Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri (15760 Views)

24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe / 24-hour Curfew Imposed On Potiskum... / Dusk To Dawn Curfew Imposed In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by mastroesco(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2013
onatisi:
you are talking about food,
that will be the last thing on anybody mind over there now,both the soldiers ,boko haram and innocent citizens.the innocent will and are being used as human shield ,do u think ppl in that condition will be thinking about food. the situation on ground there now is KILL OR BE KILLED.lets get something straight here and that is NIGERIA IS AT WAR AND THIS IS A WAR SITUATION.i guess that when northern politicians were talking rubbish then and were reluctant to condemn the group they never thought it will degenerate to this extent.now see what those politicians have caused i am sure they have all left the affected areas now with their children leaving the poor masses there to suffer

Who told u no one thinks of food. I came out of the Wukari, Taraba St 24hrs curfew. Man Food counts o cos u go stay indoors n Idle n will tend to get hungry easily. I no bath for 3days cos I didn't see it coming so I didn't store water. At a point no water to drink n so we Vex wear Full NYSC Khaki enter road. That was wen I knew the Power of d NYSC khaki. The soldiers took us away, give us food n Water then advised us to leave the town. MY love for soldiers know no Bound.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 9:56am On May 19, 2013
Maple: How insensitive and foolish some people can be. People are locked up in their houses terrified with no assess to food. transport,communication,etc and some how many bigots here are amused by that.

Be very careful what you wish for others, because it could be your turn and/or those of your loved ones tomorrow. God forbid in the future, a northern president declares a SOE in SE or SS states over the menace of Kidnapping or MEND terrorism - no kidding this is more likely to happen now that a Southern president has paved the way - how many here would find the situation of the people in those SE or SS states amusing? huh, Northerners wont forget this in a hurry oo

Will you shut it. Anytime the SE brings up the genocide and the attrocities committed by the FGN between '66; '67 to 70, you people are quick to tell the Igbos to grow up and forget the death of over 3million women and children.
Boko Haram (I am talking about the BH of post 2011 election) was a creation of the Northern Elites, to make the Government of Jonathan *UNGOVERNABLE*.
You are fully aware that this SoE by GEJ is a final resort, that if it were OBJ the BH boys and the North would not have had the time to grow up to this stage.
The Northern youths should hold there Leaders accountable for the misfortune that befell them.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by jude33084(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2013
onatisi: guys why are u talking like this ,when gej was reluctant to declare a soe many didnt know the reason ,now the reason is clear for all to see.this is a special operation and there will be house to house search.those soldiers will be entering enemy houses you think it is easy?forget the 24hrs if any shootout occurs tonight the curfew will be extended for as long as possible.this is what boko buhari and the so called northern politicians want and they will get it in full

I do not thinK Buhari is on their side undecided Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ he must have made silly statement in the past due to frustration but he is no a sponsor of τhis urgly situation. The hausas is not happy about what the Kanuri is doing, drawing them back.

Kanuri people; like sherif the former gov of Bornu and the Minister should be held responsible smiley

Kudos to the Nigerian military for their bravery act.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by solomon111(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2013
If the northern elders are tired of S0E,then they should lobby for a sovereign national conference with secession from Nigeria as the aim.
Then they can deal with BH in their islamic republic by themselves.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 10:09am On May 19, 2013
ochukoccna:

That BH has done worse is no excuse,how then are we 'civilised' Nigerians different from this 'barbaric' savages undecided
Can we believe truly the army's version of 'controlled' reporting with no independent media verification?
Hope this and other thread trying to put a positive spin on the SOE created by SS/SE cheerleaders are digested well by them. because when 2015 comes and their principal is booted out of Aso Rock,payback will be a bitc# for those who want to secede
My two pence cool

You people are so quick to cry blue murder and scream for Justice. The head of *Nigeria Pray* is General Yakubu Gowon. When he was the Head of State he supervised the worst kind of Genocide in the history of Africa targtted at the South Easterners.
Just search through the NL forum and see how many topics created by SE people to discuss the events of '67 to '70. Almost all of them ended with people telling the Igbos to suck it up and grow up. Now the BH has brought the North to this unfortunate situation and you people are still trying to hang it on the Igbo man's neck.
Think for a minute, will someone like OBJ condone the killings that has been going on in the North for the past 3 years. Each killing being worst than the previous one.
Haba, I don't really like GEJ and I don't consider him as an Igbo man, but in this SoE I am fully in support of GEJ.
So you want the man to fold his arms and watch the BH kill off everyone who disagrees with them in the North?
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by 190: 10:11am On May 19, 2013
brownlord:

My park well, tell me who is innocent in the north? Is it the innocent woman, that sell food for the terrorist, or the innocent landlord that habour terrorist, or the poor innocent farmer that decided to use the fertilizers the govt. Provided to boost their agricultural product to make bomb? Listen no innocent citizen will help innocent terrorist to hold an innocent country to ransom, thunder fire all of una for that north, all i keep hearing is innocent women and children, who gve birth to the animls tht constitute this useless group boko haram is not the same innocent women?

If u no get better to talk, just dey blow whistle and start fasting, you had the oppurtunity of living tht God forsaking region, as soon as the SOE was declared by the GCFR but you choose to stay and test the ability of our soldiers, oya dance to the music.

Pekin wen say e mama no go sleep, em self gat shine eye till day break, no body say make small pekin no grow big teeth na provided em make plans for big lips to cover am, nonsense abokis

Abeg JTF, ride on,if una like increase am to 25 hrs self, na dem sabi

Make un no arrest, just shoot, shoot, shoot before you ask question, help turn that region to empty land, imagine the whole north used as farm land by other regions, in 10 yrs time we become the giant of the world, not just africa

Rotfl
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by jude33084(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2013
Maple: How insensitive and foolish some people can be. People are locked up in their houses terrified with no assess to food. transport,communication,etc and some how many bigots here are amused by that.

Be very careful what you wish for others, because it could be your turn and/or those of your loved ones tomorrow. God forbid in the future, a northern president declares a SOE in SE or SS states over the menace of[b] Kidnapping or MEND terrorism[/b] - no kidding this is more likely to happen now that a Southern president has paved the way - how many here would find the situation of the people in those SE or SS states amusing? huh, Northerners wont forget this in a hurry oo

You see how low you can go? Comparing kidnapping and MEND activities with that of BH? angry

You need to grow up dude angry
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 10:15am On May 19, 2013
val_dee: See what these boko rams and their local facilitators are putting people through.

How many ordinary Nigerians can afford to buy food stuffs in advance, talk more of people who have been under constant.

Our fellow citizens are going through hell on earth cause of no sins of theirs coupled with the silence of their so called elders who are only interested in their political aims.

Unfortunately, these elders are in the comfort of their homes with their kids tucked safely abroad leaving the ordinary man to his fate.

What a wicked world ...

*sobbing*
Please Mister put away your sentiment and think.......Would you have supported BH to keep bombing and killing both civilians and Security agents without any check?
How on earth do you think that these Security agents are going to smoke out the BH boys without taking some extreme measures. Knowing fully well that the BH boys have the *silent* but unwavering support of most Northerners.
My brother, suggest a way you will like the Army to carry out their duties of protecting the sovereign intergrity of the Nigerian State against Internal threat?
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by ogundokun: 10:17am On May 19, 2013
Marotzke: please if you know the wards list them. I still have wards there that chose to ride the waves. I can''t get any one on phone.
Sabongeri, maraba, kubao , beniguari....yaba etc
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 10:26am On May 19, 2013
nuclearboy: Let us assume GEJ wins 2015 (though I start to doubt he will). What of 2019 when power MUST change hands?

We are setting precedents and tomorrow will ask us what we did today
The precedents you are talking about has already been set. You seem not to have a good grasp of your history about Nigeria.
MASSOB you made mention of will not get to the level of BH or MEND, because most Igbo Elites and elders have seen the horrors of War and know that Peace is far more valued than War.
State of Emergency in any Eastern state is an extreme that is unlikely. I was in Abia during the reign of the kidnappers, it got to a stage the Elders have to start speeaking out and turning informants. The State governor T.A. Orji must have been adviced well because he has to request the Military presence in his state to avoid SoE. Today Abia is Peaceful again.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 10:30am On May 19, 2013
azimibraun: And my question goes thus, hw can a boko haram operative be identified and clearly seperated frm the regular guys on the street?

Your question is a wise one, but the commander will make sure thee intel is not leaked by keeping his strategies close to his chest and giving his men last minute operatinal orders.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by eagleeye2: 10:33am On May 19, 2013
onatisi:
he is a general,he knows what is going on,he understnds what our army can do when pushed to the wall.
secondly he is in the middle,if he supports mr president he become an enemy of his ppl and if he condemms mr president he will lose national respect and support from other regions,and any statement might land him serious trouble with the authorities

GBAM. well said bro, nothing to add.

1 Like

Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by brownlord: 11:10am On May 19, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Are you saying every single person up north is a boko haram sympathizer? You call yourself a man and yet you gleefully advocate the killing of women and children, mostly harmless individuals caught between a rock and a hard place. Take another look at what you typed up there. Never forget that what goes round comes round.

You should be glad the internet guarantees your anonymity, I tell you.

My friend Parker very well, if boko haram where not accepted by the innocent women and children you talking about now, it would have since bn a forgotten, this animals live amongst the populace, unlike the Niger delta militants that live in the creek, but this animals are living among the populace and they shield them. So what are talking about?
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by VolvoS60(m): 3:56pm On May 19, 2013
brownlord:

My friend Parker very well, if boko haram where not accepted by the innocent women and children you talking about now, it would have since bn a forgotten, this animals live amongst the populace, unlike the Niger delta militants that live in the creek, but this animals are living among the populace and they shield them. So what are talking about?

^^^^
I am not your friend sir.

As I said earlier, the internet allows us all to say things we wouldn't dare say in the real world. You gleefully encouraged Nigerian soldiers to kill women and children whether or not they are guilty of aiding and abetting the boko haramists. Going by your logic, you would not be out of order if you encouraged Nigerian policemen to kill ALL the people in any state where armed robbers are found.

As I said before, what goes round comes round.
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by hafeesa: 6:46pm On May 19, 2013
imperiouxx: I said this before. All I want is all day curfew and continue killing without given us their number. Anyone outside has committed treason against the Federal Rep. of Nigeria and her states...... Such person is a felony, just strike the person down and report "an object had been removed". Ba damua!

What?
In every war, innocent people suffer. The best we can hope for is these evil-doers are brought to justice speedily. There is no doubt that people may starve, medical emergencies will come up, not all our brave soldiers will return the same way the left. This is the harsh reality of the situation. We, however owe it to them to pray for their safety and the downfall of all boko haram supporters and members. My prayer is simple;
Every man, woman, hemaphrodite who has in one way or another encouraged/ supported/ financed the atrocities and crimes against humanity carried out by boko haram will suffer the anger of the Almighty. All the curses in our Holy Books, bothe the Bible and Quran will be visited upon these animals and their families. For every drop of innocent blood they have shed, they will shed a thousand. Every life is sacred,this is what my Creator's words taught me.they have chosen to ignore my Father, therefore He shall rain fire and brimstone upon them and their generations to come.
May God bring our soldiers back hale and hearty.
Amen!
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by JAJIKAMI: 11:48am On May 20, 2013
ideylaff: Political Hullabalooo, they are quenching some monster they created behind the scenes to give credence to Mr President... Like America going to war a year b4 elections..weve seen it all b4

Why has Boko not had any real proper Power and influential Goverment target since.... LOL.

na so so poor people den dey kill since....

Whoz fooling who.....?

Just 2 days and dey are saying they are seeing results on Boko... very funny a movement they created /
has bn running for years just quelled within 1 week like that. Doyin Okupe must be a joker sha....

If they could do this why allow them to grow and do us so much damage over the last few years..

Boko is an internal creation by them, GBAMK, they grew out of hand just like Massob and d past militants dey had to buy their arms off them back in d days for money/amnesty.

Im not fooled even if others are fooled....

I know Nigeria well enough....

Field marshal Doyin Okupe is now reporting war front success as if the people on ground have filed a security report withing 2 days or is it a week of Stste of Emergency

what is the National Security Adviser doing... drinking beer or what?

What a bunch of liars, deceitful and jokers they all are
2 years ago they told us same lies like this... this is now 2013 and they suddenly have woken up from their slumber after needless blood/lives have bn shed.....GOD will judge them all

....https://www.nairaland.com/762912/nigeria-chad-niger-set-launch....

NIGERIAN MILITARY NO MORE THE NATION DEFENDERS..

1. THE NIGERIAN MILITARY TURNED INTO POLITICAL CHARLATANS OF GEJ ADMINISTRATION
2. BY USING THEM AS A TOOL TO ACHIEVE HIS DEVILISH AGENDAS UNABATED.
3. HARASSING, KILLING INNOCENT NIGERIAN IN A SIMPLE BID TO CURVE INSURGENCY (BH) CREATED BY SAME MAN TO ACHIEVE THIS AGENDA.
4. UNPROFESSIONAL APPROACH BY THE MILITARY TO TACKLE SMALL BUT ELUSIVE TARGETS LIKE BH GUERRILLA FIGHTERS

LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: 24-hr Curfew Imposed On Parts Of Maiduguri by Marotzke(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
ogundokun: .
Sabongeri, maraba, kubao , beniguari....yaba etc

It won't be so funny for you if you are living in Jajeri, Kumshe, Bolori or Umarari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom / Tinubu Should Visit His Alma Mater Like Atiku — Aisha Yesufu / Buhari's Eid-el-kabir Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.