Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water (30869 Views)

Church Members Scramble For Holy Condom Blessed By Pastor In Kenya (photo) / Female Witchdoctor Confesses In T.B Joshua’s Synagogue Church (photo) / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by luluosas(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2013
Stegomiah: Him be prophet naw, make im wake d dead up, afterall Elijah d prophet raised up d dead, jesus christ did soo too, t.b joshua its naw ur turn, if 2 prophecy bad news, deaths na dia we go seee yu, but dis one you don go hide, smh! You must wake dem up!
You need the mercy of God now!!!
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by olumyde(m): 9:20am On May 20, 2013
muktar mtt: Hahaha I jst new it christernity is nfing but joke mtsw doz ppl no get brian @ all
Then what category will that put islam. Check out how many ppl have died during stampedes in mecca, and its not as if they are getting any miracle there. You know how many people have died as a result of ur brothers fighting jihad all over the world. At least, they weren't cutting people's head and shouting "praise the lord hallelujah". Like your people who will be cutting people's head and shouting "allahu akbar". Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Kelvin677(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2013
ayobase: Now some of us are barking cos this particular "stampede" is related to the church particularly pastored by "T.B. Joshua".

Even I'm Mecca, there are records of stampede, even during festivals, there are records of stampede. Even campaign and election, there are issues of stampede. Stampede also during peaceful demonstration.

Stampede at stadium.....stampede when struggling for survival....

In whatever way, the unfortunate ones suffer this among the crowd aiming for a purpose.....let's not drag church into this!

Why don't u blame the stampeders!

u jst said my mind bt d fools among ur wl strt religious discrimitions

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Edunwa302(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2013
If this story is true may there soul rest in peace.
I think that was why prophet tb joshua said on emmanurl tv yesterday that they have to suspend the distribution for now untill they find a better way of distributing it.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Fuelish: 9:36am On May 20, 2013
Janiobi: Ghana, to like free stuffs thats y the can't control them self when ever they hear (free)......smiley
You mean a stampede leading to death has never occured in nigeria,huh? I hate it when people begin to sound like self-righteous demons! Stuff happen. About half of the congregation at that particular session were Nigerians, some also came from Ivory Coast,Togo and Burkina Faso. what happened in Ghana could have happened anywhere, including nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by olumyde(m): 9:37am On May 20, 2013
Carsonv:
Right now we're not talking about Mecca or a footlball match.
We're talking about stampede cos of 'holy water'. To me, that's the dumbest way to die!
Fanaticism!
If you need us to talk about stampede in Mecca put up a thread about it!
So dying in a stampede in Mecca or at a football match is a smart way to die? Its the same mentality that killed this people. At least they wanted miracle, though they went about it the wrong way.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Fuelish: 9:39am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers: Holy water, that I'm sure came from the Tap.

Some People need a Brain Transplant.
a very silly thing to say, considering the fact that human being died in this unfortunate incident!

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Fuelish: 9:44am On May 20, 2013
olumyde: So dying in a stampede in Mecca or at a football match is a smart way to die? Its the same mentality that killed this people. At least they wanted miracle, though they went about it the wrong way.
You think the people that died went out there to die? people, with families, died so try and be sensitive. In today's world, people die for far more absurd reasons and things. if these unfortunate people thought getting the anointed water was going to help them.that was why they went out there, not to get killed! the fact that died is the tragedy, not because they went in search of anointing water or any such stuff.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Nobody: 9:45am On May 20, 2013
never_say_never:

You're too serious, it won't raise the dead you know?
when any of your loved one or relative die and i laugh my a*ss off and make silly jokes them, please remember this statement you just made.. And ill tell you the exact thing you just said.. Ps: may God not let it happen to any of your loved one

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by chriskwaku: 9:48am On May 20, 2013
Cusubaba: Very sad! May the dead rest in peace. Just read Ghanaians comments to article on ghanaweb.com, myjoyonline.com, peacefmonline.com, modernghana.com. You will be amazes how Ghanaians insults, abuse to Nigeria, T.B Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome. It also amazes me how a Ghanaian pastor like Prophet Owusu Bembah, who is enjoying the mercies of God as a divorcee and rapist accuses TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome of winning souls for the devil.
Good morning bros. On a seroius prophet Owusu Bempah has problems many pastors including Rev Agyin Asare and Bishop Duncun Williams who incidently ordained him.

1 Like

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by K4: 10:08am On May 20, 2013
Sagewood: Whatever happens to forming lines with church workers supervising attendees? So much disorderliness. Only in Africa!
The pastor and officials of the Ghana church of the Synagogue should take responsiibility for the unfortunate incident. They said they were not going to start arranging the crowd until a few hours to the start of service on Sunday morning.That was a big mistake. when a crowd starts gathering at about 6pm on Saturday, you don't tell them to wait till 6 am Sunday before you start arranging them in lines! That was exactly what happened. If the church-through the ushers- had arranged for lines to be formed very early,as they do in Lagos, all the confusion and tension would not have happened. It was a tragedy waiting to happen. the church needs to work on its crowd control systems urgently. a vast majority of the congregation conducted itself well, but a tiny minority-mostly young boys who apparently were looking for free anointing water to resell, were the cause of the mayhem. very unfortunate incident. my condolences to those who lost family members. may their souls rest in perfect peace. and for those busy castigating Prophet TB Joshua, I advise them to take it easy. Things of the Lord are often very difficult to explain. None of us, and I mean NONE of us, has the right to judge any other being. God is the ultimate Judge and he had said on judgement day,He will apply higher standards to those who went about in His name. So what's your problem?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by K4: 10:13am On May 20, 2013
Cusubaba: Very sad! May the dead rest in peace. Just read Ghanaians comments to article on ghanaweb.com, myjoyonline.com, peacefmonline.com, modernghana.com. You will be amazes how Ghanaians insults, abuse to Nigeria, T.B Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome. It also amazes me how a Ghanaian pastor like Prophet Owusu Bembah, who is enjoying the mercies of God as a divorcee and rapist accuses TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome of winning souls for the devil.

keep quiet if you don't have anything more meaningful to say. you hatred for anything Ghana has clouded your sense of reasoning to the extent that you don't realise the topic is not whether Ghanaians hate Nigerians or vice versa, and that it is about the death of FOUR souls! If you want to talk about what Ghanaians think of Prophet Joshua,or any other person, open another thread!

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by olumyde(m): 10:36am On May 20, 2013
Fuelish: You think the people that died went out there to die? people, with families, died so try and be sensitive. In today's world, people die for far more absurd reasons and things. if these unfortunate people thought getting the anointed water was going to help them.that was why they went out there, not to get killed! the fact that died is the tragedy, not because they went in search of anointing water or any such stuff.
@fuelish, i wasn't being insensitive, you'll see from my other posts. I was just responding to the person whose post i quoted, who was trying to distinguish btw dt stampede and other stampedes. So it will seem that i'm with you on d fact dt its just an unfortunate incident.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by K4: 10:44am On May 20, 2013
godjohnson: I am very sure you don't know what a stampede is.part of the incident was shown on emmanuel tv,there were ushers and up to ten soldiers struggling with the crowd and this still happened.i blame the stampeders for this.Ghanians no dey hear word
It's not fair to blame the 'stampeders' entirely. the church should take the greater blame. Why? how can you allow tens of thousands of people to gather at your gate for hours and not arrange them in lines? people started coming to the church as early as 5pm.At Synagogue in Lagos, they start queuing by 5pm of the evening preceding service. so those going for sunday service start lining up from about 5pm Saturday. the ushers are there to make sure things are done properly. that was not the case in Accra. the crowd grew and grew, and they stood on their feet for several hours. meanwhile thousands of chairs had been arranged outside the church under canopies for the service. why didn't they allow the worshipers to be numbered and seated under the canopies till early Sunday when they can be ushered in an orderly manner into the main church building? Instead, they allowed the crowd to stand on their feet for at least five hours, creating needless tension etc. the main church building was left empty till about 8am sunday, by which time a huge crowd had gathered. the real trouble started when they were moving people into the main church building.Instead of picking from the restless crowd to fill the church, they were bringing people from outside-said to be members and families, and that in my opinion was wrong. At Synagogue in Lagos, there is nothing like giving preference to church members over new worshippers! can you imagine! the new worshiper,or the first timer,in my opinion, needs to hear the message more than the so-called church member! It was a tragedy waiting to happen. Interestingly, a good number of those in the crowd were Nigerians, as well those from Togo,Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Nobody: 10:57am On May 20, 2013

Are you donating your own brain to charity
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Nobody: 11:00am On May 20, 2013
ayobase: Now some of us are barking cos this particular "stampede" is related to the church particularly pastored by "T.B. Joshua".

Even I'm Mecca, there are records of stampede, even during festivals, there are records of stampede. Even campaign and election, there are issues of stampede. Stampede also during peaceful demonstration.

In whatever way, the unfortunate ones suffer this among the crowd aiming for a purpose.....let's not drag church into this!

Correct, you just won my award on logical reasoning....

But people should wisen up and stop following everything sheepishly. Man of god dey owe me since last year dey tell me story dey build him house with my cement. God dey look am.

Nah God i dey watch make me no wan act. I sabi craze oo.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by OCcool: 11:05am On May 20, 2013
muktar mtt: Hahaha I jst new it christernity is nfing but joke mtsw doz ppl no get brian @ all
U re so retarded in ur thinking, animal like u!!
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by bonna4u(m): 11:27am On May 20, 2013

okay now... The police should start an investigation into the matter, arrest the stampeders and charge them for man/woman/kid-slaughter. Is that better?
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by dagentility(f): 11:35am On May 20, 2013
Honestly,am dumbfounded reading dis news,could it be true. I need 2 watch Emmanuel t.v next sunday to knw if dis rumour is true. I just hope dis is not d usual plot to tarnish d name of my senior prophet T.B.Joshua.
Nawao for some people,why cant dey just be in queue so as to make the distribution of d holy water easier.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Mintayo(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2013
biafranqueen: When will people learn to have a personal relationship with they God Wonders shall never cease

i don't know what is strong with christains today...they want quick miracles, while they can't b patient enough with God to help them...d Bible is enough for anybody that wants anything from God...
If only they know; we are not to go to any prophet for anything;we are nt 2 seek any prophet but to seek only after Christ-if we r 2 go to any prophet, we are only to go to prophet for confirmation of what God has told us through His words or so!
And funny enough this hly water may not even work!
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by dagentility(f): 11:44am On May 20, 2013

There are two types of holy water. The one from the devil and the one from God. The one given out by T.B. Joshua is from God,am a living testimony,my sister couldn2 conceive since 10 months of marriage,but immediately she used d holy water we got from SCOAN,she conceived,and gave birth 2 a baby boy whom she named Emmanuel. So i wil advise yoy check well before you talk. If you dont belive in SCOAN,somone else does plss.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by ABUGEORGE(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Glory be to god

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1114820_god20dey_jpg76ac9cd79e421dbf9faef8c209fc7d92[/img]
. Dont mind those our pastors. My question is where are d offering, tithes, church building and others are dey for d church or d poor ones. We are d church. May God help us wit dis church stuff becos i dont know who to follow between pastor and reggae
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by konn: 11:57am On May 20, 2013
stampede happens especially where ther is a large crowd; stadiums, campaigns, rallies, demonstrations, religious gatherings, etc. so people should learn to be orderly whenever they are attending any public gatherings
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by brightnelly(f): 12:07pm On May 20, 2013

True talk M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥♡̬̩̃ brother, some people here needs counseling......just saying ooo
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by tallceejay(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=AmicableEd]What kind of death will we call this one now, holy death?

What kind of biased statement is this ? If you aren't comfortable with his ministry, why don't u let God judge him ? And den you focus on your salvation ??
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by tallceejay(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Are you sure the four were not for human sacrifices?

Oh u r right. They were. U shuda been the fifth one.... grin grin
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by Clemzy16(m): 1:45pm On May 20, 2013
When a person suffers from delusion, it is called Madness. When a group of people suffers from delusion, it is called religion.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by blackbeau1(f): 2:12pm On May 20, 2013
they are going straight to heaven.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by dkingsman4real(m): 2:21pm On May 20, 2013
THIS WORLD. T B J, SOLD THE WATER PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD COMPLAIN, NOW IS FOR FREE, SEE THE RESULT. WELL, PEOPLE MUST TALK BUT BE CAREFUL SO U DONT GET INTO TROUBLE WITH YOUR TUNGE.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by redsun(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2013
People perish needlessly for lack of knowledge.
Re: 4 Killed In T.B. Joshua’s Church In Ghana During Stampede For Holy Water by andyanders: 7:16pm On May 20, 2013
T.B.Joshua, is an instrument of God used for the salvation of man. You people calling him names should please allow him be. Why is it that you people love to bring his name up whenever there is any tragedy? He gives prophecy, you call him prophet of doom. He gives out what he cherishes to the poor, you still call him names.

God is with him and his ministry, the wise men and his family and they will continue to prosper. I know it is with this name calling you haters end up promoting his ministry. I cannot blame you guys.One thing I can ask you guys to do is this, check anywhere in the world, Synagogue Church of All Nations NEVER ever carry out any church advert. It is from your name calling that you keep spreading his name to the glory of God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.