Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President (2744 Views)

Why PDP Must Not Die / Nigerians Nominate For Buhari’s Cabinet / Nominate An English And A Yoruba Name For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 18, 2013
I hate to break it to you but I have no choice but to do so. PDP will never nominate and Igbo man as their Presidential candidate.

There is what is known as power sharing or power rotation in PDP. It is simply mean power moves from North to the South every eight years, vice-versa. When you hear power sharing between North and south; it means that power is shared bewtween Yoruba and the Hausa/Fulani every eight years, Igbos excluded. There is no Hausa man in PDP who is comfortable of having an Igbo man as President. There is also no single Yoruba man who is comfortable having and Igbo man as President in PDP. You should be prepared to continue to hear from any Presidential candidate under PDP banner coming to the east to tell you there will be an Igbo President after his tenure. It is a fat lie. It won't happen. Yorubas have occupied the Southern slot of the power rotation while Hausa/Fulanis have occupied the slot for the North. Northerners from Plateau, Taraba, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi are not part of this slot because they are not core North. Like wise, SS/SE are not part of this sharing formula and they won't tell you that. Jonathan was lucky to get there. If Jonathan should get second term, that means power must shift to the North again. This arrangement is going to break PDP into shred if Jonathan gets second term because the Igbos want it too and Hausas have not been able to rule since the power sharing began with the death of Yar'Adua. Hausa/Fulanis are very angry now and they are rightly so. When power finally goes back to the North, an hausa President is not prepared to give power back to an Igbo. Hausa man prefers to hand it back to a Yoruba and not Igbo.

When Obasanjo completed his eight year tenure, he gave it to another man in Yar'Adua from the core North. Yar'Adua only selected a dummy Vice-President (Yes sir)to just seat there and listen to all instructions given to him by the President. Jonathan was exactly that but God had other plans for Jonathan. Jonathan was only lucky to get there. Jonathan did not want to be Vice-President because he knew he would be thrown into political oblivion if he became Vice-President. He was right. Jonathan was worried about making money for his family. Jonathan's wife was all about making money and be wealthy. Becoming a Vice-President was never on the card. The wife wanted him to remain the
Governor of Bayelsa State where making good money is guaranteed. Jonathan wanted to remain a Governor in Bayelsa and make money. It was Obasanjo who convinced Jonathan to be Vice-Presidential candidate because he (Obasanjo) needed him to be there. Jonathan told Obasanjo that Peter Odili would make a better running mate because Odili was a Governor for eight years. Jonathan aides told him to reject Obasanjo's overtues because being a Vice-President would send him into political oblivion for life. Jonathan was confused but he finally succumbed when Yar'adua invited him into a room to have a 45 minutes discussion. Not until Yar'Adua convince him that he would be treated well and that was when Jonathan finally agreed to be running mate with Yar'Adua.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by soma042(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2013
their are some element of truth in what you said.
but aka chukwu dia.
fingers crossed waitn 4 season 3
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by aurenflani: 3:27pm On May 18, 2013
The only pdp candidate that would have honored this claim and do it is Atiku.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by nuclearboy(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2013
aurenflani: The only pdp candidate that would have honored this claim and do it is Atiku.

But "Rotation" has been cancelled so for the next 300 years, it will be "count your delegates".

Here's what breaking the killer party's agreement caused but of course,in the euphoria of winning, people forgot there is still the future and that tomorrow will remind them they said NO to power rotation today.

This PDP will never give the East presidency - the constitution gives the north the delegates and thus the power. APC will sooner offer it. But APC is hated by same SE

grin
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 18, 2013
aurenflani: The only pdp candidate that would have honored this claim and do it is Atiku.

Not so.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by solomon111(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2013
nuclearboy:

But "Rotation" has been cancelled so for the next 300 years, it will be "count your delegates".

Here's what breaking the killer party's agreement caused but of course,in the euphoria of winning, people forgot there is still the future and that tomorrow will remind them they said NO to power rotation today.

This PDP will never give the East presidency - the constitution gives the north the delegates and thus the power. APC will sooner offer it. But APC is hated by same SE

grin
look at this fake progressive.
How has rotational presidency helped Nigeria?
Is rotational presidency what APC wants to use as bait?
Sorry we are not interested.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Dreal1247: 4:18pm On May 18, 2013
nuclearboy:

grin
U ar sponsored to advertise Apc, even if they are making an Ibo their presidential candidate, we wont support then. With Buhari @ the helm of affairs, i beliv that he can promise anything to anybody in order to achieve his ambition. I pity people that are working with him. Though, he should stop the day dream of becoming the president of this country.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 18, 2013
nuclearboy:

grin

Jonathan is not a shoe-in when it comes to nominating him again. The North has the delegate numbers. With the situation on ground, I don't think these Northern Governors are ready to give their delegates to Jonathan again. The power of nomination is 70-80% shifted to the North. That is why Jonathan is currently shifting a lot of money abroad to prepare for Nigeria break-up if he is denied the nomination for second term. If PDP refuses him the nomination, Jonathan is likely to become the de-facto President of Ijaw people and the SE. Jonathan is preparing for Nigeria's break-up if he is denied the nomination. He is ready to unleash his militants to fight for him. There is weapon supply going on between Isreal and Nigeria. All this weapons are being delivered to the SS areas. There is reason Jonathan has been sending militants from SS to Israel, Netherlands, Belgium, Cyprus and France. The reason is to learn about war operation. He is preparing these militants for future war that is likely in the next two years.

It is not going to be pretty when it is all said and done. The State of Emergency is to inflame the people in the North. There more of it coming.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 18, 2013
PDP is the bane of Nigeria development. The Africa's largest corrupt party.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by kunlekunle: 6:08pm On May 18, 2013
payless: I hate to break it to you but I have no choice but to do so. PDP will never nominate and Igbo man as their Presidential candidate.

There is what is known as power sharing or power rotation in PDP. It is simply mean power moves from North to the South every eight years, vice-versa. When you hear power sharing between North and south; it means that power is shared bewtween Yoruba and the Hausa/Fulani every eight years, Igbos excluded. There is no Hausa man in PDP who is comfortable of having an Igbo man as President. There is also no single Yoruba man who is comfortable having and Igbo man as President in PDP. You should be prepared to continue to hear from any Presidential candidate under PDP banner coming to the east to tell you there will be an Igbo President after his tenure. It is a fat lie. It won't happen. Yorubas have occupied the Southern slot of the power rotation while Hausa/Fulanis have occupied the slot for the North. Northerners from Plateau, Taraba, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi are not part of this slot because they are not core North. Like wise, SS/SE are not part of this sharing formula and they won't tell you that. Jonathan was lucky to get there. If Jonathan should get second term, that means power must shift to the North again. This arrangement is going to break PDP into shred if Jonathan gets second term because the Igbos want it too and Hausas have not been able to rule since the power sharing began with the death of Yar'Adua. Hausa/Fulanis are very angry now and they are rightly so. When power finally goes back to the North, an hausa President is not prepared to give power back to an Igbo. Hausa man prefers to hand it back to a Yoruba and not Igbo.

When Obasanjo completed his eight year tenure, he gave it to another man in Yar'Adua from the core North. Yar'Adua only selected a dummy Vice-President (Yes sir)to just seat there and listen to all instructions given to him by the President. Jonathan was exactly that but God had other plans for Jonathan. Jonathan was only lucky to get there. Jonathan did not want to be Vice-President because he knew he would be thrown into political oblivion if he became Vice-President. He was right. Jonathan was worried about making money for his family. Jonathan's wife was all about making money and be wealthy. Becoming a Vice-President was never on the card. The wife wanted him to remain the
Governor of Bayelsa State where making good money is guaranteed. Jonathan wanted to remain a Governor in Bayelsa and make money. It was Obasanjo who convinced Jonathan to be Vice-Presidential candidate because he (Obasanjo) needed him to be there. Jonathan told Obasanjo that Peter Odili would make a better running mate because Odili was a Governor for eight years. Jonathan aides told him to reject Obasanjo's overtues because being a Vice-President would send him into political oblivion for life. Jonathan was confused but he finally succumbed when Yar'adua invited him into a room to have a 45 minutes discussion. Not until Yar'Adua convince him that he would be treated well that Jonathan finally agreed to be running mate with Yar'Adua.

To the northerners, nigeria is north and south, not east and west.
thats their politics.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 18, 2013
kunlekunle:

To the northerners, nigeria is north and south, not east and west.
thats their politics.

That is the way it is also set-up in PDP. The power of delegates is already tipped to the North. 70-80% of the PDP delegates are from the North.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by ZUBY77(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Azkiwe Johna is more Igbo than Hausa or Yoruba. We have three major tribes in Nigeria. The minorities can easily identify with any of the three above.. If Jonathan is to chose from three of them, guess where he will go..
I saw him in Enugu today. Smiling and shaking hands with people includng moi. The last time he went to Maidugry, he went with 5000 policemen. The last tme he went to lagos, he traveled with 2000 sec agents.
Today in Enugu, the policemen were without guns and were just putting people in order.

Hey can you tell where he come from now?
I am from Enugu but i will vote GEJ over Rochas anyday
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
ZUBY77: Goodluck Ebele Azkiwe Johna is more Igbo than Hausa or Yoruba. We have three major tribes in Nigeria. The minorities can easily identify with any of the three above.. If Jonathan is to chose from three of them, guess where he will go..
I saw him in Enugu today. Smiling and shaking hands with people includng moi. The last time he went to Maidugry, he went with 5000 policemen. The last tme he went to lagos, he traveled with 2000 sec agents.
Today in Enugu, the policemen were without guns and were just putting people in order.

Hey can you tell where he come from now?
I am from Enugu but i will vote GEJ over Rochas anyday

Good for you! I can see you are celebrating shaking Jonathan's hand. That alone secures your future. Nonsense! I shook Obama's hand too before, but does that make me a different person?
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by alaoeri: 9:03pm On May 18, 2013
nuclearboy:

grin
Honestly this is what average SE doesn't know, the far they can go under PDP is the VP seat.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by qualified(f): 9:07pm On May 18, 2013
Tnx for ur insight. But Leave us to worry abt that.
Ur hatred for GEJ, PDP and d Igbos is so much that i suspect all ur comments.
Seriously what i want, is good governance frm anyone from any part of d South SE, SS or SW. Dont wan d North again. That's all
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 18, 2013
qualified: Tnx for ur insight. But Leave us to worry abt that.
Ur hatred for GEJ, PDP and d Igbos is so much that i suspect all ur comments.
Seriously what i want, is good governance frm anyone from any part of d South SE, SS or SW. Dont wan d North again.
That's all

Good for you, bro. Good leadership can from anywhere; including from the North. How did you know I hate GEJ? The same Jonathan my entire family voted for. The same Jonathan I supported when Yar'Adua got sick and eventually died. So all of a sudden I hate jonathan because I am pointing out how he has failed miserably in every aspect of governance.

I hate to tell you this; Jonathan is likely not going to be nominated by PDP for second term and he knows this himself. The delegates are skewed to the North. 70-80% of the delegates come from core North. That is where Obasanjo and Northern Governors are waiting for him. The only option Jonathan has now is to cause mayhem in the North in order to have civil war. He got a lot of money saved for the impending war. Israel is shipping a lot of weapons to Nigeria and they are being stored in the South. A lot of militants from SS are currently being trained in Belgium, Netherland, Israel and other places on how to prosecute and fight war. What do you think is the reason for that.

Jonathan is going to be the last Nigerian President. He is going to be the first President of the Nigerdelta people. That is exactly his plan.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Soloblincus(m): 11:37pm On May 18, 2013
Very intresting buildup. Nigeria is CASTED. I jst hope it gets bloodier, atleast heads shuld start rolling.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by yomexp(m): 12:24am On May 19, 2013
so nigeria is gonna break after all. hmmm...
**takes a deep breath**

i knew asari's boast was not an empty threat.

so OP. what's your advice to your fellow ibos?
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by CyberG: 12:32am On May 19, 2013
Soloblincus: Very intresting buildup. Nigeria is CASTED. I jst hope it gets bloodier, atleast heads shuld start rolling.

Hope you live in Nigeria where you can partake and share part of your wish of blood?
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by MajeOfficial: 12:39am On May 19, 2013
People speak of Ndigbo as if they're politically irrelevant, but every single day there is no tribe more mentioned in the Nairaland political forum, and front page, than Ndigbo.

Democratic politics isn't about who's in power, it's about who controls the conversation, more and more by the day the conversation is about Igbos. Power or not no group of people have been courted more vigorously by both sides (PDP, APC). What PDP is doing in the East and Niger Delta is not being replicated in the north or southwest. Both parties are trying their hardest to appear to be the 'igbo' party (GEJ claiming lineage, APC tout Rochas around like a trophy and being headed by an Igbo man). Look at remaining parties in Nigeria

PDP - half igbo president majority igbo cabinet
LP - Headed by and controlled by igbos
AGPA - Clearly igbo
APC - Everyone else.

Keep talking about Igbos, in will make sure that we hold the real power in a democracy and that's control of the conversation. No matter that party wins will we either be there controlling it, the candidate, the most rewarded and pandered to, or in the case of GEJ, all of the above.

Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 1:42am On May 19, 2013
yomexp: so nigeria is gonna break after all. hmmm...
**takes a deep breath**

i knew asari's boast was not an empty threat.

so OP. what's your advice to your fellow ibos?

I am not Igbo. The solution is to say no to status quo. You don't expect to do the same thing over and over and expect a differenet result. Voting PDP again shows we are not serious for government of accountability. The best option is to vote Rochas or Oshiomohle as President.

We should demand change. It happened in Ukrain and I don't see why it can't happen in Nigeria. PDP is the problem we have in Nigeria. If you are satisfied with the result so far from 1999-2013, then PDP is your choice. On the other hand, if you think we should be doing better than the way we are, then you have to vote someone else other than PDP.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by UncleJJ(m): 1:47am On May 19, 2013
Vewi stewpid thread. The poster has failed to list facts and therefore this is is another olodo with a degree.

In politics their is no room for emotions, and your entire post Mr op is wreaking of sissy emotions.

PDP will never nominate a IBO man NCOs Jonathan don pour sand sand for garri.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Scarpon(m): 1:54am On May 19, 2013
I guess their are afraid of divided Nigeria
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by qualified(f): 9:17am On May 19, 2013
@op, what is ur pain in all these? Leave d panadol for Igbos nah. Wetin be ur own? U wan our partnership? Speak out and be real
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 19, 2013
qualified: @op, what is ur pain in all these? Leave d panadol for Igbos nah. Wetin be ur own? U wan our partnership? Speak out and be real

You are a confused entity whose political relevance is about to be wiped out. Rochas is you best option to get to the Presidency. The fake Azikwe is a con man to the core. Does his birth certificate show Azikwe?
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by qualified(f): 8:33pm On May 20, 2013
payless:

You are a confused entity whose political relevance is about to be wiped out. Rochas is you best option to get to the Presidency. The fake Azikwe is a con man to the core. Does his birth certificate show Azikwe?

i have learnt not to join issues wit losers like u esp on NL. Haters, shame on u. We dont need ur dumb n stu.pid analysis
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by qualified(f): 8:33pm On May 20, 2013
payless:

Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
This thread worth discussing.
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Revived.......
Re: IGBOS: Why PDP Will Never Nominate An Igbo Man For President by waternogetenemy: 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
I CAN BELIEVE THIS BECOS OF THE WAY THAT SOLUDO WAS DEALT WITH BY GEJ AND HIS COHORTS PETER OBI.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire At Presidential Villa As Dr. Sule Lamido Stormed The Villa Today / New Face Of The New Abia State Modern E-library / The Complete Transcript Of Netanyahu’s Address To Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.