Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points (1323 Views)

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / 10 Questions For Christians / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:18am On May 19, 2013
After seeing that many christians find difficulty in debating/discussing atheist here on Nairaland, I think there should be something to aid the christians.

1) Respect;
This is the first thing you must do in a debate with an atheist; give him or her some respect. An atheist is also a human being like you, even though he or she does not believe in a creator that created him. The atheists deserve respect. Please, do not talk to them condescendingly as if they are people who are ignorant and lost. You might feel that they are committing a grave error and blasphemy by denying the Almighty God but you still have to respect their decision to be a disbeliever; many atheists left religion after serious examinations of their beliefs and so, do not assume that they are ignorant or lost.

Please, do not treat the atheists like lost/perverted souls who are ignorant because you will be floored instantly as they will simply point out that Jesus of your own religion preached humility and love but you are acting like an arrogant douchebage and know-it-all to be judging them. Please treat them like you would treat a believer in a different religion eg a good muslim or buddhist. Infact, many atheists understand christianity well as they are ex-christians, so do not go assuming that they are necessarily lost
==========================================================================

2)Quoting the bible is not a superior argument
Yes, the bible is God's word and the message but quoting it is not enough. You have to understand the bible quote and in context. Furthermore, a debate is won by logical points made and not faith. You have to argue your points logically and clearly.
You might think you are winning the debate by showing your superior knowledge of the bible but you are actually making some christians feel that you are parroting what you were told and that the atheist is more reasonable as the atheist has only logic to rely on.

Example;
Atheist; I think atheists are very intelligent people because many studies have similar conclusions about it.
Christian; The fool says in his heart that there is no God- Psalm 14;1. Atheists aren't intelligent
Atheist; Well, studies show that atheism is correlated with higher intelligence and also, scientists cant be fools (many scientists are atheists.

(Note that the christian only quoted the bible with no context and no proper argument)
==========================================================================

3) Get the atheists to codify their stances or opinions
This is the weak point of all atheists. They generally do not have a written code of conduct that unites them or guides all of them to a path in life. Issues of morality, ethics and life are quite problematic for them and it will divide them into groups. Take for instance; gay rights- you have atheists on both sides of the issue; some for gay marriage some against it. Furthermore, justifying morality/ethics on logic alone is difficult. Logical paradoxes arise eg what justification would an atheist have to free a slave that wants to be enslaved? Christians cant claim that Jesus said that all men are the same in Christ (and so, no slavery) but the atheist would be left hanging to consider whether to free someone against his/her will (which could be ethically wrong) or leaving someone in slavery (could also be ethically wrong)

However, this doesnt mean that atheists are not moral or can not justify their morality or ethics. The point is that it is a long and difficult justification for them to make.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:25am On May 19, 2013
LWKMD!!!

Someone doesn't know that you get respect when you give respect!
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:28am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi: LWKMD!!!

Someone doesn't know that you get respect when you give respect!

Are you giving respect by trolling my thread?

Attack the opinion not the person
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:37am On May 19, 2013
Can I add something ?

Also understand that an atheist's greatest weapon is Logic mixed with common sense - atheist seem to use Logic to analyze esoteric phenomena; Its like using catapult to shoot at the sun. Do not argue with an atheist, he is ill-equipped to know about existences of deities and low vibration beings.

Regarding Asian Theologies like Christianity and Islam, these are mere concocted theories used by the neanderthals as a weapon of control, instigation of fear and an instrument to answer questions about the all-powerful death, but all these stories are history given life by faith. Do NOT argue with these Muslims and Christians either.

Atheists and Asian Theologians are wrong.

Science never boasts, but puts facts across without faith and hope interplay. Any God theory that can not be proven by science should NOT be taken seriously.

Embrace Pantheism and Scientology today. Join me in the advancement of human knowledge of the Cosmic Infinity, the Absolute oneness. The all pervading Energy that is the cause and effect of all that there is. There is a supreme power & ruling force which pervades & rules the universe. You are part of this power.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:46am On May 19, 2013
Billyonaire: Can I add something ?

Also understand that an atheist's greatest weapon is Logic mixed with common sense - atheist seem to use Logic to analyze esoteric phenomena; Its like using catapult to shoot at the sun. Do not argue with an atheist, he is ill-equipped to know about existences of deities and low vibration beings.

Regarding Asian Theologies like Christianity and Islam, these are mere concocted theories used by the neanderthals as a weapon of control, instigation of fear and an instrument to answer questions about the all-powerful death, but all these stories are history given life by faith. Do NOT argue with these Muslims and Christians either.

Atheists and Asian Theologians are wrong.

Science never boasts, but puts facts across without faith and hope interplay. Any God theory that can not be proven by science should NOT be taken seriously.

Embrace Pantheism and Scientology today. Join me in the advancement of human knowledge of the Cosmic Infinity, the Absolute oneness. The all pervading Energy that is the cause and effect of all that there is. There is a supreme power & ruling force which pervades & rules the universe. You are part of this power.

See cult memeber shocked shocked
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 8:57am On May 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

See cult memeber shocked shocked

It does feel good to insult your elders, aint it ? So you are afraid of cult, yet NOT believe para-existentialist theories.
I was atheist for a decade, a very popular one. Atheism is a null state, its like formatting your hard-drive and its waiting for you to install better softwares or webwares, but if you wanna keep your HDD blank after formatting, then that need not concern me.

Universal forces will interplay perfectly as it should, may be, just may be, in your next incarnation, you will get the notch to keep moving. Now, you are stucked in the ocean of confusion, logic and commonsense.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by kambo(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2013
respect u say..you especially degenerate into cussg after a while.
Atheists here dnt know respct..
U and ur ilks shud tender a public apology for d new proposals 2 b takn seriously.
2.) argue logically : u mean set aside d bible and use REASONG only?
Sorri dude. A psychiatrist cannot detect a "lost soul".
God's sure word of prophecy is of a higher authority dan human logic.
Moreover, most christians, aint skilled in logcl debatg, they believe d bible and tht settles it.
They get weary of d drudgery of anoda atheists debate.
Esp since most debates are useless fightgs in d long run.
Theyr not called sheep for nothg.
A gud sheep is suppose to eat grass (feed on d word) , rest , and follow d Gud shepherd. Not lock horns wth an atheist goat all d time...
A debative nature is discouraged in scripture.

(d sheep analogy is subject to some qualifcations . Theyr verses in scripture commandg d christian to arm himself to answer for his beliefs. Paul was a skilled philosopher.but wanton debatg is condemned)
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2013
kambo: respect u say..you especially degenerate into cussg after a while.
Atheists here dnt know respct..
U and ur ilks shud tender a public apology for d new proposals 2 b takn seriously.
2.) argue logically : u mean set aside d bible and use REASONG only?
Sorri dude. A psychiatrist cannot detect a "lost soul".
God's sure word of prophecy is of a higher authority dan human logic.
Moreover, most christians, aint skilled in logcl debatg, they believe d bible and tht settles it.
They get weary of d drudgery of anoda atheists debate.
Esp since most debates are useless fightgs in d long run.
Theyr not called sheep for nothg.
A gud sheep is suppose to eat grass (feed on d word) , rest , and follow d Gud shepherd. Not lock horns wth an atheist goat all d time...
A debative nature is discouraged in scripture.

Can you read? Where did I say that you should cast away the bible and argue solely on logic? I said that you should do more than quote the bible by understanding it in context. Read the op again

Dont just oppose something because it is from the mouth of Logicboy.

I dont even have time to respond to your other fallacies
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:05am On May 19, 2013
Billyonaire:
It does feel good to insult your elders, aint it ? So you are afraid of cult, yet NOT believe para-existentialist theories.
I was atheist for a decade, a very popular one. Atheism is a null state, its like formatting your hard-drive and its waiting for you to install better softwares or webwares, but if you wanna keep your HDD blank after formatting, then that need not concern me.

Universal forces will interplay perfectly as it should, may be, just may be, in your next incarnation, you will get the notch to keep moving. Now, you are stucked in the ocean of confusion, logic and commonsense.

Please, shift to the side.

This thread is not for the evangelism of scientology.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by kambo(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2013
#3.
Codify stances.
Sounds like a weak appeal to not ask super hard questions.
U want to bring som order to d streetfight going on here? Dont hit below d belt? Use teeth gaurds ! Yeah right .. U wish.
Atheists ask questions only d mind of God can answer. Questions with no implied hint in d bible all in d name of scorg cheap points.
Mayb ur camp shd b honest and throw in d towel wen it gets 2 hard. Mathematicians do it all d time! And theyre as logical as can b.
Mayb both sides shd begin practcg shameless honesty.
Throw hands up and admit imcompetency wen it gets too hard. No codification..
This is a bloody street fght.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:23am On May 19, 2013
kambo: #3.
Codify stances.
Sounds like a weak appeal to not ask super hard questions.
U want to bring som order to d streetfight going on here? Dont hit below d belt? Use teeth gaurds ! Yeah right .. U wish.
Atheists ask questions only d mind of God can answer. Questions with no implied hint in d bible all in d name of scorg cheap points.
Mayb ur camp shd b honest and throw in d towel wen it gets 2 hard. Mathematicians do it all d time! And theyre as logical as can b.
Mayb both sides shd begin practcg shameless honesty.
Throw hands up and admit imcompetency wen it gets too hard. No codification..
This is a bloody street fght.

I dont even know when to start with this silliness.

Did an atheist butthurt you so much that you hate it even when an atheist is trying to support you?

I am saying that it is difficult ofr atheists to codify ethics or morlaity and it always a good thing for a christian-atheists debate....

You are here spouting nonsense out of hate angry
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by nep2ra(m): 9:28am On May 19, 2013
It is the arrogance of these so-called Christians that is so annoying. Most of them quote Bible passages out of context just to pass a superior argument. All hot air and emotion. No substance whatsoever.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by nep2ra(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2013
I kinda like the confidence with which Billyonaire speaks with. It's either he experienced what he's talking about or he's just blabbing. Either way, he appeals to my insatiable sci-fi interest.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by ooman(m): 9:37am On May 19, 2013
xtians are too dumb for me to take seriously or respect
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:41am On May 19, 2013
nep2ra: It is the arrogance of these so-called Christians that is so annoying. Most of them quote Bible passages out of context just to pass a superior argument. All hot air and emotion. No substance whatsoever.

Well said bro.....I couldnt agree more.

Many of them make the mistake of taking bible quotes as strong arguments
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:42am On May 19, 2013
nep2ra: I kinda like the confidence with which Billyonaire speaks with. It's either he experienced what he's talking about or he's just blabbing. Either way, he appeals to my insatiable sci-fi interest.

grin grin grin science fiction
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:43am On May 19, 2013
ooman: xtians are too dumb for me to take seriously or respect

Ooman! Generalizations get you no where....

ooman: the average Nairaland xtian is too dumb for me to take seriously or respect

Now that's better
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:45am On May 19, 2013
ooman: xtians are too dumb for me to take seriously or respect

Olodo!

An Atheist is the one begging for respect in the OP!
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:47am On May 19, 2013
nep2ra: I kinda like the confidence with which Billyonaire speaks with. It's either he experienced what he's talking about or he's just blabbing. Either way, he appeals to my insatiable sci-fi interest.

I speak from Experience, and experience is more than mere sensations.
When I said, I was atheist for about a decade, I mean it 100%, and at this moment, people still believe I am. I personally do NOT buy the idea that the "Islam 'Allah'" or the "Christian 'God'" are one and the same thing. I doubt everything about 'miraculous' birth of Jesus and the 'clandestine' ascension to the 'sky'.

But that does NOT mean that I doubt existences of other energy beings. Cos I have seen things in dimension beyond the third. That does NOT fall within the scope of Atheism, which denounces the existences of anything immaterial (gods and spirits). In my quest to know more, I realized its simply NOT WISE to be stucked in a state of disbelief, when there is an EVIDENCE OF astral existences. Atheism is a formatted State of mind, it needs spirito-cultivation.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by ooman(m): 9:48am On May 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ooman! Generalizations get you no where....

Now that's better

OK, let me rephrase: anyone who believes in 6 days creation, sun standing still, talking snake is too dumb for me to take seriously or respect. ╮(╯_╰)╭
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by ooman(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Olodo!

yea because xtians lack morals
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:51am On May 19, 2013
ooman:

yea because xtians lack morals

Another post that screams: OLODO!!!
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 9:53am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Olodo!

The derailer came back!

I am not begging for respect but simple courtesy shown to other people of other religions....

But no, Logicboy said it and striky must debate it..............
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by ooman(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Another post that screams: OLODO!!!

immorality in action
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 10:02am On May 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

The derailer came back!

I am not begging for respect but simple courtesy shown to other people of other religions....

But no, Logicboy said it and striky must debate it..............

I aint debating it...

It's quite simple really...

You shouldn't ask for what you do not give...
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by ooman(m): 10:14am On May 19, 2013
Billyonaire:

I speak from Experience, and experience is more than mere sensations.
When I said, I was atheist for about a decade, I mean it 100%, and at this moment, people still believe I am. I personally do NOT buy the idea that the "Islam 'Allah'" or the "Christian 'God'" are one and the same thing. I doubt everything about 'miraculous' birth of Jesus and the 'clandestine' ascension to the 'sky'.

But that does NOT mean that I doubt existences of other energy beings. Cos I have seen things in dimension beyond the third. That does NOT fall within the scope of Atheism, which denounces the existences of anything immaterial (gods and spirits). In my quest to know more, I realized its simply NOT WISE to be stucked in a state of disbelief, when there is an EVIDENCE OF astral existences. Atheism is a formatted State of mind, it needs spirito-cultivation.

what are the evidences of spirits that you talk about.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 10:16am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

I aint debating it...

It's quite simple really...

You shouldn't ask for what you do not give...

lolol......

What I do not give? You must be joking.

You r taking this too pesonal.....I think another hidden comment will set you straight
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 10:21am On May 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolol......

What I do not give? You must be joking.

You r taking this too pesonal.....I think another hidden comment will set you straight

Personal?

I laugh in tongues!

#Hurry now and fetch your police. I am used to the politics you guys play already.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by Nobody: 10:23am On May 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, shift to the side.

This thread is not for the evangelism of scientology.
You are NOT to be taken seriously, cos you know nothing about atheism. You are simply calling yourself atheist cos it makes you feel good. When I was atheist, I did so after Astral Traveling to universes beyond the third dimension without evidence and coming to realization that there was no single entity codenamed God there. I thought Astral Plane was the entire spirit world hence God was supposed to be. I was confused, but lots have changed after many encounters and I now can not say there are no beings beyond material universe.

We live in a parallel universe, sharing cosmos with beings we can not see but are here with us on a different wavelength and frequency, this makes being atheist, foolishness of a certain degree. I felt ashamed of being atheist for a decade, but I felt better knowing I had to go through that stage to become 'knowledgeable' about Concepts of the Universe. And there are many more things that I know that scientist will only know in future, one of which is; That we, as specie, once lived in Mars, and we destroyed Mars and some of us teleported down here while the others with low brainwaves have to be born here. Energy we are, energy is all. Study energy, and you will understand what God means NOT what it is.
Re: How To Debate Atheists (for Christians); 3 Points by kambo(m): 10:31am On May 19, 2013
Billyonaire: You are NOT to be taken seriously, cos you know nothing about atheism. You are simply calling yourself atheist cos it makes you feel good. When I was atheist, I did so after Astral Traveling to universes beyond the third dimension without evidence and coming to realization that there was no single entity codenamed God there. I thought Astral Plane was the entire spirit world hence God was supposed to be. I was confused, but lots of changed after many encounters and I now can not say there are no beings beyond material universe.

We live in a parallel universe, sharing cosmos with beings we can not see but are here with us on a different wavelength and frequency, this makes being atheist, foolishness of a certain degree. I felt ashamed of being atheist for a decade, but I felt better knowing I had to go through that stage to become 'knowledgeable' about Concepts of the Universe. And there are many more things that I know that scientist will only know in future, one of which is; That we, as specie, once lived in Mars, and we destroyed Mars and some of us teleported down here while the others with low brainwaves have to be born here. Energy we are, energy is all. Study energy, and you will understand what God means NOT what it is.

u left one delusion (atheism) for anoda delusion en route to lake fayaro (hell fire's big broda). Guy repent of all these nonsense u've put urself into. Jesus is d answer..
Not all these junk satan is feedg u with.
If u need more info, send me a private mssge.
Peace. Ur soul is precious.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism! Largely Triggered By Religious Hypocrisy / Bible Shows That Angels Have p.enis / Is Redeemed Still A Church Or Is It Now Essentially A Business Concern?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.