and see how it plays out.i know for sure that Boko Haram has a very strong intel in also rock,the motives of the president was already known before hand.but they're trained to fight to the last.i know for sure the fleeing militants would rebase and re-strategies in one of their external base in Mali,Niger or chad.bh aren't puppets and can't be underestimated for any reason.i pray for our troops and the intelligence community to skillfully manouvre every tactics employed by this Islamist.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by OdionOdion: 12:05am On May 18, 2013
Nashville: Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

He has shown how confused he really is by first of all declaring amnesty and a month later a state of emergency. Does this man called GEJ really know what he is doing? The State of Emergency is Long overdue.
Even after tuesday declaration the Northern Elders Forum is still attacking GEJ
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by lurojohn(m): 12:06am On May 18, 2013
Still available
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by OdionOdion: 12:15am On May 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The approval rating of the president has always been high amongst REAL PEOPLE on ground. The REAL PEOPLE on ground include:

- those who use the revived rail transport system
- those who travel along the improving federal roads
- the winners of the first and second editions of YOUWIN
- the beneficiaries of the Graduate Internship scheme
- the 5,000 people per state who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P women and youth empowerment scheme
- the pregnant women who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P maternal health intervention programme
- the non-academic and academic staff in the BRAND NEW 9 federal universities
- the farmers that are now receiving subsidized fertilizers and improved seeds
- the pioneer students of the 9 new federal universities
- those who travel by air and use the Airports frequently
- those who voted for the FIRST TIME in their life and saw their vote count.God bless u for putting the records straight
- etc, etc
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ric123: 2:24am On May 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The approval rating of the president has always been high amongst REAL PEOPLE on ground. The REAL PEOPLE on ground include:

- those who use the revived rail transport system
- those who travel along the improving federal roads
- the winners of the first and second editions of YOUWIN
- the beneficiaries of the Graduate Internship scheme
- the 5,000 people per state who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P women and youth empowerment scheme
- the pregnant women who are beneficiaries of the SURE-P maternal health intervention programme
- the non-academic and academic staff in the BRAND NEW 9 federal universities
- the farmers that are now receiving subsidized fertilizers and improved seeds
- the pioneer students of the 9 new federal universities
- those who travel by air and use the Airports frequently
- those who voted for the FIRST TIME in their life and saw their vote count
- etc, etc
So this what all the billions budgeted have done for his 4 years. What a lot! Amechi in Rivers with less money and resources did much more Same for Fashola, Adams, Aliyu. GEJ is the worst President of Nigeria
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by ekolina(m): 7:30am On May 18, 2013
otokx: Straight 5 working days and there is no NEPA in University of Port Harcourt.
do u wana hold Mr president responsible 4 dat
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by funnyx(m): 8:00am On May 18, 2013
ekolina: do u wana hold Mr president responsible 4 dat

Who should he hold responsible?
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by walakolobo: 8:07am On May 18, 2013
funnyx:

Who should he hold responsible?

go back to school to learn how to speak correct English.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by fuke(m): 8:28am On May 18, 2013
GEJ is not my friend but on this emergency palava
I am solidly behind him.

He should drive them to the seas
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by funnyx(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2013
walakolobo:

go back to school to learn how to speak correct English.

Thank you, there's no point drooling over my English, you understand the question so answer it rather than posting rubbish. You do not speak English on internet forum you know? Speak correct English indeed!
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by gp66(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2013
Nashville: Do not be deceived about any approval rating hitting the roof. What people are saying is that he should have this 18 months ago. Several people had complained he had been too soft on Boko Haram and it has taken him this long to do something he should have done 18 months ago. Do you think OBJ would have waited this long?

He has shown how confused he really is by first of all declaring amnesty and a month later a state of emergency. Does this man called GEJ really know what he is doing? The State of Emergency is Long overdue.

hope u were taught what democracy means in ur secondary sch. This is not military regime that u wake up one night without consultations and declare emergency rule.

OBJ was a military man. International community frawns at military rule thats why GEJ has been taking decisions from indepth consultation. As a democractic President he is trying to avoid all international condemnation with respect to humanity.

GEJ has been d wisest and d best President ever seen. Come to think of it, state of emergency wit civilian structures still intact.

My brother man i knw u ar one of the haters. Pls kindly go hug transformers in ur streets.

GEJ carry go 3 tenures in Nigeria.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by lookmangiw(m): 9:26am On May 18, 2013
the OP of this particular thread is a joke. jonathan's popularity hitting the roof. i laugh in taiwan
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On May 18, 2013
lookmangiw: the OP of this particular thread is a joke. jonathan's popularity hitting the roof. i laugh in taiwan

The OP is not far from the truth. I used to side ACN but I now side Jonathan. I'm sure that will be the case in the larger society with the way the opposition has tried to politicize sensitive issues.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by lookmangiw(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2013
Abagworo:

The OP is not far from the truth. I used to side ACN but I now side Jonathan. I'm sure that will be the case in the larger society with the way the opposition has tried to politicize sensitive issues.
and same things applies to the ruling party too. are they not politicizing major issues as well. i can sight examples if you request for them.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by funnyx(m): 10:18am On May 18, 2013
lookmangiw: and same things applies to the ruling party too. are they not politicizing major issues as well. i can sight examples if you request for them.

I think I can reason with abagworo point, yes you're right that they both politicise issues but the politicisation of the current issue on SOE by the ACN was very distasteful to many, even some die hard ACN supporters were disappointed.
Having said that I don't think swinging allegiance is the answer and that's why I have no allegiance to any party my allegiance is to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by KnowAll(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2013
[size=18pt]The bottom lines are the Yoruba's will vote ACN in the Gubernatorial elections but the Presidential elections would probably go to Jonathan, I see a repetition of the 2011 election results. cool

Not many Southerners and that includes the Yoruba's will trust a Northerner with the Presidency come 2015[/size].!!! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by hubreality(m): 4:30pm On May 18, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]The bottom lines are the Yoruba's will vote ACN in the Gubernatorial elections but the Presidential elections would probably go to Jonathan, I see a repetition of the 2011 election results. cool

Not many Southerners and that includes the Yoruba's will trust a Northerner with the Presidency come 2015[/size].!!! lipsrsealed
VERY HIGH here and Internationally...We would rather vote a selfless person and 100% democratic in the person of GEJ come 2015, and not voting heartless blood and power thirsty opposition politrickians. Party is 100% irrelevance but the person in contest. Time will tell...Go Jonathan!
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by kadil(m): 5:46pm On May 18, 2013
hmm, the 'like' in favor of GEJ in this post alone hss hit more than 250. what do u think?

1 Like

Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by confusion247(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2013
davechika: some people just hate GEJ just for the fun of it, must you criticize everything he does simply because your blinded by hate? undecided
Not some people, rather yorubas hated Jonathan because their masters from northern Nigeria hate Jonathan. If hausas should turn around tomorrow to sing praises for Jonathan, yorubas will be the first to dance to it.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by solopumpy227: 8:17pm On May 18, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]The bottom lines are the Yoruba's will vote ACN in the Gubernatorial elections but the Presidential elections would probably go to Jonathan, I see a repetition of the 2011 election results. cool

U might be wrong though. 80% of voters in Ekiti, Osun and Ogun will vote for whoever their Leaders campaign for/with. The same trend is highly probable in Ondo where the Governor has a soft spot for President Jonathan. Lagos will be the battle-ground state.
* For instance A Buhari/Rochas against Jonathan/Sambo will confuse resident Igbos who are the predominant voting bloc after the Yoruba. In as much as most Igbo people will prefer President Jonathan to any Northerner seeing their OWN RENOWN SON on the ballot may make them change their minds.The Yoruba voters may remain largely indifferent as they did in 2011. PDP should carry the day all the same in Lagos, however if Lagos ACN or APC thoroughly campiagned for their candidates (say Buhari/ Rochas) at the grassroots then the story may not be the same.

* The game killer is if it is Buhari/Fashola. The votes will simply go tribal. ACP will simply win.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by funnyx(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2013
confusion247:
Not some people, rather yorubas hated Jonathan because their masters from northern Nigeria hate Jonathan. If hausas should turn around tomorrow to sing praises for Jonathan, yorubas will be the first to dance to it.

You're confused just as your name suggests, if Jonathan was a hausa or fulani I doubt you'll be singing his praises just as you do now.
Re: Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? by Mogidi: 10:30am On May 19, 2013
eko ilee: lol@ hit the roof.

Thank God not my roof cos my roof is intact....

Your roof is intact because you have not openly supported their doctrine or methods, support their methods and watch JTF reduce your roof to waste, Christians have had enough, just saying..,,..,,..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyegun, O’tega Forged Death Certificate To Disqualify Me: Reps Candidate / Osinbajo And Fake News Are Co-joined Twins - Reno Omokri / Women Delegates Visit Aisha Buhari In Her Home (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.