Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme (8848 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Visits Edo IDP Camp For Empowerment Programme - pics / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Shokudo(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2013
Shokudo:

Let's see how it's going to end

Scholarship? NYSC
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Onyegecha(f): 7:18am On May 22, 2013
I wish you guys will hold on before celebrating. The Rochas we know loves talking. He knows what people want to hear and tells them that. The experiences we have had since he came on board have made it imperative that we take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Examples- one hundred Naira and one hundred and fifty Naira daily stipend for all primary and secondary school students, respectively, twenty thousand Naira minimum wage for Imo workers, school uniforms, bags, school shoes, books, free education in the tertiary institutions in Imo state, etc All these and many more are yet to be fulfilled. His promises mean nothing to discerning Imolites because the man speaks before he thinks. If he fulfills even 40 percent of this present matter, that is to get forty percent of our young people employed, then i will doff my cap for him. Experience has taught me not to trust smooth talkers like Rochas.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Shokudo(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2013
Onyegecha: I wish you guys will hold on before celebrating. The Rochas we know loves talking. He knows what people want to hear and tells them that. The experiences we have had since he came on board have made it imperative that we take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Examples- one hundred Naira and one hundred and fifty Naira daily stipend for all primary and secondary school students, respectively, twenty thousand Naira minimum wage for Imo workers, school uniforms, bags, school shoes, books, free education in the tertiary institutions in Imo state, etc All these and many more are yet to be fulfilled. His promises mean nothing to discerning Imolites because the man speaks before he thinks. If he fulfills even 40 percent of this present matter, that is to get forty percent of our young people employed, then i will doff my cap for him. Experience has taught me not to trust smooth talkers like Rochas.

Talkative���

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by ceaz4r(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2013
manny4life:

Indeed this man must be very funny

100 youths to train as pilots? shocked shocked

The last I checked, to earn commercial license + ME + IR will cost you about $30,000 or more... LOL, joke of the century.

When they finish, who will buy the planes they will use to enter service?

I dey laff o, cheesy cheesy

Guy, read through your post again and ask yourself if you actually spent a second to think before writing that. Why are you people always in a hurry to display your stack ignorance to the world?
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Sunnycliff(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2013
Shokudo:

Let's see how it's going to end

Comparing the Past administration with the present, how many factories were built? The problem with Rochas is the high societal expectation placed on Him. Even the little that he has done that could have been a passmark for some Governors, is far below expectation to Imolites cos there is that mentality among the imolites that he should do the Best
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by okpukmbat: 7:35am On May 22, 2013

Waiter abeg bring me food without meat?
Madam!! don't keep me waiting.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by rhymz(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2013
My problem with Rochas is the way he does the right things the wrong way. Does he have to sponsor 100 people to learn piloting or 500 people to learn entrepreneural skills, whatever that means. . . Scheeew!
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Ebestsmscom: 7:50am On May 22, 2013
Jonranti: why should we praise a man for what he should be doing

That is why he was voted. Moreover that isn't his money rather state, so therefore the fund should be fully utilized.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Nobody: 7:53am On May 22, 2013
Mrs. Mango:
If this will affect the price of beans in the market, then it's Ok.
no, it will only affect the price of your mango head in yola .
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Rarepearl88: 7:56am On May 22, 2013
May God bless u DR ROCHAS n give us a governor like u in abia state
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by slyk2(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2013
dayokanu:

Since he has been associating with ACN governors, He has been learning and improving

Dont you see that this scheme is a carbon copy of what Aregbesola started and other ACN governors are doing?

If good governance is the trade mark of ACN/APC governors, we follow them.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by ORAFA(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2013
tspun: all dis one way u don day promise everyday so i hope you go fit forfil them.
olodo!!!,i wonder y sum people the reason lyk crayfish
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2013
The MUST means "if you refuse to work, you will be jailed." to stop kidnapping and other evil vices.
manny4life: Hmm,

Is this democracy or democrazy?

Why is the "MUST" clause in there? Na wa o

Anyway sha, good initiative
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Nobody: 8:11am On May 22, 2013
Who is deceiving who? The more you look, the less you see. The "Rescue" mission administration is the worst since the history of Imo. Rochas, Kirikiri is eagerly waiting for you. Prepare yourself!!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by ORAFA(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2013
Ebestsms.com:

That is why he was voted. Moreover that isn't his money rather state, so therefore the fund should be fully utilized.
N hw many governors,the utilize their state fund wey u knw,some of u are chronic n bloody haters,i knw say u lyk govnrs lyk james ibori n cohorts,thumbs up my able governor(SAM),anybody wey no lyk u make him go die 4 lagoon
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Chynx(m): 8:22am On May 22, 2013
manny4life:

Indeed this man must be very funny

100 youths to train as pilots? shocked shocked

The last I checked, to earn commercial license + ME + IR will cost you about $30,000 or more... LOL, joke of the century.

I dey laff o, cheesy cheesy

If uve got nothing to say, say NOTHING! Do you know how many foreign pilots we have in this country? If u fly often, u won't put up this silly talk. And by d way, what is 30,000 dolls for a Government?...that is IF that's d amount he actually has to spend to fix them up!
Let's learn to appreciate and not slander. It will take us no where!
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by benpuzzy(m): 8:23am On May 22, 2013
I never wanted to say anything but let me inform u guys dat we @ Imo House of Assembly has formalize everything to re-instate d 10k youths employed by d past administration. Just matter of time.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by garydana001: 8:26am On May 22, 2013
@Indeed this man must be very funny

100 youths to train as pilots?

I dey laff o,

I don't know from the planet you exist but to the very best of my knowledge, you are not part of us cause you are clueless or else you will not be attempt to make yourself relevant when you are irrelevant cause your point were all pointless. People like you are the enemy of progress and will never see anything good coming up from someone who has choose to flush out hoodlums like you out of that wonderful state called Imo state. Your intention of deluding pure and innocent minds with fictitious and frivolous statement is a flop like that of a drop of bag of pure water on the floor.

Let me quickly state here for those who does not know the positive impact Rochas Okorocha has made in Imo State, He has virtually turned most of the rural areas in Imo State to township by setting up basic amenities such as construction of roads, underground drainage system and pipe born water and as I talk to you now, those project are ongoing project in various communities in Imo state. He has made an impact in Imo states that can NEVER be erased by any form of cheap propaganda. Rochas Okoro has been the only exiting Governor in Imo state that could be aggregated of similar proximity with Late. Hon. MBAKWE (the weeping governor). We should learn to encourage and advocate for those who has the interest of our mother land at heart.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by redocean: 8:45am On May 22, 2013
Mrs. Mango:

You are so narrow minded that you only care about the price of beans. A Governor is truly trying to engage the youths which will have a ripple effect in the economy if successful and your here talking of beans. undecided
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by NET1(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2013
redocean:

You are so narrow minded that you only care about the price of beans. A Governor is truly trying to engage the youths which will have a ripple effect in the economy if successful and your here talking of beans. undecided

Guy, take it easy nau. Where's your sense of humour?

.NET
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by martinbillings: 9:35am On May 22, 2013
garydana001: @Indeed this man must be very funny

100 youths to train as pilots?

I dey laff o,

I don't know from the planet you exist but to the very best of my knowledge, you are not part of us cause you are clueless or else you will not be attempt to make yourself relevant when you are irrelevant cause your point were all pointless. People like you are the enemy of progress and will never see anything good coming up from someone who has choose to flush out hoodlums like you out of that wonderful state called Imo state. Your intention of deluding pure and innocent minds with fictitious and frivolous statement is a flop like that of a drop of bag of pure water on the floor.

Let me quickly state here for those who does not know the positive impact Rochas Okorocha has made in Imo State, He has virtually turned most of the rural areas in Imo State to township by setting up basic amenities such as construction of roads, underground drainage system and pipe born water and as I talk to you now, those project are ongoing project in various communities in Imo state. He has made an impact in Imo states that can NEVER be erased by any form of cheap propaganda. Rochas Okoro has been the only exiting Governor in Imo state that could be aggregated of similar proximity with Late. Hon. MBAKWE (the weeping governor). We should learn to encourage and advocate for those who has the interest of our mother land at heart.
. Shut that trap you call mouth. Even in Owerri, the taps that use to work are all history. Which Village roads did he open, Even the so called roads he did in Owerri have no drainage system, how come the village roads. Lets stop feeding people with false information. Ohakim built roads, roundabouts, drainages, conference center, Governors office and street light, these are the same things Rochas is doing, so how is he better than him? Orlu, Orlu, Orlu. How many roads has he tarred in orlu? All i see is graded roads, roundabouts with no roads, Heaps of sand along Owerri-Orlu road. These have been there for more than a year now. I am from Onuimo and the only project i see in onuimo is the Hospital being constructed by a labourer and a mason for like 2 yrs now. If i am lying, someone from Onuimo shd correct me. The only difference between him and Ohakim is that He did free education while ohakim gave jobs. They are all the same. People should not forget that Rochas served in Ohakims govt as an SA. Too many eye service, bill boards. etc

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by kliffo(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2013
Governor Okorocha doesn't seem to have fully grasped the complexities in tackling youth unemployment. This proposal is so pedestrian.Training 100 pilots from Imo state in SA? sounds so dumb. 100 hotel managers might be more useful. What the economy of Imo state needs is industries that can employ people. Granted it might be difficult for government to set up and sustain these industries, but they can create an environment that will encourage private investors to do so rather than building hotels in every street.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by kelvincoll(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2013
Onyegecha: I wish you guys will hold on before celebrating. The Rochas we know loves talking. He knows what people want to hear and tells them that. The experiences we have had since he came on board have made it imperative that we take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Examples- one hundred Naira and one hundred and fifty Naira daily stipend for all primary and secondary school students, respectively, twenty thousand Naira minimum wage for Imo workers, school uniforms, bags, school shoes, books, free education in the tertiary institutions in Imo state, etc All these and many more are yet to be fulfilled. His promises mean nothing to discerning Imolites because the man speaks before he thinks. If he fulfills even 40 percent of this present matter, that is to get forty percent of our young people employed, then i will doff my cap for him. Experience has taught me not to trust smooth talkers like Rochas.

If and only if his had a Special Adviser on Websites, blogs and online forum affairs to actually send these messages and other peoples comment downt to him. cry

People around him should be able to advise him on the way his talks too much and does less
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Blackboss: 10:32am On May 22, 2013
[quote author=i think he is d best governor in naija
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by Abagworo(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2013
I'm sure Rochas is an ardent admirer of Obasanjo. Obasanjo has always maintained that or hope of reducing unemployment lies much in agriculture than white collar jobs.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by tomakint: 10:48am On May 22, 2013
Mrs. Mango:
I have to admit, your moniker cracks me up more than your posts cheesy cheesy
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by manny4life(m): 11:41am On May 22, 2013
Chynx:

If uve got nothing to say, say NOTHING! Do you know how many foreign pilots we have in this country? If u fly often, u won't put up this silly talk. And by d way, what is 30,000 dolls for a Government?...that is IF that's d amount he actually has to spend to fix them up!
Let's learn to appreciate and not slander. It will take us no where!

My friend, learn to crawl before you walk, this is the poor mentality killing Nigerians. Foreign pilots you speak of have 2,000+ flying hours + an ATPL (this is MANDATORY) + all flight instrument ratings + type ratings (with specificity to different aircraft) + any currencies.

So my friend, I see this idea as a poorly thought out one, training 100 pilots WILL NOT solve that need just yet, even if you fired all the foreign pilots, these your 100 pilots must adhere to ICAO flying requirements. For instance to fly a mere regional jet weight about 45-60 tons, piloted by two crews, et al, to act as PIC, you need to satisfy minimums and their flight training is way far from it.

Why spend $3million "on average" in another man's country "South Africa", this money has no impact at all in the state, and cannot be reinvested. If he's so pressured about training pilots, let him open a flight training center in Imo. $3million is more than enough to build a small flight line bldg really equipped, buy two training SE Cessna, One ME Diamond (glass cockpit), and even build single/ME simulators. If he add more money, he can buy a full motion Regional Jet Trainer as well.

Believe me, that will go a long way in flight training, the center will be opened ALL YEAR ROUND, pilots who graduate and have completed their time can be CFI's and train other students, thus earning more hours + pay, and the cycle continues helping the IMO economy. As far as I can see, this is just the absolute option if he wants to help his economy, other than that, this is a mere charade.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by manny4life(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2013
iheanyiebeneze: The MUST means "if you refuse to work, you will be jailed." to stop kidnapping and other evil vices.

I understand what the MUST there mean, I was being sarcastic to why the MUST has to be there given that we're in a democratic setting.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by manny4life(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2013
ceaz4r:

Guy, read through your post again and ask yourself if you actually spent a second to think before writing that. Why are you people always in a hurry to display your stack ignorance to the world?

Thank you o, I love to display ignorance, mr non-ignorance, I think I quoted that paragraph before replying it, so please re-quote that paragraph again, perhaps I missed the memo. cheesy cheesy
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by DerideGull(m): 11:50am On May 22, 2013
Alhaji Rochas Okorocha is who he is, a dirty con man.
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by manny4life(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2013
Parnassuss:

Allow the mallam. 30,000 is a very modest estimate, in the least u should say 40,000 and above, lets not take of books, accommodation and living expense. But na Imo get her money

Bros, I was VERY CONSERVATIVE when I said $30,000 but then, our dearest governor thinks it's cheap to train to fly. The funny thing is that training isn't the issue, since they are Imo assets, after training what's next?

Na Imo people money...I dey laff o, cheesy
Re: Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme by adexway(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2013
Dont be fooled by the said Youth Must Work initiative of Rochas. It's another scam and propaganda of his administration. I'm serving in imo state and the said 10000 youths gathered at heroes square are youth corps members in the state who are not deceived as the governor intended. To imagine that he is not paying corps members in his state and conditioned them to meeting with their community leaders, who by the way are mere illusions, then you'll understand that asking youths to submit c.v in a state where there're no companies and industries save for hotels, brothels, night clubs, joints, and bars, and banks, is another propaganda. I know better because i'm living and serving there at the moment. If you dont come to the east, you'll be carried away by his sweet talks. Rochas is a SCAM!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Denies Plan To Stop School Feeding Scheme / Nnamdi Kanu Last Words Before Arrest By DSS / 'buratai Must Account For Spending On Lafiya Dole, Crocodile Smile’ - SERAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.