Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,479 members, 7,954,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M (8094 Views)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Okagbare Wins Gold In Shanghai / Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Diasporan(m): 2:55pm On May 19, 2013
akintun: Blessing has got the height that can make a huge difference. She needs to work on her start and reduce showboating.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

In sprinting, d height is actually a liability. I have never seen a tall sprinter with a good start.
A good example again of slow starter is Usain Bolt.I believe their height is the actual cause
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Yvete(f): 3:56pm On May 19, 2013
Ooops! cheesy

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 19, 2013
angry angry angry

I missed it.

dammmnnn
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by aieromon(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2013
Congrats and keep the flag flying.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by miketayo(m): 9:51pm On May 19, 2013
akintun: Blessing has got the height that can make a huge difference. She needs to work on her start and reduce showboating.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

In sprinting, d height is actually a liability. I have never seen a tall sprinter with a good start.

usain bolt cheesy ... she needs to work on her start
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 5:49am On May 20, 2013
Congrats to her! Let's hope that she'll win a medal for Naija at the World Championships.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 6:02am On May 20, 2013
Keep up girl,u are making us proud. i pray u will soon be the one to watch.God we lift u higher Amen.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by deene: 10:33am On May 20, 2013
miketayo:

errrm sorry dear but bolt has a very bad start also. he is just super fast, which is what helps him always. u ll notice that he comes alive from the half of the race wen he is in full gear.

but then okagbare can do beta. i see her doing well at the world championships. she just needs to take this athletics thing more serious. that's her main problem!!!
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by deene: 12:52pm On May 20, 2013
adaobi123: angry angry angry

I missed it.

dammmnnn

it was a great race.
Jeter got injured just before the line
Shelly Ann Fraser was flying from start to finish.
Okagbare Really tried at the end. Great finishing power.
She'll be better in the 200m if she works on it!
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by nke001: 7:39pm On May 20, 2013
Reppin 9ja! The Girl is Good.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by sweetgala(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2013
miketayo:

Bolt has a stride advantage coupled with the fact he is fast. And blessing here has that same advantage fast and tall. I don't see why she can't focus on sprinting and blast the competition away.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by omar22(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2013
She hasnt got the start to win any medal at any major event... because in a final once you fall behind you start to tense due to the pressure she reminds me of Asafa Powell who is very good everywhere apart from a final of any major event then he bottles it. She need to learn on how to improve her drive, she has a very good cruise but her drive out of the block is very poor thou sprinters like Usain Bolt, Donovan Bailey or Carl Lewis who have great cruise and just a good Drive.... But sprinters like Maurice Greene, Ben Johnson or Tyson Gay would leave you at the starting block. Blessing needs a trainer to help her with her drive!!!!
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by olapluto(m): 12:30pm On May 22, 2013
Update:
Okagbare wins Beijing challenge in 11.04s. She's steadily consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zy6aKRXun8
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2013
The Jamaican lady was disqualified.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by olapluto(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2013
Afam4eva: The Jamaican lady was disqualified.
She's not a threat to Blessing anyway. Based on current form, Blessing is 3rd in the world, behind Jeter and Fraser P.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 1:01pm On May 22, 2013
ola_pluto:
She's not a threat to Blessing anyway. Based on current form, Blessing is 3rd in the world, behind Jeter and Fraser P.
Blessing is actually first in the diamond league series.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 22, 2013
Blessing Okagbare is increasing looking good for a medal at the next world championships.

Congrats to her for winning the Beijing Challenge.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by deene: 10:05am On May 23, 2013
CFCfan: Blessing Okagbare is increasing looking good for a medal at the next world championships.

Congrats to her for winning the Beijing Challenge.

YES SHE IS.
I HOPE SHE GETS A MEDAL, I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON ON HEART.
I HATE SEEING RAW NATURAL TALENT NOT DOIN GREAT THINGS....
... AND I CAST OUT EVERY SPIRIT OF ASAFA POWELL IN HER LIFE .... LOL
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by deene: 10:10am On May 23, 2013
SHET. I JUST SAW THE VIDEO ... WAS I D ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE "GAP"
DUSTING!!!
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by omar22(m): 10:21am On May 23, 2013
deene: SHET. I JUST SAW THE VIDEO ... WAS I D ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE "GAP"
DUSTING!!!

Did you see the time? 11:03 not fast enough she would need around 10:70-85
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 10:31am On May 23, 2013
11.00 is very good time for this stage of the season.
Camielita Jeter has only ran 10.95 and Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce 10.93

She should be aiming to peak in July during the world championships where she should be able to get her time down to around 10.85 which hopefully may be good enough for a medal.

Providing she does not choke again, like she did in the olympic 100m final
omar22:

Did you see the time? 11:03 not fast enough she would need around 10:70-85

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by deene: 12:30pm On May 23, 2013
GenBuhari: 11.00 is very good time for this stage of the season.
Camielita Jeter has only ran 10.95 and Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce 10.93

She should be aiming to peak in July during the world championships where she should be able to get her time down to around 10.85 which hopefully may be good enough for a medal.

Providing she does not choke again, like she did in the olympic 100m final

THANK YOU. THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO REPLY.
ITS VERY EARLY IN THE SEASON AND SHE DOES 3 EVENTS UNLIKE THE OTHER TWO WHO ARE FOCUSED ON ONE BUT ARE NOW DOING 200M RECENTLY.

IT WILL BE HARD BUT VERY POSSIBLE FOR HER TO MEDAL AT THE WORLD CHAMPS.
I HOPE SHE GETS THAT CHAMPIONSHIP GINGER THAT RUNS IN SHELLY ANNE'S VEINS .... THAT BABE GET CHAMPIONSHIP GINGER EHN, I FEAR!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flying Eagles, Falconets Win On Matchday 2 At The All Africa Games / Chelsea's Davide Zappacosta Set To Join Roma On Season-long Loan / World Cup 2018: Neymar's Performances Are 'Not High Enough' - Brazil Coach, Tite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.