Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". (7674 Views)

New Music: Lil Kesh Ft. Patoranking - Is It Because I Love You / Anybody Got Ryan T - If Na Love You Want? / Akon, You Already Know I Want To Love You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 20, 2013
Awwww *squeals* grin Ivy I like the beats. My hubby liked the beats too.

Baby oyefunu aya oh grin

I love it! Congrats girl.

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 20, 2013
ItsModella:
not everyone understands what Olamide or Phyno says in their songs either.

I did...lets go

Ndi ala, ndi ala, lele, lele, lekwa ha. Ha choro irim, ha choro irim, ha choro irim, ghost mode, you nogo see me. 2ce...

O ga eme gi vum na anya, o ga eme gi vum na anya.

Ghost mode.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Afam4eva(m): 6:32pm On May 20, 2013
igbsam: The Auto Tune is just a No No for me, You rushing the lyrics like you want to meet up with the timing of the beat, Your accent is too Igbotic...you know what i meant, Also, too much igbo language in the lyrics, not everyone understands what you are saying. But lovely beat.
There are songs in swahili, xosa and chinese that you can listen to. You musn't listen to this one. It's a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by lernah: 6:47pm On May 20, 2013
Arbeg do release d song
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Manweysabi(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2013
Nice one dear... just keep on keeping on, you'll get there!
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by osasz: 7:00pm On May 20, 2013
Manweysabi: Nice one dear... just keep on keeping on, you'll get there!

manweysabi pls i nid ur to contact u its urgent u can mail me on whobornu@gmail.com
thx
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 7:12pm On May 20, 2013
Oh my God. I' m humbled by the criticisms and appreciation. I didn't know that the thread is running. I'm mobile now, will respond when I get home.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 20, 2013
Toto dike sings better than this. Urrgh

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by biolabee(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2013
i love d beats,, dont understand some of the lyrics.. a collabo with a rapper will be cool at 2.40
i love the chant type like u r crying for ur lost heart
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 20, 2013
What is this? angry angry angry angry embarassed. Sorry girl; If i should comment on this song lipsrsealed, you won't like me again......so i'll pass smiley
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 20, 2013
Nice beats, nice voice, I love it.

smiley smiley smiley "ifu n'aniya anyi gha adigide oooh" smiley smiley smiley

See me as I dey dance ,huh, Ivysweet u rock!!!
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 20, 2013
Ooop, double post
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by martyns303(m): 7:56pm On May 20, 2013
me and my lil sis rocking the jam. nice beat and I can feel the bass.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 20, 2013
U got goiter?, re-do it and be more audible... Nyc beat tho.

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by ejifranks(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2013
Nice concept...Loving the way you did the song in the native tongue....you have to work on your voicing, its kinda faraway and the lyrics are not audible enough....just a little energy and depth would do the trick...and practice practice, practice.... perfect this your game cause i see you going places.... Na Me TnE dey talk soooo....
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 20, 2013
I listened to it twice.
The first time I felt the voice and sound reminded me of songs in the 'sweet mother I no go forget you' era.

I listened to it the second time with my earphones and I appreciated the sound more.

Now the voice can be better. It is not the best as it is now. And I think it's because of the accent. I actually didn't hear much autotune as people said. I would prefer if you sang everything in Igbo. You can leave the chorus as it is because that's what actually sells the song.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Mamacita007(f): 9:01pm On May 20, 2013
Nwanne carry go egwu igbo di uto. The 1st tym sounds noisy for my liking but its gd not just perfect for public listening.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:18pm On May 20, 2013
Nna eh, ndigbo (african jews) ppl full dis thread hia oo! cool
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 12:27am On May 21, 2013
I love it sis!! cheesy

Of course I do not understand Igbo, however it's such a beautiful song.
You have a strong voice and just as adaobi123 said, I thought it would be much softer but
I am impressed!! smiley

And the beat is awesome!! smiley Go girl!!
Got any more tunes?

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 12:29am On May 21, 2013
obadiah777: --I'M HATING--

tell us something we don't know. tongue grin
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 1:27am On May 21, 2013
obadiah777: BETTER NOT BE NO VIRUS IN THAT LINK NEITHER angry
SMH grin grin
From what I could hear, the beat was the only thing I liked in the song. The voice didn't sound natural at all. But overall, you tried,really. smiley
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 1:52am On May 21, 2013
kandiikane: Oh alright. Try uploading it on youtube so others won't have problems with compatibility.

I'm well, how about you?

Cool Babes.

ijebabe: Such a cute song haha! You sound different from what I imagined though. I agree with everyone that the beats are nice, the highlife kinda beat you want to move to. Didn't like the audio tune much though, I think Tonto has killed it for me tongue
Hope you continue with this smiley

Ije thanks Babes. Where have you been?

lertee: I love you tooo kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

mascot87: I love you sweet heart,the song is great and lovely,please you are gifted and do keep it up

Thanks Dudes for showing a sister some love. Haha.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 2:11am On May 21, 2013
adaobi123: I like this. The Igbo kiss kiss kiss I also like the lyrics and the beat is sick too. However, I imagined your voice to be softer undecided Thats my opinion though.

Yeah Babes. Repping the Igbos. Didn't I tell you guys that I am the Nnukwu Ada ndi Igbo. Lol grin
On a serious note, Nigerian music is at a level of "represent your culture" right now. You infuse some ethnicity into it and it's all soulful, African and unique.
When Duncan Mighty and Timaya, Muma Gee reps the Portharcourt/Baylesa region of Nigeria, I just trip.
May D, Davido reps the yorubas with some yoruba infused raps I bow.
Flavour, Psquare reps the Igbos I shiver grin (only flavour knows to make a song with Kporokotom Jeez!)
I heard one for the first time this evening titled "Ogbanje" and I just like it.(Ogbanje is a negative Igbo word yet dude made sweet song with that). I mean we ain't forming anymore and copying others, we are standing out Unique with our root.

ItsModella: The beat is nice, the voice could have been better without the excessive autotuning. The lyrics were a bit rushed in the chorus, sounded like you tried fitting in so many words into one line.

Overall, I think it's good, not bad at all for a first single.

I appreciate your analysis Modella. Thanks

delors: Nice song, but is she/he a Nigerian or south African?
I was wondering why you mentioned South Africa because my song reminds me of Lucky Dube's music (touching, hearty, soulful). My producer told me that all his friends that heard it while we were working on it said that it is soothing. South African songs always come soulful/soothing and I like their music too.

mallorca:
can i manage you?

Mr Manager.grin

1 Like

Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 2:32am On May 21, 2013
Idowuogbo: wot? shocked shocked shocked shocked o dikwa egwu o!!

can we collabo? wink cheesy

Time to do that our Collabo wey we talked about in the past. grin
Oya write us some rap lines girl, Nicki Minaj ain't hotter than you----Is she?

Idowuogbo: ok i'm bck!

Ivy na "DESIRE" u dey call " D ~I~S~O~Y~A"?

Gal, stop it! angry angry angry

Listen well, it was Desire I said not disoya. I guess the sound of the beat mixed in and you didn't hear it all.

Idowuogbo:

Ivy, u hia? feature me o! lets make dis monrri cheesy cheesy

Yeah (singing)we got a condo on our wrist girl, we are cashing out. We are cashing out.
We got a condo on our neck girl we are cashing out, we are cashing out.grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mfuifkZgc
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 2:46am On May 21, 2013
bigass: THE MAIN THING I LIKE ABOUT IT IS THE IGBO ACCENT. ITS NICE PLEASE TAKE AWAY ANY FOREIGN ACCENT IN YOUR SUBSEQUENT WORKS

Thanks dear.

seaman007: I didn't listen to it,but its tight kudos man
How come you knew it's tight when you didn't listen to it.grin Guess you are just a clean hearted fellow encouraging another. Thanks Man.

Odenigbo Aroli: Ivy nne,your sh*t is good but try and slow down a bit. Let listeners hear and enjoy your sweet voice. I do write Igbo songs,love,especially. I wish I could get hold of you to give some back up suggestions. A hardcore Igbo rap on the back. Just throwing a bone out there.

Yeah man, repping our Igbo. One Love!

austushi1: U must hv paid some cool cash to seun or d mods/supermods to get dis in front page! I'll be glad if u would be kind enuf to tell me how u did it!

Thanks.

Hey, 9ce song tho

Seun said "respect the Moderators" grin.
Respect the Mods and the Mods will do you good, hahaha.

FYsol: cool...lovely naija accent love song. kudos

Thanks Man.

RollingFella: Nice concept. your voice is a little flat, devoid of free flow and energy. put in some energy and passion that will rhyme with your voice into your songs. Great beats too.

Thanks there.
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Ivynwa(f): 2:55am On May 21, 2013
InvertedHammer: Like the beat.

The chorus part is unrefined (a lot of rough edges)

Remove the auto-tune..show your real talent.

Looks like a good product that was hurriedly put together.

Get back on the drawing board cos I think you may be heading in the right direction

I did prefer only my natural voice as a first timer then i walked into the studio and heard these bits of auto tune thrown in the mix by Mr. Producer and I let him do his thing. It did sound nice to me or else i would have rejected it. I love it even if some don't. We all can't agree, you know. Thanks very much for your encouragement.

Tgirl4real: Well, I will say it's Ok.

I didn't feel it too much the first time I listened to it. It's like the lyrics were being dragged. After the 3rd tym, I started feeling it. grin

It's danceable (I love the beat), though I don't understand nada... smiley

Well done!

Thanks Miss.

REALITY101: Beat =so so

Voice 89.9 auto tune X

Repeating the same thing all over for 4 minutes?

Nice try... Good luck

Reality101 my friend na you dey pour this sand for my garri. Wait for me , I will catch you grin

playah P:

The lose of quality can be from one of two factor or both!!

1- the producer selected a lower quality during conversion from daw (digital audio workstation) to mp3 or wav!!

2- the monitors( or speakers) used during the mixing gave you the "false feel". This occurs when a low quality monitor is used and this wouldn't relay the sound properly. You might be hearing the right thing when in the studio but as soon as u play it on other audio device, the quality craps up.

Inexperience has a part to play too but that's why I recommend playing your song on different devices (including car sterero) before u take it out of the studio.

Nice work though!!

Thanks dude.

lightheart: Your song is cool. Indigenious

I'm crazily in love with the opening line (onye'm fulu n'anya...)

As for the beat, its a monster beat on a ragga slow tins. Na killer be dat one

So therefore:

Soften ur voice
Calm the tempo a bit
I tink a feature would come in handy..give me that ragga somtin

Blend ur voice modulations..

On a whole, this is a real good tune...gives one that feel-good feeling.
Well done you, nwanyioma!

You are one hell of a sophisticated analyst with a heart. #Respect
Re: Ivynwa - "I Love You Boy". by Nobody: 2:57am On May 21, 2013
The song overall was nice.

As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. So, u may be the next music star from Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Timi Dakolo: Great Nation / Who's The Best Igbo Rapper Amongst These?? / Johnny Drille — Believe Me (Lyric Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.