Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,827,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect (27470 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Stripped Unclad In Imo / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Anglican Church Members Lock Out Priest In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by ethicalUser(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
There's this saying " Kill an MBAISE MAN first b4 killing a visible coiled poinous snake". This tells you the level of danger an MBAISE MAN potends.
Ahiara Diocese of SNAKEs! Why them no go reject anything wey no long like them. Funny enough they are just showing off their slattery tendencies on an issue only the pope has the final say on. Pity on IMO STATE generally on the way they tend to politicise everything.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION MBAISE PEOPLE ARE DISLIKED JUST BECAUSE AN AVERAGE MBAISE MAN IS WISE AND INTELLIGENT
OUR MOTTO REMAINS:"WE ARE WISE IT IS NOT OUR FAULT" Continue Hating it will definitely lead u no where.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Mortiple(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2013
Nightshift: Mbaise people are great folks, bro! Whenever i remember Mbaise people what comes to my mind is beautiful Highlife music from Oriental Brothers, Sir Warrior, Dan Satch and Kabaka! We shouldn't allow old prejudice corrupt our mind against our kind. That could be a bitter pill for some folks to take though....
Get your facts right. Kabaka and Dan Satch are not from Mbaise! Remember it was Kabaka that first made the statement "if you see Mbaise person and see a snake ..." By the way, Sir Warrior was from Enyiogwugwu, a community that shares most Owerri characteristics - dialect, lifestyle, etc besides proximity.

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Mortiple(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2013
Mba5(sense)!
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 22, 2013
Okoro2015:

You seem to be a very young fellow. Let me be blunt. How many non indigenous bishops are in Anambra? We have scores of them elsewhere. Tell me.

Lol. . I guess I didnt get the meaning. . That, I do not know.

But then again does it matter if the bishop is indigineous or not. . They dont worship the bishop do they?
Thats the point i was tryna make. .

Oh well. . Thanks for explaining the grammar
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by GooseBaba: 10:13pm On May 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

You really think a tiny community like mbaise can subvert the mighty catholic church? You must be joking!!

The pope has made his choice.Fall in line or get excommunicated.One more thing no member of the clergy involved in this show of shame even if not excommunicated will ever get to be a bishop of the catholic church.

What if God says its their destiny to be bishop. Will the church overide it .?
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by GooseBaba: 10:16pm On May 22, 2013
sly-k:

Madam CWO President, Mrs Felicia Nwogu, you are a disgrace to your position as a mother. What has catholic church has to do with a peoples culture?
Shame will forever be yours if the consecrated bishop latter assume office in Ahiara diocese.
For many of you heading this reject rally against Bishop Okpalaeke, may you never recieve blessings from him. Never query God when your children and many around you will say no to your leadership.

Nna bros!! So you receive your blessings from mere mortal..! Oh I forgot you still have to tell him your sins too... Hehehehe wahala dey oo..
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by VEGA(m): 10:20pm On May 22, 2013
The issue has nothing to do with Catholic doctrine. Groups in Mbaise are trying to make their point and quite vocally. Their point is that there is a skewed appointment of Catholic Bishops in Nigeria and is unacceptable to them. This is an internal Catholic Church problem and as someone said in this forum, it should be noted that not all Mbaise people are Catholics.
That said, Rome has spoken and as such Bishop Okpaleke stays. Obviously this would be a test of his calling as he has to build followership since without sheep there would be no need foe a shepherd. Rome would in time look into the issues raised and I am pretty certain the Church will come out stronger.
Commentators should stop being carried away by stereotypes and shallow thinking.
Both sides have made their points but the Catholic Church which I proudly profess will as usual take care of this little storm in a tea pot.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 22, 2013
GooseBaba:

Nna bros!! So you receive your blessings from mere mortal..! Oh I forgot you still have to tell him your sins too... Hehehehe wahala dey oo..

This is very uneccessary. . . .
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by kalunomics(m): 10:22pm On May 22, 2013
dayokanu: This Okpaleke sounds like a Yoruba name sef

Opaleke
And 'dayokanu' sounds like my name 'kanu'
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Mortiple(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2013
Another AHIARA DECLARATION in the offing which may result to:
1. Forgive Bishop Okpaleke and allow him to have a peaceful reign. OR
2. Form a parallel Catholic Church and appoint there own Bishop and even Pope.
3. Quit the Catholic Church totally
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by oboy3(m): 10:27pm On May 22, 2013
Anambra are matured,we have every other Igbos occupying posts in Anambra state buh you dont see us protesting,time for us to start our own protests because almost all the priest in my hometown's catholic church are mbaise and Abia
mtcheeeeewwwww
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=VEGA]
The issue has nothing to do with Catholic doctrine. Groups in Mbaise are trying to make their point and quite vocally. Their point is that there is a skewed appointment of Catholic Bishops in Nigeria and is unacceptable to them. This is an internal Catholic Church problem and as someone said in this forum, it should be noted that not all Mbaise people are Catholics.
That said, Rome has spoken and as such Bishop Okpaleke stays. Obviously this would be a test of his calling as he has to build followership since without sheep there would be no need foe a shepherd. Rome would in time look into the issues raised and I am pretty certain the Church will come out stronger.
Commentators should stop being carried away by stereotypes and shallow thinking.
Both sides have made their points but the Catholic Church which I proudly profess will as usual take care of this little storm in a tea pot.

Very reasonable comment. But if there is injustice, why must it be allowed to stay? "Because Rome has spoken"? We need to hear from the real Rome.

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by dikarious(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Wily,Wily:

Ahiara people dey spoil Catholic name, if they are tired of Catholic, they should quit and join another Church.
what other name has catholic other than catholic?
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by GooseBaba: 10:32pm On May 22, 2013
Kelechigodwin: Wrong caption, it is nt Imo Youths rather Mbaise catholic Youth, they re showing d world how tribalistic they re, i hate there character esp there girls

"Especially the girls" ... Because dem no give you toto...guy park well... Tomorrow you go dey shout Ndigbo..!..
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Dempsy(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2013
I repeat myself and it seems nobody want to answer me.....how many non indegenious bishops r in anambra state.......becus i want to conclude my judgement now....
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by janeteubena: 10:41pm On May 22, 2013
Wonders shall never end. Even priests dey follow protest with their white vestments. what a shame on we catholics.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by goldolu: 10:43pm On May 22, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Watching...
watching, tragic. Sam Mbakwe once wept for Imo State as a Governor. Catholic Church has been turned into a main market, I.e OMATA
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by GooseBaba: 10:44pm On May 22, 2013
Br3nd4:

This is very uneccessary. . . .

How so.!? Is he to worship the bishop/ church or God..? it appears he has his faith on the bishop..so tell me what is "very unnecessary"...
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by metalGong: 10:46pm On May 22, 2013
Dempsy: I repeat myself and it seems nobody want to answer me.....how many non indegenious bishops r in anambra state.......becus i want to conclude my judgement now....

Thats a silly question! . . . . I am from Anambra state, and I go to church to hear the word of God. I don't go to church to start asking the state of origin or birth place of all my priests or bishops.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nightshift(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2013
Mortiple: Get your facts right. Kabaka and Dan Satch are not from Mbaise! Remember it was Kabaka that first made the statement "if you see Mbaise person and see a snake ..." By the way, Sir Warrior was from Enyiogwugwu, a community that shares most Owerri characteristics - dialect, lifestyle, etc besides proximity.
Is Ahiazu and Enyiogugu not part of greater Mbaise area? Most members of Oriental Brothers are from Mbaise zone. As I write now, i am even singing one of their great songs - Onye Ma Onye Wu Onye! Apama special 1980 grin cheesy
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Christmasdon(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2013
Ndi Mbaise what a good people with good backgrounds. Whether snake or no snake i love mbaise. Mbaise are known over the world with their braveness and wisenes. People don't love us because we are the tribe of Jacob who uses his wiseness on Esau. Till today Esau is not happy with Jacob his brother. That is why our brothers from other part of the region dislike mbaise People. Without MBAISE there's no imo state. Rochas affirms that. Mbaise are worldwide. I LOVE MBAISE.

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by egbenduru: 11:08pm On May 22, 2013
Honestly I am shocked at this behaviour coming from people who claim to be catholic not just christians.Has nominations to the position of bishops become an issue that will attract protests as we see in the social setting?This is just the second bishop to be appointed for Mbaise in the history of the diocese and the previous bishop was from Mbaise,so why are people protesting.If successive bishops had come from outside Mbaise,one may say why not also think of an Mbaise man.
The present archbishop of benincity is from Ogbaru in Anambra state,Edo people are not complaining,Okojie was for long the archbishop of Lagos and he hails from Uromi in Edo state no one complained,Michael Fagun was bishop of Ekiti and hails from Ondo no one is carrying placards,Vincent Ezeonyia haisl from Uke in Anambra and is the bishop of Aba no one is protesting,why are we dragging the church to the mud just to have a servant of the people of God.Has this become the same as the position of a president of the federal republic,I am totally disappointed with even priests from Mbaise who are behind this.This is catholic church and not a political party.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 22, 2013
Please mbaise people, burn down the churches
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Christmasdon(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2013
I am from Ahiara diocese. All saints catholic parish obodo ahiara. Long live Mater cathedral Ahiara. All we are saying let justice be done. Long live pope Francis I.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by camelus: 11:21pm On May 22, 2013
he youths of Ahiara community in Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State yesterday locked the Catholic Cathedral to protest the ordination of Monsignor Peter Okpalaeke as the Bishop of Ahiara Diocese.

Okpalaeke, who is from Anambra State, was appointed bishop-elect of the diocese by former Pope Benedict XVI last December after the death of the pioneer bishop of the diocese, Victor Chikwe.

But while ordination was going on, the priests and Catholic faithful including the youths from the diocese, who preferred an indigene of Mbaise as bishop of the diocese, said the bishop-elect would not be allowed in the diocese.

The youths, who took over the church, locked up the entrance gate to the cathedral where the newly ordained bishop was to begin his 10- year tenure as the bishop of Ahiara Diocese.

The protesters, who disrupted vehicular and human movement in the area, vowed not to allow the bishop access into the cathedral, insisting that the diocese would remain without a bishop for the next 10 years. Some of protesters told journalists that “we will not allow this injustice. We don’t want the bishop who is not from our community.

That is all we are saying and we are ready to fight to finish”. Despite the protesters’ threat, Pope Francis directed Catholic authorities yesterday to ordain the bishopelect.

The ordination, which was carried out amid tight security at the Seat of Wisdom Seminary in Ulakwo in Owerri North Local Government Area, was held several miles away from the Ahiara Diocese.

This, according to a source, was to prevent the breakdown of law and order. However, many Catholic faithful and other dignitaries within and outside the country, including John Cardinal Onaiyekan, the archbishop of Abuja, attended the ordination. In his sermon, the Catholic Bishop of Umuahia Archdiocese, Lucius Ugorji, said: “Only the Pope has the final say in the appointment of bishops.

There is no provision for quota system in the appointment of bishops.” According to him, the acceptance of the appointment is a respect for the Pope, while rejection, inflammatory statements and protests are spiteful and disrespectful to the Papal authority. Ugorji urged the people to work with the new bishop for the progress of the diocese.
Unbelievable ! It can only be Mbaise People.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by rareman(m): 11:23pm On May 22, 2013
This is just stupidity raised to the power2, truely am very ashamed of this. How did we degenerate this far, BIGOTRY in the house of God? I opened this thread thinking the bishop-elect must have committed one thing or the other, but this is far from my mind.
Well not too surprised with mbaise people, where every family boast of producing catholic priest. In tHe east mbaise should have the highest number of priests, but corruption in catholic church stems from their homes. Hypocrisy abound in their hearts. Tufiakwa!!! Ihere mee unu

1 Like

Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by ZeusI: 11:26pm On May 22, 2013
Abagworo: Most of you are ignorant of this issue and should 1st of all study the entire situation before commenting. You cannot have a particular session imposing themselves on others for nearly 80years and claiming justice. This might be the beginning of the end of Catholicism in the Southern Igbo area if the issue is not handled with care.
You might as well question God's fairness in 'Justice' on why the whites(Europeans/ West) has been ever supreme over the black race. And don't you ever involve 'IGBO' in such inane gibberish you just scribbled.:@
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Christmasdon(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2013
He who hates mbaise, hates Jacob. PERIOD. Ishi na-ha emebi unu.
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by BinghiNya(m): 11:48pm On May 22, 2013
Confused Religion
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by muktarmtt(m): 11:53pm On May 22, 2013
Hahaha i tot say all christian r broders anyware dey find dem self jst lyk muslim boders but dis new prov me wrong wat a Shame u ppl,
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by muktarmtt(m): 12:02am On May 23, 2013
Daz why islam is d true religion cos all muslim r broders any ware in d wold d word islam connect us 2gether, as dat msg boston bommer said if u tuch one muslim u tuch all muslim cos we r all one black, white, Asian, chanis, indian, arab, etc we all one nd any person frm oda part of d country cn lead us if he bear d name muslim no need 2 b inn our community islam is d best. Now d haters will start sayi trash on me now instep of defending dem self dey go jst say some shit, jst run ur mouth cos it not gonna chng anyting
Re: Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect by Nobody: 12:25am On May 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Escoba Smith Gifts Pastor 2018 Toyota Landcruiser (Photos) / Is Wet Dream A Sin? / Pastor Steps On Church Member To Perform Deliverance - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.