Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,739 members, 7,813,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

*HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public (4370 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Notary Public Info / Please Urgent, Authentication And Notary Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by Tamax: 7:42pm On May 20, 2013
Dear NL members.. i need your help and answer... i want to apply to a higher institution abroad and i was ask to send my application documents but "Documents should be confirmed by notary public" and i already make a 'certified true copy of the documents" in high court.. My question is that is this "notarization" different from " certified true copy done in high court" Thanks i need an answer as soon as possible because there is no time on my side.
Re: *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by fittty(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2013
You'r school aadmission officiaal will be in the best position to answer you

1 Like

Re: *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by Tamax: 10:45am On May 21, 2013
fittty: You'r school aadmission officiaal will be in the best position to answer you
Okay..thanks but pls am far away from the school i finish from and do u have any ideal on this notarizatn of documents?
Re: *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by henrychubayo: 12:26pm On May 25, 2013
Sorry i commented late but to the best of my knowledge, certified true copy done by you is enough for anything you want to do with those certificates. Wen asked to notarize it its wen there are no official institution or organization in the country or state that are required by law to certify documents. in this case, you can notarize it in which the person who notarize it will say that he has seen those documents and its exactly true copies of the original he has seen.

1 Like

Re: *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by Tamax: 1:05am On May 26, 2013
henrychubayo: Sorry i commented late but to the best of my knowledge, certified true copy done by you is enough for anything you want to do with those certificates. Wen asked to notarize it its wen there are no official institution or organization in the country or state that are required by law to certify documents. in this case, you can notarize it in which the person who notarize it will say that he has seen those documents and its exactly true copies of the original he has seen.
Thank you very much sir/ma.. As u have said it.. Its already late.. Since i got no solution on the next step to take. Appilcation preiod is already over and am scare to pay the application fees that is why i quit. Your answer really help.. Thanks.. I will try my luck next time.
Re: *HELP* Documents Should Be Confirmed By Notary Public by PECng: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2023
New Conditions for Notarizing Your Transcript in Nigeria

Before we dive into discussing the new conditions for notarizing your transcript in Nigeria, we must firstly clear the popular confusion on mixing up authentication of transcript/certificate with notarization of transcript; please note that while authentication of transcript/certificate is done by the Ministry of Education, notarization of transcript is done by Notary Public (a.k.a Notary Club). Authenticating your transcript/certificate and notarizing your transcript have almost the same use, but which one of them you need to process depends on what the receiver is asking from you; make sure you are clear what you are asked for so you don’t end up doing the wrong document after time and money have been spent. Notarizing your transcript is a process of legalizing your academic qualification, and it’s usually needed when you need to use the transcript to get a job or an admission outside of the country. The Notary Public is assuring the institution/organisation where you need the transcript that the document is a legit one. The need for notarized transcript went up in Nigeria as the “Japa” Syndrome became infectious and wide-spreading after COVID-19, now since there are more demands for notarization of documents there has to be new rules popping up every now and then so that the validity and credibility of the process of notarizing documents would remain intact or get stronger. Before, you could just take any transcript to the Notary Public and your notarization would be done for you in hours or a couple of days with no huddle at all. But now, Notary Public don’t take just any document anymore. For instance, they wouldn’t collect a photocopied or printed transcript from you; they need the original paper transcript issued by your school carrying the original signature and stamp of your school. So if you are about to apply for your transcript you want to notarize, do not apply for an electronic copy, rather apply for a paper copy because that is what you are taking to the Notary Public for notarization. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2023/08/new-conditions-for-notarizing-your.html

(1) (Reply)

Travel Advice From Asaba,onitsha To Lokoja / What Does One Need To Travel Out From Nigeria / Thinking Of Moving To Ireland - Leilah Pls Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.