Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,122 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. (34341 Views)

The N27.8million Bottle Of Champagne Nigerians Buy In United Kingdom / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Taste Of Heineken Beer In Nigeria vs Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by AMvanquish: 6:36pm On May 20, 2013
I don't drink but @ OP, dis ur post is funny
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by wellmax(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2013
@OP i agree with you. But please how much is it sold for in Saudi Arabia.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by supaeagles(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2013
Originalsly: You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?

grin - please, give me the address of that doctor, make I collect my own prescription
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke

Economics textbook by PN Okeke.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy blawd of gawd!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Iaz93: 6:40pm On May 20, 2013
People are protesting for better things, this one is protesting for price of heineken. Carry sticks and leaves and march to Aso Rock na, so that you can be heard.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by chelseabmw(m): 6:40pm On May 20, 2013
In South africa,its just 280naira grin grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Kingzyice(m): 6:41pm On May 20, 2013
don't knw abt u guys bt heineken sells @ #250 in ma area.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by lertee(f): 6:42pm On May 20, 2013
what's my own,this one na for those wey dey drink like fish undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by chelseabmw(m): 6:42pm On May 20, 2013
Iaz93: People are protesting for better things, this one is protesting for price of heineken. Carry sticks and leaves and march to Aso Rock na, so that you can be heard.

oga this is a democratic dispensation so he can say what so ever he wants to say....if u get better thing to talk make u talk am...shuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 20, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: In Houaton Heineken costs $3 for the small bottle and that's about four hundred and fifty naira for same size in Nigeria,so,I don't see any reason for a complaint.

It depends on where you go and the hour.. Ofcuz imported beer are more expensive
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Decryptor(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom: Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.
Guy! Heineken and Star no be mate! It's like saying iPhone5 and Nokia Asha should be sold for the same price.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by FulaniBOII(m): 6:44pm On May 20, 2013
okpara ugo:

See wetin beer don do your life. Smh

Pikin like dis boy don become drunkard. People dey protest bad leadership, you dey protest cost of beer.
grin cant stop laughing

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Iaz93: 6:45pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke
You're in a world of your own oh.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by tellwisdom: 6:45pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom: Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.

Shattap....Go and buy gulder or alomo bitter...Heineken is for men not for boiz angry....wished it was sold for 80,000 naira per bottle undecided
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by creativemusic: 6:46pm On May 20, 2013
for those who drink it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nightshift(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2013
The high cost could also be as a result of NB using a more expensive hops for the brewing of that particular brand. For example, beers brewed with the Tettnanger hops variety in Germany tend to be more expensive than beers brewed with Hallatauer hops . Does Heineken taste better than other Nigerian beer brands? Your votes please!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by omicron(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2013
Gradually posts on drinking and drunkards are fillin the fp. Is today world's drunkard day or sth? grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by AK481(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2013
Really!!!,but how did u come to the stat?
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Iaz93: 6:49pm On May 20, 2013
chelseabmw:

oga this is a democratic dispensation so he can say what so ever he wants to say....if u get better thing to talk make u talk am...shuuuuuu
okay! Oya face front
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by AK481(m): 6:49pm On May 20, 2013
Nightshift: The high cost could also be as a result of NB using a more expensive hops for the brewing of that particular brand. For example, beers brewed with the Tettnanger hops variety in Germany tend to be more expensive than beers brewed with Hallatauer hops . Does Heineken taste better than other Nigerian beer brands? Your votes please!

Nigerian brewery don't brew heineken!,it is being mixed in holland and bottled by nigerian brewery sir.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by lovejo(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke

Remember transfer pricing also, so they might be ripping customers off, but it is by choice to buy it.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by deor03(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2013
AK 48:

Nigerian brewery don't brew heineken!,it is being mixed in holland and bottled by nigerian brewery sir.

Are you sure? or this post na "beer induced post"
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by ehispapa(m): 6:53pm On May 20, 2013
you must be high on some weed OP, do you know how much i bought Heinekken in Asia last night? Abeg i miss naija that thing is fucking cheap in naija ...when i convert the money foe a bottle it was almost a thousand i think N960. Abeg no complain
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by ELgordo(m): 6:53pm On May 20, 2013
another dumb thread . . . . .SMH . . . . its a damn shame "
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Thermythorpe(f): 6:54pm On May 20, 2013
WTF cheesy

angry outrageous....
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nightshift(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2013
Could it also be due to the fact that Nigerians pronounce that Dutch word ' Heineken' miserably wrong? Before missiles start flying, it's a joke sha! grin grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 20, 2013
Mmadu111: U dónt expect them to sale at thesame price in nigeria due to differences in the cost of production of both countries. However, cost of production is very high in Nigeria that it poses difficulties for some firms to recoup their initial cost of investment.
the same lies we tell each other all the time
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nightshift(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2013
AK 48:

Perhaps the Dutch brewers are using more expensive hops then. It could be their premium brand, aka BMW or Mercedes-Benz of Dutch beers!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 20, 2013
Decryptor: Guy! Heineken and Star no be mate! It's like saying iPhone5 and Nokia Asha should be sold for the same price.
so what i the difference btw heiniken and star?
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 20, 2013
ELgordo: another dumb thread . . . . .SMH . . . . its a damn shame "
another dumb comment . what a shame
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by saintgwizard(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2013

Is like saying why not sell a designer shirt the same price as every other shirt in the market, since there are all shirts. The truth is in terms of profit, Heinken yields the least, that price is the least price possible. Heineken is a premium, world class brand. Not made with a recipe close to that of any beer brand in Nigeria. Is for a class of people.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by chimaaba22(m): 7:09pm On May 20, 2013
It depends on the area u are.Its 250 in most bars in SE.Abeg no be hotels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Photo: Wow! This Is An Amazing Exhibition Of Creativity In Baking / Nigerian Restaurants In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.