Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath (8413 Views)

Group To Drag Buhari Before US Congress Over Benue Tribunal / Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat / Nigeria Drafts Foreign Mercenaries To Take On Boko Haram - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by karlmax2: 8:24am On May 22, 2013
Army Nabs 9 Fulani ‘mercenaries’ Over Benue Bloodbath

MAKURDI—After weeks of bloody conflict between Fulani herdsmen and Benue farmers, nine of the suspected Fulani mercenaries have been arrested and arraigned before a Makurdi Chief Magistrate Court.

The suspects, who were apprehended at Gbajimba in Guma Local Government Area of Benue State by officers of the Special Forces Squad of the 72 Battalion, Makurdi, were arraigned yesterday and charged with culpable homicide and causing mischief by fire.

Parading the suspects before the court, Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Patrick Sunday, told the court that the accused persons were arrested in Gbajimba on May 6 by the military personnel, who handed them over to the police.

According to him, the army officers told the police that they received reports that some Fulani mercenaries had attacked some villagers in Guma council, killing and burning the houses of their victims.

He explained that following the report, the army officers rushed to the area where they arrested the accused and also recovered three locally-made pistols and four live ammunition in their possession.

The army officers, the prosecutor further stated discovered four yet-to-be identified corpses of their victims at the scene of the attack.

At the hearing, the accused persons told the court that they came to Benue State from neighbouring Bassa in Nasarawa State.

However, no plea was taken for want of jurisdiction, while Police prosecutor asked for an adjournment of the case pending the completion of Police investigations into the matter.

In her ruling, presiding Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Cecilia Tsumba, ordered that the accused be remanded at the Makurdi prison and adjourned the case to the June 11 June for further mention.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/army-nabs-9-fulani-mercenaries-over-benue-bloodbath/
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Lilimax(f): 8:54am On May 22, 2013
These fulani herdsmen are becoming very hostile
Should this be angry?
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 8:55am On May 22, 2013
Ok
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Okijajuju: 8:55am On May 22, 2013
cool
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by bootlegaz: 8:56am On May 22, 2013
They are APC card carrying members, leave them alone
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 8:56am On May 22, 2013
Army Nabs 9 Fulani ‘mercenaries’ Over Benue Bloodbath

Parading the suspects before the court, Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Patrick Sunday, told the court that the accused persons were arrested in Gbajimba on May 6 by the military personnel, who handed them over to the police.

Parading? If really they are mercenaries, they should be phucking shot. Why parading them?
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Decryptor(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2013
The families of the victims should find a way to penetrate the prison and kill them.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 8:58am On May 22, 2013
smothly: Ok

Okija juju: cool

Lilimax: .

Reserving space huh?
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by DICKtator: 8:59am On May 22, 2013
Herdsmen that value cattle over human lives.
smh
The issue of grazing must be addressed by each states
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Okijajuju: 8:59am On May 22, 2013
val_dee:

Reserving space huh?

Nope!!

Just saying cool, with a smiley
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Anabaraonyepete(m): 9:01am On May 22, 2013
i SEE... NO GOOD rEpORt AgAIn iN nAIjA... oNLy kILLInG ANd COUNTER kILLiNG... ...
God HElp uS pLs!! cry
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Reachyrich(f): 9:01am On May 22, 2013
Law of karma states dat whoever kill his/her fellow human being shall b killed."ORI O JORI" in short they must b sentence to death.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 9:04am On May 22, 2013
Fulani/hausa/nupe/kanuri I think is time to start eradication you guys like polio in this country. Dem take trouble swear for una
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by FulaniBOII(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2013
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by obicentlis: 9:07am On May 22, 2013
Hausa/Fulani and Killings!!!

Na wa ooo.
Dem swear give una!
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by uchechrist(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2013
What is the problem with fuail
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by IGBOSON1: 9:09am On May 22, 2013
val_dee:

Parading? If really they are mercenaries, they should be phucking shot. Why parading them?

^^^The full legal route should be followed, and then they should be used as an example and publicly executed! These bastards cup is full, and i'm sure some or all of them are illegal aliens.

1 Like

Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:10am On May 22, 2013
Lilimax: These fulani herdsmen are becoming very hostile
Should this be angry?
They are naturally hostile, except you've not lived or stayed with them that is why you think they are just becoming hostile
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
Where is Lacasa come and defend ur people as usual
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by hod898(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2013
Error. 898 Sorry... Exit()
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Lilimax(f): 9:14am On May 22, 2013
Handsomeemmy: They are naturally hostile, except you've not lived or stayed with them that is why you think they are just becoming hostile
It wasn't like this before. During my Youth service, I stayed with them and they are friendly
people. The only negative thing I saw then was that they do charms a lot.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Lilimax(f): 9:15am On May 22, 2013
val_dee:
Reserving space huh?
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The full legal route should be followed, and then they should be used as an example and publicly executed! These bastards cup is full, and i'm sure some or all of them are illegal aliens.

That is barring any jail break.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2013
Lilimax:
It wasn't like this before. During my Youth service, I stayed with them and they are friendly
people. The only negative thing I saw then was that they do charms a lot.
Have lived with this people and presently in the north still living with some of them, when you give them an inch, they devise means to take hundreds of miles from you, i'm not denying the fact that there are some few good ones among them, but the majority are just wickedly pathetic.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by funnyx(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Exactly! Public execution after due legal process to serve as deterrent and to show others that the authorities will no longer tolerate their criminality.
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 9:22am On May 22, 2013
hod898: Fulani,Fulani,Fulani! always, aa-aah! Most of them are not even Nigerians-they're mostly from Niger, Chad, etc. They've really taken many lives of the innocent especially in vulnerable villages in the North. Maybe the next state of emergency will be 4 fulani herdsmen.
Each and every one of them found guilty should be handled according to the Law. If the penalty is **years in prison fine. Buh if the penalty is death, pls make it quick and send them to '72 virgins'.
abeg, stop displaying your ignorance on a public forum..which kind of most of them are not nigerians eh eh do not disown your own oo
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 9:24am On May 22, 2013
Kill them all, as I have always said..sometime ethnic cleansing is the solution....
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2013
Way to go lads!!
But killing them na d koko
Re: Fulani ‘Mercenaries’ Arrested Over Benue Bloodbath by Nobody: 9:26am On May 22, 2013
Everyday good people are thinking about improvement While northers taking innocents lives, blood suckers,..if u are not pure don't think of coming to south,south especially Edo state... Inconsequential, imprudent fellows..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani / Senate To Dump Biometric Central Motor Registration (BCMR) / At Last: Alex Otti Apga Wins Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu Pdp In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.