Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency (7920 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Man, 23, Shot Dead Over Alleged Ballot Box Snatching In Plateau / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emmergency! (2) (3) (4)

Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Ptimes: 11:23am On May 22, 2013
Despite the State of Emergency declared in Borno State, gunmen, suspected to be members of the Boko Haram, have defied the heavy security presence in Maiduguri, to snatch cars from unsuspecting motorists.

In the past one week, about five posh cars have been snatched from owners in broad daylight, residents have said.

The latest incident happened on Monday when three gunmen driving a Volkswagen Golf car attempted to snatch a sub-urban vehicle belonging to the Nigerian Red Cross at a filling station.

According to a witness, the Red Cross vehicle was saved by an inbuilt security device that caused the car to come to a stop after the snatchers had moved about 600 meters.

Read more here:http://premiumtimesng.com/news/135490-despite-state-of-emergency-car-snatching-thrives-in-maiduguri.html
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by momodub: 12:08pm On May 22, 2013
what is my JTF security doing? i thougt there was coffew in the state?
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by dj187: 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
Results of technology through western education wey boko boys reject don dey hunt dem already tongue

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
in the midst of chaos,social vices would reign supreme.
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by wellmax(m): 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
momodub: what is my JTF security doing? i thougt there was coffew in the state?

grin grin grin grin Coffee, Coffew, Curfew, which do you mean?

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by kabba7(m): 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
Could the SOE enforcers have come along with the snatchers as part of them to do small fast business ?

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by dplomaticVal: 12:12pm On May 22, 2013
Die
Hard
Hoodlums
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 22, 2013
Has Bornu State become heaven because of the SOE there? Its only in heaven where God reigns you can
have safety, peace and joy. So don't think the presence of soldiers is a guarantee for safety.

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by martin1772(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
Dem don sign death warrant
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Kslib(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
kabba7: Could the SOE enforcers have come along with the snatchers as part of them to do small fast business ?
Stop using your dirty corrupt mind as a yardstick to judge others..

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by martin1772(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
Dey don sign death warrant
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by israel007: 12:16pm On May 22, 2013
If u can afford a car of hundreds of naira, u should be able to afford a car tracker of 40k.

Snatch my car I will not struggle with but u can't go far it
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Burger01(m): 12:18pm On May 22, 2013
wellmax:

I think he meant Coffee..

sad
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Onpurpose: 12:20pm On May 22, 2013
Any news from Maiduguri without any casualty shld nt make the front page cos dats wat we are use to. Lets knw if there was any casualty in the process of snatching the car so we can start blaming GEJ, JTF, BH etc.

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by martin1772(m): 12:20pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Alamen001: 12:21pm On May 22, 2013
Imagine that?
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by creativemusic: 12:22pm On May 22, 2013
na wa oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by nijanigga: 12:30pm On May 22, 2013
Ihis time the JFT and boko haram are colluding to rip-off innocent civilians,since they have taken over the security of the states and hence should be held accountable.
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Built2last: 12:32pm On May 22, 2013
In military drills you must understand priority. I remember a robbery going on arround CBN many years back and there were soldiers Manning CBN. all civillians including myself questioned why they will not intervene in the robbery. I grew up and went asking. only to be told by a family friend in the army that soldiers are disciplined men that must focus on the assignment. The robbery beside CBN will be viewed by any soldier on duty as a distraction. Its possible that CBN was the target but they needed to distract the soldiers by robbing close by. so a good soldier wont move. moreover, anything robbery is meant to be handled by the police. Soldiers are in Maiduguri for insurgence not car snatching. i just pity the pretty shuarab women there cosx soldiers have hot pants. Their third leg is not disciplined.

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by zeanslim(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2013
Hmmm !!!!
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 22, 2013
Them still get car for there?

All the news wey we de hear na "The gunmen came on motorcycles" or "The gunmen attacked with Keke Napep"

Maybe na why dem dey snatch the cars - 4 wheels bad, 2-3 wheels good. angry

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by collynzo2(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2013
So Volkswagen Golf is your definition of a 'posh' car?
Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by gen2briz(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2013
I beg na wetin happen to the space wey I reserve. .....why is it hidden

Re: Car-Snatching In Maiduguri Despite State Of Emergency by omoodeogere(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2013
wellmax:

ALL OF THE ABOVE[b][/b]

75 Million Nigerians Lack Access To Electricity – World Bank / Defend Your Budget Or Get Zero Allocation’ — Reps Panel Threatens Trade Minister / Insecurity: Osinbajo Urges Nigerians To Be Wary Of Social Media Reports