Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... (480 Views)

Write Something Nice About Just One Old Friend! / Say Something Nice To Nkechi / Say Something Nice About Someone In Niaraland: Festive Period Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 21, 2013
I would like to encourage members of this forum to stop saying negative things about Nigeria.

You may not understand that this forum serves as a window into Nigeria for many people, both Nigerians and non- Nigerians. You see, the rest of the world don't get any real information about Nigeria except what their media tell them. Unfortunately, those foreign media don't tell good stories about us. The truth is that most foreign media reporters don't visit Nigeria to gather information, they simply sit in their air conditioned offices and log into the internet to search for information, and guess what they find? they find Nigerians saying all kind of negative things about their own country on the internet. They only copy and edit what they find on forum like this and may others and broadcast to the world.

I understand most of us are tying to be honest and funny, but please be careful how you say things. Those of you that have been outside Nigeria will agree with me that whatever evils that can be found in Nigeria can also be found in all the developed nations, yet, they manage their news to reflect them in very good light.

I'm proudly Nigerian and I'm not ashamed to stand up for Nigeria. Though Nigeria my be going through some hard times right now, I still believe that some day, Nigeria shall rise to take her true position in the world...

.. and the believers say....
Re: Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 21, 2013
^^^ So on Point. I believe Nigeria will get better,however long it takes;I believe that one day we will learn to look beyond our Differences and work together to make our Nation what we want it to be,I believe that Nigeria's Colours will one day be looked upon with envy by other Nations;I believe that one Day Nigeria will rise from the ashes and Show the World the Giant it is,the Giant we are.
Re: Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... by gluv01(f): 11:51pm On May 21, 2013
One good thing about Nigeria is that pastors are not difficult to find...
Every two mins walk, there is a church with a 'resounding' name in your brain.

Another good thing is that water is not costly(sachet water or is it pure water it's called)

1 Like

Re: Say Something Nice About Nigeria..... by dasparrow: 5:24am On May 22, 2013
Give us consistent electricity and clean running water if you want us to say something nice about Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Say Amen To These Prayers? / Proof That The World Is Going Nuts!! / Would You Change Your Sex If You Could?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.