Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. (34326 Views)

The N27.8million Bottle Of Champagne Nigerians Buy In United Kingdom / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Taste Of Heineken Beer In Nigeria vs Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by saintgwizard(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2013
deor03:

Are you sure? or this post na "beer induced post"

Don't mind AK 48, Heineken in Nigeria is brewed in. Their Lagos and Ama breweries
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Vanpascore(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom:

Well, he almost did. But, i don't drink Heineken. My brand is GULDER. But it pisses me off when i see Nigerians paying as much as N400 for a bottle in some joints, while my Gulder or Star never goes beyond N250 in regular beer parlours. The point of the protest is that Heineken is ripping us of here in Nigeria. It was reported that profits made in Nigeria and Africa is helping to keep them afloat now.
Can you explain to me why it should sell for more than Star or Gulder, since they are all Lager beers.

Mods, move this to the front page. So that more Nigerians can protest. This is a PUBLIC SERVICE post.

must yu drink it Den y calling for protest here U think odas are like yu?? Ur palava jor!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by theripper2: 7:18pm On May 20, 2013
As long as e no affect Shine Shine Bobo price.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by bigbasho: 7:21pm On May 20, 2013
[quote auth ;Dor=Diasporan]@OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke[/quote]
Or Ababbio grin

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by killuminati(m): 7:28pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom: Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.
bros no be lie! Na by force to drink Harp!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Fussbot: 7:28pm On May 20, 2013
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Fussbot: 7:29pm On May 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by lorddarshwood(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2013
go to the airport,small bottle of heineken is being sold from 1000 naira upward or go to exotic hotels
Chinom:

Well, he almost did. But, i don't drink Heineken. My brand is GULDER. But it pisses me off when i see Nigerians paying as much as N400 for a bottle in some joints, while my Gulder or Star never goes beyond N250 in regular beer parlours. The point of the protest is that Heineken is ripping us of here in Nigeria. It was reported that profits made in Nigeria and Africa is helping to keep them afloat now.
Can you explain to me why it should sell for more than Star or Gulder, since they are all Lager beers.

Mods, move this to the front page. So that more Nigerians can protest. This is a PUBLIC SERVICE post.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2013
How much be Alomo
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Rockyheight: 7:42pm On May 20, 2013
My guy they are not selling with a gun to your head. If you can't afford It don't drink it.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Krinel(f): 7:44pm On May 20, 2013
For my area, view price list 4 beer; 33 #150, hero #200, star #200, gulder #200, heineken #250. So heineken is not 2 costly na #50 difference cheesy.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by tlops(m): 7:45pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke
Nah.. P.N Okeke wrote Physics textbook...I dont know of his economics book..

@OP. better joing grievances with Bash Ali
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by slap1(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2013
I nominate this post for the Funniest Post of The Day.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by AkpuNku2: 7:51pm On May 20, 2013
Krinel: For my area, view price list 4 beer; 33 #150, hero #200, star #200, gulder #200, heineken #250. So heineken is not 2 costly na #50 difference cheesy.

which one be hero again and how much is small stout and big ?
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 20, 2013
Diasporan: @OP haven't you heard of cost and factors of production?It varies from country to country so please go consult your Economics textbook by PN Okeke
Sorry here u got it wrong. If they are paying someone working here in europe 1,250 a month,that is more than 250,000 k, naira. so tell me who is working in Henk, Nigeria that they are paying more than 70,000 k. They are really making too much gain from Africa.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Ultimux: 8:08pm On May 20, 2013
Do people still drink beer? Here i was thinking they no longer exist smiley.
Anyway, i am more of wine and spirit person. Talk about Moet, Hennessy, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Amarula, Crème de Violette etc.
Beer is a no no for me. Start a campaign to reduce the price of wine and i will be the first to volunteer.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by UncleJJ(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2013
Ultimux: Do people still drink beer? Here i was thinking they no longer exist smiley.
Anyway, i am more of wine and spirit person. Talk about Moet, Hennessy, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Amarula, Crème de Violette etc.
Beer is a no no for me. Start a campaign to reduce the price of wine and i will be the first to volunteer.

Oboy, the chick who said heineken is 250 in her area... abeg can i pay you a visit. Chineke....

I buy heineken 450 - 600 in my area. Which level..... nothing spoil though, not a heavy drinker !

Bros... spirit's - my uncle goes and comes from N.Y like notha ... spirits abound in our house (original version) but, prefer lager... their just something about the taste, the way it foams in your mouth.

And, if you get good bar man, tell the guy to give you a tumbler ( that big orobo glass). Pour chilled heineken into that tumbler, let the brew settle for some second's... it's heaven.

And, i subscribe to the school of thought, ALWAYS CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL... but, wine is ok... as long as it's not fake d.p e.t.c
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Bsmartt(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2013
more than 60% of candidates that did the UTME failed and over 80% of our dear graduates are unemployed u did not encourage us to protest but because of the beer that is not even encouraging the youths in naija...u are now disturbed.my broda please wake-up
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Sike(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2013
Originalsly: You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?
Gbayi jor!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 20, 2013
okpara ugo:

See wetin beer don do your life. Smh

Pikin like dis boy don become drunkard. People dey protest bad leadership, you dey protest cost of beer.
What a shame: for me I don't drink n what does that concerned me
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Diasporan(m): 8:42pm On May 20, 2013
Allohrandy: PN Okeke is a physics test-book and not an Economics text book. grin grin grin
I nor follow una read am na how i won take know?Thanks for the correction bro

1 Like

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Izz9111: 8:44pm On May 20, 2013
Please we should stop missleading the public,where did you get ur information. I drank for €4 in Paris which is about #800.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2013
saintgwizard:

Is like saying why not sell a designer shirt the same price as every other shirt in the market, since there are all shirts. The truth is in terms of profit, Heinken yields the least, that price is the least price possible. Heineken is a premium, world class brand. Not made with a recipe close to that of any beer brand in Nigeria. Is for a class of people.

No designer shirts are made in Nigeria. Heineken is bottled right here in Nigeria at 9th mile corner, Enugu. There is no reason i can think of why it should sell for more than Star Lager beer. They just played on the mentality of Nigerians who have this urge to show off. Like "look at me, i'm drinking Heineken".
They want to rip us off by creating a class distinction that should not be there. It's one of the commonest beer in the world. There's nothing exclusive about Heineken.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2013
fckyourman: So because of .50 cents you dey complain. Don't you know it's imported good.

Pls reason well

Mumu, imported from where ?!. It's brewed right here in Naija. You must be living in Peckham or Walthamstow.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by SwitnessA(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2013
So what! Hw e tk concern we wey no de drink.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by NOIBMUUL(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2013
I once bought a cold bottle of Heineken for N270! It's d seller not the company.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by UnimkeAk(m): 8:58pm On May 20, 2013
Heineken can go for a thousand bucks don't care.
Hate beer, Lord my tongue doesn't jst go wif the taste esp. Star Larger.
I do allota Wines, f ine spirits "no be ghost"grin grin, whiskys, brandy.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by atuagbo: 9:12pm On May 20, 2013
fckyourman: So because of .50 cents you dey complain. Don't you know it's imported good.

Pls reason well

Point of correct, its been brew and pack here in Nigeria by NB
Not imported goods
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Lexusgs430: 9:13pm On May 20, 2013
You would almost have a heart attack, when you visit the balcony bar @ shoprite alausa, niteclubs, restaurants, joints on Awolowo road etc etc etc
That sells a bottle of beer (all brands) for N1,200 !!!!!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by crackhouse(m): 9:14pm On May 20, 2013
i bought Heineken 200naira somewhere in the eastern Nigeria, so anybody that sold it for 350naira to you actually ripped you off. i know you can get it for 350naira in abuja but that one is understandable
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by dnawah(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2013

Pls reason well
CAPITAL LIE,the product is under nigeria breweries,the bottles r made in nigeria.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chregor(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2013
Why are female folks skipping this thread nah?
Walai ! For my area, girls with all sort of threats uses this brand to suck & sap money out of my desperate dudes.
Now dey no wanna talk, b*tch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Nigerian Restaurants In London / This Season(20% off ) MOBOJHUB Affordable Big Live Snails!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.