Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? (810 Views)

FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / 3 Weeks Of Uninterrupted Electricity In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by unclebros: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2008
Sincerely speaking, do you guys think that we can ever achieve 24hrs ?? did i say just say 24 hr? pls i meant 15hrs of uninterrupted power supply in this country?

with all these corruption that is defrauding our national economy, pls post your views
thanks
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by FMK(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
unclebros:

Sincerely speaking, do you guys think that we can ever achieve 24hrs ?? did i say just say 24 hr? please i meant 15hrs of uninterrupted power supply in this country?

with all these corruption that is defrauding our national economy, please post your views
thanks

interruption of  elect  is due to maintenance and no  constant  change of the equipment  Country like Nigeria  could not endure this Kind of gap
but if you need  uninterptd,   DRC  got  the Most pontential  Hydro-Electric  central  24/24   if  you can work in this way  i think you will get your Dream,
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by BigB11(m): 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2008
Privatization will give a decent and logical meaning to our dream.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2008
@Poster, Are you sure the system is still corrupt or that things have improved tremendously and it may be just that you are too much of a "Pessimist" to see it?? Honest question
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by bawomolo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, Are you sure the system is still corrupt or that things have improved tremendously and it may be just that you are too much of a "Pessimist" to see it?? Honest question

stop being pessimistic, just watch and pray cool cool
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by TheSly: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2008
see who's talking about prayer oooooo
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by bawomolo(m): 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2008
amin amin l'oruko jesus. e gboluwa logogoro, ogogoro cool
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by oruwe: 1:12am On Apr 25, 2008
Dat question ought to be directed to BABA IYABO for Otta. Abi u no hear say UNCLE SEGE don steal all the money wey dem budget to improve electricity for our country during his 2 terms tenure? UMORU wey dey make mouth wen he first enter say he want declare WAR for ENERGY sector FIT TALK AGAIN? UMORU no know where he go for start now?Ask am he don confuse unless he no want talk true as a good muslim.U no talk of 10 hours u dey talk of a whole 15 hours.U funny o.U dey ask question as if say u never hear how BABA IYABO don spoil ground for energy sector?BO, it can never happen for our generation with the kind of people I dey see for Federal now. Na who dey there now?Just dey pray make GOD give us good leaders not this yanmayanma jangbajangba set of people wey take do or die election enter Government.Anyway TRIBUNAL dey show them out small small.But them plenty o.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Apr 25, 2008
Aren't you ashamed that even a year after he has left office, you continue to go on and on about what he did and did not do when it comes to Nigeria and current situation?? I mean this is becoming more and more of bitter rants than actual logical debating. OBJ did what he did, he is freaking gone, just like the many others before him. When he was there, I am guessing many of you were kissing his rump and now that he is gone, you want to pretend that you never were for him so we can think you are telling the truth?? GET OVER YOURSELVES already. Obasanjo has come and without even needing to pull the rug over your heads, used you all for pick-sticks. GET OVER it and start working with the one that is there right now to ensure there is no repeat. JEEEZZZZ
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by oruwe: 3:26am On Apr 25, 2008
Count me out. Do u mean we should forget about how OBJ looted the public treasury under the pretext that he wanted to improve electricity generation in the country and concentrate on Yardua?. Definitely I as a true Nigerian will not subscribe to such an idea. I will continue to talk about his criminal activities until he is brought to book.With the available evidence, if he is charged to court, 10 of TIMI THE LAW of the blessed memory cannot get him an acquital in the law court. I do know from impeccable sources what OBJ did in the Power sector for the 8 years that would make a 15hrs uninterrupted electricity supply in Nigeria pratically impossible unless certain steps are taking to correct the mess he left.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 3:33am On Apr 25, 2008
oruwe:

Count me out. Do u mean we should forget about how OBJ looted the public treasury under the pretext that he want to improve electricity generation in the country and concentrate on Yardua. Definitely I as a true Nigerian will not subscribe to such an idea. I will continue to talk about his criminal activities until he is brought to book.With the available evidence, if he is charged to court, 10 of TIMI THE LAW of the blessed memory cannot get him an acquital in the law court. I do know from impeccable sources what OBJ did in the Power sector for the 8 years that would make a 15hrs uninterrupted electricity supply in Nigeria pratically impossible unless certain steps are taking to correct the mess he left.

I think it is high time every Nigerian started considering the shame in all of us having to sit down, year by year, month by month, day by day, watching as people come in, play the same tactics on us, steal money away from us under one pretext or another, and all we do at the end of the day is whine and bicker about how this and that did so and so and got away with it.

Obasanjo is walking talk and free right there and not a single nigerian has actually decided to sue him or anything but we have more of you folks coming in here to fume in the mouth while the current administration is busy working on plans that are not even transparent to you all. The country is continuing to be run like some top secret program and the people practically have no idea what to expect next. The house sits all day bickering and spending the countries money and how much progress have we seen? I am guessing chances are 4 years from now, people like you will come into Nairaland to fume in the mouth about how they did this and that while you sat there with your eyes pinned on that which is past. Do you really think you are actually read for change/a better life or are we all just people who actually deserve what we have gotten so far?? I mean think about it for a minute. You here ranting and not even out demanding the present government do something about it and at the same time open up it's own books so the same is not repeated. What good do you really doing to yourself, your family and even the nation as a whole coming in here to rant about the past that you are not really willing to do much about
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by oruwe: 4:27am On Apr 25, 2008
It is the State that is constitutionally empowered to prosecute any person that have committed a crime. An individual can only prosecute if the State refused to do so after obtaining a Fiat from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice.Meanwhile, there is a Panel of Inquiry going on now in the Senate on the billion of Naira spent on power sector by OBJ government without positive result. And any true Nigerian will not SHUT UP on the damaging revelations of PURE looting of the public tresury by OBJ and his men. It is after the submission of the report and steps are not taking to prosecute those found to have a case to answer before I can initiate private prosecution proceedings against those that I evidence against.So hold your peace till then.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by oruwe: 4:29am On Apr 25, 2008
It is the State  that is constitutionally empowered to prosecute any person that  have committed a crime. An individual can only prosecute if the State refused to do so after obtaining a Fiat from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice.Meanwhile, there is a Panel of Inquiry going on now in the Senate on the billion of Naira spent on power sector by OBJ government without positive result. And any true Nigerian will not SHUT UP on the damaging revelations of PURE looting of the public treasury by OBJ and his men. It is after the submission of the report and if steps are not taking to prosecute those found to have a case to answer before I can initiate private prosecution proceedings against those that I have evidence against.So hold your peace till then.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by TopBooty(f): 6:36am On Apr 25, 2008
How many people have the so called electricity in DRC, Cameroun and even Ghana? Electricity is a luxury in those countries and the bills are as high as what is obtainable in the west. Privatisation will be a good step towards alleviating our power woes but are the Nigerian citizens ready to pay the difference when the bills start coming?
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by dayokanu(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2008
Yes we can have 6 months uninterrupted BLACKOUT in Nigeria tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 10:49am On Apr 25, 2008
oruwe:

It is the State that is constitutionally empowered to prosecute any person that have committed a crime. An individual can only prosecute if the State refused to do so after obtaining a Fiat from the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister for Justice.Meanwhile, there is a Panel of Inquiry going on now in the Senate on the billion of Naira spent on power sector by OBJ government without positive result. And any true Nigerian will not SHUT UP on the damaging revelations of PURE looting of the public treasury by OBJ and his men. It is after the submission of the report and if steps are not taking to prosecute those found to have a case to answer before I can initiate private prosecution proceedings against those that I have evidence against.So hold your peace till then.

A panel of inquiry into the power sector issue is not a panel of inquiry into Obasanjo's government itself and with the history of things in that nation, it is likely companies and persons other than OBJ will end up being slapped with some fine or penalty. I love the way you have conveniently created an excuse for your inactivity in this by claiming that an individual can only prosecute the state. Obasanjo is not the federal government anymore, why are you not demanding that the current government go after him and not just his dealings in the power sector??

I love the way you come up with your idea of what any true Nigerian will do basically sealing your coming in here to WHINE to us all over and over about your issues with a man who is right now walking free and large with you all there. Do you really think you are a true Nigerian cause you are able to WHINE and NAG the rest of us?? I particularly love the way you have basically made even more excuses for yourself with the statement in bold. I am sure your folks are proud of you for sounding exactly like the ones you claim you "WILL" go after when pigs fly, LMAO!!
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2008
TopBooty:

How many people have the so called electricity in DRC, Cameroun and even Ghana? Electricity is a luxury in those countries and the bills are as high as what is obtainable in the west. Privatisation will be a good step towards alleviating our power woes but are the Nigerian citizens ready to pay the difference when the bills start coming?

An average of $35 bucks a month for 24/7 uninterrupted electricity is too HIGH for Nigeria??
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by idupaul: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2008
PLS THIS THREAD SHOULD BE MOVED TO THE JOKE SECTION, THE TOPIC IS SO FUNNY
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Apr 26, 2008
@Poster, you do not need to wait for Nigeria to have 15 hours of Uninterrupted Electricity supply. With oil prices as high as they are now, you may need to start considering Solar panels. Sun energy is still free and in abundance in Nigeria.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by wendymanda: 5:33am On Apr 26, 2008
Nigerian government should invest in solar energy. Oh yeah am talking about the Nigerian government never mind. The Nigerian people should begin investing in solar energy that is the only way NEPA will give us our pride back.
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by TheSly: 5:38am On Apr 26, 2008
UP Nepa!!!!!!!! grin

Tsew!!!!!!!! Crazy people. . . . they would give one a heart attack if one is not careful. . .
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by hamson4u: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2008
who say we can not have 15hrs uninterrupted power supply? very much possible but until 2050. smiley
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 27, 2008
lol! am already having 15 hrs in my area.oh ye of no faith
Re: Can Nigeria Ever Have 15hrs Uninterrupted Electricity Supply? by idupaul: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2008
lol! am already having 15 hrs in my area.oh ye of no faith

pls where do u stay so I can move there grin

(1) (Reply)

No Mercy. / . / The Re-branding Nigeria Hullabaloo: What Are We Re-branding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.