Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church (3316 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church / 57th Annual Convention Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (rccg) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by chiefkeef: 11:43pm On May 20, 2013
[i]The escalation of Muslim attacks on Christian churches in Egypt continues unabated. This week two attacks were carried out, one in Alexandria and one in Menbal in Upper Egypt - both allegedly prompted by harassment of Muslim women.

Yesterday the church of St. Mary, in the Dakhela district, west of Alexandria, was attacked by Molotov cocktails and bricks, causing the gate to burn and the breaking of most of the stained glass windows. One Copt was killed and several injured.

According to the official police explanation, the Copt Basem Ramzy Michael was seen by the Muslim Hamada Alloshy, a registered criminal, allegedly extending his body from his balcony to gaze at the flat of Alloshy's sister, who lives on the ground floor.

A quarrel broke out and when the church was attacked, hundreds of Copts hurried to the area to defend the church, among whom was 36-year-old Sedky Sherif, a father of three children.

According to his nephew Rabah, who was with him at the time of his death, 1000 Copts were present and were attacked by over 20,000 Muslims, who were firing bird shots at them and throwing bricks.

While the church was being attacked the Muslims were shouting "Allahu Akbar." Security forces were sent out to diffuse the situation and disperse the crowd. They made several arrests on both sides.

According to the Security report, the Copt "died of fright," suffering a heart attack after hearing the sound of gun fire. According to his family and those who saw him, his body was full of bruises and marks from bird shots.

The family and relatives of Sedky Sherif waited this morning at Kom el Dekka morgue to receive his body and the results of the autopsy. A death certificate was issued quoting cause of death as "under investigation."
Weesa Fawzy from Al-Kalema Human Rights Center said that this was the first time that a death certificate is issued and the cause of death is still under investigation. "Has he been seen by the forensics team or not, so how are they still investigating when the body is already buried?"
Coptic Mina Milad Saber, 19 years, was severely injured in yesterday's attack and underwent brain surgery, but this morning he was found shackled to his bed by the police for fear he might escape, although he is still in a coma.
Most Christians who were injured during the attack either went privately for treatment or quietly left hospital, "as it will end by them being arrested too," said Weesa Fawzy.
On May 13, in the village of Menbal, district of Matay, north of Minya province, a Muslim mob stormed the village church of Prince Tadros el-Mashreki and assaulted a person inside. They hurled stones and broke everything inside the church, including doors and windows.

The mob then went along the streets looting and destroying all Coptic-owned businesses and pharmacies and torching cars. The Copts were also threatened to be expelled from the village. According to witnesses, any Copt who was met by the mob in the street was beaten up.

Attorney Dr. Ehab Ramzy, former MP, said that Menbal has a Muslim majority while Manshiet Menbal, 10 kilometers away, has a Coptc majority. In the afternoon of that day three Muslim youths went to Manshiet Menbal and harassed Coptic girls as they came out of church.

"As they drove by, the Muslims threw plastic bags filled with urine at the girls," Ramzy said. "The Coptic youth defended the girls and, being outnumbered, the Muslims left." A couple of hours later Muslims congregated and attacked the church and the Coptic minority in village of Menbal.

"The two villages have nothing to do with each other, and Copts in Menbal have nothing at all to do with the quarrel that took place in Manshiet Menbal. They were attacked just because they are Christians," said Ramzy.

Two Muslims were arrested from Menbal, and there is talk of a "reconciliation" meeting to be held. "Now security are looking for Christians to arrest them as a bargaining chip for this forthcoming "reconciliation" meeting," said Dr Ramzy.[/i]

source:http://news.naij.com/34632.html
http://hotnaijagists..co.uk/
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by chiefkeef: 12:17am On May 21, 2013
angry angry angry angry
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by viyon02: 11:49am On May 28, 2013
Religion is the problem of mankind.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by azpekuliar: 12:21pm On May 28, 2013
viyon02: Religion is the problem of mankind.

A real enemy of humanity!
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by gedtalks(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2013
Muslims!!!, Muslims!!!, Muslims, all over the world VIOLENCE!!! What is actually their problem..I smell evny. Envy that the world power is in the hands of the chritian continents ; America and Europe..Its the nature of envy. Envy leads to frustration and frustration leads to unwarranted violence. What a SHAME for a religion....so premature and barbaric.. SHAME.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 1:59am On May 30, 2013
They ran out of tea
See their evil faces

2 Likes

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Afam4eva(m): 2:01am On May 30, 2013
The Christians should got to a mosque and shout "Jesus is Lord" in retaliation. Do me I do you, man no go vex. Nonsense.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 3:04am On May 30, 2013
I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came.. But na dream, i dey dream.. our people go dey fight for Allah and Jesus like say dem live for Owerri or Kano.. smh..

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 3:42am On May 30, 2013
Religious fanaticism rears its ugly head again !
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 3:54am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Religious fanaticism rears its ugly head again !

Islamic fanatism... say it for what it is. this ridiculous false equivalency is getting old.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 3:55am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto: I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came.. But na dream, i dey dream.. our people go dey fight for Allah and Jesus like say dem live for Owerri or Kano.. smh..

So who was fighting for Jesus in this story? The usual lazy false equivalency of the cowardly.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 4:06am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

Islamic fanatism... say it for what it is. this ridiculous false equivalency is getting old.

You'll agree it's fanaticism. You certainly wouldn't argue it didn't involve a religion. BTW, there are cases of Christian fanaticism, Emeka King's precedents are an example.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 4:12am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You'll agree it's fanaticism. You certainly wouldn't argue it didn't involve a religion. BTW, there are cases of Christian fanaticism, Emeka King's precedents are an example.

This is unnecessary verbal gymnastics.

Yes it was fanaticism, yes it involved A religion... islam! Call it as it is rather than hiding under a vague umbrella to castigate others.

Yes Emeka King was a fanatic... but he was summarily caught, jailed and sentenced to death by christians none the less. That you had to reach over 6 years back just to find some straw with which to compare the latest display of unprovoked muslim rage is pure dishonesty.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 4:16am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

This is unecessary verbal gymnastics.

Yes it was fanaticism, yes it involved A religion... islam! Call it as it is rather than hiding under a vague umbrella to castigate others.

Yes Emeka King was a fanatic... but he was summarily caught, jailed and sentenced to death by christians none the less. That you had to reach over 6 years back just to find some straw with which to compare the latest display of unprovoked muslim rage is pure dishonesty.

gbam
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 5:06am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

This is unnecessary verbal gymnastics.

I see !

davidylan: Yes it was fanaticism, yes it involved A religion... islam! Call it as it is rather than hiding under a vague umbrella to castigate others.

State where I castigated others with a quote.

davidylan: Yes Emeka King was a fanatic... but he was summarily caught, jailed and sentenced to death by christians none the less. That you had to reach over 6 years back just to find some straw with which to compare the latest display of unprovoked muslim rage is pure dishonesty.

That was a popular case. You have frequent cases of pastors raping
ladies because the Holy Spirit told them, intolerance of atheistic viewpoints characterized by insults and disparaging statements, retaliation against Muslims (being based on the Bible) etc. Heck ! Even my pastor was castigated for running with a Muslim. Fanaticism doesn't always have to involve violence.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 5:29am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
That was a popular case. You have frequent cases of pastors raping
ladies because the Holy Spirit told them
, intolerance of atheistic viewpoints characterized by insults and disparaging statements, retaliation against Muslims (being based on the Bible) etc. Heck ! Even my pastor was castigated for running with a Muslim. Fanaticism doesn't always have to involve violence.

Sigh... and all these are relevant to this thread because? I dont remember seeing 20000 christians going baying for the blood of atheists in the name of Jesus.

This section is a testament to the utter contempt that atheists hold christians in. There is really no point bothering with your desperately warped straw-man arguments.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 5:48am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

So who was fighting for Jesus in this story? The usual lazy false equivalency of the cowardly.

And where did I say anyone was fighting for Jesus in this story?

This history of violence between Christians and Muslims is well documented. Feel free to feed your anti-Islam sentiments with recent happenings..
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 5:54am On May 30, 2013
You failed to state where I castigated others.

davidylan:

Sigh... and all these are relevant to this thread because? I dont remember seeing 20000 christians going baying for the blood of atheists in the name of Jesus.

Condemning people to an eternal hell is disgusting enough. Maybe you conveniently forgot you will be hard-pressed to find an atheist or deist IN RECENT TIMES ostensibly being violent because of their philosophy. This doesn't mean there's no fanatic there.

davidylan:
This section is a testament to the utter contempt that atheists hold christians in. There is really no point bothering with your desperately warped straw-man arguments.

I'm not an atheist. Even my current position is tentative. You forget that. Until you can show how they are straw man you have just shown yourself to be lazy.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:06am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:

And where did I say anyone was fighting for Jesus in this story?

This history of violence between Christians and Muslims is well documented. Feel free to feed your anti-Islam sentiments with recent happenings..

and that exactly is the problem... what was the relevance of the false equivalence?

Muslims attack a coptic church... and you come up bawling about how ALL religions are bad? When such dishonesty is pointed out you devolve into whining about anti-islam? It is anti-islam to ACTUALLY discuss the very issue the thread was set up to discuss?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:09am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: You failed to state where I castigated others.
As with your arguments here, it is another irrelevant derailment of the thread.

Uyi Iredia:
Condemning people to an eternal hell is disgusting enough. Maybe you conveniently forgot you will be hard-pressed to find an atheist or deist IN RECENT TIMES ostensibly being violent because of their philosophy. This doesn't mean there's no fanatic there.

ok and this is of relevance HERE because?

Uyi Iredia:
I'm not an atheist. Even my current position is tentative. You forget that. Until you can show how they are straw man you have just shown yourself to be lazy.

and i care because?

Lazy because i refuse to be drawn to the endless incoherent arguments that are your stock in trade?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 6:29am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:
As with your arguments here, it is another irrelevant derailment of the thread.

Wow ! You make a claim. I ask for evidence. No reply. I ask again. The response is that I'm derailing the thread.

davidylan: ok and this is of relevance HERE because?

Because it highlights the problem of pretending there's no fanaticism in Christianity. ChristYou said one doesn't see Christians screaming for blood. Well ! Same for atheists. And yet I maintain that they have their fanatics.

davidylan: and i care because?

Then why do reply ?

davidylan: Lazy because i refuse to be drawn to the endless incoherent arguments that are your stock in trade?

No. Lazy for the reason I gave.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:44am On May 30, 2013
viyon02: Religion is the problem of mankind.

How?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:45am On May 30, 2013
azpekuliar:

A real enemy of humanity!

How?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:45am On May 30, 2013
ISHMAEL THE WILD MAN LWKM grin
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:48am On May 30, 2013
gedtalks: Muslims!!!, Muslims!!!, Muslims, all over the world VIOLENCE!!! What is actually their problem..I smell evny. Envy that the world power is in the hands of the chritian continents ; America and Europe..Its the nature of envy. Envy leads to frustration and frustration leads to unwarranted violence. What a SHAME for a religion....so premature and barbaric.. SHAME.

Remember that the 'tea giving' dudes of England are Muslims...Hasty generalizations does no one any good.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:51am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
Because it highlights the problem of pretending there's no fanaticism in Christianity. ChristYou said one doesn't see Christians screaming for blood. Well ! Same for atheists. And yet I maintain that they have their fanatics.

No one ever pretended that the Emeka Kings of christianity dont exist... infact christians go out of their way to smoke them out and prosecute them.

I simply asked what relevance it had to the thread. I guess i am not cut out for the ridiculous obfuscation of issues with false equivalence.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:52am On May 30, 2013
babyosisi: They ran out of tea
See their evil faces

Does the Evil of Kain render the good of Abel obsolete?

We should learn how to address issues as they come...

If one does well, hail the good...if another does evil, condemn the act...

We really should stop using a wrong done across the Atlantic to judge everyone...

The tea act is praise-worthy and very heroic...using this evil to undermine the good done is not the way to go...
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:54am On May 30, 2013
Afam4eva: The Christians should got to a mosque and shout "Jesus is Lord" in retaliation. Do me I do you, man no go vex. Nonsense.

'An eye for an eye; and a tooth for a tooth would lead to a Nation with blind and toothless people'
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 6:57am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto: I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came.. But na dream, i dey dream.. our people go dey fight for Allah and Jesus like say dem live for Owerri or Kano.. smh..

...and this is an appropriate response to the thread? When Stalin and Co did wrong, do you say that Atheism should be kicked out of our world?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:07am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

and that exactly is the problem... what was the relevance of the false equivalence?

You seem to be carrying over some grievances with someone else from another thread.

This was my original comment..

musKeeto: I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came...

It's never been on the news that African atheists have been involved in a bloodbath. It's always about Christians and Muslims even in Nigeria.. Killing themselves over religions that are foreign to them.

davidylan:
Muslims attack a coptic church... and you come up bawling about how ALL religions are bad? When such dishonesty is pointed out you devolve into whining about anti-islam? It is anti-islam to ACTUALLY discuss the very issue the thread was set up to discuss?

Who's being dishonest? Did I castigate Hinduism or ATR's in my post? When did Islam and Christianity equate to 'all religions'? And this is the same guy yapping about false equivalences...
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:10am On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

...and this is an appropriate response to the thread? When Stalin and Co did wrong, do you say that Atheism should be kicked out of our world?
What a dumb question... Does atheism dictate to anyone to wipe out the world? Is atheism belief in a being (no one else can see) that discriminates and orders genocides and killings... Is atheism built around any being that shows favoritism?

Smh...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revelation From God About The Destiny Of Yahweh Servants / Is It True That Okro Soup Can Destroy Your Destiny? / When Was Jesus Crucified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.