Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan (14184 Views)

Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife / What If Southerners Vow To Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Buhari? / We Never Said We'll Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan-acf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 1:15pm On May 22, 2013
qualified: What goes around, comes around. Thought they were creating a monster BH to fight d presidency but sorry to say, they regret it now. By 2015, d population of d North must ve reduced by 75 percent. Thus, who ll vote for them?
the ghosts of the northerners
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2013
Dis Guy: awww poor Jonathan

why are they doing this to him, its so unfair!! nigerians should hug their president

Yes, the way giant green anaconda hugs it's prey!!
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by tomakint: 1:19pm On May 22, 2013
Kulas: Core North should just forget about power for now if atall they want this country to still remain as one.For now: GEJ(South South) will rule till 2019.Thereafter South East(igbos),2019-2027. After that,Middle Belt(2027-2035).South West(Yorubas),2035-2043.Thereafter power returns to real Abokis(North East or North West).Whoever want to dispute this permutations,let the person say it here.
(((GBAM))) Your permutation is ENDORSED already! cool

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by tomakint: 1:22pm On May 22, 2013
samkoro:

Its a puzzle I pondered for years and finally got answers to it.

1) The world is created to go by positives and negatives to create a balance.where there is dominance ,there must be submission.Where there is a slave,there must be a master.Its better to be feared than loved.Those supporting the north are consciously or subconsciously doing so because the north has dealt with them so badly ,from the days of uthman dan Fodio,Afonja to Abiola.Just the way we admire and support Britain, U.S,Arabs (they traded black slave too) despite their atrocities of slavery and colonisation.

Western Nigeria is yet to wean itself of political fascination about northern hegemony and power.They nearly did that durring NADECO and OBJ regime.They relapsed and never supported OBJ who tried to break than bondage.

3)Some women are found to fantasize about ra.pists.Even those that are victims of rape.
Sam, you are so right on point!

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 22, 2013
samkoro:

1) The world is created to go by positives and negatives to create a balance.where there is dominance ,there must be submission.Where there is a slave,there must be a master.Its better to be feared than loved.Those supporting the north are consciously or subconsciously doing so because the north has dealt with them so badly ,from the days of uthman dan Fodio,Afonja to Abiola.Just the way we admire and support Britain, U.S,Arabs (they traded black slave too) despite their atrocities of slavery and colonisation.

Western Nigeria is yet to wean itself of political fascination about northern hegemony and power.They nearly did that durring NADECO and OBJ regime.They relapsed and never supported OBJ who tried to break than bondage.

3)Some women are found to fantasize about ra.pists.Even those that are victims of rape.

You must be a young man and I will educate you. You claim the Yorubas are slaves to the North but I if you really understand the history of Nigeria, you will realise that it is actually the Yoruba who have never voted along with the North. From the days of Action Group to UPN, tell me when the Yorubas voted along with the North. Was it not Zik that formed an alliance with Ahmadu Bello. Why do you think they call him and Igbo the beautiful bride. He was made a ceremonial president with not portfolio. Awolowo never wanted to have any dealings with the North that was why he repeatedly wanted an Alliance with Zik but Zik instead chose to be the beautiful Bride. Same thing repeated itself in 1963.

Awolowo's relationship with the North got so bad he was accused of treason and jailed while Akintola replaced him. In 1963, Zik initially refused another Alliance with Ahmadu Bello even calling for a military take over before agreeing to be the bride again. In 1979, the Yoruba did not vote along with the North and even in 1993. fast foreward to 1999 when OBJ ran and the same thing happened. The North voted OBJ and Yoruba voted Falae. Who did the SE vote for? Was it not OBJ? Fast forward to 2011, the North Voted Buhari and the Yoruba voted Jonathan. So please get you facts right, the Yoruba and the North do not vote together, if there is a region that has been voting along with the North it is the Igbo hoping to get crumbs but they have now realised they will never get anything. Have you not heard several Igbo leaders saying they no longer want to play second fiddle. The Igbo have been playing second fiddle to the North from independence and are just realising what the Yoruba had always known. Now, you may ask me about the war, and if you do, I will explain to you.

The problem we have now is that Jonathan is just not the right man, neither is Buhari; the country needs to move beyond the politics of tribe. How many South South people on this thread have benefitted anything from GEJ presidency. We need to move beyond rotational presidency to merit. There are a group of people in Abuja from every tribe stealing from all of us, and those are the people we need to fight, not each other.

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Evestar200(f): 1:32pm On May 22, 2013
NIGER DELTANS ALL D WAY

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Malawian(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
Suljosh: As a northerner & as a Christian, I don't care where the next president comes from. I just want GEJ out of that seat. I support the next president to be an igbo man. The northerners have rule this country more & nothing to show for it than corruption, killing, manipulation, and so many things. GEJ can't lead us, he's too weak to lead us
too difficult trying to speak in the first person when you are not. nice try yorubaman. nobody will dilute eastern votes so that you master and slaves will find your way through the backdoor, jona all the way. especially if clowns like cockRochas or Rotimi is the "igbo" candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
Suljosh: As a northerner & as a Christian, I don't care where the next president comes from. I just want GEJ out of that seat. I support the next president to be an igbo man. The northerners have rule this country more & nothing to show for it than corruption, killing, manipulation, and so many things. GEJ can't lead us, he's too weak to lead us
So Gowon (Northern Christian) is a failure?
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 22, 2013
ifebosco: is education, health care and infrastructure now rat??

So even after sb told u exactly wat i wanted to reply to u, u stl went ahead to post this?

At d end of d day, those tnz are rats compared to loss of lives. One needs to be alive to go to school by d way or enjoy d infrastructure. Shebi the little infrastructure on grounds are being destroyed by d same Boko haram?
Today n within two years, we see an improvement in the federal roads, power supply and upgrading of air ports nationwide inspite of the diversion of attention, time n resources spent to curb terrorism.
Dont worry, u are not more bothered than GEJ abt the need to improve d status of educ n infrastructure.

Finally, If not for this planted insurgency and subsequent propaganda, everybody knows he could have done his best for his nation .
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 1:45pm On May 22, 2013
samkoro:

What happened?
South East was with the North in 1960 - 1966. SE was no 2
South East was with North again in 1979 - 1983. Where did they wrong you. You were no 2 and 4?
Be fair!
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 1:49pm On May 22, 2013
abdulsleemzy: if una like make una trow nuclear Bomb for north.. Still the population will be more than SS SE SW... Wit co-operation north can vote janadull owt come 2015
Stop talking like that
The North alone cannot install anybody!
We need 2/3rds
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 1:49pm On May 22, 2013
Nashville:

Lol, but that is how most Nigerians actually reason. A man is backed by all the powers in the constitution and yet, we are being told, a bunch of criminals sponsored by fellow politicians are making the country ungovernable. Most of you claim that you know the sponsors of Boko Haram, so the question I ask is why hasn't the GEJ government arrested these people. A Boko Haram orange seller had 600 million naira pass through his account, isn't anyone tracing the source of the money? Is that too difficult to do? Who are their financiers? Or are we to believe almajeris in the North have the financial resources to take on Nigerian government? Some politicians have been linked to Boko Haram, what has happened to them?

That statement is a lie!
N600m in 6 or 9 months?
At least 3million per day into this person's account?
Was he an MTN agent? No KYC? This is a time of war and time of propaganda/falsehood and ojuju
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 22, 2013
truly:

That statement is a lie!
N600m in 6 or 9 months?
At least 3million per day into this person's account?
Was he an MTN agent? No KYC? This is a time of war and time of propaganda/falsehood and ojuju

https://www.nairaland.com/1296083/boko-haram-orange-seller-arrested-n600m

I read it here on Nairaland. Dont know about source.
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 1:59pm On May 22, 2013
Nashville:

You must be a young man and I will educate you. You claim the Yorubas are slaves to the North but I if you really understand the history of Nigeria, you will realise that it is actually the Yoruba who have never voted along with the North. From the days of Action Group to UPN, tell me when the Yorubas voted along with the North. Was it not Zik that formed an alliance with Ahmadu Bello. Why do you think they call him and Igbo the beautiful bride. He was made a ceremonial president with not portfolio. Awolowo never wanted to have any dealings with the North that was why he repeatedly wanted an Alliance with Zik but Zik instead chose to be the beautiful Bride. Same thing repeated itself in 1963.

Awolowo's relationship with the North got so bad he was accused of treason and jailed while Akintola replaced him. In 1963, Zik initially refused another Alliance with Ahmadu Bello even calling for a military take over before agreeing to be the bride again. In 1979, the Yoruba did not vote along with the North and even in 1993. fast foreward to 1999 when OBJ ran and the same thing happened. The North voted OBJ and Yoruba voted Falae. Who did the SE vote for? Was it not OBJ? Fast forward to 2011, the North Voted Buhari and the Yoruba voted Jonathan. So please get you facts right, the Yoruba and the North do not vote together, if there is a region that has been voting along with the North it is the Igbo hoping to get crumbs but they have now realised they will never get anything. Have you not heard several Igbo leaders saying they no longer want to play second fiddle. The Igbo have been playing second fiddle to the North from independence and are just realising what the Yoruba had always known. Now, you may ask me about the war, and if you do, I will explain to you.

The problem we have now is that Jonathan is just not the right man, neither is Buhari; the country needs to move beyond the politics of tribe. How many South South people on this thread have benefitted anything from GEJ presidency. We need to move beyond rotational presidency to merit. There are a group of people in Abuja from every tribe stealing from all of us, and those are the people we need to fight, not each other.

What do you have against Buhari? And the North has been
Gowon, Abacha, Babangida are not Hausas
In 1979, nos 2, 3 and 4 went to SE, SS and SE
Core north did not disturb Gowon for 9 years and he was pushed out when he wanted to perpetuate himself in power
It was the same Northerners who promised civil rule in 1979 which upon Murtala's death Obj adopted
You will recall that it was the middle belt Christians that killed Murtala though he planned his coup to spare the life of Gowon
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 22, 2013
Nashville:

Thank you for explaining to the "wise" people. Indeed they are "wise."
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by rhymz(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2013
truly:
Stop talking like that
The North alone cannot install anybody!
We need 2/3rds
I have been to the North my Dear, the populated states are Kano and Kaduna, the rest are just like any other averagely populated Nigerian state. No one is being fooled by the fictitious population that always come out from the north during census counts, we all know the abracadabra that goes on in order to swell the population. Just like you lot could not send him out in 20011 in spite of your so-called "huge population". . .scheew. na today yansh begin dey back?

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 2:08pm On May 22, 2013
Nashville:

https://www.nairaland.com/1296083/boko-haram-orange-seller-arrested-n600m

I read it here on Nairaland. Dont know about source.

JTF needs the support of the people during the war. So there is need for propaganda
You recall how they suddenly captured arms that BH wanted to use to kill Johnathan when he visited Borno
As if it was news that BH wanted to kill him, IG, UN people etc

Look at it this way, they have been trying to link Buhari with BH
Same with Atiku, Babangida and Ciroma
Yet we know that these guys prefer a southerner to Buhari. He is not their friends
If there is any evidence against Buhari, they would have brought it out

People are justifying Asari's provocative statements
So if the North actually threatened to make this country ungovernable and people are saying that is wrong
does it make it right for Asari to make such statements?

If we are wondering where BH gets its arms from
Should we not wonder where Asari is getting his from to be able to match bullet for bullet?

If people are saying the population of the North must be drastically reduced, would you expect them to really be happy at a SOE that might just be designed for that?

My point? JTF is fighting a war. One of the major instruments is falsehood and alarmist stories designed to paint the enemy in a particular light

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 2:12pm On May 22, 2013
rhymz: I have been to the North my Dear, the populated states are Kano and Kaduna, the rest are just like any other averagely populated Nigerian state. No one is being fooled by the fictitious population that always come out from the north during census counts, we all know the abracadabra that goes on in order to swell the population. Just like you lot could not send him out in 20011 in spite of your so-called "huge population". . .scheew. na today yansh begin dey back?
Really? 25% of Katsina (Buhari's state) contributed to his 22m
45% of Kaduna's votes was also part of his 22million votes
The North has the population but did not use everything against him
BTW - is zoning now valid? Because Jonathan said there was nothing like that in 2011
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by dollydolly(f): 2:13pm On May 22, 2013
truly:

If Buhari was a sadist South South people would not remain loyal to him
Tam David West was his Petroleum Minister and he had free hand
Marinho was NNPC MD. Both still adore Buhari

Read your history
My guy u ar commending a man because two people out of the whole masses thought it wise? Smh

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by josite: 2:16pm On May 22, 2013
they were kind enough to give Jonathan an advance notice. They did told him before the election they will make the country ungovernable for him.dont blame the flood, blame the owner of the house who in spite of enormous resources at his disposal allow the flood to overwhelm his house.
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 2:17pm On May 22, 2013
Kulas: Core North should just forget about power for now if atall they want this country to still remain as one.For now: GEJ(South South) will rule till 2019.Thereafter South East(igbos),2019-2027. After that,Middle Belt(2027-2035).South West(Yorubas),2035-2043.Thereafter power returns to real Abokis(North East or North West).Whoever want to dispute this permutations,let the person say it here.

Even Jonathan has said presidency is never zoned!
Try again

https://www.nairaland.com/521275/pdp-never-zoned-presidency-jonathan
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/11663-pdp-never-zoned-presidency-jonathan-presidents-claim-ludicrous-atik
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by truly: 2:20pm On May 22, 2013
dolly dolly: My guy u ar commending a man because two people out of the whole masses thought it wise? Smh

2 people who have worked with him were able to put tribalism aside
It is hard and nearly unprecedented, I know, but they did it! If he was a bad person, this would have been the time to speak out and pay him back
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2013
The South East needs, just as T. Y. Danjuma said, to put its house together before attempting at the Presidency. A situation where more than ten presidential aspirants come from that part of the country is not good for them. And they should stop this "we are the wisest in Nigeria" attitude. How do you hope to win the votes of other parts of the country after cursing them? Chinua Achebe may have done a disservice to the Igbo when he attacked Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello. These two figures, even in death, are highly respected in the north and in the west respectively.
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 22, 2013
Nashville:

it didnt remove d fact that Awolowo was used by d north during d war and dumped completely. And d fact he drank rat poison because a northerner gave him either of two options: to go on exile abroad or to go back to prison. Wasn't OBJ d bride they used to make sure Awolowo didnt win in d 80's, instead d election was rigged in favour of Shagari?

Nonsense, u could have added that igbos voted for GEJ because northerners did so and that igbos wl vote him again because d same northerners want GEJ in 2015 . Again, its d same igbos dat are aligning with the north n merging parties to produce a northern president. Igbos are brides my foot. Lets not derail this thread further........

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Emperor007: 2:27pm On May 22, 2013
Well said, papa.

He who has ear, let him hear, only the dead stays dumb.

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 22, 2013
ngozievergreen:

it didnt remove d fact that Awolowo was used by d north during d war and dumped completely. And d fact he drank rat poison because a northerner gave him either of two options: to go on exile abroad or to go back to prison. Wasn't OBJ d bride they used to make sure Awolowo didnt win in d 80's, instead d election was rigged in favour of Shagari?

Nonsense, u could have added that igbos voted for GEJ because northerners did so and that igbos wl vote him again because d same northerners want GEJ in 2015 . Again, its d same igbos dat are aligning with the north n merging parties to produce a northern president. Igbos are brides my foot. Lets not derail this thread further........
"Wise Jew", Obafemi Awolowo was never used and dumped. He was released from prison and made the Vice Chairman of the Federal Executive Council, and later Federal Commissioner of Finance during the Civil War. He executed the war without borrowing a kobo like the so-called world renown economist, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala would. He changed the currency when Biafrans broke into the Central Bank branches in Benin and Calabar to buy weapons.

Just because GEJ added "Azikiwe" to his name you voted him.

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Tare55(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2013
Napolitano: Ezeife is saying that he see Jonathan as an Eastern man. Later on they will say that no Igbo has been allowed to ever rule Nigeria.

Not all easterners are igbo! I thought everybody knew this by now! GEJ is an easterner but not Igbo.
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by naUgotire: 3:26pm On May 22, 2013
Toktee: Can someone please explain to me what this old foool is saying here,"our man iz there, is not good going to compete with him;by 2015 every zone might have produce a leader except south east" i have a question for you,
can a cameronian become a president of mali............nah,you guys are from biafram republic don't forget so soon nah,and who told this old man that middlebelt will go with cunning people like igbos,finally,nobody made nigerian ungovernable for Jonathan for the following reason....
1.bokohallam is created by pdp during obasanjo tenure in 2007,u can google the death of yusuf in the hands of ill train nigerian police force,
2.Johnathan was pushed over to take the mantle of leadership where his experience is inadequate.
3.Poverty and unemployment plus massive curruption in the country is the creation pdp,from 2007 upto date no government official is behind bars for curruption as if it dose not exist.
Above all the root caused of all the above mentioned is lack of good leadership in the country,therefore i put it to you that nobody has made the country ungovernable for anybody.

I believe you're the real fool here, make no mistake about that!
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by visalo: 3:37pm On May 22, 2013
Toktee: Can someone please explain to me what this old foool is saying here,"our man iz there, is not good going to compete with him;by 2015 every zone might have produce a leader except south east" i have a question for you,
can a cameronian become a president of mali............nah,you guys are from biafram republic don't forget so soon nah,and who told this old man that middlebelt will go with cunning people like igbos,finally,nobody made nigerian ungovernable for Jonathan for the following reason....
1.bokohallam is created by pdp during obasanjo tenure in 2007,u can google the death of yusuf in the hands of ill train nigerian police force,
2.Johnathan was pushed over to take the mantle of leadership where his experience is inadequate.
3.Poverty and unemployment plus massive curruption in the country is the creation pdp,from 2007 upto date no government official is behind bars for curruption as if it dose not exist.
Above all the root caused of all the above mentioned is lack of good leadership in the country,therefore i put it to you that nobody has made the country ungovernable for anybody.

I hope you have a father. also remember you will old one day...

1 Like

Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 22, 2013
Tare55:

Not all easterners are igbo! I thought everybody knew this by now! GEJ is an easterner but not Igbo.
The defunct Eastern Region comprised the present day South East and parts of the South South i.e Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa states. There are however, Igbo in Rivers State, the Ikwerre, who will prefer a Hausa to Igbo probably because of the Igbo did to the during the Civil War.
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 22, 2013
Aphrygian: God pls divide dis unholy matrimony called nigeriya.NORTHERNERS(we are born to rule)SOUTHSOUTH(NA OUR OYEL MONEY.4getn dat dis nation was once fed by agriculture o,SOUTH EASTERNER'S(biafra tins).am jst fed up with dis tussles
You gaddem forgot there was True Federalism,50%Derivation Formula in place during those agric years. you did nothing but blew up ur point..
Re: Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan by IGBOSON1: 4:16pm On May 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:
It's really very sad.
It just hit me now that the root of the root of the root of Nigeria's problems is sentiments!!!!!!!!

^^^The root of the root of the root cause of our problems as a country is the fact that we run a warped kind of federalism, with all ethnicities seeing the control of the centre as the only way to ensure the attraction of resources from the centre and hence the progress of their kinsfolk.

What needs to be done to put this country on the path to progress (and reduce the mad struggle for power at the centre), is to restructure the current federal set-up and place more power/resources with the regions/federating units; also, said federating units should be given the space and freedom to use their resources (at least 50%) as and when they like.

If this solution is implemented, Nigeria would become one of the 15 most developed countries within the next 8 years!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Congratulates APC On Registration / Senator Barnabas Gemade: Buhari’s Government Shameful, There’s Ethnic Cleansing / Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.