Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral (24544 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / The Correlation Between Rear Admiral (rtd) Mohammed Lawal and Dr Olusola Sarak / Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by naptu2: 2:12pm On May 20, 2013
Abiyamọ: naptu2, thank you very much! Superb contribution!

Thank you.
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Olaone1: 2:18pm On May 20, 2013
naptu2:

grin I'm going to add this to my list.

One thing is sure, though. You are close to those in power. Maybe in Lagos State. Or your childhood was spent in their midst. Or you are a journalist. Etc sha smiley

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by OAM4J: 2:51pm On May 20, 2013
Ola one:
One thing is sure, though. You are close to those in power. Maybe in Lagos State. Or your childhood was spent in their midst. Or you are a journalist. Etc sha smiley

lol.

He is one matured, de-tribalized Nigerian is all I know. I look forward to having him as moderator of this section in the nearest future.

@OP

Good job!

Why did you change from Iyaniwura to ?

2 Likes

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by julioralph(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2013
Did the writer of the article just describe the Nigerian Navy as one of the most sophisticated in Africa?
We love deceiving ourselves in Naija!
Hehehe. I still dey laugh.
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Abiyamo: 3:13pm On May 20, 2013
Keep laughing. That does not change the fact. It is not the best navy on earth but it is surely a force to reckon with on the continent. And as I've said, keep laughing, it's good for the body.
julioralph: Did the writer of the article just describe the Nigerian Navy as one of the most sophisticated in Africa?
We love deceiving ourselves in Naija!
Hehehe. I still dey laugh.
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Abiyamo: 3:17pm On May 20, 2013
Sir, I was thinking the name is smarter and has less syllables, better for optimization on the web (most big brands have names with very few syllables e.g Time, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Google and the rest, the shorter the better), and easier for people, especially non-Yorubas to remember. That's why I made the switch, Sir. Thanks for your constant support and compliments. You are always appreciated.
OAM4J:

lol.

He is one matured, de-tribalized Nigerian is all I know. I look forward to having him as moderator of this section in the nearest future.

@OP

Good job!

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by GenOrumov: 3:20pm On May 20, 2013
Coincidentally, was flipping through the pages of a Property magazine and saw her picture but didn't think much of her and the moment I take my eyes of the paper and look at my computer screen, it was her name I saw on nairaland frontpage. What a coincidence!

2 Likes

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Abiyamo: 3:27pm On May 20, 2013
smiley
Gen. Orumov:
Coincidentally, was flipping through the pages of a Property magazine and saw her picture but didn't think much of her and the moment I take my eyes of the paper and look at my computer screen, it was her name I saw on nairaland frontpage. What a coincidence!
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by jeffizy(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2013
Very robust article.
Quite inspiring.

Qudos to you .

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Sheguama: 4:27pm On May 20, 2013
I see Focus, self believe, and huge courage in her face in that personal pix. At any rate she deserves large commendations. Once a Lioness, always a Lioness. Shooooonnn Sir.
Yess. @ UNN we Restore the dignity of Man.

Tnx for the lot you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Paentera(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2013
OAM4J:

lol.

@OP

Good job!

It is certain that naptu na eja nla and a very matured knowledgeable individual. He's one of the most patient NLers I've come across and I always look forward to his contributions on any thread. naptu one glass to you - May your days be long and fruitful.

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 20, 2013
Congratulations to her. Very shocking that there has never been a female rear admiral. Later, some imbeciles will claim women are treated the same and there has never been discrimination/suppression based on gender.

1 Like

Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 20, 2013
Great Lions and Lionesses!!!
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2015
bottom power grin
Re: Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
How can any Navy personnel in Nigeria be awarded with Rear Admiral, let me ask you people that know too well, does Nigeria have ship, a working ship with full working armoury and functionalities?

Wait is it the ones Babangida and Obasanjo disabled to avoid being used to over throw their govts?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 PDP Governors Working For Tinubu – Daily Post / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. / General Bouba Dobekreo Visits Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.