Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,944 members, 7,838,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect (27484 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Stripped Unclad In Imo / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Anglican Church Members Lock Out Priest In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 22, 2013
naptu2: The same type of thing happened when Anthony Okogie was appointed Bishop of Oyo early in 1971. They didn't want him. They wanted an Oyo man. There were protests and they even threatened to kill him. However, the Pope's decision stood.

Eventually, when Okogie was appointed Archbishop of Lagos in 1972 (after the death of the previous archbishop) the people of Oyo did not want him to go. He had warmed his way into their hearts.

Truth. Whoever they appoint as Bishop shouldn't be a problem, its God they need to worship and not man, except they have external motives to that effect. Mostimes I wonder what Africa is turning into. This christinaity we are all fighting and killing ourselves for was actually introduced to us by the whites who still live in peace. Now, I'm begining to lose my faith, but I trust God will surely strengthen me.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nightshift(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2013
Mbaise and Nsukka areas produce more Rv Fathers in the catholic church than any other part of Igboland. But that doesn't mean they have to take laws into their hand in determining who becomes their bishop.

Those beautiful Mbaise people who gave us wonderful Sir Warrior and Oriental Brothers should please take it easy and allow a fellow Igboman from Anambra to be their bishop.

There are hundreds of Mbaise born Rv Fathers serving in different parts of Igboland. Egbe belu, Ugo belu!!

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by kross01(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2013
ZUBY77: Our bishop, the bishop of Awgu diocess is from Awgu diocess.
He is the first Rev Fr from the diocess.

There is politics in Church, there has always been.
Cardinal Arinze have a hand in this.
This people know what they are talking about. This new Pope knows nothing about the Rev Fathers in any diocess in Nigeria. Someone is telling him who to chose.
I like this mbaise people. They are strong iin their faith.
seriously it baffles me when people like you who are not well informed or rather ignorant try to impress. Even the article did make mention that the bishop was appointed by the last pope benedict, now what has the new pope got to do with it? Now let me give you a little lecture about the catholic church's line of hierarchy for those calling cardinal arinze's name, do you know there is a pope's representative in nigeria(vatican's ambassador to nigeria,(vatican) being a sovereign state) called the papal nuncio? he is in a better position to make recommendations to the pope through the 'carmelengo'(vatican's secretary of state). Now it is mischievious to allege that some one who is in far away Rome, minding his own responsibilities was instrumental to the appointment of his 'states man' while the person whose official duty it is to make such recommendation is never mentioned. The embers you guys are fanning might turn out to be one big fire that you can't put out.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by dallyemmy: 7:38pm On May 22, 2013
This is no political party now. Pope Francis came all the way from South America to Pope in Vatican now.
No be Pdp zoning now biko!
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by dallyemmy: 7:38pm On May 22, 2013
This is no political party now. Pope Francis came all the way from South America to be Pope in Vatican now.
No be Pdp zoning now biko!
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by lernah: 7:40pm On May 22, 2013
Tribalism in d highest rank.....who dis youths think say them be sef?..........disagreeing wit GOD......hmmmmmmm na wa o
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Airtimex(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2013
Most of you are ignorant of this issue and should 1st of all study the entire situation before commenting. You cannot have a particular session imposing themselves on others for nearly 80years and claiming justice. This might be the beginning of the end of Catholicism in the Southern Igbo area if the issue is not handled with care.
said by you.....rubbish
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 22, 2013
1-She is coming, isn't she?
2-They have eaten,haven't they?
Teacher: who can give me another example?:|
Okon:
Sir!, Na Yam we go chop 2day, chopn't we? Teacher: what kind of sentence is that:>
Pls who can help correct him?/smiley
Akpos: Sir, Na Yam we go chop 2day, yamn't we?
!!! I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Mkpotu(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2013
I am so ashamed of Mbaise people for this display of hatred and ignoramus. They allowed their sentiments, bias to becloud their sense of reasoning even in the church.

Since the death of Ahiara Diocese some two yrs back, nearly about 5 priests from Mbaise/Imo state area have been nominated/considered for the Bishop of the Diocese. It is however painful that same Mbaise people wrote several petitions to the church to the effect that such persons who are their own are unfit for the position. Thus, the church cannot wait forever looking for a decent person from their area since everybody from there has one issue or anor against him.

Catholic church has passed the level of ethnic jingoism, they immediately around, behold former Rev Fr Peter Okpalaeke now Bishop Okpalaeke was nominated. They couldn't see anything against him but as usual satan has a way of dealing with some people. Next was that all those people kicking against their own now turned against the Bishop Elect on the ground that he's Anambra. Forgeting that catholic church has since passed the stage of those ethnicity factor.

Anyway whether they like it or not, Okpalaeke is a Bishop who can be posted to anywhere, if Ahiara abi Mbaise people insist, they will ofcourse be without Bishop & the Diocese can be taken away from them. So many people are yearning for Diocese.

On a lighter note,if they want they can decamp from catholic church & form Mbaise Progressive Church, afterall their Governor has decamped to All Progressive Congress!!

5 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2013
Look at what they did to our brothers? Religion bigotry has now eaten to the tribalistic brain of our people. Where is our world going with this religion madness?
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by fineworker(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2013
seunfly: Why are we so divided like ds, from religion to tribal to ethnic and now within same ethnnotribal group. The worst of it is that we can't even limit it to politics, economic or social, we are taking it to the house of God.
Really shame on us.
shame on them.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Ahmedie25(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2013
Gej start dis in nigeria,so nobody shal blame them
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Rarepearl88: 7:51pm On May 22, 2013
These people should understand that the catholic church doesnt do things for doing sake,they follow law and order
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by naUgotire: 7:51pm On May 22, 2013
Abagworo:

They will gladly accept a Yoruba man. That is the reality. They will accept an Ngwa man or an Ijaw man but not that particular man from that particular zone.

Go to bed and sleep with your bigotry, you bigot! And for your information, they're are insisting on a native being the bishop elect. So, don't give us the hogwash that they can accept any person from any other region other than Anambra state(since don't have the boldness to mention names)By the way, I hate cowards!
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 22, 2013
Typical Igbo things. In Abroad we have Nigeria community, igbo community, Yoruba or odua community, etc...
But igbo have everything eg. Anambra community, Mbaise Community, Aba community, Ebonyi community, Enugu community, orlu community etc.

They have all states and towns communities. The day of election na war front.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 22, 2013
dplomaticVal: Pls
What
Do
They
Stand
To
Loose
If
Their
Fellow
Easterner
Is
Appointed

Bishop

IHERE MEGBUKWA
UNU!!
NDI IMO!!!
angry
come on, don't b silly, dis is an mbaise affair not d whole Imo state. D catholic bishop of Okigwe diocese in Imo State is an Anambra man n heaven didn't fall, so u shd b particular wit ur statement now. Am against dem too
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Igwe9(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2013
It's God's choosing, after all no Black man has been a pope and black nation has not revolted against it.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by zanga420: 7:54pm On May 22, 2013
Abagworo:

They will gladly accept a Yoruba man. That is the reality. They will accept an Ngwa man or an Ijaw man but not that particular man from that particular zone.
think you are giving some clue there
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by slyk2(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2013
What
Do
They
Stand
To
Loose
If
Their
Fellow
Easterner
Is
Appointed

Bishop

IHERE MEGBUKWA
UNU!!
NDI IMO!!!
angry

Point of correction, Ahiara people of Mbaise. Its never an Imo state agenda.
Unfortunately, the indigens of that particular locality have openly washed their hands off these protests.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 22, 2013
[/quote]0. Airtime(m): Quote Post

Most of you are ignorant of this issue and should 1st of all study the entire situation before commenting. You cannot have a particular session imposing themselves on others for nearly 80years and claiming justice. This might be the beginning of the end of Catholicism in the Southern Igbo area if the issue is not handled with care. [quote]

End of catholicism ko begining of catholicism ni.This mbaise catholics are a disgrace to igboland,catholicism and christianity as a whole.

Imagine people who call themselves priests engaging in this shameful protest.

These shameful priests would be excommunicated and the ahiara diocese closed and merged with owerri.The people can go ahead and form their mbaise catholic church and even make an mbaise man pope.

I have heard the saying if an mbaise man and a snake should enter your house you should first kill the mbaise man before you kill the snake but I never took it serious until now.

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 22, 2013
Enegod: what is wrong with mbaise ppl?!

village brought up mbaise people!
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Eazeee(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2013
Dis con3 is truely finished. Imagine even their igbo brother 4rom a neighboring community is rejected. What if he is from d north or west? Dis guys hav no right even in christendom 2 blame d Jews for crucifying Jesus Christ because dey dis guys wuda done worst
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Kei144(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2013
An Imo State man that used to be a devout Catholic abandoned the Catholic simply because a late Anambra State priest was put on the road to sainthood. How could they make an Anambra State person a saint? Cardinal Arinze must have recommended the late Tansi.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by naUgotire: 8:04pm On May 22, 2013
Okoro2015:

God bless you good brother.
Pope's order ko papal order ni. Does pope know Okpaleke. Sorry Mbaise people are wiser. They are not by any means disobeying the pope. But they are exposing those who are using his name to perpetuate injustice.

Whether politics or not, if you don't like what has been done, go to Rome and influence the pope. Going by your argument, the pope was influenced. And so what? He made his selection already, and who are you, an unrighteous layman who is evidently wallowing in unrighteousness, to challenge the edict of the pope? The best you can do under the circumstance, is to wait for the new bishop to retire, and then go visit Rome for the purposes of influencing the pope. There are no two ways about that.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Cathydera(f): 8:07pm On May 22, 2013
The catholic church is infallible and the Pope is the vicar of Christ. He has the final say. I am from IMO but I think mbaise people should rethink before the bring curse upon themselves.
let me ask why didn't they elect a Roman to become a Pope?.
why did Paul and Barnabas travel from their own home to other countries all in the name of spreading the good news?
the bottomline is that he has been ordained as a Bishop.
mbaise people please accept and embrace peace.

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Achuamaokwa(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2013
i now believe in the old popular saying.'' onye mbaise bata be gi agwo bata, gi buru uzo gbuo onye mbaise'' meaning if mbaise person enter your house '& snake enter too, first kill mbaise person before snake. Too bad for una, no be most say una go be a catholic.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 22, 2013
That is a lie the politrickians planted to justify their agenda. No such petition wxists. Mbaise priests knew that their bishop had submitted a list to vatican as statutorily required of any serving bishop.

While they knew where those names are drawn from, how were they supposed ro know the chosen one until announced by Rome. Question is "who smuggled in the name Okpaleke and made him favorite ro be announced"?

This appointment has a lot of import. That the over 500 Mbaise priests are not qualified to be bishop either in their diocese or elsewhere. We know the pope wouldn't remotely have this kind of opinion.

The actors know themselves and have been apologizing in secret. They should come out in the open. But they'll rather denigrate a whole clan than to say the truth.

All you who are calling the name of God here, I hope you will willfully accept it when an enemy thwarts your destiny.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nightshift(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2013
The greatest threat to Igboland is the glaring culture of disunity amongst Ndigbo.

Having Eze and Igwe on all the streets of Igboland will not save us from this obnoxious culture of self - hatred.
Why is it near impossibility for us to view and accept fellow Ndigbo as part of our brotherhood, irrespective of whether one is from Ezza or Isiala-Ngwa?

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by AnyiWa(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2013
Mbaise has never been known for anything good...seriously!.They should be relocated to Malawi
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Lexo22(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2013
What
Do
They
Stand
To
Loose
If
Their
Fellow
Easterner
Is
Appointed

Bishop

IHERE MEGBUKWA
UNU!!
NDI IMO!!!
angry

Ndi mbaise ..... Oburo Ndi Imo nile
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 22, 2013
Christians at it again, wonder what the pope is going to do lmao, if he retracts that means this religion is as fake as a $300 note bill ...Christianity to the dog: racism, tribalism and bigotry...me like it ...less Christians in Africa cool

3 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by achi4u(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2013
Ndi a na ete umuigbo unyi n'ihu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / Pastor Steps On Church Member To Perform Deliverance - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.