Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? (3539 Views)

Can You Wash Your Mum's/dad's Underwears? (gusy/girls) / For The LADIES: Do You Wash Your Undies While Bathing. / Ladies Can You Wash Your Husband Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2013
eagle,eye:
see question ohh...... me wey never marry and babes dey come my house dey wash my cloth. So if I settle for any of these babes who has been helping me out with laundry and cooking, the babe go come dey form say she no fit wash again?
Op, if you are anything like me, you will not date the type of your lodge girls.
Which one be bring woman come house to suffer?
washing now equates to suffering?
For her pale house she no dey wash cloth?
Abeg make I hear.

You real African man... No mind them... that's why there are divorcees here and there because women have forgotten their responsibilities when God created them.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by eagleeye2: 9:27am On May 18, 2013
kulyie: and thats one of the numerous reasons a single lady needs to use her common sense by not jumping into the bandwagon of the mrs club by empowering herself economically and otherwise before saying i do because its bad enough leaving my father house where i am comfortable

kulyie, please you need a re-orientation in life. I have seen ladies who got married to a financially up-standing guys only for their husbands to go from one financial misfortune to another.
You talk about being financially equipped yourself. How long will you be happy to carry the financially burden of your marital home and not feel the need to slight the man?
Ok. Even if you are financially capable, are you the one who will buy the washing machine and take it to the laundry for ironing (assuming hubby refuses to buy one)?
Babe, little things causes big friction in marriage, and that is why marriage is a union of compromises.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by eagleeye2: 9:36am On May 18, 2013
Wait ohhh..... Shey na me go come dey beg wifey to wash my clothes (and maybe cook my food)?
Does she have to beg me before I do my manly duties?(Provide shelter, money for feeding, allowance for clothing and general up-keep). What the hell is all these feminist bull,shi,t?
Of what use is my wife, if I have to beg her to do every little thing? Maybe one day the feminist will also come and tell me that it's not my wife's duty to have s,ex with me.
To hell with all these crap, my woman will enjoy her marital home but the day she comes up with feminist ideologies, then We have to check for the expiry date on our marriag certificate.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:41am On May 18, 2013
Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one ironing even the kids uniform because she is in no shape to attend to that??
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by eagleeye2: 9:53am On May 18, 2013
byvan: A woman being independent is good but that doesn't mean that if you find who you want to marry at a younger age,you shouldnt marry because you want to be independent first .

Seriously,being independent does not make a man respect a woman,a man who has no respect for you will not suddenly develop it because you are independent.independence will only help you move on when the going goes Awry.

Chai........ A Million Likes for this post.
So in the "feminist" view theyy think a man (especially one has achieved his dreams) will respect you more than he aught to bcause you have got some cash or class.
Balderdash....... It is only a man with INFERIORITY COMPLEX that will respect a woman more because she has got cash or class.
Thank God that there are still some us (men) who strive as hard as possible to be able to go out there and get our daily living, no matter how small.
So if my wife got more money and social status than me it will make me less of a man and she more of a woman....sighs. Feminist ideologies will only work for the WEAK men out there, a man with dignity will always hold his head high any day anywhere.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by eagleeye2: 9:59am On May 18, 2013
byvan: Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one ironing even the kids uniform because she is in no shape to attend to that??
Byvan, I do ironing always and I do my laundry myself (because I am still single). If my wife is indisposed, why won't I help out with house chores (including washing the dishes).
But for a woman to come up with feminist ideology that because she is not a slave or because she does not do laundry in her father's house, then she will not do my laundry is not acceptable. If you know you do not do laundries in your parents house, please indicate before we go further..... I will very gladly leave you in your parents house for another man who can accept your feminist ideologies.
But if you want to marry me, be prepared to be the woman and my help mate.
I WILL DO GOOD BY MY WIFE, and she will also submit as a wife aught to. Anything other than that and we will be reconsidering our union...
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 18, 2013
Yes,you made a lot of sense now. I have fully grasped your point,i doubt if any woman will out rightly refuse to help her hubby do his washing,couples should be able to relieve each other every now and then.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 11:38am On May 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

kulyie, please you need a re-orientation in life. I have seen ladies who got married to a financially up-standing guys only for their husbands to go from one financial misfortune to another.
You talk about being financially equipped yourself. How long will you be happy to carry the financially burden of your marital home and not feel the need to slight the man?
Ok. Even if you are financially capable, are you the one who will buy the washing machine and take it to the laundry for ironing (assuming hubby refuses to buy one)?
Babe, little things causes big friction in marriage, and that is why marriage is a union of compromises.
thats one of the reasons i said a woman needs to be financially stable because its bad enough that life is not predictable.it goes up and down so if things are not going well for the man there is nothing wrong when the woman supports however with utmost HUMILITY.not when a woman is financially undeveloped and is still relying on the husband.what if things go wrong for the husband.thats when she will be running to her fathers house and be saying dady my husband just lost his job,we dont have food in our house,i need so so naira to pay juniours school fees,and all that nonsense.a woman needs to be economically strong for the sake of herself first and her marriage,thats all or is there anything wrong about that?

Meanwhile if mr kulyie refuses to buy one on account of money,ma lo ro o,i will get it MYSELF because i cannot compromise on my convenience and comfort.marriage is supposed to be enjoyed not endured.i know there will be hard times that can come in any form but a woman has to secure herself
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 11:59am On May 18, 2013
eagle,eye:

Byvan, I do ironing always and I do my laundry myself (because I am still single). If my wife is indisposed, why won't I help out with house chores (including washing the dishes).
But for a woman to come up with feminist ideology that because she is not a slave or because she does not do laundry in her father's house, then she will not do my laundry is not acceptable. If you know you do not do laundries in your parents house, please indicate before we go further..... I will very gladly leave you in your parents house for another man who can accept your feminist ideologies.
But if you want to marry me, be prepared to be the woman and my help mate.
I WILL DO GOOD BY MY WIFE, and she will also submit as a wife aught to. Anything other than that and we will be reconsidering our union...
yes,agreed a woman is supposed to be a help mate and not a liability,i dont see anything wrong in washing your partners cloth but his manner of approach matters.he can say kulyie pleasew help me wash those clothes and iron them,i might wear any of them as opposed to woman wash those clothes.if i love my husband why wont i do it AS LONG AS HE TALKS TO ME RESPECTFULLY OR WITH COURTESY AND NOT WITH COMMANDING TONE.i wash my parents cloths and their undies for them,i iron it before folding it into their wardrobe.they dont ask me to do it,i do it because i owe them one.if they ask me to take the clothes to the laundary,i will personally wash it myself and leave the money under the pillow. so i dont see anything wrong in doing it for your man as long as he treats you with respect.the only reason why i will use a washing machine or a laundary is if there is no time to do that or i am tired.there is nothing like feminism in marriage,ideally feminists are not supposed to be married,that is their principle especially radical feminists but liberal feminists marry albeit they have to play their own role of the wife but not allowing themselves get subject to degradement all in the name of pleasing the man or domestic abuse,you get.my mom is a feminist herself but she teaches/emphasizes on respecting your man as long as it does not affect your dignity as a woman
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by chioma134: 6:21pm On May 18, 2013
Nothing wrong with washing ur spouse's clothes. I wash for my husband,he also washes for me. Infact,he does most of d washing,anyway. But I have a problem with this poster for d way you put it. Your wife is not your slave. Don't say my wife must wash for me,it's not by force but borne out of love.
I know a woman whose husband went about the neighbourhood complaining that she refuses to wash his clothes. But d man was jobless,and did absolutely no chores in d home,and waited to be served by a woman who slaved all day at work to provide for d family,and then came home to take care of little kids,with no househelp. Was it too much a task for the man to at least wash his own clothes? I tire for African men.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by toofine765: 8:37pm On May 18, 2013
When we initially got wedded I use to do the washing while he did the ironing but as the years rolled in, children came along and work schedule became more demanding he told me to stop and started taking the clothes to the launderer. All in all there is nothing wrong in washing for your hubby, I see it in the same light as cooking for him.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 19, 2013
The truth is,washing generally is tiring!hubby's clothes na small matter.what of d kids that can change up to 3 times a day?thank God for washing machine.a neccesity in every home.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Gboliwe: 10:18am On May 19, 2013
Washing clothes has always been fun for me. It won't be a problem around me.
In a home where the wife finds it tiring, please, get a washing machine and or use a drycleaner. It shouldn't cause trouble
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by bebe2(f): 4:38pm On May 19, 2013
We all agree its not somuch the chores its the way ur hubby ask/command u to do it.

Men shud learn to appreciate, my hubby comes home and I have made stew n soup. First thing he says " eh honey u try o, na today u cook all these? Waooo which means u ve been busy since, doh (kpele in benin slang) make I help u change the kids clothes. 2mrw before he gets back from work I willl gladly make moi-moi (his favourite food) and jollof rice for him becos I enjoy being praised even God enjoys it.

My point is try to appreciate. If I wash ur clothes, iron them, fold them for wardrobe u come see am, u no make any comment, no thank u. U think say na magic d clothes take reach there? Next time I no go touch am, hence where the phrase " I no be ur slave" comes in.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2013
bebe2: We all agree its not somuch the chores its the way ur hubby ask/command u to do it.

Men shud learn to appreciate, my hubby comes home and I have made stew n soup. First thing he says " eh honey u try o, na today u cook all these? Waooo which means we ve been busy since, doh (kpele in benin slang) make I help u change the kids clothes. 2mrw before he gets back from work I willl gladly make moi-moi (his favourite food) and jollof rice for him becos I enjoy being praised even God enjoys it.

My point is try to appreciate. If I wash ur clothes, iron them, fold them for wardrobe u come see am, u no make any comment, no thank u. U think say na magic d clothes take reach there? Next time I no go touch am, hence where the phrase " I no be ur slave" comes in.
you are really a Good woman. God bless the womb that gave birth to you.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by bebe2(f): 8:53pm On May 19, 2013
okwutency: you are really a Good woman. God bless the womb that gave birth to you.

grin thanks bro, pls can I have that in a certificate. grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 12:08am On May 20, 2013
^^ I have a trophy ( Best wife) , it's all yours if you don't mind grin
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 12:09am On May 20, 2013
Yes...... with the freaking washing machine and dryer
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Daresh(f): 12:55pm On May 20, 2013
byvan: Has it ever occurred to you that you might be the one ironing even the kids uniform because she is in no shape to attend to that??

That is ehn! My Oga takes that one as his job, ironing school uniform. Even when we had made, dem 2 go to struggle to iron school uniform.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2013
bebe2:

grin thanks bro, pls can I have that in a certificate. grin
I wish i had one to give you...but only God's Cert is the best.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 20, 2013
taryour:

And when there is no cash to get the washing machine nko?wunt she wash her hubby cloths before they get a machine??
@op yes its the woman duty to keep her hubby clothes clean at all times, I did my hubby laundry including mine and my sons before I got a washing machine. All fingers aint equal so not every family can afford all this washing machine,dish washer,vacuum cleaners,e.t.c. Every woman should know her matrimonial duties before getting married to avoid unwanted and unreasonable trouble.
I just pity all this young single ladies who think marriage is forever smooth with constant flow of cash.
it's not the woman's duty.she can do it out of love,but it's not her sole responsibility.women like u follow dey spoils show for us.abi the woman no get work?in this 21 century.anyway it can be a woman's duty if she's a housewife

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 20, 2013
bebe2: We all agree its not somuch the chores its the way ur hubby ask/command u to do it.

Men shud learn to appreciate, my hubby comes home and I have made stew n soup. First thing he says " eh honey u try o, na today u cook all these? Waooo which means u ve been busy since, doh (kpele in benin slang) make I help u change the kids clothes. 2mrw before he gets back from work I willl gladly make moi-moi (his favourite food) and jollof rice for him becos I enjoy being praised even God enjoys it.

exactly.some men have no sense of appreciation.most women especially when in love enjoy doing stuff for their lovers/husbands.I do too.but u see the men who come in and act like they don't even see any changes.SMH.and u expect the woman to keep labouring day in and out?mtchew
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 20, 2013
chioma134: Nothing wrong with washing ur spouse's clothes. I wash for my husband,he also washes for me. Infact,he does most of d washing,anyway. But I have a problem with this poster for d way you put it. Your wife is not your slave. Don't say my wife must wash for me,it's not by force but borne out of love.
I know a woman whose husband went about the neighbourhood complaining that she refuses to wash his clothes. But d man was jobless,and did absolutely no chores in d home,and waited to be served by a woman who slaved all day at work to provide for d family,and then came home to take care of little kids,with no househelp. Was it too much a task for the man to at least wash his own clothes? I tire for African men.
GBAM!
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 20, 2013
eagle,eye:
Wait ohhh..... Shey na me go come dey beg wifey to wash my clothes (and maybe cook my food)?
Does she have to beg me before I do my manly duties?(Provide shelter, money for feeding, allowance for clothing and general up-keep). What the hell is all these feminist bull,shi,t?
Of what use is my wife, if I have to beg her to do every little thing? Maybe one day the feminist will also come and tell me that it's not my wife's duty to have s,ex with me.
To hell with all these crap, my woman will enjoy her marital home but the day she comes up with feminist ideologies, then We have to check for the expiry date on our marriag certificate.
so s,ex is a duty? SMH.u and others like you need to have a mental reset. Cos the moment u put s,ex as a duty for her to perform,that's d day u lose the pleasure that comes with intimacy in marriage.u may not know that immediately.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 20, 2013
eagle,eye:
see question ohh...... me wey never marry and babes dey come my house dey wash my cloth. So if I settle for any of these babes who has been helping me out with laundry and cooking, the babe go come dey form say she no fit wash again?
Op, if you are anything like me, you will not date the type of your lodge girls.
Which one be bring woman come house to suffer?
washing now equates to suffering?
For her pale house she no dey wash cloth?
Abeg make I hear.
kudos to you and the village girls coming to seek attention in ur nutshell of a house.at least I appreciate your honesty in admitting that u are a womanizer.
okwutency:

You real African man... No mind them... that's why there are divorcees here and there because women have forgotten their responsibilities when God created them.
as for you,I don't really have anything to tell you.from your words,you're still a student,living in the hostel with nothing to call your own and you're looking for a woman to enslave.who know what you'll be like when you've made millions.SMH.
Anyway you still have a long way to go.hope you learn in time

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by bebe2(f): 9:21pm On May 20, 2013
grin grin yes pls.
*trophy accepted*
I want to use this opportunity to thank my mum, dad and my gorgeous husband for being patient with me while I was learning to be a good wife.

And for that I dedicate this song to u # u r still the one # by Shania twain.
Love u loads, xxxxx

wink wink

jidegirl12: ^^ I have a trophy ( Best wife) , it's all yours if you don't mind grin
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 20, 2013
^^^ awww wipes crocodile tears away * sniff* grin grin
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by baby124: 4:02am On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

Guy, try buy washing machine ok. Costs about sixty thousand naira and your wife will have more time to spend with you in bed. Think of the investment and the potential return. She will be tired less often and you can spend that time doing whatever you like.
grin
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by maclatunji: 11:38am On May 21, 2013
It is up to every potential couple to sort this out. However, from my own beliefs, it is not the job of the wife to wash the husband's clothes. If she decides to do it, it should be counted as an act of affection not a duty. You do things for the ones you love because doing them gives you a certain degree of personal satisfaction as well.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by ifyude(f): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
@ vera nally sorry for you the day the spell will fall off from his eyes is the day he will bundle you back to ur papa house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will I Be Born If My Dad Had Married Another Woman? / How To Make A Homemade Pepper Spray / New Arrival Of Our Beautiful 3D Wallpaper @2800 per roll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.