Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23647 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 7:46am On May 21, 2013
LAGOS — THERE was a mild drama at the premises of an Ikeja Magistrate Court, Monday, when a 21- year-old woman, Esther Odozi, a farmer, rolled on the ground and screamed that she and her children were at the verge of dying from hunger.

Odozi, who said she lives in Owanta village in Ika North-East Local Government Area of Delta State, came to Lagos last week and because she didn’t have anywhere to sleep, slept at Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries where she begged for money to come to the old secretariat in Ikeja.
She said she was directed by an official of Human Rights Commission in her state to come to Lagos that she would get help.

According to her, she needed N200,000 for garri and melon business and would not leave Lagos until she got the money for the business.

Odozi who said she bore the five children to one Donald Ugbaja, a former police officer in Delta State, said she was left alone to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of the children including twins after his death.

Odozi who brought out her breasts to demonstrate that she still had a child she was nursing, said she didn’t have any means to feed herself and her children. She said if the Governor of Lagos State could give her N200,000, she would start business with it.

Asked if she would like to be trained in any skill, she said no, adding that she just needs the money to start the business of garri and melon.

She appealed to the Federal Government and well-meaning Nigerians to come to her aid, adding that she started having children when she was only 17 years old and that the father of her children drove her out after she had the fifth child.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/21-yr-old-mother-of-5-causes-stir-over-hunger/

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 7:48am On May 21, 2013
I still don't know why she could not be advised to go to Delta State Government/Secretariat for assistance, why Lagos?

6 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AK481(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2013
Na there she go know say AC nor be FAN.
Pipu own wey pass her own full lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 8:11am On May 21, 2013
Delta is not far from Edo, Anambra, Bayelsa, Rivers & Ondo with all the Oyel money, she was advised to go and see Fashola in Lagos. Take it or leave it,Fashola is the messiah of Southern Nigeria. Viva Nigeria!

18 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 8:12am On May 21, 2013
AK 48: Na there she go know say AC nor be FAN.
Pipu own wey pass her own full lagos.

She can come to Niger State.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Reptyle(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2013
A 21 year old CHILD with 5 kids of her own!!! How sad... cry cry cry

14 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by 740megawatts: 9:00am On May 21, 2013
This woman bore 5 kids within a space of four years. Am I the only one seeing this as crazy? Why would she come to Lagos in the first place? i still don't understand...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 9:46am On May 21, 2013
Geomac: I still don't know why she could not be advised to go to Delta State Government/Secretariat for assistance, why Lagos?

Because Uduaghan does not give a damn. He will most likely have her locked up. Man mi, she knows what she is doing travelling all that way. By her thinking, someone will help her in Lagos. Imagine all the States she ignored to come to Lagos. Why did she not go to Bayelsa, the home State of Mr.President, even if Abuja is too far? Fashola, regardless of the noise on this forum, is the de-facto President in the minds of many Nigerians.

28 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by OurYansh: 10:03am On May 21, 2013
Instead of going to the South-Eastern state where she will be able to seek help from her kinsmen, she crossed dozens of bridges and rivers to go to Lagos State, a state in the South-West..

Y didn't she go to Anambra to see Obi, or Imo to see Roaches. She could have gone to Enugu or Ebonyi to see either Chime of Elechi or even to Abia to see T.A.Orji. Yet she choose Fashola of Lagos State ahead of her people.....

Interesting!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by IB5(f): 10:12am On May 21, 2013
Why must these people travel to SW? angry can't everybody live in their state/region. Even with the oyel they have they are still shouting hunger. Just last week one came to Ib to cause wahala. undecided

I support Eko on this, we need region/state passport. cool

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 10:16am On May 21, 2013
Sad.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by IB5(f): 10:21am On May 21, 2013
If anyone wants to take a survey of how much people from other zones are entering SW, just stay at Iwo road bridge in Ibadan for 5minutes, you will shiver at the amount of "the young, benue link, edo line, imo transport company, chukwudi express, nassara link, Akwa ibom express, delta line" busses passing or parking everyday. I wonder if people are still left in those places they are coming from. Gosh embarassed

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by yuzedo: 10:43am On May 21, 2013
Kai! This story touched my empathetic side.

I know niggaz that give a girl N200,000 after 5-min BJ. angry YES, i can name names, these are people we know in the corporate and political sphere, and i'm privy to their activities because girls talk. The girl then spends the money on some vain luxury that adds NO VALUE to anyone, save the person who sold it to her! Man, this life is unfair like a motherfcker!

I am willing to help this lady. The desperation that made her come to Lagos and behave this way must be one of life-and-death for her and her kids. At least no be brazilian hair she wan buy, she has a business plan which i know she will actualize if she gets funds.

To be only 21years old and already experienced suffering of a life time. My heart really goes out to her.

43 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by kunlekunle: 10:51am On May 21, 2013
wey ASARI DOKUBO,
WEY TOMPOLO

WEY these militants fighting for deltans.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by yuzedo: 10:56am On May 21, 2013
[b]Wait! What is the issue here? A human being in a desperate bid for survival took the only course she thought (correctly or not) would help her situation, a valid and understandable one at that, and people are here taking pride in the circumstance and location of their birth and asking why she didn't go elsewhere? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! grin grin grin You guys are the hypocrites that go to churches and mosques UNFAILINGLY every week! Haha! What a sad pot of schmuckism! I even thought (until i went back and re-read the previous comments) that this thread was supposed to be a rallying-point for helping someone desperately in need, and not addressing Lagos' superiority. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER HAD SEX WITH A TOGO MAN, TOOK IN, AND PASSED YOU OFF AS YOUR LAGOSIAN FATHER'S SON, AND Y'ALL DON'T KNOW THIS SECRET YET? WILL IT CHANGE YOUR STRONG AND UNDULY ASININE AFFINITY TO LAGOS?!?!?! hah! The way una dey take carry tribe and ethnicity for head shaa! Funny stuff! Trust me, if you are in some chinese gulag far worse than sing-sing with a fellow Nigerian, that man will be closer than your blood brother, regardless of tribe. STOP THIS RUBBISH PEOPLE!

Besides, she obviously came to Lagos because most of the NGOs and institutions (not necessarily LASG agencies) capable of helping her are domiciled here in Lagos .... by virtue of the British Colonial decision to set up camp in Lagos .... by virtue again of its coastal properties and easy access to the atlantic ocean thus aiding economic activities and administrative efficiency. There are so many factors that make Lagos what it is, but y'all need to stop beating your chests like you personally built the city brick by brick and economic activity by economic activity. CHRIST! What kind of Pharisee behavior is this that we are so desensitized to the travails of our fellow human and argue on the mundane?! I give up![/b]

80 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by IB5(f): 11:03am On May 21, 2013
^^^^
May be we should blame the britons then because they had options, but they prefer Lagos. Why?

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by saintneo(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2013
Tribalists ignoring the plight of the hungry woman to preach their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 11:26am On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: Kai! This story touched my empathetic side.

I know niggaz that give a girl N200,000 after 5-min BJ. angry YES, i can name names, these are people we know in the corporate and political sphere, and i'm privy to their activities because girls talk. The girl then spends the money on some vain luxury that adds NO VALUE to anyone, save the person who sold it to her! Man, this life is unfair like a motherfcker!

I am willing to help this lady. The desperation that made her come to Lagos and behave this way must be one of life-and-death for her and her kids. At least no be brazilian hair she wan buy, she has a business plan which i know she will actualize if she gets funds.

To be only 21years old and already experienced suffering of a life time. My heart really goes out to her.

Someone will help her. Sad plight but many Nigerians are in her position. This is why my signature is what it is. When political posters from her State spend all their time talking about SW issues and leaders, while ignoring their own, how will these poor souls ever gain 'champions', from the privileged and educated class, to fight their cause in taking leaders like Uduaghan to task and insisting they deliver?

Look at the statement below that shows how someone from her State directed her to bypass Uduaghan, Jonathan et al and take her troubles all the way to Lagos State. This is real life, real experience and real issues as obtain on the ground and not as the ethnic jingoist present it here daily.

She said she was directed by an official of Human Rights Commission in her state to come to Lagos that she would get help.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by olapluto(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2013
The untold truth in Nigeria of today is that SW is the safest and most humane region to live in. Surprisingly, it is the only region without PDP.

15 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by jmaine: 11:38am On May 21, 2013
Gbawe:
Fashola, regardless of the noise on this forum, is the de-facto President in the minds of many Nigerians.

You are beyond such low standards good friend. . . Lagos has always been an attractive force for people who earnestly desire means of attaining financial freedom; and not because any messiah is manning the Govt house . .

Gbawe:

Look at the statement below that shows how someone from her State directed her to bypass Uduaghan, Jonathan et al and take her troubles all the way to Lagos State. This is real life, real experience and real issues as obtain on the ground and not as the ethnic jingoist present it here daily.

Going by your attempt to over sensationalize this story . .she equally bypassed the people's governor of Edo state in person of the legendary Adams Oshiomhole, ironically closer to her than Lagos . .

Meanwhile . .Na which kin man pump out those five kids come abandon the lady angry . . . Some men no dey try at all embarassed

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 11:52am On May 21, 2013
Wily,Wily:

How is Fashola a messiah, Nonsense. ok Yoruba messiah but not for southern Nigerians.

Either Yoruba or Southern messiah i don't really care, but that is the truth some of you in the southern part of the country may not accept. Quite apart from this, PDP will still take over Lagos state.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 11:55am On May 21, 2013
jmaine:

You are beyond such low standards good friend. . . Lagos has always been an attractive force for people who earnestly desire means of attaining financial freedom; and not because any messiah is manning the Govt house . .

Jmaine, o tun ti wa pelu wahala eh? My point is that Nigerians regard Fashola as a good man despite the noise made to the contrary here by certain elements. You yourself cannot deny this i.e the disconnection between what some say here and the truth on the ground.

Read again without prejudice:

Fashola, regardless of the noise on this forum, is the de-facto President in the minds of many Nigerians.

With what you write below, seeking to invoke the name of Oshiomhole, there is still no inconsistency in what I wrote mate. She and her advisor still feel, regardless of the proximity of Oshimhole, going to Lagos is best for her. No negative indictment against Oshiomhole but further proof of the perception Lagos is her best option.

Going by your attempt to over sensationalize this story . .she equally bypassed the people's governor of Edo state in person of the legendary Adams Oshiomhole, ironically closer to her than Lagos . .
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by jmaine: 11:56am On May 21, 2013
Geomac:
PDP will still take over Lagos state.

Not in the nearest future bruv . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by WilyWily8: 11:57am On May 21, 2013
Geomac:

Either Yoruba or Southern messiah i don't really care, but that is the truth some of you in the southern part of the country may not accept. Quite apart from this, PDP will still take over Lagos state.
There are nothing special in APC they are bunch of Thieves, led by a corrupt Chicago Ex-Con Tinubu
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 12:11pm On May 21, 2013
jmaine:

Not in the nearest future bruv . . . . .

Lagosians will respond to you at the pool come 2015.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 12:15pm On May 21, 2013
Geomac:

Lagosians will respond to you at the pool come 2015.

Yes. By voting ACN APC back with a landslide. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ezekwesili: Stop Calling The Predator Amina Ali's "Boko Haram Husband" / Buhari Hosted By Justin Welby, Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (photos) / BREAKING NEWS: NANS Backs Jonathan’s Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.