Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted (550 Views)

Google Trolls Apple Hard In Hilarious Easter Egg In Google Maps / Webmasters Come In. How To Insert Google Maps To A Site. / Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted by obynocj(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2013
A Chinese man who was abducted as a child about 23 years ago said he was able to find his family with the help of Google Maps...

Luo Gang said he was abducted at age 5 near his school and raised by adoptive parents in Sanming, Fujian province — and all he could remember about his hometown was that it had two bridges, The Daily Telegraph, Britain, reported Friday.
Luo said he posted about his desire to find his biological parents on a Chinese website aimed at reuniting families with missing children, and a contributor replied with information about a Sichuan province couple who lost their son 23 years ago.
Luo said he used Google Maps to research the possibility and found the two bridges he remembered from his youth in Sichuan’s Linshui county.
Luo said he was overjoyed to be reunited with his parents, Huang Qingyong and Dai Jianfang, who had since adopted a daughter.
The parents told Leo of his original name, Huang Jun.
“I felt heartbroken. I couldn’t eat or sleep and I cried every day thinking my son was missing and didn’t have enough food or clothes out there,” Dai said of her son’s disappearance.
source http://revealzone..com/2013/05/google-maps-helps-man-find-parents-23.html

Re: Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted by Nobody: 11:00am On May 20, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted by Ishilove: 11:12am On May 20, 2013
Brand_new: Interesting.
call me. Your number aint going
Re: Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted by yemi2plus(m): 11:44am On May 20, 2013
3rd
Re: Google Maps Helps Man Find Parents 23 Years After He Was Abducted by Nobody: 11:55am On May 20, 2013
Ishilove:
call me. Your number aint going
My phone got stolen and i'm yet to retrieve my number. You can inbox me your number and i'll call ASAP.

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Hot And Profitable Niche / Electronic Airtime Recharge Website / (free) .com Blog Give Away. To A Lucky Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.