Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control (34569 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Looking At Other Women - Why Men Look & How To Stop / Submission In A Marriage: Women, Why The Resistance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Ebonyj(f): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2008
I am just wondering why we women get so moody during our red time of the month. I for one get so moody and I have nasty mood swings, I shout at my son and smack him at any little thing. My poor husband suffers the most because I just pick up a fight for no reason, I dont know why I do it, but my anger is always directed at my hubby and child.
Does anybody else go through this? Do you have any suggestive ways of controlling these mood swings? Men are welcome to add there views as well angry
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Cadet(f): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2008
I can't control it period! If a guy can't take it,too bad! He just has to be mature enough
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2008
control ke?its not possible,infact my husband has to leave d house for me sometimes cos he cant stand my character
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2008
please, there are somethings that can't be controlled and this is one of it ohhh. he has to bear after all its only for a few days, its not plenty nahh grin.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Dreloaded(f): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2008
I fear some of you people
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2008
i know my girlfriends date. i make sure i stay away from her when its that time of the month. she snaps at the slightest instance
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2008
hey yah, kpele, grin
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by tRoOE(f): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
Have ask myself the same question but I haven't gotten an answer yet sad

My man calls mine 15min of madness, but he use to it now

OMO IBO:

i know my girlfriends date. i make sure i stay away from her when its that time of the month. she snaps at the slightest instance
hmmmmm does your other girlfriends know you are dating more than one  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2008
tRoOE:

Have ask myself the same question but I haven't gotten an answer yet sad

My man calls mine 15min of madness, but he use to it now

hmmmmm does your other girlfriends know you are dating more than one lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i expect u to know what i meant. i couldnt be bothered with punctuation
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by uspry1(f): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2008
@poster

I do not have PMS or moody swing myself. However read this helpful info from source cite link provided below:
http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/pms-can-control-mood-swings.html

PMS: How Can I Control Mood Swings?
By: Kelly Shanahan

Question :
I have terrible mood swings about four or five days before my period starts. Is there anything I can do to control these mood swings? I don't have any control over my emotions on those days, and it causes great stress at home and at work. Please help!

--Cathie

Answer :
This sounds like classic premenstrual syndrome (PMS), now called Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) by my psychiatrist colleagues. PMS affects about a third of all women and can cause a variety of physical, psychological and behavioral changes, including mood swings. We don't completely understand PMS, so effective treatment can be difficult. Still, many women find relief with a variety of therapies. Some of these therapies (such as calcium, magnesium, St. John's wort, and Prozac) are supported by scientific research; others are merely supported by anecdotal evidence based upon the experience of many women and physicians.

Some vitamins and minerals that appear to be helpful are B-6 (50 mg, one to two times per day); calcium (1,000-1,500 mg per day); magnesium (325-750 mg per day); zinc (15-25 mg daily); and vitamin E (400-800 IU daily). As for herbs, evening primrose, flaxseed or borage oil capsules provide essential fatty acids that can help with both physical and emotional symptoms. Evening primrose oil is widely used to alleviate premenstrual breast tenderness. Herbs such as chamomile or valerian root can ease tension, but take valerian only at bedtime as it can be pretty sedating. Dandelion leaf is a good diuretic and can be used for severe fluid retention.

St. John's wort (Hypericum) is widely used in Europe for the treatment of PMS, and it has been shown to be effective. I recommend 300 mg of a standardized preparation daily, increasing to 300 mg three times per day from about cycle day 10 until the start of your period. (The first day of a period counts as Day 1 of a new cycle.) This seems to be the most effective regimen in my patients, although some women need to use the higher amounts every day, and others only need to use the higher dosage from just before ovulation (which occurs about Day 14) until menses.

Exercise and diet are also essential in treating PMS. Regular aerobic exercise improves moods and relieves depression; it also helps with bloating and cramps. Frequent, small high-carbohydrate meals also improve mood by elevating serotonin levels in the brain. It is important to eat complex carbohydrates such as vegetables and whole grains rather than simple carbohydrates such as cookies and candy. Available over-the-counter is a special carbohydrate drink called "PMS Escape"; it is effective and convenient, but it is also more expensive than eating a whole-wheat bagel. Avoid alcohol, simple sugars and excess fat.

If these measures fail, or if your emotional symptoms are especially severe, talk to your doctor about whether you might benefit from one of the SSRI antidepressants. Medications such as Prozac and Zoloft are very effective in treating PMS. In fact, in most studies, they are one of the very few treatments shown over and over again to provide statistically significant improvement.

A final important point -- not all moodiness in women is PMS. Medical conditions (such as thyroid problems and diabetes) and psychiatric illnesses (such as depression) can share many of the same symptoms. If your symptoms continue to be bothersome, you may want to discuss the options that I have mentioned with your doctor. Otherwise, please see your doctor.

1 Like

Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Zandra1(f): 2:16am On Apr 26, 2008
Honestly, I dont get moody when I have my PMS. It hurts sometimes while at other times it seems like nothing is going on down there. . . . no pain at all. But am usually Hot when I have it cheesy.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Lady2(f): 2:42am On Apr 26, 2008
Exercise is good, particularly boxing or anything to do with hitting grin

LET IT OUT.

My bf calls it "acting funny"

Everytime I snap, he asks me why I'm acting funny. I know he knows why I'm "acting funny" but he dare not mention it.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by bigfather(m): 8:47am On Apr 26, 2008
Woman matter !
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by outlaws(m): 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2008
cool

Wonder shall never end
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Ebonyj(f): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2008
Thanks Upry
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by tflow2(m): 1:19am On Apr 30, 2008
ehen, mo so naaaa, So this is what has been happening to B.B. lol, thats my girlfriend. Can you believe that I never knew that it was normal for ladies to be acting like that when their period comes. My girlfrienf is always snapping and throwing things at me and when I ask, she just sulks, haha, now I know better,
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by tRoOE(f): 7:17am On Apr 30, 2008
OMO IBO:

i expect u to know what i meant. i couldnt be bothered with punctuation
i was just pulling your legs
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by opokonwa(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2008
Nice sex education for Opoks! cheesy
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by cyriluzo(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2008
[td]
@control ke?its not possible,infact my husband has to leave d house for me sometimes because he can't stand my character
[/td]

Sounds like some wild animal that needs to be tamed. God help the husbands!(with abundance of wisdom)
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by cyriluzo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 30, 2008
Quote from jennykadry (f)
@control ke?its not possible,infact my husband has to leave d house for me sometimes because he can't stand my character

Sounds like some wild animal that needs to be tamed. God help the husbands!(with abundance of wisdom)
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
Cadet:

I can't control it period! If a guy can't take it,too bad! He just has to be mature enough.

Can you imagine that? When you're acting irrational and silly, a man should be 'mature enough' by condoning and overlooking it? Meanwhile when a man has a bad day at the office and comes home to take out all the anger and stress on you (perhaps by dishing out one or two hot slaps), would you be 'mature' enough to overlook it? 'Maturity' and self-control is not exclusive to one gender. If a woman can't control herself (regardless of whatever red, yellow, or blue demon she's battling with inside), then she shouldn't expect the man to control himself in spite of his own issues.

Maturity my ass. Ridiculous how you peeps throw these words about to suit your selfish purposes.

5 Likes

Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2012
As long as you dont act that way to your employer then you def can control yourself.

1 Like

Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by dare2think: 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
davidylan:

As long as you dont act that way to your employer then you def can control yourself.

Exactly !!!!!

*They only use it as an excuse confuse us jare*

You can control it!!!!!

*quickly running away*
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by moHot(f): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
my dear sisters we  can control it o

my PMD was so bad like 2 years ago that i began to question my sanity during my MF (menstrual flow), i shout unnecessarily,little things irritates me, the mood swings was terrible.

when i noticed those things i spoke to myself and became extra patient whenever i feel the urge to snap at little things i reminded myself that 'hey girl u re menstruating' i.e 'u no well this time' BUT WOMEN GET WAHALA SHA grin grin grin
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by muyoto: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
davidylan:

LMAO!! grin grin they see who they go make ''yanga'' for
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Dyt(f): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
neva noticed tho
bt one thing i know s i wanna so slp n get rid of dat pain n m all gd
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by maclatunji: 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
moHot:

my dear sisters we  can control it o

my PMD was so bad like 2 years ago that i began to question my sanity during my MF (menstrual flow), i shout unnecessarily,little things irritates me, the mood swings was terrible.

when i noticed those things i spoke to myself and became extra patient whenever i feel the urge to snap at little things i reminded myself that 'hey girl u re menstruating' i.e 'u no well this time' BUT WOMEN GET WAHALA SHA grin grin grin

Seems reasonable, why are your fellow women saying quite the opposite? Hormonal imbalance in women can be lethal to we men- I assume.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2012
pro01:

Can you imagine that? When you're acting irrational and silly, a man should be 'mature enough' by condoning and overlooking it? Meanwhile when a man has a bad day at the office and comes home to take out all the anger and stress on you (perhaps by dishing out one or two hot slaps), would you be 'mature' enough to overlook it? 'Maturity' and self-control is not exclusive to one gender. If a woman can't control herself (regardless of whatever red, yellow, or blue demon she's battling with inside), then she shouldn't expect the man to control himself in spite of his own issues.

Maturity my ass. Ridiculous how you peeps throw these words about to suit your selfish purposes.
u r selfish,if u knw hw it feels u wnt say dat,its lyk evrytn is irritatn,evn ur body atimes hurts n an irritatn way.me my feet 2 my hair irritates,plus d tumy pain.merge the 2 flns ,its lyk u loosin ur mynd 4 smtym..lyk mini pregnancy, much mre sm1els.hp ure nt wicked.ure a guy u ego wnt let u c it.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Wen i menstrate,i like keeping to myself,because if i have contact with anyone i can transfer anger and aggression on d person so to avoid dat i kip to myself for my 4days of menses.infact when my boss asked me to see him in his office concerning some mistakes i made while drafting a letter,i did not go because i cant trust myself dat season,i might snap at him so i decided to do my thing,when my colleagues were busy jistin,exchangin banters n all,i dint even mind dem,when my fiancee came to grit me @ home,i totally ignored him n he steped out angrily because he dint know y i was so moody,if he talks,ill look d oda way like i dint hear him,infact when he left i told d gateman to shut d gate (he heard but i wasnt bothered).one thing is dat i cud b bitchy n nasty durin my menses,but as soon as it ends,ill b myself again.my fiance has known my menses dates so he stays away from me,my colleagues just assume dat i av mood swings and have taken me 4 dat. I think its just natural.sometimes self i throw tantrums.men should just learn to accept us like dat.its not easy being a woman particularly loosing blood every month of ur life till u reach menopause
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2012

As long as you don't act that way to your employer then you def can control yourself.

Simple. If you're not willing to make the extra effort to control yourself (as you do when with your boss/employer), then don't expect me to be willing to make the extra effort to be 'mature' or to 'understand or 'accept' you like that.
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by oyarose(f): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Really, i think am very[b] SPECIAL[/b] and UNIQUE grin, because that point in time for me is the most ROMANTIC ever for me and HUBBY. LOADS and LOTs of SexTinZ! cool cheesy kiss[quote]
Re: Women: Why Do We Get So Moody During That Time Of The Month, How Can We Control by MrsChima1(f): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Bless our husbands who deal with it. Lord knows what they are actually thinking when they just smile and say yes baby. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / Abuja Beggar, Translator Receive N2m Cash Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.