Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System (9641 Views)

Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis / Aliyu Kicks Against Banning Of Almajiri System / D.Mark Seeks Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Flooded Areas In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 22, 2013
Senate President, David Mark, on Wednesday urged Northern governors to ban the Almajiri system in the area to curb terrorism.
Mark, who insisted that since the practice is not an Islamic injunction, said politicians encouraging it are doing so for political gains.
He noted that the system is counter-productive and called on governors from the north to follow the example already laid by the governor of Kano State who has reportedly banned the system.
He said people now do bizarre things in the name of unemployment.
Mark spoke following the debate on a Bill entitled: “A Bill for an Act to Repeal and Re-Enact the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Act 2003″ in Abuja.
Mark said: “If you cannot get employment you will go and join a terrorist group so that you can be employed. You join Boko Haram so that you can be employed.
“If you are poor then you begin to trade and traffic in human beings so that you can be rich. These are just never excuses.
“What of the people who are also buying these people outside? Is it because they cannot find employment or because they are poor?”
He added: “We must agree that politicians in the north have failed over the years to stem the Almajiri system.
“In fact, if anything else, it would appear that they have encouraged it for political reasons or they have been scared of making a comment on it and I think it is a unique opportunity for governors in the northern region to ban the Almajiri system today because they need to and it is a system that is counter –productive to the growth and development of the country.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/terrorism-mark-seeks-almajiri-systems-ban/

11 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by dgitrader(m): 5:50pm On May 22, 2013
Hmmm, mark is steering a troubled water. The almajiri population is a weapon of mass intimidation in the hands of the born to rule's. To banned it, means mass education in the north! And that's a no-go-area. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by mike404(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2013
I totally agree with you sir

7 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by xcolanto(m): 6:56pm On May 22, 2013
Mark you have my vote on this one. The Almajiri system is counter productive and brings no gain to the economy whatsoever rather it becomes a burden on states that engage in this system, the populace and the Nigerian goverment at large. This almajiri's end up being potential "terrorists", miscreants and all other social vices which are negative to human development and the eradication of illiteracy,massive poverty and child traficking that the Nigerian goverment stands against. Having served in the North, I have a first hand experience on their modus operandir. The recent on-going projects on building almajiri schools in the north should be changed to proper schools where "western education" should be taught so these kids could be useful to society at large. Unfortunately "western education" is all they stand against causing the bombings been exerienced mostly in the core north.

5 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 22, 2013
I love David Mark.

He is one person North of the Niger who you can trust to say it like it is.

This is one of the root causes of terrorism in the North

Annoyingly a lot of them are not Nigerians

15 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 22, 2013
Preach on man, so that when the next necessary state of emergency is approved on the next boko haram infested state, the anti PDP goons won't blame GEJ

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by aletheia(m): 9:30pm On May 22, 2013
mikeansy: I love David Mark.

He is one person North of the Niger who you can trust to say it like it is.

This is one of the root causes of terrorism in the North

Annoyingly a lot of them are not Nigerians
My guy...David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark is not and has never been from North of the Niger. Stop stereotyping anyone who is non South-west or South-East or South-south as "North of the Niger". Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 22, 2013
aletheia:
My guy...David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark is not and has never been from North of the Niger. Stop stereotyping anyone who is non South-west or South-East or South-south as "North of the Niger". Thank you.

Pardon my Geography, is Benue North or South of River Niger?

10 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Obiagu1(m): 9:53pm On May 22, 2013
mikeansy:

Half of Ijalaland and Idomaland were originally part of Southern Nigeria and David Mark was originally a Southerner.
I don't know how they ended up as Northerners.

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by aletheia(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2013
mikeansy:
Benue State is geographically East of the Niger and South of the Benue River. Please note how close Nsukka is to Otukpo - David Mark's hometown. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Baba419(m): 10:10pm On May 22, 2013
i know mark well well, we used to play football together close to the junction where his mother fries yam.

2 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by sammyzacks(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2013
That is gonna be your next president.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Sibrah: 10:50pm On May 22, 2013
Almajiri system A.K.A. Federal Character.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Sibrah: 10:52pm On May 22, 2013
Baba419: i know mark well well, we used to play football together close to the junction where his mother fries yam.
the mark you know must be the one you drew on the floor to represent your goal post.

8 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:28am On May 23, 2013
seconded
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by almajiri101: 9:31am On May 23, 2013
David mark must be crazy for the rubbish he spewed up here.

If you like wipe off the whole northerners, it would never restore peace to this broken country until u tell that scumbag to vacate the office.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Lexo22(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2013
I agree with Mark.... They should ban it ASAP is an ill wind.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:36am On May 23, 2013
aletheia:
Benue State is geographically East of the Niger and South of the Benue River. Please note how close Nsukka is to Otukpo - David Mark's hometown. Thanks.
yet u guys betrayed us during the war? Well past is past we forgive u all. Now the job is to end these bombers dominance so that tom and harry would be safe in this country
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Owerreedem: 9:38am On May 23, 2013
Interesting. Can government quickly do it?
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:42am On May 23, 2013
almajiri101: David mark must be crazy for the rubbish he spewed up here.

If you like wipe off the whole northerners, it would never restore peace to this broken country until u tell that scumbag to vacate the office.
JTF will soon hunt you and your lots down.

13 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by ewet: 9:43am On May 23, 2013
Its not sufficcient to just ban the almajiri system. All the Senate president has succeeded in doin is merely making political statements. Let him follow words with action by leading the campaign and seein tht this problem is solved during his tenure. This is a socio-cultural phenomenum of this people. the social structure of the northerners is built on this caste system.

The question is how do you tackle this decadence that has lived with the people for centuries. There belief systems is skewed in favour of this system tht is threatening us now.

How will the govt re-socialize this teeming army of jobless,unskilled and helpless children.

5 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Lilimax(f): 9:46am On May 23, 2013
Obiagu1:

Half of Ijalaland and Idomaland were originally part of Southern Nigeria and David Mark was originally a Southerner.
Idomaland have never been in the South. It is part of Benue state?
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Enegod(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2013
Sibrah:
the mark you know must be the one your drew on the floor to represent your goal post.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:47am On May 23, 2013
Obiagu1:

David Mark is a Northerner or, better still, a Middle Belter. He is of the Idoma extraction. The problem with most people is their belief that the North is made up of Hausa/Fulani only. In the Middle Belt alone there are upto fifty ethnic groups. Today's Benue, Plateau, Nasarrawa, Kogi, Kwara and Niger states have always been part of the North, right from 1946 when the Richard Constitution introduced regionalism.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:51am On May 23, 2013
Yeeeh I dey fear for common nigerian oh,make dis man no come cause trouble and carry him family commot for naija and leave the common people to face the music oh.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Nobody: 9:53am On May 23, 2013
it should be banned, it's degrading, actually poverty made the northern to adopt that way of live.

Mark,you have my vote on this.

3 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by kunlekunle: 9:55am On May 23, 2013
Obiagu1:

ask lord lugard.
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by kunlekunle: 10:00am On May 23, 2013

heard this phrase b4?
'educate the north and loose nigeria'
Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Feraz(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2013

lmao....your name says it all. . . .

1 Like

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by Edoboy1(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2013
You people left the topic and started dabating were David mark comes from. How childish,that's our problem in Nigeria,tribalism instead of one people. He is a Nigerian,that's all. Back to the post,they should stop this so called Almajiri nation wide,its a menace to our society. Imagine them taken it as a gainful employment and a must to give. A situation were u don't give them anything, it results to abuse and insults as if they are in my pocket. Its annoying.

5 Likes

Re: Terrorism: Mark Seeks Ban Of Almajiri System by kunlekunle: 10:03am On May 23, 2013
Ola Johnson:
David Mark is a Northerner or, better still, a Middle Belter. He is of the Idoma extraction. The problem with most people is their belief that the North is made up of Hausa/Fulani only. In the Middle Belt alone there are upto fifty ethnic groups. Today's Benue, Plateau, Nasarrawa, Kogi, Kwara and Niger states have always been part of the North, right from 1946 when the Richard Constitution introduced regionalism.

it was in the 1900s that most of the middle belt was seeded to the north.
that paved way for the amalgamaation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1949 - Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech To Ibo People / Lagos CJ Frees 153 Kirikiri Inmates / Breaking! Omoyele Sowore Was Disgraced Heavily In Kebbi (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.