Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church (3318 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church / 57th Annual Convention Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (rccg) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:11am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:
You seem to be carrying over some grievances with someone else from another thread.

This was my original comment..

i have barely posted here in 3 months. perhaps you have me confused with another but i bare no grievances anywhere. Perhaps you are projecting your own problems?

musKeeto:
It's never been on the news that African atheists have been involved in a bloodbath. It's always about Christians and Muslims even in Nigeria.. Killing themselves over religions that are foreign to them.

Christians really arent killing themselves. Those who commit crime are promptly dealt with by law enforcement, many of whom are christians themselves. The desperate, irrelevant, head in the sand inclination to force christianity into a thread that is discussing islamic predilection for unprovoked violence is dishonest.

musKeeto:
Who's being dishonest? Did I castigate Hinduism or ATR's in my post? When did Islam and Christianity equate to 'all religions'? And this is the same guy yapping about false equivalences...

See above. Yawn.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:17am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:
i have barely posted here in 3 months. perhaps you have me confused with another but i bare no grievances anywhere. Perhaps you are projecting your own problems?
Good. Wish you'd made it longer.

davidylan:
Christians really arent killing themselves. Those who commit crime are promptly dealt with by law enforcement, many of whom are christians themselves. The desperate, irrelevant, head in the sand inclination to force christianity into a thread that is discussing islamic predilection for unprovoked violence is dishonest.
The people were attacked because they were Christians. Did you even go through the OP or just skimmed my post and decided to rant as usual?

davidylan:
See above. Yawn.
Yeah. Put your account back to sleep.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:17am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:
What a dumb question... Does atheism dictate to anyone to wipe out the world? Is atheism belief in a being (no one else can see) that discriminates and orders genocides and killings... Is atheism built around any being that shows favoritism?

Smh...

...and the Olodo emergies! What part of Christianity ask its members to wipe out the world?

Do you even have any idea that there were Atheists who killed because they wanted to make others Atheists too?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:35am On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:
...and the Olodo emergies! What part of Christianity ask its members to wipe out the world?

Do you even have any idea that there were Atheists who killed because they wanted to make others Atheists too?

And my point flies over your oblong head..

Hold a person responsible for his crimes, not his beliefs..

If he claims his beliefs led him to do it, then those beliefs should come under scrutiny..

The theists go on religious wars.. it's called 'religious' for a reason.. The Old Testament is replete with stories of God-sanctioned violence.. At the root of the violence between the Christians and Muslims is some holy text written by a God that has chosen a select few..

If there is an explicit biblical explanation for this animosity, it goes all the way back to Abraham. The Jews are descendants of Abraham’s son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. With Ishmael being the son of a slave woman (Genesis 16:1-16) and Isaac being the promised son who would inherit the blessings of Abraham (Genesis 21:1-3), obviously there would be some animosity between the two sons. As a result of Ishmael’s mocking Isaac (Genesis 21:9), Sarah talked Abraham into sending Hagar and Ishmael away (Genesis 21:11-21). Likely, this caused even more contempt in Ishmael’s heart towards Isaac. An angel prophesied to Hagar that Ishmael would “live in hostility toward all his brothers” (Genesis 16:11-12).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jews-Arabs.html#ixzz2UksgEiwB

What Abraham and the rest of his Jewish brethren have to do with our African brothers is beyond me...

Bottom line: Enough of the religious hostility. People should let their God fight his battles.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:40am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:
The people were attacked because they were Christians. Did you even go through the OP or just skimmed my post and decided to rant as usual?

and? Somehow that now paints christians as violent considering it was a completely unprovoked attack? Smh.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:41am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

and? Somehow that now paints christians as violent considering it was a completely unprovoked attack? Smh.
Yawn..
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:43am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:

And where did I say anyone was fighting for Jesus in this story?

This history of violence between Christians and Muslims is well documented. Feel free to feed your anti-Islam sentiments with recent happenings..

Guy.....we all know that. But why are we mentioning the evils of christianity here?

This is about an islamic attack on a church. ~Why must we always make that equivalence that christians have killed in the name of religion too when a case of islamic fanaticism comes up?

Why not say what this is- islamic fanaticism/extremism

We know christianity has its own cases of voilence as well. but let us focus on the issue at hand.

It pains me that I hav to agree with Davidylan
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:53am On May 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy.....we all know that. But why are we mentioning the evils of christianity here?

This is about an islamic attack on a church. ~Why must we always make that equivalence that christians have killed in the name of religion too when a case of islamic fanaticism comes up?

Why not say what this is- islamic fanaticism/extremism

We know christianity has its own cases of voilence as well. but let us focus on the issue at hand.

It pains me that I hav to agree with Davidylan

You fail to realize that Islam and Christianity are both sides of the same coin. It wouldn't be of any concern to me if this violence occurred within the countries from which these religions originated.

musKeeto: I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came..

There are drone attacks carried out daily by a so called Christian nation in Muslim territories. Why is it only Muslim violence that's highlighted? Feel free to take sides with Davidylan. I'm with Mclatunji and TBaba on this one. grin
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 7:59am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:
You fail to realize that Islam and Christianity are both sides of the same coin. It wouldn't be of any concern to me if this violence occurred within the countries from which these religions originated.

They are not sides of the same coin. This is pretty much a tired, discredited attempt to paint christianity with the same brush. When christians start strapping suicide belts, flying planes into skyscrappers or burning down mosques unprovoked then let us know.

When even logicboy cannot understand your warped logic then you know it is time to take notice.

musKeeto:
Why is it only Muslim violence that's highlighted? Feel free to take sides with Davidylan. I'm with Mclatunji and TBaba on this one. grin

this is a joke right? No one stopped you from creating a thread on christian "violence". I'm 150% positive that if christians ganged up to burn down mosques... it would be plastered all over the front pages.

Carry on pushing your false equivalence.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:00am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:

And my point flies over your oblong head..

grin grin grin grin

Your point is only too glaring...your bias against religion prompted your comment and not any 'Einstein-like' point.

musKeeto:
Hold a person responsible for his crimes, not his beliefs..

The above is my point not yours...stop stealing what aint yours...check your OP again and your point would jump right at you.

musKeeto:
If he claims his beliefs led him to do it, then those beliefs should come under scrutiny..

Stalin's belief in Atheism lead him to kill in order that people would convert to Atheism and I don't see you putting such beliefs under the butchers knife...

...and don't give me a long sermon on how Atheism is not a belief system...that sermon should be told to kids.

musKeeto:
The theists go on religious wars.. it's called 'religious' for a reason..

...and how many Nigerian Christians have you seen go on these so called 'Religious wars'? Your comment about kicking Christianity out of the Country has no basis...

Mind you, I do not believe that Nigerians go on religious wars...what I see are Ethnic wars...do not be deceived by the facade of Bokoharam...they cry Islam out loud but their hearts are filled with hate for other Ethnic groups...ask a yoruba Muslim to go to Maiduguri and see if he would be spared because he is a Muslim.

musKeeto:
The Old Testament is replete with stories of God-sanctioned violence.. At the root of the violence between the Christians and Muslims is some holy text written by a God that has chosen a select few..

God sanctioned violence and man sanctioned violence are rather different and really a debate I don't want to go into cause it would lead nowhere...anyways this does not support your case that Christianity asks its members to kill the rest of the world.

musKeeto:
What Abraham and the rest of his Jewish brethren have to do with our African brothers is beyond me...

Bottom line: Enough of the religious hostility. People should let their God fight his battles.

Guy stop masking your intent, it was glaring in your OP.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:02am On May 30, 2013
1 vs 3... Not fair...
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:07am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto:

There are drone attacks carried out daily by a so called Christian nation in Muslim territories. Why is it only Muslim violence that's highlighted? Feel free to take sides with Davidylan. I'm with Mclatunji and TBaba on this one. grin

This is where you get me wrong. Both sides are doing evil.

So, are we going to stop or condemn the evil that happened in Egypt by claiming the irrelevant fact that America Bombs muslim countries?

Are the christians in Egypt Americans or Egyptioans?

If you want to discuss christian terrorism do it on another thread. No one here is denying that christianity can be just as evil. But why mention it here if you are not dubious?

Christian terrorism is far different from Islamic one. One is very ripe, the other seems stagnant
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:09am On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

grin grin grin grin

Your point is only too glaring...your bias against religion prompted your comment and not any 'Einstein-like' point.

The above is my point not yours...stop stealing what aint yours...check your OP again and your point would jump right at you.

Stalin's belief in Atheism lead him to kill in order that people would convert to Atheism and I don't see you putting such beliefs under the butchers knife...

...and don't give me a long sermon on how Atheism is not a belief system...that sermon should be told to kids.

...and how many Nigerian Christians have you seen go on these so called 'Religious wars'? Your comment about kicking Christianity out of the Country has no basis...

Mind you, I do not believe that Nigerians go on religious wars...what I see are Ethnic wars...do not be deceived by the facade of Bokoharam...they cry Islam out loud but their hearts are filled with hate for other Ethnic groups...ask a yoruba Muslim to go to Maiduguri and see if he would be spared because he is a Muslim.

God sanctioned violence and man sanctioned violence are rather different and really a debate I don't want to go into cause it would lead nowhere...anyways this does not support your case that Christianity asks its members to kill the rest of the world.

Guy stop masking your intent, it was glaring in your OP.

I agree with you except the bullshiit in bold......

Who told you Stalin killed in the name of atheism? How silly do you have to be.

Atheism is not a belief. Dont be silly
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:09am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto: 1 vs 3... Not fair...

True! I am off your case man... cheesy
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:12am On May 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Olodo! Press the refresh button on your history lessons.

...and didn't I say this 'Atheism is not a belief' thingy should be told to kids? undecided

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:16am On May 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Olodo! Press the refresh button on your history lessons.

...and didn't I say this 'Atheism is not a belief' thingy should be told to kids? undecided

Ooman is right....you are so butthurt these days.

You dont greet, you dont do your false politeness....everyone is an olodo to you............

Diagnosis- recurrent butthurt! wink
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 8:35am On May 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ooman is right....you are so butthurt these days.

You dont greet, you dont do your false politeness....everyone is an olodo to you............

Diagnosis- recurrent butthurt! wink

Olodo!!!
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Creatrixity(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism was the official communist state policy,violate the state policy and 'you gon get got!'.
So all violators of state policy concerning unauthorized meetings and indoctrination of the under age were dealt with harshly in Gulags and at labour sites!!
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

No one ever pretended that the Emeka Kings of christianity dont exist... infact christians go out of their way to smoke them out and prosecute them.

Muslims would do that to. Even pagans. But it appears you forget the support he got from his flock.

davidylan:
I simply asked what relevance it had to the thread. I guess i am not cut out for the ridiculous obfuscation of issues with false equivalence.

Read properly. I wrote about it highlighting the problem of pretending there's no fanatic in Christianity.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 10:19am On May 30, 2013
Creatrixity:
Atheism was the official communist state policy,violate the state policy and 'you gon get got!'.
So all violators of state policy concerning unauthorized meetings and indoctrination of the under age were dealt with harshly in Gulags and at labour sites!!

What links Stalin, Mao and Pol pot?

Communism.....

Communism is not atheism and neither is it a product of atheism.....but you are too silly to understand
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:22am On May 30, 2013
Christianity and Islam are neither the oldest religions in the world yet they both lay claim to have been there since the foundation of time, they both lay claim to legitimate authority above constitution and Islam being the worst of both..
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 10:27am On May 30, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: Christianity and Islam are neither the oldest religions in the world yet they both lay claim to have been there since the foundation of time, they both lay claim to legitimate authority above constitution and Islam being the worst of both..

depends on what you label as Christianity, there is the Christianity of wheat and the Christianity of tares.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2013
frosbel:

depends on what you label as Christianity, there is the Christianity of wheat and the Christianity of tares.

And there is frosbellic antagonistic christianity.....the christianity that attacks other religions and other christians that dont subscribe to the non-trinitarian, non-everlasting hellfire doctrine that Frosbel espouses

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by manmustwac(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2013
musKeeto: I hope we can wipe this Christianity and Islam scourge off our continent. Take it back to the ancient Jews and Arabs from whence it came.. But na dream, i dey dream.. our people go dey fight for Allah and Jesus like say dem live for Owerri or Kano.. smh..
Why can't they just leave Jesus & Allah to fight their own battles angry
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 10:51am On May 30, 2013
manmustwac: Why can't they just leave Jesus & Allah to fight their own battles angry

Oh mehn...not another one...

...and who fights Jesus' battles for him?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Rossikk(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2013
davidylan:

Christians really arent killing themselves.

No. They're only killing muslims. See Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria (where the west supports 'rebels' fighting that nation's govt). Taking just those three countries, muslim deaths at the hands of christians number in MILLIONS.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 30, 2013
Rossikk:

No. They're only killing muslims. See Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria (where the west supports 'rebels' fighting that nation's govt). Taking just those three countries, muslim deaths at the hands of christians number in MILLIONS.

Are you kidding me? What evidence do you have to support your claims?
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by thehomer: 12:22pm On May 30, 2013
And the religion of peace strikes again.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Mudley313: 1:29pm On May 30, 2013
Rossikk:

you are a f00l...is the iraq or afghanistan war fought under the guise of religion? do you know there're muslims serving in the U.S army?? abeg try to differentiate when nation states fight (ala WWII) and when people go to war for their various gods (ala the crusades n jihads)...the west does not equate christianity even though christians are in the majority (we have muslims, atheists, hindus, buddhist, etc that are citizens of the U.S and other European countries)...just because the nigerian army during the civil war was made up of predominantly muslim hausa-fulanis and the igbos where predominantly catholics now made the biafra war to be labelled a religious war between muslims n christians...abeg quit being an ignoramus
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Creatrixity(m): 1:31pm On May 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

What links Stalin, Mao and Pol pot?

Communism.....

Communism is not atheism and neither is it a product of atheism.....but you are too silly to understand
Dullard.
I see your ignorance has grown in leaps and bounds
[url="http://www.globalmuseumoncommunism.org/features/war_on_religion"]
Here;
[/url]
An excerpt:
"":

The Soviet Union, reflective of the communist world as a whole, was openly hostile to religion and officially atheist; it was not irreligious or unreligious, with no stance on religion, but took the position that there was no God.
I said "atheism was the official state policy of the communists"(with no inferences whatsoever) and the above quoted worthless tunnel-visioned brain-dead rant was what your dull brain could come up with!!
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Muslims would do that to. Even pagans. But it appears you forget the support he got from his flock.

Remarkable incoherence. Yeah King got his flock and? Wasnt it the same members of the flock who ended up as prime witnesses against him at his trial? Did having a flock prevent him from a death conviction in a majority christian state?

Uyi Iredia:
Read properly. I wrote about it highlighting the problem of pretending there's no fanatic in Christianity.

No one made that point... like logicboy said, feel free to open a thread on fanaticism in christianity. This thread has nothing to do with that point.
Re: 20,000 Muslims Screaming "Allahu Akbar" Storm Christian Church by UyiIredia(m): 1:05pm On May 31, 2013
davidylan:
Remarkable incoherence. Yeah King got his flock and? Want it the same members of the flock who ended up as prime witnesses against him at his trial? Did having a flock prevent him from a death conviction in a majority christian state?

Persistent inanity. There were prime witnesses and ? They were supporter no ?

davidylan: No one made that point... like logicboy said, feel free to open a thread on fanaticism in christianity. This thread has nothing to do with that point.

And yet you foolishly pointed out that the case in contention MUST be called Islamic fanaticism. As if the term I used doesn't apply to it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Universe Conscious / Islam And Lesbianism / Revelation From God About The Destiny Of Yahweh Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.