Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS (1072 Views)

11 African Startup Founders Who Built Million-dollar Internet Companies / Meet The Co-founders Of Africa’s Hottest Mobile App, 2go / Why Do Young Startup Founders Drop Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2013

3 Likes

Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by dansmog(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2013
what is this idea? wink just curious, don' ;t worry nobody will steal it... grin grin
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by GideonG(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2013
I am a very passionate Android developer working round the clock almost all the time, I am greatly inspired by your write up. we are on the same lane because I see my mobile App taking over the entire country and the whole world will benefit from my idea. I have no element of doubt in my mind that I will make it big time as a developer. I am working so hard with intense desire.I strongly believe it...follow me on twitter @GideonGeorge
Thanks for that bro God go make you bigger

1 Like

Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 20, 2013
GideonG: I am a very passionate Android developer working round the clock almost all the time, I am greatly inspired by your write up. we are on the same lane because I see my mobile App taking over the entire country and the whole world will benefit from my idea. I have no element of doubt in my mind that I will make it big time as a developer. I am working so hard with intense desire.I strongly believe it...follow me on twitter @GideonGeorge

Thats the spirit... i think am about to enter my valley of death... downloading java,sdk and eclipse ... and this piece by the above writer is really inspiring and encouraging...thanks

1 Like

Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2013
hisblud:

Thats the spirit... i think am about to enter my valley of death... downloading java,sdk and eclipse ... and this piece by the above writer is really inspiring and encouraging...thanks
GideonG: I am a very passionate Android developer working round the clock almost all the time, I am greatly inspired by your write up. we are on the same lane because I see my mobile App taking over the entire country and the whole world will benefit from my idea. I have no element of doubt in my mind that I will make it big time as a developer. I am working so hard with intense desire.I strongly believe it...follow me on twitter @GideonGeorge
from this responses I am glad this article is achieveing it's aim. Which is to encourage people presently in the valley or about entering the valley... thank for your heart warming response.
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 20, 2013
Matthew briggs: from this responses I am glad this article is achieveing it's aim. Which is to encourage people presently in the valley or about entering the valley... thank for your heart warming response.

thanks for the writeup its really great
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 20, 2013
Nice Write Up, I'm Inspired. cheesy
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by talk2D: 6:46am On May 21, 2013
Talk is cheap.
The application of knowledge is power.
Tell a trusted friend who you think can relate with your idea.
Start with the smallest step possible like writing the first line of your code.
Don't take too long to release or you will realize you have wasted time.
Take Action Man!
And also, the idea of people stealing your idea kills.
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2013
talk2D: Talk is cheap.
The application of knowledge is power.
Tell a trusted friend who you think can relate with your idea.
Start with the smallest step possible like writing the first line of your code.
Don't take too long to release or you will realize you have wasted time.
Take Action Man!
And also, the idea of people stealing your idea kills.

I agree with you talk is cheap, If you read my article you''ll discover am not folding my hands but taking steps to achieve the vision.

I don't intend to take too long, but I will take my time and make sure I don't come out with a crappy product. Plus I have a futuristic way of developing products.

As for people stealing my idea that's the least of my worries, an excerpt from my post has this to say.

"Most founders are afraid of their ideas been stolen, they guard them with diligence, most of them on meeting investors request them to sign a non- disclosure document all in the bid to protect their idea, something investors truly hate, in fact they hardly agree to sign one.

My first fear when I started out was, please God let not my idea be stolen, I was very careful and guess what, it was stolen on 5 different occasions in my 5 failures.

But amidst all this I still stand because I have come to understand that "YOUR IDEA CAN BE STOLEN, BUT YOUR VISION CAN'T". No one can see what you see, it is yours, you own it."

1 Like

Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by talk2hb1(m): 6:50am On May 23, 2013
Very encouraging, but wait a minute I have some few question for you.
What is your aim of building the application?
Are you just trying to fill a gap or build a software company?
Is it because of the money or the passion of doing it?
The reason I am asking these questions are, from what I have read above its like you just want to build or develop something you have a dream for, you want your dream to come true. Dream-reality is different from the mindset of software entrepreneurship mindset.
I don't want to build a crappy product: nobody loves a crappy product even the product developer, why not chunk your product into version with version 1.0 having all the must have features and version 2.0 having the should have features, these are just my own suggestion and not an advie.

1 Like

Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2013
talk2hb1: Very encouraging, but wait a minute I have some few question for you.
1.What is your aim of building the application?
2.Are you just trying to fill a gap or build a software company?
3. Is it because of the money or the passion of doing it?
The reason I am asking these questions are, from what I have read above its like you just want to build or develop something you have a dream for, you want your dream to come true. Dream-reality is different from the mindset of software entrepreneurship mindset.
I don't want to build a crappy product: nobody loves a crappy product even the product developer, why not chunk your product into version with version 1.0 having all the must have features and version 2.0 having the should have features, these are just my own suggestion and not an advie.

1. To change the lives of millions hopefully billions of people.
2. I am not trying yo fill a gap, but have discovered a need in my target market. I intend to build a consumer technology company.
3. Not the money, but red hot passion to contribute my own quota in changing the lives of Nigerians first and the world at large.

Yes I agree with you version one will not have all the features. I have thought about that already.
Re: THE VALLEY OF DEATH - A PLACE YOU'LL FIND MOST FOUNDERS by talk2hb1(m): 12:38pm On May 23, 2013
Wishing you all the best smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From A Developer's Life / Voice Advertisment To Cell Phone / Where Can I Learn Web Design & Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.