Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? (1357 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Boko Haram Claims Thisday Bombings And Says Punch, Vanguard, Daily Trust And VOA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by bilms(m): 3:42am On May 18, 2013
I have observed that, most Nigerians across the entire country don't trust and respect president Goodluck Jonathan. According to a friend, Gej has betrayed the trust of virtually everyone,from the poor trader on the street to the rich professional in the office,the young students in schools,to the elite politicians in govt,the north and south of Nigeria and the christian and muslims. He concluded that,you can't respect and trust a betrayer whom you give your support when in need and turn to hurt you in return. Do you agree? If not,why do you think Nigerians mistrust president Jonathan? Why dont Nigerians trust and respect Gej?
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by wesley80(m): 5:43am On May 18, 2013
Speak for yourself, Ewu.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by shizzle11(m): 6:08am On May 18, 2013
That your friend is a goat and you are another goat for believing him.

So the opinion of your mu-mu friend is now the opinion of Nigerians. Mtcheewww

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Tigerhead: 6:27am On May 18, 2013
Aside from the atrocious English displayed by the title. The Op is simply playing out a well worn tactic.

GEJ is getting praise, the haters have to remind everyone that they are supposed to hate GEJ.

But do you know how frightening the last few days must have been for the haters? After all their efforts to demean GEJ, just one action that he takes has people loving him. All their hard work hating - wasted.

What hey fail to realize is that such is the life of a hater. Sad, lonely and ultimately futile.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by splashbaby(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2013
wesley80: Speak for yourself, Ewu.
See your puff puff brain...since the oil subsidy strike, your ugly faced clueless leader lost the trust and support of many Nigerians. It is only few people like you, powered by avarice that still consider him a good leader.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by splashbaby(m): 7:20am On May 18, 2013
shizzle11: That your friend is a goat and you are another goat for believing him.

So the opinion of your mu-mu friend is now the opinion of Nigerians. Mtcheewww
Many like you will continue to feed on maggots of lies and live on self deceit. Unfortuntely you are busy mortgaging the future of your generation for pea-nuts.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by wesley80(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2013
splashbaby: See your puff puff brain...since the oil subsidy strike, your ugly faced clueless leader lost the trust and support of many Nigerians. It is only few people like you, powered by avarice that still consider him a good leader.

Ewu, your opinion does not count. Jonathan does not need the support of thugs and airbrained homos that aren't ashamed to use monikers like "SplashBABY".
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by bilms(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2013
Hum
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by raphead: 7:53am On May 18, 2013
the brainless otueke drunkard fisherman gat load of goofs that are uncountable,removal of fuel subsidy,aiding and abetting corruption,foot dragging and showing ultra cluelessness on the worsening security situation.couple with the way his uncultured wife bears her silly ego in public without being tamed by the clueless one.couple with his gross inferiority complex of replying any form of criticism against his government plus his using of the ethnic card to divide Nigerians for his selfish political gains.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by libertyfather(m): 8:12am On May 18, 2013
Gej is a failure and and such a person deserves no respect
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by bilms(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2013
The situation is complex with this ethnicity
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by wesley80(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2013
Laughable how suddenly these nonentity posters have suddenly come alive because the tables are turning in favour of GEJ. The usual hopeless El Rufai / Tinubu online mob feel their jobs are threatened and they are about to let their numerous monikers create an air of balance so they can keep living their fools paradise. Nigerians are smarter and can now perceive your stench of deception from yards out. Try harder.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by stebell(m): 9:08am On May 18, 2013
Sexkillz pls I beg yu in de name of the God yu worship hide or close dis thread. This is politics section and I don't kno hw this post got here. It seems yu Mods like it wen de president is insulted in dis forum. @ OP, I laff at ur ignorance of de laudable projects going on in de diff parts of de federation. Continue to be blind and never see any tin gud in wat de President is doing.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by bilms(m): 9:14am On May 18, 2013
My pen don't carry insult,so have a free ride.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 18, 2013
@moderators, pls help us move this childish thread to children's section. Thank you
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by slimming: 9:34am On May 18, 2013
what type of people he surrounds himself is very important to pple trusting him.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by bilms(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2013
Children section? Hum, even children of now adays can't tolerate cluelessness. May be you want to say the fp.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Gbawe1: 11:05am On May 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @moderators, pls help us move this childish thread to children's section. Thank you

"Children section" because it is a thread asking truthful questions relating to your messiah that you have nil capacity or innate decency to confront?

Do you know Ribadu is currently in the news openly pondering what the FG has done with the recommendations of his Petroleum task force committee that came many, many months ago? Those are the sort of anti-people/nation antics that has made Nigerians to go from having goodwill for GEJ to this situation where they do not "trust and respect" him any longer. You go around shouting "haters" yet how many Nigerians want a better life yet have now turned against a very disappointing President and how many "hate" GEJ for reasons other than how it is crystal clear this is not a President on the side of ordinary Nigerians as you claim?

You have no shame at all with how you cannot minimally concede that GEJ , truth be told, is very disappointing and a leader who needs to drastically up his game. He cannot even be mentioned when average leaders are talked of let alone distinguished and very effective leaders.

You can lie to yourself and attempt to bully the OP, because you are either a loser with zero conscience or a complete sycophant lacking exposure that means you do not know what driven leadership is, but you cannot browbeat the message of the OP. Don't take how he is a gentle soul to think you can bully/shout him down.

Face someone like me and I will tell you about your GEJ and his compromised, cowardly, disappointing and fraudulent leadership in language, and with facts, everyone can understand. Nonsense. I am ready, any time and any day, to show GEJ is a fraud who has actually even worsened the major problems of Nigeria i.e those problem that, unresolved, ensures Nigeria remains a basket case Nation.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by raphead: 11:20am On May 18, 2013
gej and his surrogates has something in common dumbskulls. I really wish this lots grow up and put their medulla into use.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by splashbaby(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2013
wesley80:

Ewu, your opinion does not count. Jonathan does not need the support of thugs and airbrained homos that aren't ashamed to use monikers like "SplashBABY".
I won't join issues with you because I will make you popular...with your slave "moniker" I see how keen you are to continue your hard life job under the leadership of a drunk fisherman. Oya Eeesobey (Beast obey) the command of your slave master you love so much...oponu akin dani dani!
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by FindOut(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2013
Gbawe1:

"Children section" because it is a thread asking truthful questions relating to your messiah that you have nil capacity or innate decency to confront?

Do you know Ribadu is currently in the news openly pondering what the FG has done with the recommendations of his Petroleum task force committee that came many, many months ago? Those are the sort of anti-people/nation antics that has made Nigerians to go from having goodwill for GEJ to this situation where they do not "trust and respect" him any longer. You go around shouting "haters" yet how many Nigerians want a better life yet have now turned against a very disappointing President and how many "hate" GEJ for reasons other than how it is crystal clear this is not a President on the side of ordinary Nigerians as you claim?

You have no shame at all with how you cannot minimally concede that GEJ , truth be told, is very disappointing and a leader who needs to drastically up his game. He cannot even be mentioned when average leaders are talked of let alone distinguished and very effective leaders.

You can lie to yourself and attempt to bully the OP, because you are either a loser with zero conscience or a complete sycophant lacking exposure that means you do not know what driven leadership is, but you cannot browbeat the message of the OP. Don't take how he is a gentle soul to think you can bully/shout him down.

Face someone like me and I will tell you about your GEJ and his compromised, cowardly, disappointing and fraudulent leadership in language, and with facts, everyone can understand. Nonsense. I am ready, any time and any day, to show GEJ is a fraud who has actually even worsened the major problems of Nigeria i.e those problem that, unresolved, ensures Nigeria remains a basket case Nation.

YES!!!! *Bangs gavel on post*
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Demdem(m): 11:35am On May 18, 2013
Because he surrounds himself with criminals of all sorts. He is also corrupt and governance wise daft.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Gbawe1: 11:38am On May 18, 2013
stebell: Sexkillz pls I beg yu in de name of the God yu worship hide or close dis thread. This is politics section and I don't kno hw this post got here. It seems yu Mods like it wen de president is insulted in dis forum. @ OP, I laff at ur ignorance of de laudable projects going on in de diff parts of de federation. Continue to be blind and never see any tin gud in wat de President is doing.

Do you belong here when you are begging for a politically valid thread to be closed? Play Ostrich all you want but it is not a lie to state that Nigerians no longer trust and respect GEJ as they did.

You talk of "laudable projects". Let me ask where you think Nigeria is going when around 70% of her yearly expenditure is budgeted to recurrent spending. Whose duty is it to change this deplorable situation and do you know what GEJ did in regard to that fundamentally abysmal problem? How about refining our oil optimally that may even see us derive substantial income from selling refined derivatives of crude? What is GEJ's efforts in this regard? Or is it that it can be argued what GEJ has done amounts to sabotage against the concept of an expedited push towards Nigeria refining her crude optimally? Even with the fuel subsidy scam, do you know Otedola advised government to simply shut down the use of marketers and negotiate directly with foreign refineries to close avenues of graft and theft against Nigeria? Why has your hero kept the "avenue of corruption" open if he is genuinely a solution provider vis-a-vis the fundamental problems troubling Nigeria?

Did Ribadu not suggest we must stop, as the only major exporter doing so, selling our crude through middlemen because this practise facilitates the ripping-off of Nigeria? GEJ can change this situation today yet he has not acted many, many months after the suggestion came. How much has Nigeria lost to graft in the period GEJ has blatantly refused to do what is right? What manner of leader is he to make us remain, against direct recommendation of a solution-seeking committee Mr.President himself approved, the only major exporter of crude guilty of defrauding and sabotaging itself? Is Ghana that discovered oil only recently engaged in this retrogressive and self-destructive practice? Angola? I leave you to to some basic research.

What I will tell you is that there is not a single Nigerian government that has not had "laudable projects" to its name since 1999 yet there is also not a single one of them that has had a significant and deliberate positive effect on the major problems of Nigeria. If anything, GEJ is no less gradualist and/or less insincere than others. It may even be argued he is worse even if you cannot dispassionately confront facts enough to note this

It seems to me that the main problem is that you guys never ever take time to study our real fundamental issues to note precisely what effective solutions must resemble. You will simply praise one gradualist after the other, to the detriment of Nigeria, because you have a sectional reason to do so be it religion, ethnicity, Party affiliations etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by jmaine: 11:59am On May 18, 2013
wesley80: Laughable how suddenly these nonentity posters have suddenly come alive because the tables are turning in favour of GEJ. The usual hopeless El Rufai / Tinubu online mob feel their jobs are threatened and they are about to let their numerous monikers create an air of balance so they can keep living their fools paradise. Nigerians are smarter and can now perceive your stench of deception from yards out. Try harder.

You shouldn't be surprised bruv . . .wink
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by joeyfire(m): 12:04pm On May 18, 2013
OP- I think the primary reason people do not respect GEJ is because after all the support from the masses that brought him to power he removed subsidy at a very sensitive time and generally looks like a continuation of the past failed leaders we have had. His "softie" image didn't do him much good either.

I think this SOE has given his image the biggest boost since he became president because its his first act that shows he has testosterone in his blood.

All in all Nigerians voted for fresh air and they need to see results before they can respect him. His party is shyte so he needs to prove himself worthy of respect and trust. 2015 is approaching fast so he needs to work fast
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Pataki: 12:18pm On May 18, 2013
Another thread to question about the rejection of our mumurideen of a president.

I won' t respect a man who tells me that by the end of June 2012, Boko Haram will cease to exist. A man who talks without reasoning. A manwho tells Nigerians Boko Haram are part of his government, but has yet refused to take a decisive action against these criminals. Jonathan is simply nothing but a criminal!
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by joeyfire(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2013
Demdem: Because he surrounds himself with criminals of all sorts. He is also corrupt and governance wise daft.

I disagree. He actually has some extremely bright achievers around him and they are really working hard. I just wonder what happens in between the decision making and tangible results we long to see. To be honest sha I must admit power supply has improved massively
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Demdem(m): 12:41pm On May 18, 2013
joeyfire:

I disagree. He actually has some extremely bright achievers around him and they are really working hard. I just wonder what happens in between the decision making and tangible results we long to see. To be honest sha I must admit power supply has improved massively

I disagree completely especially the power part. Barth seems to have taken it with him. Here in PH, its darkness galore.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by VoodooDoll(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2013
GEJ hasn't earned our trust and respect.

Govt is supposed to fear the people.

Why doesn't GEJ fear, respect and trust Nigerians, our laws, our territorial integrity, our norms, our fiscal policies and rights?

The truth is that he "does not give a damn" and his attack dogs (online and offline) appear to have been given carte blanche backing to threaten fire and brimstone if he is not returned in 2015.

The onus is not on We the People to trust and respect public servants, it is for those public servants who by their actions have soiled the public office to have the onus on them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by FindOut(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2013
Gbawe1:

What I will tell you is that there is not a single Nigerian government that has not had "laudable projects" to its name since 1999 yet there is also not a single one of them that has had a significant and deliberate positive effect on the major problems of Nigeria.

This i think, is the major thing several nigerians have failed to realise. Even if you put a 10 year old kid at the helm to pilot the affairs of Nigeria, i assure you he will still have achievements to his name.

The type of leadership GEJ is giving us now is NOT the type of leadership this country needs at the moment, and is DEFINITELY not the 'fresh air' he promised us either. We need serious changes. drastic changes. Some may argue change is gradual but there are certain changes that just cannot, must not be graudual. The system needs to be jolted into action. Unfortunately, GEJ has shown that not only does he lack that needed spark, but under his watch, critical problem areas such as corruption and insecurity have actually gotten worse.
Fuel subsidy from 280-300billion suddenly skyrocketing to 2 trillion naira within a year (which just so happens to be election year)is definitely a corruption record, even going by IBB regime standards. That the key players involved have not gone to jail, with the major ones like Diezani still occupying their positions is a huge slap on the face of Nigerians, what makes the slap hurt more is the fact that Nigerians are the ones paying for these excesses each day at the filling station. Why should we be buying fuel at 97 naira per litre for God's sake??

GEJ promised us a leaner government yet all indications point to the fact that his Government is even more bloated than his predecessor's what with the appointment of useless aides by his very own self. What the heck is Reno Omokri doing in government with his post?

Despite the fact that we have a Navy, GEJ deemed it fit to contract out the security of our water ways (at several billions of naira) to a millitant who ordinarily should be a persona non grata at the very least, if not in jail.

Many more atrocities.

GEJ insults nigerians every damn day with all these rubbish going on but one day, it will stop. Our reputation in the international community keeps nosediving further, even a journalist appears not to have any respect for our president. Should we blame her? No. Its the fault of the president who appears powerless to bring up much needed and much overdue changes in his country whose entire population is less than that of Uttar Pradesh which is just one state in India, while at the same time is blessed with more than the total natural and mineral resources of several countries put together.

I only hope Nigerians will be better orientated when 2015 comes.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by VoodooDoll(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2013
Take this week:

The President was right to take steps to restore order in a region that was quickly becoming ungovernable.

But now we hear GEJ can't even be bothered to properly convey and gazette the instructions to the National Assembly...

Is that respecting our laws!

The chap is a joker and a clown who still struggles to tie his shoe laces!
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Trust And Respect GEJ? by Gbawe1: 12:51pm On May 18, 2013
joeyfire:

Totally wrong argument. The hurtful darkness all Nigerians are complaining about show up GEJ for the fraud he is. I.e happy to claim perennial highs , always a staple of our power woes, as his own achievement. To be honest, you should not even be mentioning this right now if you recognise where we are today in stark contrast to the highs of optimal water level and gas supply, a few months ago,team GEJ cynically and fraudulently claimed as their own achievement. Why can they not keep power supply at the level it was at a few months ago if indeed they did something inspirationally different?

Nigerians are good at 419 because they have had gullible fellow citizens to practise on in perfecting their skills of deception.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Borno Governor Sen. Ali Modu Sherrif Acquires Aircraft Worth $72m. / I Am A Virus In PDP, Tukur Tells Lamido / A.p.c Delegation Prevented From Landing At Gombe Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.