Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri (15759 Views)

24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe / 24-hour Curfew Imposed On Potiskum... / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by onatisi(m): 11:36pm On May 18, 2013
ocholawealth: i pray this military operation comes to an end sooner than later.
this boko haram issue can be resolved as soon as possible ,once their political and financial sponsors gives a cease fire order those boko boys will relax.but these sponsors wants this military assult to continue so as to make ppl hate gej.the northern elites aare the problem,hen gej went to borno he told them that they are not sincere .it is just sad that these northern politicians are playing politics with innocent ppl lives
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by brownlord: 11:48pm On May 18, 2013
ochukoccna: While it is heartwarming Ebele finally found the ball_s to declare an SOE,one must not smash his scrotum because one seeks to kill a mosquito perched on it cool
24 phucking hours? undecided
Hand to mouth existence is what made many an NLC total strike break down by 48hours talk less of an impoverished part of the nation
A news blackout,no communication,now no movement, who's relaying the story of the common man in this military assault?
Can we trust army units who go beserk during this assault will be brought to justice?
That BH has done worse is no excuse,how then are we 'civilised' Nigerians different from this 'barbaric' savages undecided
Can we believe truly the army's version of 'controlled' reporting with no independent media verification?
Hope this and other thread trying to put a positive spin on the SOE created by SS/SE cheerleaders are digested well by them. because when 2015 comes and their principal is booted out of Aso Rock,payback will be a bitc# for those who want to secede
My two pence cool

Bro not to worry, there wont be a pay back time, if the north claims power, we then disintegrate, we no longer going to tolorate some illitrate and uncivilized aboki with their born to rule mentality ride on us anymore,

Am sure uve not heard the song " aboki shine my shoe"

That where they belong, in the gatemen and shoe maker not as political office holders
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Ideasroole: 11:54pm On May 18, 2013
WTF! These Kanuri's don buy market biiiiigggg tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeeee....

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 18, 2013
24 hrs
Do they realize some people use the nature provided bushes to relieve themselves?
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by nuclearboy(m): 12:51am On May 19, 2013
Let us assume GEJ wins 2015 (though I start to doubt he will). What of 2019 when power MUST change hands?

Then Dokubo and co make noise or MASSOB complains and the President at that time, then imposes a 24 hour curfew with house to house search to locate all illegal weapons - how would the people here, who are happy and even stating they will report scared people so the JTF will come wipe out, feel? Because this action is setting a precedent, whether we like it or not!

The mop up operation the JTF is doing is good but a 24 hour curfew is too much. Why not surround, then sweep through very fast so that areas once searched, are freed from military occupation and the innocent people can go get food and do some work; at least during the sweep, the guilty (with weapons etc) would have been found. For such guilty, don't waste federal funds feeding them in prison - just execute them.

We are setting precedents and tomorrow will ask us what we did today
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by ciaspybot: 1:16am On May 19, 2013
Uncle Jona don vex gan o!

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 1:40am On May 19, 2013
cia_spybot: Uncle Jona don vex gan o!

grin
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Bobandgreat: 1:54am On May 19, 2013
[color=#000099][/color][quote author=nuclearboy]Let us assume GEJ wins 2015 (though I start to doubt he will). What of 2019 when power MUST change hands?

Then Dokubo and co make noise or MASSOB complains and the President at that time, then imposes a 24 hour curfew with house to house search to locate all illegal weapons - how would the people here, who are happy and even stating they will report scared people so the JTF will come wipe out, feel? Because this action is setting a precedent, whether we like it or not!

The mop up operation the JTF is doing is good but a 24 hour curfew is too much. Why not surround, then sweep through very fast so that areas once searched, are freed from military occupation and the innocent people can go get food and do some work; at least during the sweep, the guilty (with weapons etc) would have been found. For such guilty, don't waste federal funds feeding them in prison - just execute them.

We are setting precedents and tomorrow will ask us what we did today[/quote

What part of that they blend in with the locals and are suicide bombers did you not understand. If u are well versed in guerilla warfare why not go to Borno and lend a hand. Holynweje.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by nijanigga: 5:09am On May 19, 2013
Last November, Amnesty International accused Nigeria's security forces of carrying out widespread abuses in their campaign against Boko Haram, including extra-judicial killings, enforced disappearances and torture.

The BBC has also received reports of civilians fleeing remote areas in Borno State and arriving in towns on the border with Cameroon.

Cameroon shares hundreds of miles of border with Nigeria and the area adjacent to Borno is considered porous.

Although Cameroon's security forces have stepped up security in the region, a source told French radio that the government in Yaounde had been given no advance warning of the Nigerian campaign
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by azimibraun: 5:59am On May 19, 2013
And my question goes thus, hw can a boko haram operative be identified and clearly seperated frm the regular guys on the street? because in my view, jst lk d Ombatse fiasco wia a police officer frm the Eggon tribe leaked intel to his folks bfore the poplice arrived and wia ambushed and murderd, am sure the boko guys jst lk GEJ said has moles in the military and his executive council and so knew all dis SOE stuff wld come up and also mst hv knwn d Modus operandi of the military hence they hv restrategised ahead of time. I hope the military aint jst killing regular folks claimiming they are BH Ops? The BH dudes I read abt in my view wld hv been too smart to layback and be caught or killed by the military. They sure hv dissolved or evaporated in the maintime. Jst my view.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:14am On May 19, 2013
azimibraun: And my question goes thus, hw can a boko haram operative be identified and clearly seperated frm the regular guys on the street? because in my view, jst lk d Ombatse fiasco wia a police officer frm the Eggon tribe leaked intel to his folks bfore the poplice arrived and wia ambushed and murderd, am sure the boko guys jst lk GEJ said has moles in the military and his executive council and so knew all dis SOE stuff wld come up and also mst hv knwn d Modus operandi of the military hence they hv restrategised ahead of time. I hope the military aint jst killing regular folks claimiming they are BH Ops? The BH dudes I read abt in my view wld hv been too smart to layback and be caught or killed by the military. They sure hv dissolved or evaporated in the maintime. Jst my view.
they shud evaporate! Dat is d idea.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by nijanigga: 6:30am On May 19, 2013
Analysts argue that the military has already lost the battle for hearts and minds and residents feel trapped between the two sides of this murky conflict.

When a Reuters news agency journalist visited the battered town of Baga, he witnessed locals shouting abuse at soldiers.

The military faces an almost impossible task of defeating the militants without civilians paying an extremely heavy price.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by okpara83: 6:32am On May 19, 2013
peace is expensive even to the peace ,maker. I wish all our armys save outing and may the lord bring them back to their families.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by nijanigga: 6:32am On May 19, 2013
nuclearboy: Let us assume GEJ wins 2015 (though I start to doubt he will). What of 2019 when power MUST change hands?

We are setting precedents and tomorrow will ask us what we did today

By 2019 oil will become useless and so Nigeria.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by gajike: 7:10am On May 19, 2013
this is sentiment.where were u when ur brothers are killing innocent people. comparing kidnapping to boko haram is nonsense. soldiers are there to protect Nigeria citizens. and they are free to use any method they were trained for. they know better than u.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by dominiceze: 7:24am On May 19, 2013
It surprises me that Buhari has not released any official statement about the state of emergency, Buhari has neither condemned nor supported the SOE, this clearly shows he is a confused fellow.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by onatisi(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2013
many dont know or understand what our soldiers are going thru.do u guys realize that boko haram members have nigeria army uniforms ?how can u differentiate between a fake soldier and the real one?this was what happened in baga ,the militants were wearing nigerian army uniforms which made it difficult for our soldiers know who is who.
and the 24hrs is just limited to some certain areas ,once the mopping up is complete then that is it.this is what the military top ranks have been telling the president to do before now,and it was almost getting too late before mr president realised the security issue.
this type of war is totally different from two regular armies fighting each other.our soldiers are fighting against ppl that look like them,dress like them and speak like them.in such a situation u just have to be extra extra careful
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by onatisi(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2013
dominic eze: It surprises me that Buhari has not released any official statement about the state of emergency, Buhari has neither condemned nor supported the SOE, this clearly shows he is a confused fellow.
he is a general,he knows what is going on,he understnds what our army can do when pushed to the wall.
secondly he is in the middle,if he supports mr president he become an enemy of his ppl and if he condemms mr president he will lose national respect and support from other regions,and any statement might land him serious trouble with the authorities
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by VolvoS60(m): 7:46am On May 19, 2013
brownlord:

My park well, tell me who is innocent in the north? Is it the innocent woman, that sell food for the terrorist, or the innocent landlord that habour terrorist, or the poor innocent farmer that decided to use the fertilizers the govt. Provided to boost their agricultural product to make bomb? Listen no innocent citizen will help innocent terrorist to hold an innocent country to ransom, thunder fire all of una for that north, all i keep hearing is innocent women and children, who gve birth to the animls tht constitute this useless group boko haram is not the same innocent women?

If u no get better to talk, just dey blow whistle and start fasting, you had the oppurtunity of living tht God forsaking region, as soon as the SOE was declared by the GCFR but you choose to stay and test the ability of our soldiers, oya dance to the music.

Pekin wen say e mama no go sleep, em self gat shine eye till day break, no body say make small pekin no grow big teeth na provided em make plans for big lips to cover am, nonsense abokis

Abeg JTF, ride on,if una like increase am to 25 hrs self, na dem sabi

Make un no arrest, just shoot, shoot, shoot before you ask question, help turn that region to empty land, imagine the whole north used as farm land by other regions, in 10 yrs time we become the giant of the world, not just africa

^^^^
Are you saying every single person up north is a boko haram sympathizer? You call yourself a man and yet you gleefully advocate the killing of women and children, mostly harmless individuals caught between a rock and a hard place. Take another look at what you typed up there. Never forget that what goes round comes round.

You should be glad the internet guarantees your anonymity, I tell you.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:56am On May 19, 2013
Thank God.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:00am On May 19, 2013
i just pray our soldiers go and come back alive and all in one peace..the civilians too also.
DEATH TO BOKO HARAM!!
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by AGBORMAN1(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2013
brownlord:

My park well, tell me who is innocent in the north? Is it the innocent woman, that sell food for the terrorist, or the innocent landlord that habour terrorist, or the poor innocent farmer that decided to use the fertilizers the govt. Provided to boost their agricultural product to make bomb? Listen no innocent citizen will help innocent terrorist to hold an innocent country to ransom, thunder fire all of una for that north, all i keep hearing is innocent women and children, who gve birth to the animls tht constitute this useless group boko haram is not the same innocent women?

If u no get better to talk, just dey blow whistle and start fasting, you had the oppurtunity of living tht God forsaking region, as soon as the SOE was declared by the GCFR but you choose to stay and test the ability of our soldiers, oya dance to the music.

Pekin wen say e mama no go sleep, em self gat shine eye till day break, no body say make small pekin no grow big teeth na provided em make plans for big lips to cover am, nonsense abokis

Abeg JTF, ride on,if una like increase am to 25 hrs self, na dem sabi

Make un no arrest, just shoot, shoot, shoot before you ask question, help turn that region to empty land, imagine the whole north used as farm land by other regions, in 10 yrs time we become the giant of the world, not just africa

Seconded

You just said what i wanted to say
God bless you...
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by karlmax2: 8:18am On May 19, 2013
The imposition of the curfew in the Borno State capital was said to pave the way for the troops deployed to the state to embark on a house- to- house search, as well as face insurgents still residing within the metropolis and Jere council area.

A  press release  by the JTF spokesman, Musa, said, “In order to sustain the ongoing Special Operations in the face of recent Boko Haram attacks in some areas within Maiduguri metropolis, the JTF is imposing 24hours curfew with effect from today (Saturday), 18 May, 2013”..

He stated that the areas/wards include Gamboru-Customs Area, Mari Kuwait Area of University of Maiduguri, Bakin Kogi Area and Kasuwan Shanu-Kofar Biyu Area.

Other areas under the 24hours curfew are Rawan Zafi-Customs Area, 202 Housing Estate, Bama Road, 303 Housing Estate Bama Road, Dakiwa Lowcost Housing Estate.

Also affected are Simari-Zannari-Kwanan Yobe Area, 505 Abba Gana Terab Housing Estate, Muna Garage Road, Chad Basin Muna Garage Road, Baga Road Federal Lowcost Area, Bolori, Jajeri and Umamari Area.

The people affected should remain strong it's the price they have to pay to be free From this miscreants may GOd be with with innocents.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by karlmax2: 8:18am On May 19, 2013
The imposition of the curfew in the Borno State capital was said to pave the way for the troops deployed to the state to embark on a house- to- house search, as well as face insurgents still residing within the metropolis and Jere council area.

A  press release  by the JTF spokesman, Musa, said, “In order to sustain the ongoing Special Operations in the face of recent Boko Haram attacks in some areas within Maiduguri metropolis, the JTF is imposing 24hours curfew with effect from today (Saturday), 18 May, 2013”..

He stated that the areas/wards include Gamboru-Customs Area, Mari Kuwait Area of University of Maiduguri, Bakin Kogi Area and Kasuwan Shanu-Kofar Biyu Area.

Other areas under the 24hours curfew are Rawan Zafi-Customs Area, 202 Housing Estate, Bama Road, 303 Housing Estate Bama Road, Dakiwa Lowcost Housing Estate.

Also affected are Simari-Zannari-Kwanan Yobe Area, 505 Abba Gana Terab Housing Estate, Muna Garage Road, Chad Basin Muna Garage Road, Baga Road Federal Lowcost Area, Bolori, Jajeri and Umamari Area.

The people affected should remain strong it's the price they have to pay to be free From this miscreants may GOd be with the innocents.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by AGBORMAN1(m): 8:29am On May 19, 2013
You either support
Terrorist
or you support
Peace & Freedom
(Make up your mind, fast, clock is ticking)

You are either with us or you are against us
Keeping quiet shows that you are with the Terrorist
To be or not to be; that is the question

God bless GEJ. God bless Nigerians. Long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Tintinix: 8:29am On May 19, 2013
Be very careful what you wish for others, because it could be your turn and/or those of your loved ones tomorrow. God forbid in the future, a northern president declares a SOE in SE or SS states over the menace of Kidnapping or MEND terrorism - no kidding this is more likely to happen now that a Southern president has paved the way - how many here would find the situation of the people in those SE or SS states amusing? huh, Northerners wont forget this in a hurry oo

[/quote]

While it is worth noting and sympathizing with the situation in the SOE delared states your reasoning and conclusion is so flawed and u know it!
You have no right to threaten the other regions of this country! This declaration was not done hastily or is it taken lightly!
Your northern leaders did nothing in cajouling their home grown terrorists to accepting the amnesty offer!
Leadrrs were going to the creeks, swamps and jungles to meet and mediate with Mend! And thid was before and during government put the amnesty offer on the table! Did u hear of any anti-aircraft missile found on Mend? Your people had not only KILLED (not kidnapped) KILLED thousands of people and please what is their grievance? Of course your birthright (The Presidency) had been taken from u without appropraite compensation (someone posted all the current positions occupied by northerners), like the crude in SS region.. Oh no! The aim is to islamize the country owned by only your people! Your conclusion is the north will not forget in a hurry? Do u think with the eye openers we are seeing, the rest of the regions will not learn even faster?!

1 Like

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by okechukwu3: 9:03am On May 19, 2013
this boko haram issue can be resolved as soon as possible ,once their political and financial sponsors gives a cease fire order those boko boys will relax.but these sponsors wants this military assult to continue so as to make ppl hate gej.the northern elites aare the problem,hen gej went to borno he told them that they are not sincere .it is just sad that these northern politicians are playing politics with innocent ppl lives

Nobody will hate Gej. No sane person will hate him, people have advocated for this military assault on BH for a longtime and GEJ was opting for dialogue.
He has proved that he is equal to the task.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by elbinmanny(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2013
Maple: How insensitive and foolish some people can be. People are locked up in their houses terrified with no assess to food. transport,communication,etc and some how many bigots here are amused by that.

Be very careful what you wish for others, because it could be your turn and/or those of your loved ones tomorrow. God forbid in the future, a northern president declares a SOE in SE or SS states over the menace of Kidnapping or MEND terrorism - no kidding this is more likely to happen now that a Southern president has paved the way - how many here would find the situation of the people in those SE or SS states amusing? huh, Northerners wont forget this in a hurry oo

just like we didn't forget the civil war? Guy park well joor undecided, make I enjoy this movie cheesy
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by nijanigga: 9:09am On May 19, 2013
Boko haram are just like squirrels, now that attention is in those three states, expect them to strike in other states.If you're wise you must be vigilant. Boko haram are die-hearted and brainwashed who will forever change present day Nigeria.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by ishmael(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2013
spywareczar: We all demand for statement of emergency in kaduna state, coz the worthless empty headed fulani goats are disturbing and killing our people in the rural areas of southern kaduna
There neighbours in nasarawa state have decided to defend themselves by forming the almighty Ombatse cult. They can as well form theirs to defend themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom / Ogbemudia Promises Payback To Oshiomhole / National Assembly Leaders Call Off Planned Meeting Amid DSS Blockade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.