Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,798 members, 7,851,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha (512 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Presidency: No Vacancy In 2019 -APC / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha by kton(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2013
Alamieyeseigha said there would be no vacancy in Aso Rock, stressing that President Jonathan would remain as the Commander-in-Chief by 2015.

His words: “Aso Rock is not vacant. The northern agitators will all at the appropriate time join the moving train. “Those against President Jonathan contesting for presidency in 2015 may have their opinion, but I can assure you that President Jonathan will remain as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, come 2015.”

Speaking on the state of insecurity in the country vis-a-vis the declaration of state of emergency in three states in the North, Alamieyeseigha said that he was confident that in less than two months insecurity problems would be over. “I think the restiveness would stop.

You can see what the military has done so far in those areas. I am confident that in less than two months insecurity would be over.”

The government of any country has a duty under the constitution to protect lives and property and if they failed to do so, there is no government and that is what government is doing. Declaring a state of emergency would give the military more powers to discharge their duites,” he said. Reacting to the growing criticism that followed his state pardon by President Jonathan, the former Bayelsa State governor said.

“Well, it (state pardon) started during Late President Yar’Adua. It was a pardon that was negotiated. People who don’t know what happened are the ones talking. But if I open my mouth, those who are talking will keep quiet. “President Goodluck Jonathan was part of the negotiating team.

There is no person in this country that knows issues surrounding Alameiseigha better than Mr President. He was my deputy governor and all that transpired were known to him. I am already writing my memoir. At the appropriate time, you will know.

“My pardon was in order. Like I said, the pardon was negotiated and if I fulfill my own part of the bargain, why shouldn’t federal government fulfill its part? President Yar’Adua actually brokered the state pardon deal for me, otherwise they would have even killed me. Without Yar’Adua, I would have died by now,” he said. So

Source: Sunnewspaper

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha by malc619(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2013
Flies get attracted to rotten shyte......

Guess what attracts a thief and Ex-con to Mr President...

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Vacancy In Aso Rock -alamieyeseigha by nairalad: 10:42am On May 21, 2013
In other words: THERE WILL BE NO OPPOSITION OR ELECTION IN 2015.

Blady thiefs! Rotten Scumbags!

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalanders In Akhlahoma? Nairalanders Cares / Propaganda And Improved Power Supply / Boko Haram Vs Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.