Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. (34330 Views)

The N27.8million Bottle Of Champagne Nigerians Buy In United Kingdom / World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / Taste Of Heineken Beer In Nigeria vs Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by brightnelly(f): 9:29pm On May 20, 2013
Onyema1: Yes, I agree with you. AND the tiny glass they use in measuring kai-kai should also be reviewed upwards. How can one get only that tiny thing for N20? It is ridiculous. And you have to take at least 5 shots to come up a bit. Na wao!!!!

LMFAO
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 20, 2013
edited
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by uzoexcel(m): 10:02pm On May 20, 2013
guy for which europe??itz much cheaper in naija than anywhere else...in d uk, itz almost 3pounds which is equivalent to 750 naira...even the guiness here is just 4percent and its sold for 3pounds50 which is like 900 naira and it doesnt even make u guy...what i would guve to get a naija small stout for 250naira!!!!!!!
Chinom: Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 10:12pm On May 20, 2013
uzoexcel: guy for which europe??itz much cheaper in naija than anywhere else...in d uk, itz almost 3pounds which is equivalent to 750 naira...even the guiness here is just 4percent and its sold for 3pounds50 which is like 900 naira and it doesnt even make u guy...what i would guve to get a naija small stout for 250naira!!!!!!!

UK na Europe ?! Everything in UK is more expensive than in other parts of Europe. Besides in UK< Heineken is truely imported. At least it has to go across the North Sea to enter UK.
In Nigeria, it's a local brew. Funny enough Heineken owns a sizeable chunk of both Star and Gulder. WHY THE DISCRIMINATION.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by werlay(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2013
Lmao... @OP, out of all the problems wey dey naija na this one dey pain you pass?
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Chinom(m): 10:20pm On May 20, 2013
werlay: Lmao... @OP, out of all the problems wey dey naija na this one dey pain you pass?

Yea !! because i hate PRETENTIOUS shyte. We dey allow Oyibo to ride us too much.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by tonididdy(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom:

Well, he almost did. But, i don't drink Heineken. My brand is GULDER. But it pisses me off when i see Nigerians paying as much as N400 for a bottle in some joints, while my Gulder or Star never goes beyond N250 in regular beer parlours. The point of the protest is that Heineken is ripping us of here in Nigeria. It was reported that profits made in Nigeria and Africa is helping to keep them afloat now.
Can you explain to me why it should sell for more than Star or Gulder, since they are all Lager beers.

Mods, move this to the front page. So that more Nigerians can protest. This is a PUBLIC SERVICE post.
i buy your same brand gulder for N500 in some joints...em VVIP joints to be precise...
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by fallingsky(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2013
Chinom: Why should a bottle of Heineken cost between Euro 1.50 and Euro 1.75 in Nigeria, while you can get one big bottle for less than Euro 1 in many parts of Europe and the USA. Ok, i know you cannot buy crates from most Nigeria shops, but still, i think the price is way too high.

Why can't they sell it for between N220 and N250 like Star and Gulder. Why N350?. Please lodge your protest here. Heineken should sell for the same price as Star Lager beer..Chikena.

if u dont hav money to buy, drink coke.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by rali123(f): 10:46pm On May 20, 2013
That way cheap, the cheapest have seen is 500, it sold 600 where I buy drinks. It even 3£plus in UK
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Aksally(m): 10:59pm On May 20, 2013
Lexusgs430: You would almost have a heart attack, when you visit the balcony bar @ shoprite alausa, niteclubs, restaurants, joints on Awolowo road etc etc etc
That sells a bottle of beer (all brands) for N1,200 !!!!!

When a graduate is behind the counter at these shops collecting salaries
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by mesther96(f): 11:16pm On May 20, 2013
me sef wan protest,coke 50cl don 2 cost,hw e go sel dt smal bottle 70nairaeve sef na 20,aw nursery skul studnts go buy

hisses....moves 2 d nxt thread...
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by hisswagness: 12:43am On May 21, 2013
Dis thread wil nt lower d sellin price. If u can't afford it,stick 2 wat u can afford...shey afta u go print out all d pages of dis thread go gv heineken abi? Vewi soon,u'l b complainin abt d price of weed. @op
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by toffinc: 3:18am On May 21, 2013
DJDOLA: Nothing we no go hear for nigeria..bokoharam is killing u are complaining of high cost of beer...

It is true our people were killed by bokoharam, Can you tell me what can we do? Go fighting or flee away?
Do you mean we should keep off beer because of terrorist?
No sense
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by InvertedHammer: 4:59am On May 21, 2013
OP THIS IS FOR YOU BROS

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by victorv12(m): 5:53am On May 21, 2013
In capital bar at Hilton, they sell the big bottle for 1.300, while the small bottle is sold for 1.000...Sic!
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by nwifel01: 6:57am On May 21, 2013
guy you can jump inside Kendricks lamars swimming pool.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by joxiri: 7:25am On May 21, 2013
Very true the beer is absolute crap, very light nonsense, once again we are being exploited cos they feel its an imported beer fact is its not a very popular beer in europe anyways
It shouldn't cost that much if only stella artois could be retailed in nigeria, heineken will go out of business
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by stunna2(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2013
When I buy a pack of 6 here at a liquor store, it cost me N350 per bottle, but if I buy 1 bottle in a bar, it cost about N1000.

So, it not too bad over there in Naija.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by greall1: 7:44am On May 21, 2013
weting be ur own

okpara ugo:

See wetin beer don do your life. Smh

Pikin like dis boy don become drunkard. People dey protest bad leadership, you dey protest cost of beer.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by autchman144(m): 7:50am On May 21, 2013
Originalsly: You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?
lol
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by leocentury2001(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2013
Thanks......
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by OlaPhils(m): 8:33am On May 21, 2013
to drink poison with #350, na waoo
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by plainmirror(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2013
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I
drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass
& think about the workers in the brewery and all
of their hopes & dreams. If I didn't drink this
beer, they might be out of work & their dreams
would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is
better that I drink this beer & let their dreams
come true than to be selfish and worry about my
liver.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by ElCaballa(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2013
My brother,with one small bottle of ALOMO BITTERS(N300) and one wrap of igbo,u ll be stoned for the rest of the day.A crate of Heineken cannot be compared to the heavenly feelings you ll derive from igbo and alomo combined.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by obasi1(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2013
Illuminati drink...thats why is going high and will continue going up more than others
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Nobody: 11:42am On May 21, 2013
The price at which u buy alcohol for will differ depending on where u are buying it...I noticed some clubs sell one bottle of alcohol at the price u wld buy a 6pack of the same alcohol in a normal liquor store
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by blackbeau1(f): 11:53am On May 21, 2013
who send you make you drink am? is it a do or die affair? if you cant afford it, switch to the brand you can afford. ah ah! i cant afford to buy milo, so i kukuma buy lipton or cowbell choco grin
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Dagoma: 12:12pm On May 21, 2013
May the bottle be 1000 naira before the end of this year.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by sweetgala(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2013

My local off-licence in dublin sell a bottle for €1.25 so that's not much in Nigeria. I can just go to tesco to get a 6 pack for €12
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by zaragoza(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2013
depends on where u buy it. Heineken still sells for 250 in some places.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by MrKinkey: 8:40pm On May 21, 2013
Originalsly: You protest against a product by not buying it. Did your doctor prescribe Heineken?

You bleeping ignoramus! How do you think great change happens? Is it not by consumer protest and action that a company will be forced to stop an unpouplar policy and such will have a domino effect on that whole industry and perhaps spread to other non-related products, giving more weight to the voice of every consumer and stop companies from forcing down our collective throat any ignoble policy?

And if that sounds unimaginable to you, check out this site:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-11-01/business/35283242_1_overdraft-fees-debit-banks

You, dear 'commenter' are a myopic Arrow who does not see beyond his nose.
Re: The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. by Tafugo: 9:28pm On May 21, 2013
Do you know how much diesel NBL usese every day of production? Hence the cost of the premium beer in Nigeria .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Nigerian Restaurants In London / This Season(20% off ) MOBOJHUB Affordable Big Live Snails!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.